The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
ewww Charlene is hanging out with Victoria silvsteadt i dunno if they are friends or not or if she just posed with her..but seriously Charlene ...victoria silvsteadt ??

Twitter
Victoria is one of Albert's friends and is a regular in attendance at events in Monaco.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace chic View Post
There are very few people on this earth who i do not wish happieness to. Of course I wish Charlene and Albert happieness but I am also aloud to say that I find it difficult to warm to her she is going into a life where she will be judged on everything from her style (which I like) to her personality.
From the interviews I've seen I find her frosty and defensive. These are just my thought but that is what this forum is for. Having said that although those are not the qualities I would look for a Princess perhaps they the perfect qualitis for Alberts wife. The Prince seem very gentle, he is said to be the most like his mother, perhaps having someone strong like Charlene will help balance the relationship. I remember an interview with Princess Caroline where she spoke about how kind Albert was and she worried about people taking advantage of that. Charlene is not someone who will be walked over so perhaps it works for them.

Thank you for your thoughts, and especially the part I highlighted in bold.

It is as I have always thought, Albert is a kind and gentle man, just like my late father, which is the reason I've always liked Albert. His kindness, generosity, affability, etc. attract me like a moth to a flame, as I'm sure it did Charlene as well. He & Prince Andrew have always been my favorites.

And if Charlene is as strong and feisty as has been mentioned, this can only be a (+) to balance out the two, as the old adage states "opposites attract". :) He needs somebody strong like Princess Caroline, and not only him, but the monarchy does as well. Weak women need not apply.

Here's to these two defying the odds and marrying for life!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Aristocracy

I saw an interesting aticle in Paris Match this week. Michael Wittstock gave an interview to the reporters of this magazine. Can anybody translate it because I don't understand French. He describes Charlene's personality, childhood and swimming carrer. The article includes a few pics of CW as a child.
You can watch this column on the Charlene Wittstock Official Facebook .
Old 06-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Nobility

another article in the NY MAGAZINE this time. I dont know if this one has been posted, so sorry if it has been the case. Have a nice day everyone...

Charlene Wittstock Will Surely Look Hot at Her ‘Other’ Royal Wedding, But the Times Says She Might Actually Be Completely Miserable -- The Cut
Old 06-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

****Liza Minelli is after Albert ****

"Monaco, c'est comme revenir à la maison"

She's coming "home" ..... but not for the wedding. But, as part of her "Tournée d'été", she's calling in at Monaco and its Salle des étoiles on August the second and third.

"Le prince Albert ? Un homme super ! ... I have known him from when he was little, and he has visited me several times in New York. Just like his mother, the Princess Grace, whom I have liked all her life.

Liza Minnelli : « Monaco, c'est comme revenir à la maison » | monacomatin.com
Old 06-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Monaco royal wedding: Prince Albert takes Charlene Wittstock on walkabout | Mail Online

Please let this NOT be true!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

It's not looking good. You know PC would file a lawsuit immediately if it were false.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Nobility

I hope it isn't true also. Do we really believe everything we read in the press ? Why is there always someone out to destroy someone elses happiness ???
Old 06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Courtier

ITN NEWS REPORT FROM LONDON

I thought Charlene looked very composed in this picture of her leaving church.

Rumours over Monaco wedding denied - HOME - ITN.co.uk
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it is true, but Albert likes/liked the ladies.There was a German woman who accused Albert of fathering her child (his 3rd) and the claim was squashed by DNA results. I can't find a source for this, so it may or may not be true. It would make sense, though, as DNA results were required by the Prince for the other two children, which he subsequently recognized as being his.

Albert has had a very long bachelorhood, with many, many girlfriends. He may have more children. If he does, I'm sure he has told Charlene, as I don't see him trying to hide anything from her. That would be foolish.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Courtier

At the end of the day truth will out. In other words, if Albert has nothing to worry about he has nothing to worry about. If he does, it will all come out very quickly, Charlene could walk out at any time. I hope he has sat her down and reassured her she has nothing to worry about.

Why he has dropped the lawsuit I have no idea. I would have pressed ahead with it.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree.

Evidentally, the publication agreed to retract the article. There's still plenty of time for a lawsuit...now wouldn't be a good time.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Courtier

But according to the Daily Mail, they are (this newspaper) standing by their story and it is still on their website ---- now that Albert has dropped the lawsuit?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
But according to the Daily Mail, they are (this newspaper) standing by their story and it is still on their website ---- now that Albert has dropped the lawsuit?
A law-suit would be double-edged. L'Express would have to prove the story is true, and if it is true, it may not be in Albert II's interest to have the whole story explained with many details in the court.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Despite the official denial from Prince Albert's lawyer, the article from 'L'Express' will remain online.
In his blog, the editor in chief of the (serious) newspaper, Renaud Revel, confirms the authenticity of the information included in the story and makes a few interesting comments about the commercial reasons behind the general media's decision not to cover the story until after the wedding.
Link (in Google Translate):
Google Translate
Old 06-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

How convenient for the media. I hope when the honeymoon is over, he sues their pants off.

Albert has not shirked his responsibilities with his two known children. If there are more out there, and there may or may not be, he will take care of them as well. I believe both children are the result of women who thought they would get more than support for their children.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Despite the official denial from Prince Albert's lawyer, the article from 'L'Express' will remain online.
In his blog, the editor in chief of the (serious) newspaper, Renaud Revel, confirms the authenticity of the information included in the story and makes a few interesting comments about the commercial reasons behind the general media's decision not to cover the story until after the wedding.
Link (in Google Translate):
Google Translate
Here is the link for the posters who read french: TF1 et France 2 dans le piège monégasque | Immédias - Lexpress

It is a very interesting approach of the wedding.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
How convenient for the media. I hope when the honeymoon is over, he sues their pants off.
I'm afraid you might have misunderstood, as you perhaps did not take the time to read the editor's article.
The convenience prioritized by the larger part of the media is from his point of view entirely based on commercial considerations.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

I think the problem here is not so much another child as it is pregnancy apparently which would mean that his "tryst" took place after he was engaged to Charlene ... correct????
Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Albert must have told Charlene something about this story and she is prepared to weather the storm ---- if there is one! She can walk away if she chooses. She has chosen not to!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene