General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that PA was fortunate to get CW. She has youth on her side, and good looks.
I know it's futile to think about what might have been, but if Rainier had been more forebearing towards his son, the wedding problem could have been sorted much earlier.

What will happen with the kids of Albert and Charlene.
If they first get a daughter and then a son (as Rainer and Grace did) will she be heir to the throne or will the son get "first place" just like Albert did?

Thank you for this information Renata.

If Prince Albert and Charlène has a daughter, she will be the heir untill they have a son, and than the son will be the heir, if they have only daughters, the first of the daughter will be the heir.
It is not like in Belgium, Sweden or Norge where the first child is the heir. Now there are more princess who will be sovereighns than prince. Spain, Belgium,Netherlands, norge, and Sweden, only a prince(Denmark) and United Kingdom

Presently Princess Charlene is Queen consort of Monaco and First Lady of the Land at long last. When all the distasteful rumours have died. Charlene will emerge as a fantastic asset to Monaco.

I am sure it will. The rumours are just slowly desappearing I think ! :flowers:
Presently Princess Charlene is Queen consort of Monaco and First Lady of the Land at long last. When all the distasteful rumours have died. Charlene will emerge as a fantastic asset to Monaco.

There is no Queen in Monaco, its Princess consort of Monaco.

Queen, Grand Duchess or Princess are just titles depending how large their country is and the law of the land and the reason why different titles were given in earlier centuries. It could be Zarina, Kaiserin or Empress. Queen Marie of Greece is queen without a country, the last Kaiserin of Germany, Empress Farah of Iran and we know the history of the last Zarina Alexandra of Russia They all were queen consorts and some are queens without a country. In realality Grand Duchess Theresa of Luximburg and Princess Charlene are queen consort. Albert is King.

Queen, Grand Duchess or Princess are just titles depending how large their country is and the law of the land and the reason why different titles were given in earlier centuries...
You yourself have said it.
Monaco is a Principality, so it's Sovereign is a Prince, and his wife is Princess Consort, who is Charlene.
She is not the Queen, because she is not Consort to King and his kingdom.

Queen, Grand Duchess or Princess are just titles depending how large their country is and the law of the land and the reason why different titles were given in earlier centuries. It could be Zarina, Kaiserin or Empress. Queen Marie of Greece is queen without a country, the last Kaiserin of Germany, Empress Farah of Iran and we know the history of the last Zarina Alexandra of Russia They all were queen consorts and some are queens without a country. In realality Grand Duchess Theresa of Luximburg and Princess Charlene are queen consort. Albert is King.

Monaco is a Principality!!!!!

Also, Luxembourg is a Grand Duchy and not a Kingdom...

There is a King Albert, but in Belgium, not in Monaco.

Monaco will never be more than a Principality. Looking back into its history, it was very lucky to get this far.

Whether a Grand Duchy or a Principality Prince Albert and Grand Duke Henry are reigning monarchs which reminds me of Prince Nikola of Montenegro was a hardworking monarch eventually upgraded his title by calling himself King while the reigning Monarchs in Europe and elsewhere agreed and accepted his new title; Queen Victoria objected, I presumed( with a frown ) Although Queen Victoria was queen of Great Britain and the British Empire she readily accepted the Title Empress of India.
It is all prestige re: Titles. Napolean Bonaparte was a general and after the French Revolution he by- passed Prince, King and crowned himself Emperor.
I understand why the Duchies in Germany was created due to the Hamlets, and small towns that was ruled by the various families until Germany was united hence most of the Royal Families in Europe are related their origin are German.

What's in a name or a title? ;) Monaco is a Principality, the sovereign is a Prince, I think we can leave it at that.

I do not know where to put this, I found an interview on Channel 2(A2) with Stephan Bern and Marie Drucker)with the prince Albert and Charlene at the times before the wedding. This interview was not like the others where there were always the same questions. This time Princess Charlene spoke about her convert to the catholic religious, she said why she converted to the catholic religious, she also said that one of her brother is catholic, her grandmother is catholic and the other brother is anglican.she said that the catholic religious is the state religion of Monaco, it is part of the culture of Monaco and as she will stay in Monaco for always, she converted to the catholic religious. She spoke on her role as princess and so. At the end at the answer of the report she spoke a little in french. and Prince Albert took her hand at the end of the interview.this interview lasted 20mn. If the medias read this interview, they never said those lies and rumors on the couple.

I do not know where to put this, I found an interview on Channel 2(A2) with Stephan Bern and Marie Drucker)with the prince Albert and Charlene at the times before the wedding. This interview was not like the others where there were always the same questions. This time Princess Charlene spoke about her convert to the catholic religious, she said why she converted to the catholic religious, she also said that one of her brother is catholic, her grandmother is catholic and the other brother is anglican.she said that the catholic religious is the state religion of Monaco, it is part of the culture of Monaco and as she will stay in Monaco for always, she converted to the catholic religious. She spoke on her role as princess and so. At the end at the answer of the report she spoke a little in french. and Prince Albert took her hand at the end of the interview.this interview lasted 20mn. If the medias read this interview, they never said those lies and rumors on the couple.
A link would be nice.

Albert et Charlene nous parlent de leur rencontre sur A2
I hope it will work for the lands outside of France

thank you titiromi for the link,
Charlene understands french, sometimes Stephane Bern translate but Marie Drucker doesn't translate her questions, she answers the question about the politic, she said prince Rainier said that he did not want Princess Grace make politic, is it the meaning of your future husban.? Charlene seemed a little in difficult but she answerd ( I am not a politician, I prefer to stay outside.) well said.

Paris court rules against blogger attacking Monaco
Meanwhile, Robert Eringer has been found guilty by Paris courts of publishing "false information" on Monaco and local key personalities. Following the court's ruling, Mr. Eringer removed the false and libelous stories from his blog but has so far refused to make any payment to the Prince and others for damages.
The ruling was June 14, 2011 before the rumors appeared in the press and on his blog about Charlene and the DNA tests.

It could just be the way they edited the interview. The first question was asked in French and English, implying the whole interview may have been done that way. From seeing another interview, I do believe PC speaks and understands French; just not at the level for a sit down interview to be shown on French national tv.

HooRAY! Eringer has lost all libel suits to date. The truth is finally coming out.

Last edited:
there are other claims against Eringer, the result will be in september, october and november . But He stayed in USA and I think that it will be not useful because I doubt he will end his naugty forums. He will go on

Ugh, I hope Eringer will get his due..he's a nasty piece of work.I don't know why PA is'nt asking his cousin,JOhn Lehman's help on how to deal with this guy.He's still a very influential figure in the Republican party and he knows people in high places.:ohmy:

This guy appears to be mentally unstable. The best thing that could happen is that they file criminal charges and demand that he get psychological treatment. If he has any assets they could attach liens but I am guessing that he is living off Daddy's money.

Burnt, PA may know people in high places but they still have to follow the law. Therefore there are limits in what can be done. At least, with these court decisions PA can show the press that he has been slandered and they will think twice before repeating what Eringer says.

I don't know what kind of agreement France and the US have regarding this kind of thing but I don't thing Eringer will be visiting France or Monaco by choice anytime soon.

Last edited:
This news made my day. And of course Eringer is claiming he's untouchable and completely innocent -yet he's worried enough to take the materials in question off his blog. Yet, true to form, he has responded by attacking the news outlet that put out the story about the judgments against him -in the same way he attacks anyone and everyone who defends Monaco or disagrees with him- by accusing them of being kiss-ups to Prince Albert (though in much more vile language of course). I don't know what could actually be done against him but I am encouraged by the fact that, despite all his arrogant bravado, he seems worried. Worried enough to comply with the demand to take the stuff off his blog which when I just checked now seems to contain nothing more than ads for his past books.

Somebody's a little spooked!

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

We don´t know for sure that Eringer is a liar or has invented everything. I dont´have reasons enough to believe PA more than him. If the Prince of Monaco went along with this farse of a marriage, why should I trust him in other serious matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom