The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
PA is too clever to enter into a fight with Eringer, especially at the moment when the latest rumours about his sex life haven't even been laid to rest.
When did Albert drop his suit in France against Eringer?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

On a more sensible note. Does anyone know where they are on honeymoon?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
On a more sensible note. Does anyone know where they are on honeymoon?
Not unless the press found them. Charlene didn't even know where they were going.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

The posts with the rumors about the so called cat fight between Princess Charlene and Princess Caroline have been removed since no credible source has been given.

Please refrain from posting rumors, since they aren't based on factual information obtained from reputable sources.

Let's get back to the topic of this thread, general news & information about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene.

Princess Robijn
Monaco Forum Moderator
Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice-Matin claims that the couple have only just returned from their honeymoon, yesterday, at six o'clock in the morning, from Mozambique.
Apparently he has uttered a "cry of revolt" about the rumours.

They seem to have had a good time on honeymoon
Rumeurs à Monaco: Albert n'en peut plus | Nice-Matin
Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Nice-Matin claims that the couple have only just returned from their honeymoon, yesterday, at six o'clock in the morning, from Mozambique.
Apparently he has uttered a "cry of revolt" about the rumours.

They seem to have had a good time on honeymoon
I think the best Princess Charlene has to do, apart from providing a heir, is to take intensive French lessons in order to be able to interact with the media and her people in Monaco, this will help to better communication and perhaps if not stop but decrease the rumours.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Assia, but she does not seem to have "got the message" regarding learning French.
As to the rumours, they will probably never disappear completely, and the "Monaco 2011 Wedding" will become a much-discussed, but little understood, page in the Annals of the Grimaldi Princes...

They'll get over it...
Old 07-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco's Prince Albert slams marriage 'rumours'

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco has summoned journalists to castigate them for publishing "rumours" about his new marriage to Princess Charlene, saying someone in Monaco wants to cause trouble.
"We want to express our indignation at these rumours," Albert, 53, told journalists from three local newspapers he called to the palace over stories about his marriage to South African Charlene Wittstock, 33.
AFP
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
If some medias (like l'Express) can prove what they stated, suing will be a very bad move. And I heard some facts which let me think the journalists working at l'Express can prove it. So wait and see, but it won't be a Caroline of Monaco-like case.
Why doesn't l'Express just prove it now? How would a suit be a "very bad move?" Either they prove it in court or they don't. If I were Albert and Charlene, I'd say "bring it on."
Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
"We want to express our indignation at these rumours," Albert, 53, told journalists"
That's a very funny statement because it strikes me as obvious what it translates into in the real world:
"We can't sue because we can't afford the truth."
Old 07-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
That's a very funny statement because it strikes me as obvious what it translates into in the real world:
If they don't sue, that will indeed sound like a statement that a lot of things were true.

Kitty, I have already explained it: french journalists are not used giving every names and every details in this kind of articles. It is a matter of "protection of the sources". This way of acting allows to reveal scandals with putting the ones who displayed the proofs to the journalists in danger.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
And it sounds like you are a very experienced French attorney plus a great detective that has handled cases like this many times.

The key in any court case is being able to prove your case. That takes evidence that is acceptable to the court. Whether the info is correct or not, the short term solution is to manage the fall out through PR means which is being done. If the info is completely untrue (as is being attested to in the prince and princess' statements) then evidence is being gathered that is acceptable to the French courts.

The longer term solution is to prove the Grimaldi's case in court. Only time will tell if acceptable (to the French courts) evidence exists.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Suing is the worst move, means full media glare on issues that are private/embarrassing/cannot easily be categorized as right or wrong.
I am sure that in general Albert will have some skeletons in the closet that will come up if he choses to take on the French media.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
And it sounds like you are a very experienced French attorney plus a great detective that has handled cases like this many times.

The key in any court case is being able to prove your case. That takes evidence that is acceptable to the court. Whether the info is correct or not, the short term solution is to manage the fall out through PR means which is being done. If the info is completely untrue (as is being attested to in the prince and princess' statements) then evidence is being gathered that is acceptable to the French courts.

The longer term solution is to prove the Grimaldi's case in court. Only time will tell if acceptable (to the French courts) evidence exists.
It would not be the first time that someone intends with sue with words of indignation and then gives up when he realizes that the case will be a disaster for him. Many french politician have tried this when a paper was not favorable for them. And it is the way many political scandals are revealed.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

Albert & Charlène: Jetzt stellen sie sich den Gerüchten - BUNTE
Old 07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I understand why Eringer is saying the things he is he has an axe to grind with Albert for firing him. He does not care about Monaco or its people or he wouldn't keep at it. He has no respect for anyone. What I can't understand is if you hate Albert and Charlene so much as individuals or as a couple why waste your energy following them? Why is it so important to make others who do like them see your view of what a fake marriage this is? People will laugh when its said they are jealous. What you don't realize to those watching you that is exactly how you come off. Albert married Charlene because he wanted to and she married him for the same reason. Get over it the bad press may do the opposite of the intention to cause trouble between them. They may come out stronger and stay together longer than any of the predictions and prove you are wrong.

What happened to supplying a translation when you posted an article? Google Translator

Article translated from post 338 directly above mine
Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Courtier

The Royal Correspondent | Daily news and gossip from the world of European royalty.

Albert/Charlene had a lovely honeymoon but he is FED-UP with all these stories. Who can blame him! I think the British Royal Family would have sued long ago. He must not let them (newspapers) think he is afraid of them. Albert needs to stand up and face this full-on.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I get several subscriptions like this the Monaco Times but not the Monaco Martin. Has anyone read this?
Quote:
According to Thierry Lacoste, the prince’s lawyer and close friend who is interviewed in today’s Monaco Matin, legal proceedings against L’Express will soon get underway in Paris or Nanterre.
It is my hope that the sources are found out the info is false and done for revenge. The DNA tests come back as negative as happened before.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I get several subscriptions like this the Monaco Times but not the Monaco Martin. Has anyone read this? It is my hope that the sources are found out the info is false and done for revenge. The DNA tests come back as negative as happened before.
So, we will know. I have no hope but heard and read things which won't please if confirmed.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Stancia, do you have an Albert agenda of your own?

Closed Thread