The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Everyone I know has their complaints like any people anywhere but are content overall and, looking at France and Italy, are quite grateful for the Princely Family for keeping them from being gobbled up by over-dramatic newspaper editors .

Old 07-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Litigious litigious and litigious.. Those steps leading into courtrooms are worn down from the wear and tear around and throughout this world..This is what I would do if I was in this situation . I would as Princess Charlene issue an official denial that any such thing ever happened..... since she apparently is being persecuted by such calumny and I would leave it at that.I would swear on an affidavit and have the palace publish it that there was no attempt to play Houdini.and escape....and I would not go after L'Express..giving them more attention.. to dignify them.........I would attempt every route to make peace without getting the law involved. and convoluted jmo....

Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think its more that they have denied it but it didn't stop there. The press, blogs even Forums are still talking about it many of which are refusing to accept the denial. Unless they prove it wasn't true by exposing the so called sources lied in a court IMO it will never stop even in the press. I know the die hard bashers won't stop, not believing it to be the truth if it is found to be false. But that is there problem.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Administrator

I agree LadyMac.

This story if not true basically overshadowed what should have been a happy occasion.
Every aspect of the wedding, the honeymoon, EVERYTHING has been dissected to a level that borders on ridiculous. The dates that Charlene is supposed to have tried to flee Monaco are like a moving target. And your right, if you don't like Albert and/or Charlene....even if its proven that she never attempted to flee....aren't going to believe it anyway.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I agree LadyMac.

This story if not true basically overshadowed what should have been a happy occasion.
Every aspect of the wedding, the honeymoon, EVERYTHING has been dissected to a level that borders on ridiculous. The dates that Charlene is supposed to have tried to flee Monaco are like a moving target. And your right, if you don't like Albert and/or Charlene....even if its proven that she never attempted to flee....aren't going to believe it anyway.
There is an upside to it if we find out it isn't true. Reputable forums and blogs won't be discussing it as they are now, only the fantasy world where fiction rules. It is an honest shame that someone like Charlene who everyone that has meet her says she is nice is called names. There is no doubt it was intentional to try and ruin their wedding. Even if it is found to be true that was pure evil to have done that.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
There is an upside to it if we find out it isn't true. Reputable forums and blogs won't be discussing it as they are now, only the fantasy world where fiction rules. It is an honest shame that someone like Charlene who everyone that has meet her says she is nice is called names. There is no doubt it was intentional to try and ruin their wedding. Even if it is found to be true that was pure evil to have done that.
Not everyone that has meet her has said she is nice. There are people that says she is nice, and other people that have met her and don't say nice things about her. You are taking what's better for you.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought PA was (allegedly) the "guilty party"....

So who is calling Charlene names, and what sort of names ??
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I thought PA was (allegedly) the "guilty party"....

So who is calling Charlene names, and what sort of names ??
I'm on my way out the door I will answer your question later.

Edited to add: I was talking about on Forums and blogs. This whole thing was one more thing they could find to say nasty things about Charlene and her need for attention, a PR stunt etc. Do I believe that? NO. Charlene has her faults just as Albert does and who doesn't but no way do I buy this was their doing.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Aristocracy

I think that this Eringer guy and his accomplices are responsible for a lot of these nasty rumours.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Nobility

I agree, and even if he didn't originate them, he's been key, I think, in spreading them. Heck, he could be the "source" and who would know since it has all been anonymous. Media who don't want to do their homework also take his claims at face value (at least they have in the past) about him being a 'Monaco insider' and former employee, even though, as far as I know, the Palace has always said there never was an "Intelligence Agency" and he was making the whole thing up for publicity. I would like to discount it, but considering how many times I've seen mainstream news outlets simply repeat something off a blog or a website (or wikipedia) I really can't. Some really are just that lazy and more interested in what looks "juicy" than in real facts.

BTW, I just read an interview with Prince Emanuele Filiberto (PA was best man at his wedding) and he says the rumors are nonsense. Princess Clotilde also added that Albert and Charlene are the "real deal", that she had talked to Princess Stephanie about it and that she said the same.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Majesty

I will be interested in the outcome of the court case because of the far-reaching effects of the gossip/slander. It not only cast a large cloud over their beautiful wedding, causing untold grief and heartache for them and their families but probably adversely affected the economics of the Principality.

Just think of that. A nasty little anti Grimaldi attack could have cost people their jobs, their security, their peace of mind with the lessening of tourism resulting from the "This is not a Love Match but a Marriage of Convenience" media assault. That certainly took the gilt off the gingerbread!

I am so sick of this PC media world where people think that "freedom of speech" is a God given right. These media conglomerates couldn't give tuppence for our rights, they just pull that rabbit out of the hat when they overstep the law! People need to be held to account for their actions and for the consequences of their actions. And if it bankrupts the media outlet? so much the better.

Rupert Murdoch showed just how much corporate media care for their employees when he closed NOTW with no notice. The fact that the large majority of said employees where not even involved or even employed when the illegal acts under investigation occurred was irrelevant!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Eringer isn't what one would call a "proper journalist", so we can safely ignore him.

Christophe Barbier (L'Express) is a different proposition altogether.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Eringer isn't what one would call a "proper journalist", so we can safely ignore him.

Christophe Barbier (L'Express) is a different proposition altogether.
With regard to Eringer and the L'Express article you have to take into account the fact the day before the article was published the information appeared on Eringers blog.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

A smoking gun LadyM? If that's the case I hope Eringner is sued for this also.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Eringer is nothing more than a blogger.

L'Express - Actualités Politique, Monde, Economie et Culture
The magazine was founded in 1953 during the war in Indochina.
It was modelled on TIME Magazine.

Look at Christophe's way of presenting the news:
L'Euro plus fort que le Dollar? - L'EXPRESS
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Eringer is nothing more than a blogger.

L'Express - Actualités Politique, Monde, Economie et Culture
The magazine was founded in 1953 during the war in Indochina.
It was modelled on TIME Magazine.

Look at Christophe's way of presenting the news:
L'Euro plus fort que le Dollar? - L'EXPRESS
I think you missed my point, maybe it was how I wrote it. It's clear with dated documentation the information about Charlene trying to run away appeared on Eringers Question and Answer section before LExpress published the article. Therefore, we have two options. One, a source posted it on Eringers and two, someone at LExpress posted it. The poster was somehow connected to the story.

A quote from LExpress on July 22.
Quote:
As for the persistent rumor of a supposed third illegitimate child that Prince Albert would have been when he was already engaged to Charlene, "there is evidence that this is wrong," said Michel Roger.
The part in pink I haven't heard the child was conceived when he was already engaged to Charlene. "There is evidence that this is wrong?" If one child was 3 months old and the other is 18 months when the article came out its obvious neither were conceived after the engagement. I didn't see any article saying they were during the engagement period. Have you?
Old 07-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

i dont believe she has tried to flee monaco: look at the facts and history of this relationship
several yrs in the making
its not like she had a bombing career to handle so he is a meal ticket(sorry for the wording )
plus she has had a lot of time to leave-why wait until a week or so before the wedding?
i think its a rumor and i do believe there are two camps in this family -again this is all my opinion

Quote:
The part in pink I haven't heard the child was conceived when he was already engaged to Charlene. "There is evidence that this is wrong?" If one child was 3 months old and the other is 18 months when the article came out its obvious neither were conceived after the engagement. I didn't see any article saying they were during the engagement period. Have you?
What!!!!! two possible children, i know everyone is different but im sorry there is no way on earth, no amount of money that would have made me marry him but again everyone is different
Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco's Princess Charlene is 'very happy'

"She and her bridesmaid were in SA on a game farm a week before the wedding. She could have stayed behind if she'd wanted to."

Divaasia.com
Old 07-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Serene Highness

i knw this theory of mine is just strange but i think someone would like to make her a victim in some sick way to make her more popular-imo just a theory
Old 07-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Nobility

I'm sure the Prince would love to sue Eringer (and that woman whose name I forget who recently wrote a book about Prince Albert threatened to sue him too after he slandered her with all sorts of vile name-calling) but as long as he stays in the United States there is not much anyone can do to him. The U.S. (and Eringer should thank George Bush for this) has always refused the right of foreign courts to prosecute American citizens. As far as the U.S. courts go the deck is stacked against the "celebrity" in this regard. You can completely trash someone on the internet and as long as they're not driven to suicide there's not really anything the law can do about it. And if anyone tried the ACLU would be all over them like ants on a snow cone. Eringer is also pretty good about dancing along the line of legality and so, for the most part, sticks to "allegations" and juvenile insults.

It is when mainstream media outlets pick up his insane tirades and run them as "legitimate" news that the trouble really starts.