The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I´d say that is a sexist idea for the XXI century. Women own their bodies and men have condons. Except the prince of Monaco who has been quite irresponsible in conceiving children and in taking charge as a father.
Do you care to explain why? Why is the Prince any more irresponsible than the women involved? Women fought for the right to have final say over whether they have children or not. It is therefore their responsibility. The father may have to pay child support once the child is born but the father has no say whatsoever if that child is ever born. He is only responsible for the child if the woman decides there will actually be one. Before the actual birth the woman has every right to destroy "his" baby if she wants to. It is entirely up to her and he can't do a thing about it. That's not sexist -those are the facts and women fought for many, many years to have final responsibility over whether or not they have children. You cannot claim the power of life and death and then act as though you're not responsible for the decision.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Majesty

The women that are the mothers of Prince Albert's illegitimate children are educated and move in "society" to varying degrees. Neither of them are poor or uneducated and they made conscious decisions to get pregnant and to have a child outside wedlock.

I believe the reason that Albert has two illegitimate children is the result of two women who hoped to force Albert into marriage. Needless to say, they failed. To those that talk about condoms I can only say they do have a failure rate and, in the circumstances, I have not doubt they would have!

Interestingly enough, the "mothers" of the alleged love children making the headlines immediately before the wedding seem to be curiously "missing in action". Could it be that perhaps they don't actually exist?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Last year at the gala, there was nicole Coste and Princess Caroline was not present. this year there was not the Nicole Coste and there was Princess Caroline. I prefer this year.
We know that the last year, thanks to friends, she suceed to be at the gala, this year, after all these rumors, the palace examined all the guests which will be at this gala and he banned NC of the gala. she did not suceed to be there. The palace or Princess Charlene banned her this year . For me it is normal.In france, one newspaper (Paris Match) talk about NC, this newspaper likes her because , she revealed to Paris Match that she had a chid from Prince Albert and gave photos to this media in 2005, just after the funeral of Prince Rainier and she went on to give news to this media . This woman wants celebrity and she is not liked in the South of the France nor in Villefranche where she lived with her children, (she has also children of an ex husband) I prefer Mrs Rotolo who is more discret.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Administrator

We do not know if anyone was "banned" from the ball or not.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Do you care to explain why? Why is the Prince any more irresponsible than the women involved? Women fought for the right to have final say over whether they have children or not. It is therefore their responsibility.

Where did I say he is MORE responsible? It is you who make one of them more responsible, when it takes two to have a child. I say the responsilility is equal. I´m sure many women have tried to get pregnant with other princes or public figures, for the money, for the status, or whatever. Not all of them have succedeed because the men have not been so foolish.
I don´t know why many people are degrading Nicole here. I don´t like opportunists, but I don´t see the difference with CW. One got the tiara, the other could not. And don´t sell me the love story.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Where did I say he is MORE responsible? It is you who make one of them more responsible, when it takes two to have a child. I say the responsilility is equal. I´m sure many women have tried to get pregnant with other princes or public figures, for the money, for the status, or whatever. Not all of them have succedeed because the men have not been so foolish.
I don´t know why many people are degrading Nicole here. I don´t like opportunists, but I don´t see the difference with CW. One got the tiara, the other could not. And don´t sell me the love story.
Oh puleeeze, if you can't tell the difference you truly are blinded by prejudices and your agenda.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

^I don't understand that. If she can't tell the difference? She thinks Nicole and Charlene are opportunists. So what?
Many here think the contrary.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

I read that when Grace kelly got married her full title was Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco, Duchess of Valentinois, Marchioness of Baux, Countess of Carlades, Baroness of Saint-Lô. Does Charlene have all of these titles as well? I am presuming that she does.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Nicole and Albert are both responsible for the pregnancy but only Nicole is responsible for bringing the child into the world. That was her decision and no one else's. She could have chosen not to and Albert could not have stopped her. Her choice - her responsibility. I repeat, you cannot have "the right" without also having "the responsibility". As for Nicole having a less than pristine reputation, it might have to do with the rest of her background, how she came foward and went to the media when Prince Rainier was not even cold in the ground, at a time of great national sadness for Monaco and then (unlike the Rotolo woman) has been putting herself forward every chance she gets. Just might have a little something to do with.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:27 AM
Courtier

Albert made stupid mistakes in the past with his choice of woman. Yes he has children who will never want for anything. His choice of previous girlfriends leaves much to be desired. What does it say about these 2 married woman? Where was their loyalty to their own husbands? If one was already in a failed marriage getting involved with Albert, what was the point? These past unsuitable woman ... goodness what on earth was he thinking?

At least he has now come to his senses and married a steady girl like Charlene who I am sure will do Monaco proud. If people dislike Charlene at the end of the day, she is his wife now and nothing can change that. Albert was fortunate she agreed to marry him with his past record. It's not about his money or wealth. I believe Charlene loves him. I hope he does not disappoint her or let her down.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree that PA was fortunate to get CW. She has youth on her side, and good looks.
I know it's futile to think about what might have been, but if Rainier had been more forebearing towards his son, the wedding problem could have been sorted much earlier.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Courtier

What will happen with the kids of Albert and Charlene.
If they first get a daughter and then a son (as Rainer and Grace did) will she be heir to the throne or will the son get "first place" just like Albert did?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Either will be "Heir Presumptive".

Constitution of Monaco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Line of succession to the Monegasque throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 08-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Courtier

Thank you for this information Renata.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Prince Albert and Charlène has a daughter, she will be the heir untill they have a son, and than the son will be the heir, if they have only daughters, the first of the daughter will be the heir.
It is not like in Belgium, Sweden or Norge where the first child is the heir. Now there are more princess who will be sovereighns than prince. Spain, Belgium,Netherlands, norge, and Sweden, only a prince(Denmark) and United Kingdom
Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a girl. It would be great to have another Hereditary Princess of Monaco.

There has only been Louise-Hippolyte....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_...cess_of_Monaco

Wikipedia has a Category:Princes of Monaco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Princes_of_Monaco
Old 08-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Presently Princess Charlene is Queen consort of Monaco and First Lady of the Land at long last. When all the distasteful rumours have died. Charlene will emerge as a fantastic asset to Monaco.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sure it will. The rumours are just slowly desappearing I think !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Presently Princess Charlene is Queen consort of Monaco and First Lady of the Land at long last. When all the distasteful rumours have died. Charlene will emerge as a fantastic asset to Monaco.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
There is no Queen in Monaco, its Princess consort of Monaco.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Aristocracy

Queen, Grand Duchess or Princess are just titles depending how large their country is and the law of the land and the reason why different titles were given in earlier centuries. It could be Zarina, Kaiserin or Empress. Queen Marie of Greece is queen without a country, the last Kaiserin of Germany, Empress Farah of Iran and we know the history of the last Zarina Alexandra of Russia They all were queen consorts and some are queens without a country. In realality Grand Duchess Theresa of Luximburg and Princess Charlene are queen consort. Albert is King.

Closed Thread