The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
PA is too clever to enter into a fight with Eringer, especially at the moment when the latest rumours about his sex life haven't even been laid to rest.
When did Albert drop his suit in France against Eringer?
__________________

  #322  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,330
On a more sensible note. Does anyone know where they are on honeymoon?
__________________

  #323  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
On a more sensible note. Does anyone know where they are on honeymoon?
Not unless the press found them. Charlene didn't even know where they were going.
  #324  
Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Princess Robijn's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,912
The posts with the rumors about the so called cat fight between Princess Charlene and Princess Caroline have been removed since no credible source has been given.

Please refrain from posting rumors, since they aren't based on factual information obtained from reputable sources.

Let's get back to the topic of this thread, general news & information about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene.

Princess Robijn
Monaco Forum Moderator
  #325  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Nice-Matin claims that the couple have only just returned from their honeymoon, yesterday, at six o'clock in the morning, from Mozambique.
Apparently he has uttered a "cry of revolt" about the rumours.

They seem to have had a good time on honeymoon
Rumeurs à Monaco: Albert n'en peut plus | Nice-Matin
  #326  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 AM
assia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Goussainville, France
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Nice-Matin claims that the couple have only just returned from their honeymoon, yesterday, at six o'clock in the morning, from Mozambique.
Apparently he has uttered a "cry of revolt" about the rumours.

They seem to have had a good time on honeymoon
Rumeurs à Monaco: Albert n'en peut plus | Nice-Matin
I think the best Princess Charlene has to do, apart from providing a heir, is to take intensive French lessons in order to be able to interact with the media and her people in Monaco, this will help to better communication and perhaps if not stop but decrease the rumours.
  #327  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Yes, Assia, but she does not seem to have "got the message" regarding learning French.
As to the rumours, they will probably never disappear completely, and the "Monaco 2011 Wedding" will become a much-discussed, but little understood, page in the Annals of the Grimaldi Princes...

They'll get over it...
  #328  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:41 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Monaco's Prince Albert slams marriage 'rumours'

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco has summoned journalists to castigate them for publishing "rumours" about his new marriage to Princess Charlene, saying someone in Monaco wants to cause trouble.
"We want to express our indignation at these rumours," Albert, 53, told journalists from three local newspapers he called to the palace over stories about his marriage to South African Charlene Wittstock, 33.
AFP
  #329  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
If some medias (like l'Express) can prove what they stated, suing will be a very bad move. And I heard some facts which let me think the journalists working at l'Express can prove it. So wait and see, but it won't be a Caroline of Monaco-like case.
Why doesn't l'Express just prove it now? How would a suit be a "very bad move?" Either they prove it in court or they don't. If I were Albert and Charlene, I'd say "bring it on."
  #330  
Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
"We want to express our indignation at these rumours," Albert, 53, told journalists"
That's a very funny statement because it strikes me as obvious what it translates into in the real world:
"We can't sue because we can't afford the truth."
  #331  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
That's a very funny statement because it strikes me as obvious what it translates into in the real world:
"We can't sue because we can't afford the truth."
If they don't sue, that will indeed sound like a statement that a lot of things were true.

Kitty, I have already explained it: french journalists are not used giving every names and every details in this kind of articles. It is a matter of "protection of the sources". This way of acting allows to reveal scandals with putting the ones who displayed the proofs to the journalists in danger.
  #332  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 PM
smdouglas's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Paso Robles, United States
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
That's a very funny statement because it strikes me as obvious what it translates into in the real world:
"We can't sue because we can't afford the truth."
And it sounds like you are a very experienced French attorney plus a great detective that has handled cases like this many times.

The key in any court case is being able to prove your case. That takes evidence that is acceptable to the court. Whether the info is correct or not, the short term solution is to manage the fall out through PR means which is being done. If the info is completely untrue (as is being attested to in the prince and princess' statements) then evidence is being gathered that is acceptable to the French courts.

The longer term solution is to prove the Grimaldi's case in court. Only time will tell if acceptable (to the French courts) evidence exists.
  #333  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,563
Suing is the worst move, means full media glare on issues that are private/embarrassing/cannot easily be categorized as right or wrong.
I am sure that in general Albert will have some skeletons in the closet that will come up if he choses to take on the French media.
  #334  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
And it sounds like you are a very experienced French attorney plus a great detective that has handled cases like this many times.

The key in any court case is being able to prove your case. That takes evidence that is acceptable to the court. Whether the info is correct or not, the short term solution is to manage the fall out through PR means which is being done. If the info is completely untrue (as is being attested to in the prince and princess' statements) then evidence is being gathered that is acceptable to the French courts.

The longer term solution is to prove the Grimaldi's case in court. Only time will tell if acceptable (to the French courts) evidence exists.
It would not be the first time that someone intends with sue with words of indignation and then gives up when he realizes that the case will be a disaster for him. Many french politician have tried this when a paper was not favorable for them. And it is the way many political scandals are revealed.
  #335  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:57 PM
fortimo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,677
Albert & Charlène: Jetzt stellen sie sich den Gerüchten - BUNTE
  #336  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
I understand why Eringer is saying the things he is he has an axe to grind with Albert for firing him. He does not care about Monaco or its people or he wouldn't keep at it. He has no respect for anyone. What I can't understand is if you hate Albert and Charlene so much as individuals or as a couple why waste your energy following them? Why is it so important to make others who do like them see your view of what a fake marriage this is? People will laugh when its said they are jealous. What you don't realize to those watching you that is exactly how you come off. Albert married Charlene because he wanted to and she married him for the same reason. Get over it the bad press may do the opposite of the intention to cause trouble between them. They may come out stronger and stay together longer than any of the predictions and prove you are wrong.

What happened to supplying a translation when you posted an article? Google Translator

Article translated from post 338 directly above mine
  #337  
Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 858
Rumeurs à Monaco: Albert n'en peut plus | Nice-Matin

The Royal Correspondent | Daily news and gossip from the world of European royalty.

Albert/Charlene had a lovely honeymoon but he is FED-UP with all these stories. Who can blame him! I think the British Royal Family would have sued long ago. He must not let them (newspapers) think he is afraid of them. Albert needs to stand up and face this full-on.
  #338  
Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
I get several subscriptions like this the Monaco Times but not the Monaco Martin. Has anyone read this?
Quote:
According to Thierry Lacoste, the prince’s lawyer and close friend who is interviewed in today’s Monaco Matin, legal proceedings against L’Express will soon get underway in Paris or Nanterre.
It is my hope that the sources are found out the info is false and done for revenge. The DNA tests come back as negative as happened before.
  #339  
Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I get several subscriptions like this the Monaco Times but not the Monaco Martin. Has anyone read this? It is my hope that the sources are found out the info is false and done for revenge. The DNA tests come back as negative as happened before.
So, we will know. I have no hope but heard and read things which won't please if confirmed.
  #340  
Old 07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Stancia, do you have an Albert agenda of your own?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013 wbenson Current Events Archive 798 01-01-2014 02:40 PM
Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012 An Ard Ri Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 1489 07-24-2013 09:58 PM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 700 04-01-2013 06:31 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012 Marengo Current Events Archive 843 06-13-2012 05:55 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 15: January 2012 - March 2012 dazzling Archives 389 03-24-2012 12:55 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's fashion coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events denmark royal family duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander march 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine hats princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde's daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises