General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NGalitzine said:
Do you suppose Rainier had a say about recognition of these illegitimate decision since they were born before 2005?

I'm sure he did!
well I should say I think he did don't want everyone telling me to prove it.

Back from Monaco I can only say Charlene does a great job and so does Albert.
Princess Grace has an enormous status and I can only agree with Princess Charlene not to be compared with her.
She is her own person and will do a great job in the future. As a wife, a mother and a Princess and I am sure Prince Albert will do everything he can to help her grow with her roles.

The tabloids will take whatever they can get or, as in the case of the "doctored" photo of Albert and the singer, what they can make.

It leaves it up to his legal team to really have at them. Their situation is unique in that immediately prior to the wedding Eringer let loose on his Blog and the whole media world went nuts. The horrific bad press was unforgivable but also unstoppable. It is a tribute to the character of the Princess that she did not make a break for it, so horrible was the avalanche of media sleaze directed at Albert and the inference that he didn't even love her. But she toughed it out, as did Albert.

It is now up the Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to carry on as normally as they can and let their people make the stand for them. So long as they are happy and working for their Principality who cares what sleaze is in the media overseas.

I would just like to see an official portrait. Maybe one of Princess Charlene by herself and one with Albert. A nice gown, her sash and medals, maybe even a tiara. That's all, just an official portrait. She's the Princess of Monaco -'take her picture already!' :photo:

:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :monacoflag:

I would just like to see an official portrait. Maybe one of Princess Charlene by herself and one with Albert. A nice gown, her sash and medals, maybe even a tiara. That's all, just an official portrait. She's the Princess of Monaco -'take her picture already!' :photo:

You are absolutely right, this is still missing!!!!
How long did it need on the other Royal Houses, until such a portrait has been revealed of a new Princess? Surely not that long????
BYe Bine

Excellent point, Bones. Grace had a formal portrait soon after her wedding-I think-and another one when Caroline was born...it was stunning.

I don't understand why Charlene hasn't...:whistling:

^
They are probably waiting to make it their Christmas card this year.

Excellent point, Bones. Grace had a formal portrait soon after her wedding-I think-and another one when Caroline was born...it was stunning.

I don't understand why Charlene hasn't...:whistling:
Although Grace and Ranier's wedding was, to a large degree, "arranged", they didn't have the nasty media that this couple have had. Everyone loved Grace! So beautiful. So elegant. So serene. And an incredibly hard act to follow.

Give Albert and Charlene time to be themselves and get comfortable with each other as a "couple" and maybe some of the stress will bleed off them. At the moment I think they are just taking each day as it comes and "Portraits" need to have a happy and confident sitter to achieve maximum impact.

But after all, why on earth would Albert want to imitate every little move his parents made. Albert and Charlene are their own people and I think it is up to them to set the standard and style of this Third Millennium in Monaco.

Give Albert and Charlene time to be themselves and get comfortable with each other as a "couple" and maybe some of the stress will bleed off them. At the moment I think they are just taking each day as it comes and "Portraits" need to have a happy and confident sitter to achieve maximum impact.

Lord! How much time do you think they need? A couple of decades more would be fine? They have been dating for 6, 7 years? Stress? These people are stressed? Because they have to look good in a photo, receive a bunch of flowers, go to fashion shows?:eek:

Being the head of state or being the wife of the head of state is certainly not an easy part to live with.
I wouldn't wanna be in their shoes and I think both do a good job so far.

They dated from 2006-2011, tha's 5 years not "6, 7 years". Prince Albert was often away on trips and whatnot, attending to the affairs of his foundation and the principality of Monaco. Thus not giving them much "couple time", and even now, he's still pre-occupied with his other responsibilities.

And I think it's something different for being his official companion, fiancée and wife.
They have both to adjust to their future roles. And taking part in official engagements by yourself without Albert is totally new for Charlene. Just like being his wife and standing next to him instead of 3 steps behind.

the official portrait will come perhaps at the moment of the national fest, there is already the portrait of the wedding which is in the museum at the wedding exposition;
I believe the palace has more other important things to think than to the portrait. To build a team around the princess to help her. (lady of honor, secretary and so), Charlene said in the interviews before her wedding that her job will be made after her wedding and that her planning was empty at this time; also I think the palace thinks about the role of the princess in Monaco ans slowly, we will see the princess more and more at events in the principauty . We will see the official portrait of the couple in due time perhaps at the national fest, perhaps at the christmas fest.?

With all the criticism this couple received... I'm not surprised they didn't release an official portrait yet! If I put myself in Charlene's shoes, at the time of doing the portrait I would be nervous as hell, thinking that people will say that I'm faking the smile / looking sad / etc.

Maybe they think their engagement portrait is enough.

I think like FanofMonaco that they think that the portrait of their engagement is enough. They do not want to be like the parents of prince Albert and Charlene does not want look like princess Grace, she and Albert will be different. In Monaco only the portrait of the prince is hanging in the official buildings it is not like in the other royal countries it does not urge

Although Grace and Ranier's wedding was, to a large degree, "arranged", they didn't have the nasty media that this couple have had..

Not entirely true, there were reports at the time of the engagement questioning how long the marriage would last (and questions of divorce figured in gossip columns throughout their 26 yrs) and some even questioned if the wedding would happen at all. Some people could not understand why she would or should give up her film career and go off to live in tiny Monaco which was almost unknown to most Americans in 1956.

^ How could it not be true? They met FOUR TIMES before marrying each other for 26 years! Really?

I think Grace & Rainier's was arranged, but Charlene and Albert-they dated for 5 years, and seemed fairly happy with eachother.

Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about Grace and Rainier.

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
Just an observation but it seems to me that PC's official engagements/appearances has lessened eversince she got married to the sovereign..which should be the opposite,nay/yay?

Question:
PC was originally used to refer to Princess Caroline. Now it's used for Charlene. How would you call Princess Caroline then?
Charlene could be, PCH?

Question:
PC was originally used to refer to Princess Caroline. Now it's used for Charlene. How would you call Princess Caroline then?
Charlene could be, PCH?

Just type Princess Caroline or Princess Charléne :D

Well Charlene is looking lovely. She looks happy and relaxed. I wonder how things are going with them and if she has had to learn French yet. Wonder if they will have children soon.:flowers:

:previous:

She does look happier now. Perhaps she's more settled into her married life. Plus, she's in her element in the latest photos, being at a sporting event.
She's been learning French from her first move to Monaco in 2007. She just isn't entirely fluent yet. It'll take time. Think about it: People thought Grace was snobbish and rude for the first few years of her marriage to Rainier b/c she was quiet b/c she couldn't speak French fluently. With Charlene its the same way.
As for children, I REALLY highly doubt they will have children at all. I just don't see it. They are telling the cameras they want children, but I'm REALLY not getting that vibe, as nice as it would be.

As for children, I REALLY highly doubt they will have children at all. I just don't see it. They are telling the cameras they want children, but I'm REALLY not getting that vibe, as nice as it would be.

I'm glad that you're getting "the vibe" because PA has announced for years that he'd like a family, he's certainly fertile, PC is of the child bearing age and she's announced several times that she'd enjoy children. How on earth do you get your "vibe"?

I'd be VERY surprised if they don't have a brood.

Have you seen how uncomfortable they both are with children? And how uncomfortable Albert is with his own children? Have you seen how little he is publicly seen with either of his known children?
I've never seen any two adults more uncomfortable with children than those two. They are jsut telling the media what they want to hear. That's all. (...)

(..)

I'll believe that they want/have children when they actually have them in hand. Until then I stand by my statement that I have this vibe there won't be any children in this marriage and that it won't last due to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you say is interesting about Charlene not being able to concieve. I am sure if this was the case, Albert would never have married Charlene. However they have been together a long time and I am sure the subject of children would have been discussed. Although a succession plan may be in place, it is a fact that Albert does need to produce a legitimate heir to carry on the Grimaldi line and for the preservation of Monaco. So I do hope that this does happen. Until then, I do think there will be a lot of uncomfortableness with his existing children.

Last edited:
I am sure if thiswas the case, Albert would never have married Charlene.

Eh? He only married Charlene for her reproducing talents? Would he have just kept her as his mistress while he married someone who could have his children? If Albert doesn't produce an heir it is not the end of Monaco there is a succesion in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom