The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Nobility

They dated from 2006-2011, tha's 5 years not "6, 7 years". Prince Albert was often away on trips and whatnot, attending to the affairs of his foundation and the principality of Monaco. Thus not giving them much "couple time", and even now, he's still pre-occupied with his other responsibilities.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Courtier

And I think it's something different for being his official companion, fiancée and wife.
They have both to adjust to their future roles. And taking part in official engagements by yourself without Albert is totally new for Charlene. Just like being his wife and standing next to him instead of 3 steps behind.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

the official portrait will come perhaps at the moment of the national fest, there is already the portrait of the wedding which is in the museum at the wedding exposition;
I believe the palace has more other important things to think than to the portrait. To build a team around the princess to help her. (lady of honor, secretary and so), Charlene said in the interviews before her wedding that her job will be made after her wedding and that her planning was empty at this time; also I think the palace thinks about the role of the princess in Monaco ans slowly, we will see the princess more and more at events in the principauty . We will see the official portrait of the couple in due time perhaps at the national fest, perhaps at the christmas fest.?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

With all the criticism this couple received... I'm not surprised they didn't release an official portrait yet! If I put myself in Charlene's shoes, at the time of doing the portrait I would be nervous as hell, thinking that people will say that I'm faking the smile / looking sad / etc.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe they think their engagement portrait is enough.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think like FanofMonaco that they think that the portrait of their engagement is enough. They do not want to be like the parents of prince Albert and Charlene does not want look like princess Grace, she and Albert will be different. In Monaco only the portrait of the prince is hanging in the official buildings it is not like in the other royal countries it does not urge
Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Although Grace and Ranier's wedding was, to a large degree, "arranged", they didn't have the nasty media that this couple have had..
Not entirely true, there were reports at the time of the engagement questioning how long the marriage would last (and questions of divorce figured in gossip columns throughout their 26 yrs) and some even questioned if the wedding would happen at all. Some people could not understand why she would or should give up her film career and go off to live in tiny Monaco which was almost unknown to most Americans in 1956.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Nobility

^ How could it not be true? They met FOUR TIMES before marrying each other for 26 years! Really?

I think Grace & Rainier's was arranged, but Charlene and Albert-they dated for 5 years, and seemed fairly happy with eachother.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about Grace and Rainier.

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Nobility

Just an observation but it seems to me that PC's official engagements/appearances has lessened eversince she got married to the sovereign..which should be the opposite,nay/yay?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Question:
PC was originally used to refer to Princess Caroline. Now it's used for Charlene. How would you call Princess Caroline then?
Charlene could be, PCH?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

How about with their whole names?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Question:
PC was originally used to refer to Princess Caroline. Now it's used for Charlene. How would you call Princess Caroline then?
Charlene could be, PCH?
Just type Princess Caroline or Princess Charléne
Old 10-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Just type Princess Caroline or Princess Charléne
LOL yep, i guess is easier.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Well Charlene is looking lovely. She looks happy and relaxed. I wonder how things are going with them and if she has had to learn French yet. Wonder if they will have children soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Nobility

She does look happier now. Perhaps she's more settled into her married life. Plus, she's in her element in the latest photos, being at a sporting event.
She's been learning French from her first move to Monaco in 2007. She just isn't entirely fluent yet. It'll take time. Think about it: People thought Grace was snobbish and rude for the first few years of her marriage to Rainier b/c she was quiet b/c she couldn't speak French fluently. With Charlene its the same way.
As for children, I REALLY highly doubt they will have children at all. I just don't see it. They are telling the cameras they want children, but I'm REALLY not getting that vibe, as nice as it would be.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post

As for children, I REALLY highly doubt they will have children at all. I just don't see it. They are telling the cameras they want children, but I'm REALLY not getting that vibe, as nice as it would be.
I'm glad that you're getting "the vibe" because PA has announced for years that he'd like a family, he's certainly fertile, PC is of the child bearing age and she's announced several times that she'd enjoy children. How on earth do you get your "vibe"?

I'd be VERY surprised if they don't have a brood.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 AM
Nobility

Have you seen how uncomfortable they both are with children? And how uncomfortable Albert is with his own children? Have you seen how little he is publicly seen with either of his known children?
I've never seen any two adults more uncomfortable with children than those two. They are jsut telling the media what they want to hear. That's all. (...)

(..)

I'll believe that they want/have children when they actually have them in hand. Until then I stand by my statement that I have this vibe there won't be any children in this marriage and that it won't last due to that.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Courtier

What you say is interesting about Charlene not being able to concieve. I am sure if this was the case, Albert would never have married Charlene. However they have been together a long time and I am sure the subject of children would have been discussed. Although a succession plan may be in place, it is a fact that Albert does need to produce a legitimate heir to carry on the Grimaldi line and for the preservation of Monaco. So I do hope that this does happen. Until then, I do think there will be a lot of uncomfortableness with his existing children.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
I am sure if thiswas the case, Albert would never have married Charlene.
Eh? He only married Charlene for her reproducing talents? Would he have just kept her as his mistress while he married someone who could have his children? If Albert doesn't produce an heir it is not the end of Monaco there is a succesion in place.