The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I ask myself why the persons who dislike so much Charlene come on this forum, when I do not like the princess or the prince of a country, I do not go on the forum of the country, I do not lost my time in critics about this persons, I do not read the news about these persons.
On this board, there are not only fans about Charlene ,there are also neutral persons who sometimes critic her and sometimes say that what she does , is good.They do not critic her always
I think that Charlene is more happy than you because the hate about a person makes you very unhappy.
Was this directed to me?
Look melina, glad you like Charlene, but i'm being neutral with her lately.
And, you saying that Charlene is happier than me because i "hate" her...well, you are not being nice at all. I thought the forum was about to criticized/admired the royals, not the posters...

Old 10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
Ok. Then I was wrong. I thought they both are vegetarian

Very well said!!!!!!!!!!!
From my point of view it's pure envy and jealousy. Nothing more, nothing less!

And that is your argument to refute my criticism of her selfishness in creating a new unnecessary foundation? Would you be so kind as to name all the wonderful attributes that are so worthy of envy? Perhaps that fact that she was never happy with her looks and decided to drastically look different? Perhaps living monitored and controlled in a tiny place where she has to ask permission to do everything? Or surely her academic achievements and her gift for languages!!!!! Perhaps the easiness to communicate with people and the charisma, joy and happiness she radiates in every picture! Am I forgetting something?
Of course, the most important, if I criticize I must envy her status, position and fame. And I DO NOT, so please, this "envy and jealousy" excuse is starting to sound hackneyed and unfunded. We are not all like her!

Old 10-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Administrator

We are going round in circles again and are repeating the same old discussion that doesn't lead us anywhere
but in arguments only. Please respect both negative and positive sentiments! There is no need for another
debate on principles, we should agree to disagree and move on. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Courtier

I have to admit that I don't really feel the need for her foundation as well. True.
But I'm not in the position to make decisions if necessary or not or criticize her for that.
I bet she has good reasons and people around her to help her with that.
She doesn't need advice from outsiders like us!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Royal Highness

Just a thought, but could it be that Princess Charlene does not want to be compared to Princess Grace, thus her own foundation?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Courtier

I'm pretty sure of that.
In many interviews she said that she doesn't like to be compared with Grace and that everyone has it'n own personalities.
I guess that's one of the reasons she wanted this foundation. So she can do good in her way and her name.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Whats the big deal about there being a Princess Charlene Foundation? The PG Foundation supports the arts and presumably the Princess Charlene Foundation will be in aid of something else. How can this be a negative or an opportunity for criticism? Charity and support of good causes is after all one of the principle functions of royalty. Did anyone feel the need the criticize PA for the Prince Albert Foundation?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it's a big deal for her having a Foundation. I just say that maybe is too early to give her one, IMO. But, eventually she was about to have one.
Probably it will be related to special olympics, i guess.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Courtier

That's what I thought at first but according to the royal correspondent it's to assist children and women in need around the world.
I guess we will hear more of it in the near future.

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco News | The Royal Correspondent
Old 10-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

In the US, foundations are set up not only to provide charity but to provide tax relief. Monaco doesn't have personal income tax, but if Charlene receives income from other countries she could avoid foreign taxes by channeling her income to her foundation. At least she would have control of how the money is spent. Maybe that is why PG had 2 PG foundations; one in the US and one in France.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

We don't know if there will be a fondation Charlene but Bild which is related to this tv show says that the princess will present her fondation and the Springer media speaks about a foundation. Prince Albert is agree, in the interviews before the wedding he told about an eventually fondation that Charlene could do.In september, there was a report on Monaco Matin called' dans les pas d'une princesse' which says that the princess Charlene worked on it and there were yet raisings of money for this foundation. Now or later, I do not see the difference
Tv show is related to the children, it is called 'ein Herz fur Knider' a hearth for children, also I think this foundation, "if there is a foundation'will be for the children. Media say that it would be called 'foundation Princess Charlène' but this foundation could have an another title . We don't know, in april, the palace of monaco said that the money collected for the wedding will be shared between Prince Albert II foundation and the foundation of the future princess but it did not call this foundation ' foundation Princess Charlène 'it is the media which called it like this
Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 AM
Majesty

I don't think it's a big deal to have a charity named after Charlene.There is nothing wrong with doing charity!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Gentry

I do not like Charlene bleaching her hair since she was eight, for her natural color is light brown. I do either like the media telling her having blue eyes. They are really green and hazel, bur her using blue colored oculars.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Her hair has always been BLONDE. She's a natural blonde. Look at the photos from when she was like 3 on the wedding website. Her eyes are not blue at all. They've either been brown or hazel
Old 11-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Serene Highness

Only 2 weeks now till Charlene's first National Day as Princess. I am praying that she will wear a tiara for the first time at the opera in the evening along with the Order of St. Charles.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Nobility

Good point! 13 days. I hope she does too. Maybe we'll see.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene must have her own foundation. She is the wife of the current sovereign prince, for goodness sake. There will be a time when the PGrace foundation starts to wind down as the generations pass, sad though that will be. Charity needs current faces, as well as those faces from the past.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

I think the current foundations will be turned over to PC and PS, then their children. It is their relatives.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Majesty

Ah, the voice of common sense. You are absolutely correct! As fewer and fewer people even know who Princess Grace was, let alone what she looked like the Princess Grace Foundation becomes less relevant. Charities must remain current and in plain sight to remain effective. Princess Charlene's Foundation is just that, current!

As to the question of the colour of Charlene's eyes, there is an article in which she explains how her civil wedding outfit was chosen and she comments on howthe colour was intended to match her eyes.

Found it!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Zal57Pk2piHCbw
Old 11-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

I don´t get the relation between the fame/popularity of the person whose name is given to the foundation and the way it works. The Prince Pierre Foundation does not fulfil a good work in the field of literature because the prince has been dead for 50 years?

Closed Thread