General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having children out of wedlock is part of the human condition. Our frailty, if you will, personafied. These days, though, if a woman does not want to have a child, she does not have to have a child. Rarely is it the guy's fault. This is one area (outside of rape) where a woman has all the say.

As to the state of the matters of Monaco, there was so much hysteria in here yesterday. I got caught up in it and got a severe reprimand from the moderator. I consider myself a mature person, but yesterday, I got to the point where I wanted to slap faces.

I vow to keep my senses about myself. Apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Last edited:
So, where do we stand now in this "débâcle" ?? (Trust the french to have a word for that...)
The paternity suit(s) ...... holiday mayhem ...... and more...

It really would have been boring for Charlene if PA was in meetings all day and nite. She would have been better off just staying with her family a few days. Or maybe they went to the hotel with her. Of course the press would jump all over that too.

Please that off topic posts about the the world's trashiest royal families, the antics of Charles/Diana/Camilla, discussion about the agendas of Nicole and Tamara, as well as birth control pills --- its effectiveness, etc. have been deleted.

Let's get back on topic with General News and Information about Albert and Charlene (not everyone else).

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
This is what I don't understand. The palace said it was logistically better for Albert to stay at the Hilton, but why couldn't Charlene stay there too?

If he was in IOC meetings for those days, what was Charlene doing all that time?

Also, sitting in traffic is awful, but if I just got married, I'd rather sit in traffic (or rather have my DRIVER sit in traffic, while I chill in the back seat) and spend the night with my husband/wife, than skip the traffic and spend the time apart. That's just me, though.

Despite the revelations, the Palace insisted that the couple had now headed off on a 'secret' honeymoon, away from the inquisitive eyes of the world's media and sceptics

The media is inquisitive about everyone. And we wouldn't be so sceptical if this entire thing wasn't so shady!!!!

One should not forget that she is a South African that now has made Monaco her home. Probably for her it is nicer to be in a luxurious place by the sea than in a business hotel in a big city like Durban. It's not as if she is a tourist there with the wish to go out shopping and sightseeing. Especially with the media hounding her and her husband away on business appointments. I just imagine myself in similar cicumstances: when my husband would be on business in Munich, I'd prefer to stay in the mountains if I didn't live in Bavaria anymore....

I'm convinced the stress of the wedding plus these ugly rumours left their mark on Charlene. Probably there is still a bit of relationship stress with Albert, though I believe they are sincere about their marriage. I am convinced that luxurious resort by the sea has all spa amenities that Charlene could want including the chance that she is not approached their by media, fellow guests (often one and the same) or nosy staff. Maybe she has secretly even her mother stay with her (and the hotel is discreet about other guests).

All completely understandible, IMHO. They have been together for five years before marriage. This is no innocent Diana with dreams of becoming a princess in her eyes. This is a grown-up top athlete (and these people are known for their disciplin, willingness to make personal sacrifices for their aims and a certain aggression in pushing towards these aims), who knows exactly what she got on her wedding day and how her life with him will be. I'm convinced she loves him and he loves her, but they are both not innocents and they are both certainly not naive. Arranging these days to suit themselves rather than to act for the reports of the media and the judgment of the readers is something I guess we'll see more often in the future of these two.

Charlene has some sort of street wiseness around her, a cynical light sometimes in her eyes which can make for a very dry, dark humour, fascinating personality and a deep-ingrained wish for a happy family life. Albert surely is a cynic as well when it comes to most people but his interest in the environment, in mankind's well-being in general and in the sports especially shows that he is able to see people as individuals, as good ones as well as bad ones, and not only as part of masses he may even detest. He at least to me seems as well somebody who treasures the values of family (which seems to include the people of Monaco) and wishes for his own personal haven of family happiness. Both are well suited, IMHO, but they are not in the habit of catering to other people's expectation but only to their own.
I must say I kinda like it.

They are many years together, so I find not bad, that they didn't sleep together... They can make it in the future often... If I were Charlene, I would make also this. After a such busy time - wedding, parties, guests - maybe she needed a little bit relax. And this can you make better in this luxury hotel and not in a big city. They are not fresh lover anymore, maybe Albert wanted that Charlene makes a few days holidays only for her and her friends... We don't know...

It means that the Principality now allows Google to let people access aerial photography. Here's a sample...

The Principality of Monaco

I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to become despondent ...
Will they ever get their show together?
I hope and pray that they will...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to become despondent ...
Will they ever get their show together?
I hope and pray that they will...

I guess they simply don't bother with a show for us. Albert is a kind of absolute ruler in his little country, so does neither need cater to the media nor to his people, because they cannot vote to abolish his rule. So where is his reason and motive to be anything but honest? If he and Charlene don't want to read the papers, they simply tell their butler so. Both have staff to be informed about important events, even could give clear instructions to have certain news delivered as paper clippings,so are able to omit the press about themselves absolutely. If he and Charlene lead their life as they like it, who is to gainsay them?

Really: if Albert had been so keen on an heir and Charlene on being paid for that, why should he have married her before the kid was born? On marrying her he made himself vulnerable because he as a Catholic ruler cannot divorce her easily, if she doesn't bear him the required heir. For I don't think (the German pope, former boss of the inquisition) Benedikt XVI. would dissolve this marriage quite as easily as needed for a new marriage for Albert. OTOH according to the Monegasque constition Albert can legitimize his child on marrying the mother, even after the birth. While this would probably considered scandalous, I doubt it would bother him more than the chance that Charlene was eventually barren So IMHO it is save to reason that he married her because he wanted to do it and she said yes, because she wants to be his wife. And if there are kids, good for them, and if not, it's up to Caroline and her offspring.

Last edited:
Nobody, except his people, and the French Government.

I wouldn't say he's an absolute ruler; there are the Gouvernement, the Conseil National, the trades unions to contend with.

Nobody, except his people, and the French Government.

I wouldn't say he's an absolute ruler; there are the Gouvernement, the Conseil National, the trades unions to contend with.

The gouvernment is appointed according to the Prince's wishes. The Prince only shares his powers with the Conseil National, they cannot outvote him. Especially not when it comes to a change of the constitution. So to end his own reign and that of his family, his consent is needed and there is no way around it. Of course, he does not reign alone. But there is noone who can force him to abdicate or change the way Monaco is governed without his consent. Not the Monegasques, not France. So he can pretty much do as he pleases. :flowers:

Disagree. If the Monagasques don't want him he's gone a la Tunisia , Egypt, etc. They would go to a democracy. Probably not in their best interest currently. The Monagasquess live very nice lives and the marketing of the country is dependent on the royal family.

I don't wanna open a new thread but I just started a new social group, Princesss Charlene supports.

Disagree. If the Monagasques don't want him he's gone a la Tunisia , Egypt, etc. They would go to a democracy. Probably not in their best interest currently. The Monagasquess live very nice lives and the marketing of the country is dependent on the royal family.

This is part of Europe. Things like that don't happen in politically stable and economical healthy societies in Europe. Especially not in catholic countries. He is not a dictator, he is their souverain prince due to his ancestors' ability to care well for little Monaco. The risk of being snatched up by France and to have to share all their wordly goods with the French is too great to risk any kind of disruption of his rule, because they can't legally dispose him, they would have to use force and even then it is not clear how France would react. And France has enough military/police to imprison the whole population of Monaco if they so decide.

Any group of people who would depose a ruler because he does not give out enough personal information about himself and family would deserve to be overtaken. :ROFLMAO: No taxes, full employment, and I'm assuming a low crime rate, ..... that would be the stuff of a fairytale. I read the other day that Monaco's life expectancy is 90yrs. What other country can boast of these things? Become a republic and they would have the honor of having politicians, graft, taxes etc., etc. Would that be worth knowing where the Prince and Princess are going on their honeymoon or what their marital arrangement is ..... not for me .... :lol:

If he divorces, then he is free to marry another under common law.

not sure if i'm misundertanding you here but divorce doesn't exist in the catholic church. the marriage must be annulled by the church (civilannullements don't count in the church either) :flowers:

not sure if i'm misundertanding you here but divorce doesn't exist in the catholic church. the marriage must be annulled by the church (civilannullements don't count in the church either) :flowers:

A bit off topic but yes he can divorce and remarry in a civil ceremony. No it would not be recognized by the RC Church but their recognition is not legally required. Any children by the legal second civil marriage would have succession rights. It is always the civil marriage that is the required one, the Catholic marriage is more the icing on the cake.
Remember Carolines marriage to Stefano was a civil one as was her 3rd to Ernst August. The annullment of her 1st marriage did not come through until after Stefanos death, yet the children of the 2nd and 3rd marriages are in the line of succession in Monaco.

In Monaco, the heirs must be legitamate in the eyes of the Catholic church. The Casiraghis were not considered in line until PC's marriage to Junot was annulled by the church.

In Monaco, the heirs must be legitamate in the eyes of the Catholic church. The Casiraghis were not considered in line until PC's marriage to Junot was annulled by the church.

I recall Caroline was allowed to marry Stefano posthumously in order to legitimize the children. As the Roman Catholicism is the state religion of Monaco as written in their constiution, I guess children have to be born from a marriage which is recognized by the church in order to be legitimate. And really, it took so long to disolve Caroline's first marriage because the pope did not want to give a bad example to others. And I doubt it would be any faster for Albert, not with the current pope.

Any group of people who would depose a ruler because he does not give out enough personal information about himself and family would deserve to be overtaken. :ROFLMAO: No taxes, full employment, and I'm assuming a low crime rate, ..... that would be the stuff of a fairytale. I read the other day that Monaco's life expectancy is 90yrs. What other country can boast of these things? Become a republic and they would have the honor of having politicians, graft, taxes etc., etc. Would that be worth knowing where the Prince and Princess are going on their honeymoon or what their marital arrangement is ..... not for me .... :lol:
Monaco has the best life expectancy in the world. However, most people like yourself are incorrect in thinking Monaco doesn't have taxes.
ALBERT: Actually, our biggest source of revenue is our share of the French Added Value Tax, that's also applied in Monaco.

KING: Really?

ALBERT: So to say that there are no taxes in Monaco is not exactly true.

KING: So the visitor's paying it, right?

ALBERT: Well, no, but also ...

KING: Residents when they ...

ALBERT: Residents buy goods -- it's included in your price so you don't really notice it but it is -- so we -- it's there, and we share it with France and they give back to us what they agreed...
Larry King Live transcript.

I recall Caroline was allowed to marry Stefano posthumously in order to legitimize the children. As the Roman Catholicism is the state religion of Monaco as written in their constiution, I guess children have to be born from a marriage which is recognized by the church in order to be legitimate. And really, it took so long to disolve Caroline's first marriage because the pope did not want to give a bad example to others. And I doubt it would be any faster for Albert, not with the current pope.
I read it was partly because Junot was not willing to agree on the reason the marriage failed. Once he had a child of his own he did agree making his own legitimate in the eyes of the Church. Also Rainier held back his tithes which were up near a million per year.

Well Kataryn i doubt that a person can marry someone who's already dead. It doesn't make sense: where's the declaration of consent of the deade spouse? P. Caroline got the annulment of her first marrige in the summer of 1992. Pope Jonh Paul, however, anly declared ( and i underline the « Pope declared » ) her children legitimate only in the late winter of 1993. It wasn't a post-mortem marrige, it was a declaration from the highst religious authrity. Take a look:
Pope deems princess' offspring legitimate - Princess Caroline of Monaco | National Catholic Reporter | Find Articles at BNET

Pope deems princess' offspring legitimate - Princess Caroline of Monaco

Hope it works... Hope i was helpful ;););)

Please stay on topic of this thread! This is not a thread about Princess Caroline and her marriages! Thanks!

The second life of the wedding carpet...

It's handmade, 100 metres long, 2.75 metres wide, totally handmade, by more than 500 workers, in New Zealand.....

... and now it will be cut up and auctioned.

There will be three occasions at which the carpet pieces go under the hammer:

1) First at Frankfurt, as part of the Fashion for floors

2) New York, Rockefeller center, for the Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco

3) In Monaco at a special Gala evening.

The proceeds will be divided between the Fondation Prince Albert and the future Princess Charlene Foundation.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ce-albert-and-princess-charlene-31355-15.html

I'm certainly OK with that. It served it's purpose and now it is being recycled. Better than it being rolled up and going mildewy in some storage area. I hope they get a ton of money to pass along. It excites me that P.Charlene will have her own foundation!

I wonder when the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation will be launched, and what its purpose will be.

I had time to do some research to support my post the whole runaway bride, being held against her will thing I saw on Eringers blog before Lexpress come out with the story. First June 27, 2011 Eringer however, it was posted in the question and answer section. June 28, 2011 google translation. June 30, 2011 Eringer came out with the World Exclusive on the alleged mother of one of the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom