General News & Information for Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ughh why do they do this to her....she needs to be herself and she isnt grace.....stop molding her

let Princess Grace lay in peace, if she was there, she will be happy for her son like any mother does, Charlene does not look like Princess and will never be a second Princess Grace, she will be herself and those say That say Charlene is ugly, I do not know them but are they so pretty to say that nasties about Charlene, begin to look yourselves before saying critics on the other person. I look the other boards on other royal families, il is here so many nastis things.

There is a clear difference from being presented in a way that is reminiscent of Grace to actually looking like her. This is not an attack on Charlene or an attempt to diminish Grace's stature. These are merely comments/observations about the way this particular photo shoot has chosen to portray Charlene

My hope is that Charlene will be able to shrug off many of the criticisms heaped on her. I would not want her to end up like some of the female Consorts who become ill and depressed because of the huge emotional demands placed on them through their own people, as well as the media, and - sadly - ourselves who add a little to the overall pressure.

i wonder what she will give monaco when she becomes princess .....hopefully she wont let albert do all the work

If coffee shops and shoe stores are her idea of modernity I think she should let Albert to all the work. I had a pretty positive opinion of Charlene until this interview came out, and I still don't dislike her and I wish her nothing but the best -but my goodness I was disappointed for everyone by this. She just said so many things that you *don't* say in public and certainly not to an elitist society mag. For example, if after all this time she has only 2 real friends in Monaco I think that might say more about her than it does about them. Alot of royal brides have faved major difficulties (feuding family members, political tensions, religious bigotry etc) and you did not hear any of them mention their complaints in public. It is just something you don't do. After reading through it I wanted to ask her if she wanted any cheese with her whine.:doh:

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Charlene would be wise to copy Charlotte and PC. Let them take your picture and say as little as possible. Even PG had trouble with the press and she was very savy.

If coffee shops and shoe stores are her idea of modernity I think she should let Albert to all the work. I had a pretty positive opinion of Charlene until this interview came out, and I still don't dislike her and I wish her nothing but the best -but my goodness I was disappointed for everyone by this. She just said so many things that you *don't* say in public and certainly not to an elitist society mag. For example, if after all this time she has only 2 real friends in Monaco I think that might say more about her than it does about them. Alot of royal brides have faved major difficulties (feuding family members, political tensions, religious bigotry etc) and you did not hear any of them mention their complaints in public. It is just something you don't do. After reading through it I wanted to ask her if she wanted any cheese with her whine.:doh:

100 agree!:)

What I find difficult to understand is why Albert or his press agency is allowing these kind of remarks to make it into print. Surely everyone wants Charlene to get off to a good start in Monaco, so why aren't they making a greater effort to protect her from these potential gaffs?

What I find difficult to understand is why Albert or his press agency is allowing these kind of remarks to make it into print. Surely everyone wants Charlene to get off to a good start in Monaco, so why aren't they making a greater effort to protect her from these potential gaffs?
Thanks for that bit of wisdom Elly C
Certainly makes one wonder indeed.....

Is there any way that can be done? Protect her from herself? From speaking?

The important thing is not that this was printed but that this is the way she thinks.

I doubt they can censor something once it has been said, but you would think they would have someone with her to smooth things over.

I blame it mostly on her "South African humour".....but, joking aside, CW may find that life as a "loose cannon" will not be comfortable. It's not enough to have learnt how to make a curtsey. Getting along with people is needed, as is a modicum of good sense, knowing when to keep one's mouth shut, and much more...

Here in the US, every chic, elegant First Lady or potential First Lady is "the new Jackie Kennedy!"...in Britain every hot new princess is "the new Diana!"

And in much of Europe they are trying to tout Charlene as "the new Grace!"

My point is that it is boring and silly. There is not and will NEVER be another Jacqueline Kennedy, Diana Spencer, or Grace Kelly. There doesn't need to be...they were remarkable women unique to their time on the historical stage. They cannot be replaced...time to move on!! :bang:

My personal observation regarding CW prior to her entrance on the Monaco stage is that she was almost a DEAD RINGER for the late Linda Eastman McCartney...former Beatle Paul McCartney's first wife...same nose, same mouth, bone structure and coloring...it's uncanny IMO. :ohmy:

Google her and see what I mean.

Moonmaiden, I like your post.....

I, too, get tired of hearing/reading that someone is "the NEW somebody".

It's a pity that people no longer consult the Greek philosophers who came up with the phrase: There is nothing new under the sun.

Checking out some of the French coverage of National Day, I noticed that CW has already been elevated to Première Dame by the press.....although there are eight months to go before she can assume her title.

alright folks the universe is out of sync:my boss willingly pay me w/o a reminder, im loosing weight and cw is consider classy .....hmmmmm well she should try to remake herself after grace cause she has no accomplishments out side of her engagment to prince albert. what did she do before, didnt own a business, not know for her swimming career......cmon folks think
what interview did she have that turn out bad (or should we say it shows us her true nature)she has had a lot of time to improve her mind, make friends and learn a new language but has she? from what i have heard about this interview, it sounds like she is shopping and sitting on the couch eating bonbons...just my thought im off to c about will n kates wedding........ i love weddings :)

Well, which would you prefer, Semisquare ? Do you think she should "try to remake herself after Grace"? Which is her true nature, in your opinion?

How do we know she is shopping/sitting on couch/eating sweets?
For all we know, she might be getting a bit more serious about her future role.
Rather than making a bid for the Monaco Starbucks, she might learn a bit more French - you never know...

hi renata i hope ur day was very nice i just got some free time & after my comments im off to bed......yyyeeeaaahhhhh
but to ans your questions i have to ask you questions;
1. did she hold her interview in french and the excuse of messing up the language doesnt work with me cause i have and the french people i've met were very kind about my affords
2.have u seen her with a book?
3. has she engaged in any charity work without prince albert
i guess shes not eating bonbons but has she improve in anyway? if so pls enlighten me
at least the others non royals who married royals had jobs.......yup i went there..... they had a 40 hrs work week
if im wrong i'll admit it im not a man who normally have egos and i have not problems saying or should i say typing i am wrong....u provide me with proof that she has improve and i'll say "i am wrong about her" nite nite to alll

the other part of your statement is she should remake herself like princess grace....i dont think shes can but she can try....she doesnt have a style.....if anything could some1 tell her simple is better and less is more and cucumbers do wonders for the eyes...im just being honest

Semisquare, the only instance I remember of Charlene's charitable efforts was when she attended a Ladies Lunch. Other posters might know of other such occasions...

Charlene is involved with at least 2 charities. One is the Nelson Mandela foundation. The other was some kind of sports foundation; something along the lines of peace thru sports.

Off topic, the major problem for Charlene and Kate Middleton is that both are marrying sons who had icons for mothers. The press, from now until eternity will be comparing them to Grace and Diana unless both young women become very strong and defined in their Royal positions and forge their own paths different from Grace and Diana, earning the respect from the press as their own women.:flowers:

That should be easy for Kate Middleton, with the amount of protection and training she will enjoy.

Whether the same applies to Charlene, one can only hope.
She is coming to Monaco from a different culture and continent, and the expectation will be that she will become fluent in French. And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Off topic, the major problem for Charlene and Kate Middleton is that both are marrying sons who had icons for mothers. The press, from now until eternity will be comparing them to Grace and Diana unless both young women become very strong and defined in their Royal positions and forge their own paths different from Grace and Diana, earning the respect from the press as their own women.:flowers:

I totally agree with you, Katrianna....and wish both future princesses well in their endeavours as wives of very popular and public princes of the realm and may they be strong in finding their own path being married to royalty.:rose2:

i also think kate has an advantage she has had time to develop her own style, self id and a career
im sure both have been coach by their soon to be husbands but charlene seems to rely on the title for her self confidence whereas kate has that self-confidence to work with the title
i base my thoughts on a pics of charlene & kate before and after the wedding announcements and kate still looks the same whereas charlene now has an air of superiority in her new pics....imho

French Wikipedia mentions Charlene boyfriends:
Charlene Wittstock - Wikipédia
So, CW dated a few athletes before she dated Albert.
Here is facebook of one of CW's ex-boyfriends, a rugby player Andre Snyman
Andre Snyman Appreciation Society | Facebook

Media don't write so far about Charlene's past, but they may just before wedding. This is what they do to increase sale, the royal fiance past relationships will sell the best just before wedding.:whistling:

i also think kate has an advantage she has had time to develop her own style, self id and a career
im sure both have been coach by their soon to be husbands but charlene seems to rely on the title for her self confidence whereas kate has that self-confidence to work with the title
i base my thoughts on a pics of charlene & kate before and after the wedding announcements and kate still looks the same whereas charlene now has an air of superiority in her new pics....imho

Rather than basing that opinion on pictures you could reach pretty much the same conclusion by looking at some facts -Kate and William split up and it was William that came crawling back. Kate definitely has some pull and should have some considerable self-confidence as a result of that experience.

However, if Charlene places more importance on the title (and I say *if*) it is arguably a more important title than the one Kate will be getting. Now, I know that the Brits are the royals to most people but consider a few facts. Kate is marrying the heir to the heir to the throne; Charlene is marrying a reigning monarch. Kate is marrying into a constitutional monarchy with very strict protocal, huge public scrutiny, a very regulated life and no real power or role in government. Charlene is marrying a monarch who has the last word on everything that goes on in his country, who is free to do as he pleases, make his own decisions, has a great deal more privacy (I know that sounds odd but I'm thinking mostly of finances etc) and Charlene will be able to do as much or as little as she likes. There was also a greater expectation on William to marry and eventually have children whereas I think most had sort of given up on Albert ever taking the plunge. The Grimaldis may not have the imperial splendor and prestige of the Windsors but they definitely have more power, independence and freedom.

By entering into this comparison, we are not com[paring like with like.

Of course PA has sovereignty and a degree of power which he has to share with the government and the trade unions. But being in charge of a dwarf state can hardly be compared with one of the leading nations in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom