General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert and Charlene are fast becoming a very popular royal couple. So yes, they are certainly one of my favourites as well. Look forward to seeing them at the wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sopie von Isenburg. I wonder what creation Charlene will wear?

I don't think they will attend. There will probably be no reigning royals at the wedding.

Bunte de said that there will be only big german noble royal families, it is said that there will not be royals , but it could be possible that P Albert and P charlene could be present. The future braids were at the wedding of prince Albert and Charlene, and I recall that Prince Georges Fridriech entered with Charlene Wittstock as she attended for the first times to the red cross Gala in 2006.There are photos where they was talking together.
Other subject, As Angieuk, I like very much Princess beatrice of York and also Her sister Eugenia

Aren't there gonna be some official photos of Charlene and Albert on the throne or just some official photos of them as Prince and Princess of Monaco?
Something like they just did with Mette Marit a few days ago???

Albert and Charlene are fast becoming a very popular royal couple. So yes, they are certainly one of my favourites as well. Look forward to seeing them at the wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sopie von Isenburg. I wonder what creation Charlene will wear?

Really? Where? In my country I have not seen a single picture of them in the press since the wedding. I guess the promotional campaign of the new princess was not successful enough as they had predicted. It was going to be a touristic boom, remember? Instead, I have seen P Albert two young, naturallly beautiful nieces generate more attention than the couple.

:previous: Maybe the statement about them should be qualified to Europe. Seldom do the European Royal families or nobility have the same popularity quotient in the hinterlands, i.e., the US and S. America :lol: as they do in the traditional "royal lands". Just MO, of course, I could be wrong, but in this case I rather doubt it. :)

For your country yes, you have not seen a photo of the couple it is too far Argentine but not matter we have in Europa photos of the couple almost every week (Photos of the couple at the ocean museum, Hercules Games, red cross Gala(in all the newspapers, opening of Clef and Arpels shop at Monaco, at the Grimaldi Forum' exposition od the courtyards of Europa, at the cloture of the music festival of Menton and 50 birthday of the nautic place of Monaco.
and it is not finish, there will be the gala at Nanterre for the Albert foundation on september the 9 th
It is not a campain of promotion for Princess Charlene but she is now the princess sovereighn and she will attend at many events in Monaco and perhaps in others countries. ( you want or not, that is a fact)

For your country yes, you have not seen a photo of the couple it is too far Argentine but not matter we have in Europa photos of the couple almost every week (Photos of the couple at the ocean museum, Hercules Games, red cross Gala(in all the newspapers, opening of Clef and Arpels shop at Monaco, at the Grimaldi Forum' exposition od the courtyards of Europa, at the cloture of the music festival of Menton and 50 birthday of the nautic place of Monaco.
and it is not finish, there will be the gala at Nanterre for the Albert foundation on september the 9 th
It is not a campain of promotion for Princess Charlene but she is now the princess sovereighn and she will attend at many events in Monaco and perhaps in others countries. ( you want or not, that is a fact)

:previous:Ah, thank you! It is indeed as I suspected. Because of that it is especially appreciated that pictures of the couple appear here given that we in the "outer areas" :) do not tend to see them as frequently.

Thanks again!!

Really? Where? In my country I have not seen a single picture of them in the press since the wedding. I guess the promotional campaign of the new princess was not successful enough as they had predicted. It was going to be a touristic boom, remember? Instead, I have seen P Albert two young, naturallly beautiful nieces generate more attention than the couple.

It is not a promotional campaign. It is what it is. I don't think they are a hoot about Argentina knowing anything about them.

Argentina knows of them... They were all over the news...

Are they first and foremost? Do you not have real news. They are a distraction. They are not important, except for visual picturess. It is a sham if you think their lives affect your counrty's problems or lives.

Argentina knows of them... They were all over the news...

Oh yes!! they were in the news! You must have seen the media mock them as I did:lol:

Argentina is too far! very funny!!!!

Are they first and foremost? Do you not have real news. They are a distraction. They are not important, except for visual picturess. It is a sham if you think their lives affect your counrty's problems or lives.

I don´t think I get your point. How can these two affect anyone´s life in the world. They can barely promote their own country with a wedding of 70 million euros. And when did I say that? You really understand whatever you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do affect European lives. They provide 40,000 jobs to the French plus France gets part of Monaco's tax money. When the Grimaldis wear or use a product the sales go up for that item. Why do you think all the haute couture houses, watch makers, jewelers and automakers want them using their products. When they visit another city it not only gives Monaco free publicity but also to the city they are in. They also increase the profit lines of the European press. That's why they are always on the covers of magazines. I don't know about S. America but I get the impression that Monaco blocks most pictures to the N. American press. There are some pictures and videos of them on this site that are blocked to N. America.

Oh yes!! they were in the news! You must have seen the media mock them as I did:lol:

Argentina is too far! very funny!!!!
There were media mocking them, and there were media not mocking them. Honestly, I don't get your point.

They do affect European lives. They provide 40,000 jobs to the French plus France gets part of Monaco's tax money. When the Grimaldis wear or use a product the sales go up for that item. Why do you think all the haute couture houses, watch makers, jewelers and automakers want them using their products. When they visit another city it not only gives Monaco free publicity but also to the city they are in. They also increase the profit lines of the European press. That's why they are always on the covers of magazines. I don't know about S. America but I get the impression that Monaco blocks most pictures to the N. American press. There are some pictures and videos of them on this site that are blocked to N. America.

I get your point fanofmonaco. They DO affect people´s lifes. Rich people want to wear what the Grimaldis wear, they want to attend the Rose Ball and the Red Cross, they want to buy in the exclusive brand stores of the principality. People who are fond of fairy tales need to feed their imaginations with fake love stories, generated, created and promoted by publicists. Sorry, my mistake.
I only have one objection. When you say "they", you are including CW I suppose, the new addition to the family. Let me point out you are grossly exaggerating. It is not she who provides jobs. It is not an uneducated lazy woman obsessed with her appearance, who has lived off a millionaire for years an example to follow. I would say she lessens the ideal of what a first lady should be. And if it is she who couture houses, watch makers, jewelers and automakers take as a role model, I am not anynore surprised at all the celebrities they attract are Victoria Silvstedt and the Kardasians.

I hope some get my point a little better now, and why they are quite the mocking material.

Aren't there gonna be some official photos of Charlene and Albert on the throne or just some official photos of them as Prince and Princess of Monaco?
Something like they just did with Mette Marit a few days ago???

I have been wondering that myself. Am I just being impatient? I want to see a formal portrait with the "princess dress", the jewels the San Carlo ribbon and everything. She's the consort now, there should be a formal portrait of the new princess and the couple. Come to think of it, Prince Albert wouldn't be hurt to do another himself, he's been reigning for a while now, that portrait of him from his enthronement could be updated.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

I have been wondering that myself. Am I just being impatient? I want to see a formal portrait with the "princess dress", the jewels the San Carlo ribbon and everything. She's the consort now, there should be a formal portrait of the new princess and the couple. Come to think of it, Prince Albert wouldn't be hurt to do another himself, he's been reigning for a while now, that portrait of him from his enthronement could be updated.

Maybe some new photos with both of them?! Like they often did with Diana and Charles.
I guess we have to wait and see :ermm:

Not all pictures and videos of PA and Charlene are blocked in the US as I have seen some of them and certainly they have appeared on the covers of major magazines here. And I have not heard them mocked in any way when they are in the news. It seems the press/media of some countries have developed a tendency of this kind apparently with the intent of appearing "cool and above it all". But then there are people like this in any country and in any profession. I really don't think most people pay attention to them except for those whose agenda it fits nicely.

I do include CW. The European fashions houses hire European workers. They don't send it off to China like the US does. So by promoting European products, CW is helping these houses retain or hire more workers. Same for jewelers, etc.

We all seem to think alike on these forums. I too have been thinking for a while now that a set of official portraits should be released to mark Charlene becoming POM. Personally I would love to see her in PG's ruby and diamond parure (tiara, necklace etc) and the Order of St. Charles. The ruby set would be so great as it would be a link to PG and also represents the national colours of Monaco.

Oh good gawd, Charlene should not be forced to wear anything of a woman who died 30yrs ago when she was like 3. I will never understand people's desire to make Katherine into the new Diana and now Charlene into the new Grace. Di and Grace are dead, get over it and let these two women find their own way.
As for media coverage of Charlene and Albert, I hardly see any in the US. I had to go on the internet to even find out that they had gotten married. Magazines have pointless stories about Kate on their covers, which is getting damn annoying btw. If she does something worthwhile then talk about it, but this craptastic "How she won William" and three stories about "Kate's Fashion" are a waste of dead trees.

Last edited:
I just found a video of Charlene in a radio interview.

..:: Talk Radio 702 ::..

Can you imagine Charlene looking like Alice Cooper??? :lol:

Well, more easily than I could imagine Alice Cooper looking like Princess Charlene. It's always easier to make yourself look worse than look better.:eek:

As to official photographs, there is bound to be a photo on National Day, as well as the Christmas Card.

But there won't be one "on the throne". PA himself won't ever be using the throne itself, although he has used the throne room for his wedding.

:previous: I have a postcard which is an official photo of Albert sat in what I assume is the official throne. (I say this because I have another photo of Albert with Rainier stood either side of this same throne with the Monaco coat of arms ). Albert is wearing various orders, and I assume it was taken soon after the enthronement. I don't have a scanner but I will have a look to see if I can find this pic on the web.

Just found it:

Albert

Last edited:
Princes of Monaco only sit on the throne on the day of their enthronement.

Princes of Monaco only sit on the throne on the day of their enthronement.
So does this mean the portrait above was taken on this day? ( It would still be possible for a picture to be taken with the Royal Couple stood adjacent to the throne as in the Albert /Rainier pic I mentioned. However, I think it is unlikely they would pose for such a photo given the more relaxed and informal style of recent photoshoots.

The only official photoof the couple we are seeing in the principauty is the photo of their engagements who was given to the shopkeepers at the moment of the wedding to put it in their shops and one which less famous is the photo taken at the last christmas.
I think there will be perhaps an official photo for the national fest.
There is an official photo of prince Albert taken at the moment of his enthronement, he sat on a armchair of the courtyard, princes of Monaco are allowed to sit on the throne only the day of their enthronement but there are no official photos on the throne only on an armechair.
There are official photos of the couple taken in the room 'salle des Glaces' the day of their wedding which are shown at the 'history of the wedding' at the ocean museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom