General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 3: May 2015 -December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of speculative posts concerning the state of the couple's marriage have been removed. Thank you for your understanding.

[...] I think Albert looks stupid standing in that group picture on his own whilst everyone else is beside their husband or wife. [...]

Prince Albert II of Monaco was alone
Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands was alone
Queen Margrethe of Denmark was alone

^^^ How do you then explain the fact that PCharlene will become Regent should P Albert pass away before P Jacques is ready to rule?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

That is in name. It is not exactly that the autobusses are riding, that water is flowing out of the cranes, that the police is surveilling the streets or that the Monaco Port Authority is controlling because the palais princier orders them to do so. Daily life goes on, administered by the Government and it's machinery of state, rubberstamped by the Prince Sovereign (or when he is minor) by the Regent(ess).

Even in "home affairs" the Regent(ess) is not almighty as a Council of Guardians will look after the interests of the minor Prince Sovereign. For an example: Charlène can not sell the Grimaldi assets: the Council will veto it, as this directly will hit the properties of the minor Prince. Charlène can not take the minor Prince out of the country to raise him in South-Africa or so. The Council will veto it, as they want to see the Prince Sovereign in Monaco indeed. Charlène can not decide to place the Prince on an English-language school without French. The Council will veto it as they will feel that a proper knowledge of French is of major importance. Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert II of Monaco was alone
Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands was alone
Queen Margrethe of Denmark was alone

My point is that he didn't have to be, these ladies don't have any choice as one husband has retired from public life and the other is dead.

And MY point, Duc et Pair, is that P Charlene will not disappear from Monaco as another poster suggested. I am perfectly aware that her role will not be that of a full Regent...

She will be Regentess. Or not. Half-regent is not possible. But there is no any monarchy where the Regent(ess) has carte blanche. Jacques will become a Child of State and that is the supreme authority.

the twins are two little munchkins and it is always a pleasure to see them! Charlene staying again in Corsica not so much...

the twins are two little munchkins and it is always a pleasure to see them! Charlene staying again in Corsica not so much...

Yeah, I hope she was only in Corsica for a short holiday and isn't actually living there as reported. Is there any proof that she is living there or is it just gossip?

Yeah, I hope she was only in Corsica for a short holiday and isn't actually living there as reported. Is there any proof that she is living there or is it just gossip?

A holiday from what? She barely does anything.

A holiday from what? She barely does anything.

Your right there. I think her only engagement in April was at the tennis final and I don't think she did anything in March outwith watching the Good Friday procession on the Palace balcony. That's a very poor show for someone in her position.

Last edited:
Yes its a very poor show. Charlene should at least do the high profile events where she is expected at Alberts side (CG birthday, Rose Ball).

And I am having a laugh when I read that because she has twins, there is no time for business. Whenever Charlene is 'on holiday' there is plenty of staff around who take care of the twins, same thing in the recent pictures from Corsia, Charlene sitting nomewhere nearby with nannys doing the work with the kids.

Say me what were the high profile events that Charlene missed?
the bal de la rose and the birthday of CG !
She was not present to the very bling bling event as the bal de la Rose and the festivities of CG, but she met with Albert the pape last january, less glamour than the birthday of CG but more important for the monegash people, she was also present to the Sainte Devote fests, the religious procession which are also very important for the people of Monaco
She was also present to other events around of her foundation and she visited the refugees at Vintimille and so..

The consulat of the principauty at USA announced that she will be present at Los Angeles for the setting of her foundation on may 11 and on may 12, there will be a lunch where she will receive an award for her work with the foundation. I think it will be a big event

With May, there will be a lot of events with the Grand Prix and Charlene is always near Albert at the events around the Grand Prix ( visit to the handicaped persons and a big cocktail at the palace with the very important persons of Monaco. there will be the religious procession of the Fete Dieu which is very important for the monegash people.

Charlene will be the president of the honor comittee for the selection of rugby 7 for Rio which will take place on june 18th and 19th

I hope it will never happen but Albert did an ordonnance saying that in case of the death of the prince sovereign , Charlene would be the regent if Jacques would not be 18 years old. of Course, Charlene would not rule as head of state but she would rule in the name of her child .

I fully agree with melina premiere. For goodness sake stop speculating about Charlene's marriage. Anyone who has children know very well that every moment spent with them, especially when they are very young, is something very, very precious and will never ever be repeated. So she is enjoying every second that she can with them. If you saw some of the photos taken during the tennis tournament they show a couple clearly in love.

I too agree that they are a couple clearly in love. And she does seem to attend the really important events in Monaco. So it must be by mutual agreement that she spends more time with the twins than attending events. P Albert also said before they were married that his wife would not be required to fulfill a traditional role in Monaco. It is easy to speculate and think the worst and of course there are also events that are not covered by the media. Maybe it will be interesting to know how the Monegasque people feel about their Princess not attending so many events?

Say me what were the high profile events that Charlene missed?
the bal de la rose and the birthday of CG !
She was not present to the very bling bling event as the bal de la Rose and the festivities of CG, but she met with Albert the pape last january, less glamour than the birthday of CG but more important for the monegash people, she was also present to the Sainte Devote fests, the religious procession which are also very important for the people of Monaco
She was also present to other events around of her foundation and she visited the refugees at Vintimille and so..

The consulat of the principauty at USA announced that she will be present at Los Angeles for the setting of her foundation on may 11 and on may 12, there will be a lunch where she will receive an award for her work with the foundation. I think it will be a big event

With May, there will be a lot of events with the Grand Prix and Charlene is always near Albert at the events around the Grand Prix ( visit to the handicaped persons and a big cocktail at the palace with the very important persons of Monaco. there will be the religious procession of the Fete Dieu which is very important for the monegash people.

Charlene will be the president of the honor comittee for the selection of rugby 7 for Rio which will take place on june 18th and 19th

I hope it will never happen but Albert did an ordonnance saying that in case of the death of the prince sovereign , Charlene would be the regent if Jacques would not be 18 years old. of Course, Charlene would not rule as head of state but she would rule in the name of her child .

Say what you like - she barely shows her face at anything.

She has missed two fairly major events that her late mother-in-law wouldn't have dreamed of missing.

You claim the things she has attended are more important to the people of Monaco - how do you know that?

No speculation about their marriage just a different approach to public life from that we (onlookers) are used to in royal families.

I have no doubt that the way things are suit her and Albert just fine, but it is a bizarre way of being Princess Consort.

Last edited:
Say what you like - she barely shows her face at anything.

She has missed two fairly major events that her late mother-in-law wouldn't have dreamed of missing.

You claim the things she has attended are more important to the people of Monaco - how do you know that?

No speculation about their marriage just a different approach to public life from that we (onlookers) are used to in royal families.

I have no doubt that the way things are suit her and Albert just fine, but it is a bizarre way of being Princess Consort.

Agree with you Florestane!

Agree with you Florestane!

I agree too. You don't become the wife of a Sovereign Prince, a role which has certain commitments, and then decide that you want to be a stay at home Mum. She said she would raise her children knowing that they would have duties and responsibilities so she knows what the role entails.

I, too, am very disappointed in PC -- especially since I am a big fan of hers. She has all the resources to her disposal to be able to perfectly juggle between her roles of official consort and being a mother. Yet, she is absent from PA's side when it's a given that she should be there. Their relationship appears to be as strong as ever, but her lack of duty is very concerning. Poor show, really. No excuses. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I, too, am very disappointed in PC -- especially since I am a big fan of hers. She has all the resources to her disposal to be able to perfectly juggle between her roles of official consort and being a mother. Yet, she is absent from PA's side when it's a given that she should be there. Their relationship appears to be as strong as ever, but her lack of duty is very concerning. Poor show, really. No excuses. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It does seem strange I hoped for a happy marriage etc after the whole pre wedding thing. Something doesn't seem right. Hope she is well and happy and there is no cause for concern

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Right now, Charlene's world is her kids. I'm sure she'll be back on duty soon.

I remember reading (on this forum) - years ago - that PA said that his marriage to Charlene wouldn't be the normal prince-princess marriage. That his wife would be able to participate or not in his activities as prince as she chooses.

Frankly, that seems much more liberating than the normal "royal" marriage. If that is indeed the case, then I say "Hurrah" for Albert and Charlene. It's not necessary to please everyone else - just those in the relationship.

:previous:

I remember that interview as well. And although I would also like to see Charlene in the line of duty much more often, I totally agree with what you said: as long as they are fine with it, all is at best.

Why is it not possible to critizise Charlene's absence without being accused of badmouthing their marriage? I think that their marriage is fine but that doesn't make Charlene's no shows acceptable when it comes to duty befitting her position.

I understand she wants to be with her children what is fine - I only find it funny that on each picture out and about there is an army of nannies attending the twins.

I honestly think that the twins are an excuse - you can very well be around for your children AND do your duty in Monaco - that is limited anyway compared to other royal mothers, and that Charlene is not fond of the duty and working part of her position. I don't think Albert worries too much, he wants his wife happy and he's pleased that the heir problem has been sufficiently taken care of.

But in my opinion, Charlene is simply lazy regarding her duties and language efforts, her position is somewhere further down when it comes to what is important in her life.

Last edited:
Why is it not possible to critizise Charlene's absence without being accused of badmouthing their marriage? I think that their marriage is fine but that doesn't make Charlene's no shows acceptable when it comes do duty befitting her position.

I understand she wants to be with her children what is fine - I only find it funny that on each picture out and about there is an army of nannies attending the twins.

I honestly think that the twins are an excuse - you can very well be around for your children AND do your duty in Monaco - that is limited anyway compared to other royal mothers, and that Charlene is not fond of the duty and working part of her position. I don't think Albert worries too much, he wants his wife happy and he's pleased that the heir problem has been sufficiently taken care of.

But in my opinion, Charlene is simply lazy regarding her duties and language efforts, her position is somewhere further down when it comes to what is important in her life.

Totally agree.

I remember reading (on this forum) - years ago - that PA said that his marriage to Charlene wouldn't be the normal prince-princess marriage. That his wife would be able to participate or not in his activities as prince as she chooses.

Frankly, that seems much more liberating than the normal "royal" marriage. If that is indeed the case, then I say "Hurrah" for Albert and Charlene. It's not necessary to please everyone else - just those in the relationship.

Imo that's exactly how they are living their life, not surprisingly imo, it seems to me that what happens in the Monaco RF doesn't happen without P.Albert approving :flowers:
It seems to me that P.Albert runs Monaco like a CEO of a big company and most of his outings are more or less business trips (even the ones that we consider Royal Visits, because these can also be viewed as "business networking".
Wives/husbands of CEO's rarely attend business related activities, maybe only company outings, and these are exactly the events that P.Charlene does attend (like National day, the precise name escapes me for the moment)

I too would have liked to see more of P.Charlene with tiara's, photo-opps etc, but I don't think it will happen, maybe only attending an event when it benefits both their businesses

Last edited:
Why is it not possible to critizise Charlene's absence without being accused of badmouthing their marriage? I think that their marriage is fine but that doesn't make Charlene's no shows acceptable when it comes to duty befitting her position.

I couldn't have said it better DOM. I completely agree.

I don't think there is a proof, but if my memory doesn't fail me, she hs been seen pretty often in Corsica, and it was reported that she had been living there for a while for a while...:whistling:

I don't think there is a proof, but if my memory doesn't fail me, she hs been seen pretty often in Corsica, and it was reported that she had been living there for a while for a while...:whistling:

Yes, according to reports the palais princier is undergoing major renovations so that the princess and her children are living in la Corse, far away from wagging tongues and concrete dust:flowers:

The family lived in Roc Agel during the rénovations of the place , Princess was in Corsica during the easter holidays as were doing a lot of families in France. She stayed one week in Corsica. now she is at Monaco where she attended the mass with the children and Albert last sunday at Saint Charles
My sister who is married to a resident saw them as a lot of monagash people

Yes, according to reports the palais princier is undergoing major renovations so that the princess and her children are living in la Corse, far away from wagging tongues and concrete dust:flowers:

I wonder how long these renovations are going to last... I also can't help wondering if there weren't other homes for Charlene and her twins to stay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom