General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. In any event I thought Charlene did attend the actual, legal, wedding. It was only the much later religious service she didn't attend. How many wedding ceremonies for the same couple can a person reasonably be expected to attend?

The maximum was two, so it was never possible to attend more than that! :) - Whilst there is no necessity to attend anything at all, I think two would have been perfectly reasonable.

^^ Two seems excessive to me, especially when held so far apart. However, if people wanted to go to both and it suited them, fine, but since Charlene went to one and had something else on that clashed with the second one, I don't think she should be criticised for not going to the second one.

RedTulip here is the video on the celebration of the pere Penzo

JT Monaco Info du lundi 23 décembre 2013 / Videos / Monaco Info : Le Replay / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

it begins at 1.00 in the video. It speaks about the celebration of the 60 years as priest and 40 years as priest of the princely family.

There are very often ceremonies like that where there are no photos but it is noticed in the news of Monaco. I always use to say, how can somebody living at 12h of flight of Monaco juge how Charlene is doing her duty, they have not all the news. living near monaco and having many relatives living or working in monaco, I can know what are the duties of all the members of the family are doing. Iceflower publishs all she finds on the web but she does not find all. She does a good job.

redtulip, look the princess grace gala event of 2013 on royal forum you will see that Charlene was alone at this gala Albert had a lot of events and Caroline was not with her nor her children. princess grace was her mother and grandmother , It was their duty to attend this event. Charlene is only her daughter in law. Some days after this gala , it was announced that Princess Charlene is member of the princess grace Fondation.
Princess charlene as Princess Stéphanie and also the cousins De Massy attended the civil wedding at Monaco last summer.
The religious wedding of Andrea was a family event far away of Monaco with no photographs no photos. Charlene had duties in Monaco, she arrended theses 2 duties and she was right.

It is like the travel of the princely couple this last two days where there were no photos of charlene. Hopefully, there is a photo of the couple taken by the ambassador of monaco at USa who shows that princess charlene attended the world oceans summit and which is on twitter.

I published it on the other board of RF.

Melina, thank you VERY MUCH for posting the video! :flowers: - But I think Charlene and Albert are there with the 60th celebration; they are sitting in the front row. Perhaps there was another function afterwards?

Grace awards; yes, had it been my mother, I probably would have wanted to be there every year. I can only assume her children think differently, but I don't know.

The maximum was two, so it was never possible to attend more than that! :) - Whilst there is no necessity to attend anything at all, I think two would have been perfectly reasonable.

To be accurate, she attended 3 wedding events out of 5.

Andrea an Tatiana got married civilly in the palace, then they threw a wedding dinner in the sporting club, Char attended both. Then, she attended the pre-religious-wedding fondue party in Switzerland. She only missed the religious ceremony and the brunch the next day!

I was only discussing the number of wedding ceremonies, not the number of fun things associated with weddings.

Tiggersk8, you wrotte that Princess Charlene had to stay with Albert at the olympics games , Charlene arrived with Albert just before the beginning of the games, she attended the opening ceremony of the olympic games, she met with Albert the monegash team on the saturday evening ( there were no photos on newscom or other but there was an article with photo of the couple and the team of bobsleight on monaco matin) and she attended in a day a skiing event and a soccer at monaco , she supported two teams ( skiing and football team) .

What would you she do and what Bunte would she do? She is not a member of the CIO as Albert, she cannot give the medals and she cannot inaugurat or attending the meetings of members of CIO during these games). one thing that what asked to her was to support the team of athletes, she did it in beeing present at the opening of the games or meeting the athletes the day after. She returned to monaco with Albert and stay in monaco, last week she went to Saint Barth and offered to the community of the anglican church the life equipment for the arm children as she promized last year. Some of royals couple came to Sotchi; how long did they stay? 2 or 3 days and they returned to their country like Charlene did it. And some heir princes came without their wife to these games.

princess Charlene is very activ in monaco, some posters never read what she is doing but they only came when there are some bad rumors and critized.

Charlene during these last months attended many official visits with prince Albert, attended alone the Princess Grace gala, attended the meeting about the authism with other wifes of presidents at NY, attended many events like the peace and sport forum, attended many mass in tribute of Pere Penzo and Mandela. attended the gala of Monaa she is the president, inaugutated nursery and new shops in monaco, represented princely family at Johannesbourg at the memory ceremony for Mandela, gave giftes to chidren and elders during the fests of Christmas met pupils at college, was present at the swimming event for Children opened a nobu, attended an event at Saint Agnés, attended the festival of circus , Sainte devote fests, attended the presentation of olympic team and so...
In 2013, she made come a defile of Dior on the port Hercules, she visited the pupils of all the colleges in september and so.. and yesterday, she attended with prince Albert the world oceans summit. and there will be a lot of events where she will be present in march

^^ Two seems excessive to me, especially when held so far apart. However, if people wanted to go to both and it suited them, fine, but since Charlene went to one and had something else on that clashed with the second one, I don't think she should be criticised for not going to the second one.

Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly had two ceremonies as did Princess Caroline when she married Phillipe Junot. Prince Albert and Charlene had two ceremonies too.

Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly had two ceremonies as did Princess Caroline when she married Phillipe Junot. Prince Albert and Charlene had two ceremonies too.

Well, even my parents had two ceremonies (with several months apart), just slightly less grand :lol:
A separate civil and church wedding is quite normal in some cultures, and a couple of weeks in between is normal too..

I can imagine Dowager Princess Charlene begging her nephew, Prince Andrea, who had never forgiven her for failing to appear at his wedding, to allow her to remarry. Wait, wrong century :ermm:

Well, even my parents had two ceremonies (with several months apart), just slightly less grand :lol:
A separate civil and church wedding is quite normal in some cultures, and a couple of weeks in between is normal too..

Hah! My parents' religious and civil marriage ceremonies were 4 years apart. I got to attend the second one! (And apparently the first one too, sort of... :D )

Melina, I would love to reply to your entire post, but just trying to make sense of it due to how you worded it made my head hurt. I can try to answer the one part I was kind of able to make sense of.

You asked me, I think, what did I expect from Charlene at The Olympic Games? Especially as she's not a Member of the IOC?

She is an Olympian!!! Out of all the Partners/Wives/Husbands/Consorts who went to those Games w/their significant others, she *should* get just how much it means for her Fellow Olympians from Monaco to have her there cheering them on. So she was there for the Opening Ceremonies and to meet the Members of the Monaco Olympic Team. How much time did that take? One day? Maybe two? Then she was gone and the next time we see her, she's acting like a stupid teenager who doesn't know any better and getting drunk on an outdoor patio during the day w/friends of hers somewhere warm. As an Olympian, the Wife of an Olympian and Member of the IOC, but most importantly the Princess of Monaco and First Lady of that Country, her place was in Sochi attending various events as long as Albert was there.

Look at Princess Anne and Admiral Tim Laurence for comparison. Tim isn't an Olympian, nor a Member of the IOC, but he was there w/Anne cheering on Team GB and looking like he was having a ball too. Even when it was an event Team GB would not have a chance to medal in, he was there!! Because he knows being the husband of HRH The Princess Royal means attending events w/his wife because of who and what she is. Many times that means attending events he would rather not and sometimes getting to attend events like The Winter Olympics, but by marrying Princess Anne, he knew that would be part of the package of marrying a Senior British Royal.

He is not in the same situation as Charlene rank and title wise, yet seems to have a far better grasp of the role a Royal Consort/mate plays than Charlene seems to.

It's past time for Charlene to get her act together. I actually thought that was finally happening and then those new pictures of her on that patio come out and... :(

You can only defend someone by saying "She's still adjusting to her new role." for so long and for this statement of " Prince Albert isn't expecting her to fulfill all the duties of the other Princesses in Europe..." to have been made in the first place!?! What the Hell was he or the PR Dept of the Palace thinking!?! It certainly doesn't help Charlene's image and it sure doesn't do much for Albert's either.

They had a perfect chance to show Charlene was growing even more comfortable in her role of Princess of Monaco at these Games. There were all sorts of casual meetings taking place at lunch or supper time during the Games. Charlene could have gotten together w/several Third World/African Olympic Organizations over a meal and come up w/a scheme or agreement between them and her Foundation. Isn't one of it's goals to help underprivileged children learn to swim? Something like that would have been such a huge win for her, her image and her Foundation all rolled into one.

Instead, she went off to Party and gave her reputation yet another dive into an area she can ill afford it going into. :(

I realise that, but Charlene was raised in Rhodesia and South Africa where all the legal and religious requirements can be done in the one ceremony in a church, and she was also raised a protestant (even though she converted before she married) so her brain is probably not programmed to regard the second ceremony as being as important as someone raised a devout Catholic in a country where you need two ceremonies.

I realise that, but Charlene was raised in Rhodesia and South Africa where all the legal and religious requirements can be done in the one ceremony in a church, and she was also raised a protestant (even though she converted before she married) so her brain is probably not programmed to regard the second ceremony as being as important as someone raised a devout Catholic in a country where you need two ceremonies.

This is true. But I find it perfectly reasonable for an adult person to adjust. Changing one's behaviour pattern to accommodate the customs of the new country of residence, especially for a person in an official position in the new country, is only to be expected.

We're not talking about "Big Issues" like a Muslim converting into Christianity, but small adjustments every immigrant has to make, regardless of the name of the adoptive country.

:previous: I just don't see it as a big or important issue in the general scheme of things. Getting married again when you're already married to the person, especially when the two of you already had a child before the first marriage so the argument about the religious importance of it flies out the window because they clearly didn't care about what the Catholic Church might think then otherwise they would have married before the child was born, just isn't a big deal. She went to the first wedding - the legal one - and some other events related to their marriage, and as far as I am concerned that should be enough.

Last edited:
It appears to me that a "second" wedding celebration is simply a Great Party...and from the photos - I'd enjoy being invited. What's all the fuss about?

It appears to me that a "second" wedding celebration is simply a Great Party...and from the photos - I'd enjoy being invited. What's all the fuss about?

Charlene didn't go to it, and that seems to have ruffled some feathers on the basis that by not going she neglected/shirked an important duty.

Said it before and sticking to it:
if P.Albert did not approve, it wouldn't have happened, so apparently for him it wasn't a problem that she only came to one of the wedding-festivities..

Said it before and sticking to it:
if P.Albert did not approve, it wouldn't have happened, so apparently for him it wasn't a problem that she only came to one of the wedding-festivities..

I think it's perfectly fine for you to stick to what you want to say.
And I assume you accept that what you are saying is pure speculation. -Yes, we all speculate and so on...

As for me; I find it totally impossible to speculate anything about anything anyone else may be thinking.

I think it's perfectly fine for you to stick to what you want to say.
And I assume you accept that what you are saying is pure speculation. -Yes, we all speculate and so on...

As for me; I find it totally impossible to speculate anything about anything anyone else may be thinking.

Yes, that is purely my opinion based on what i hear about how P.Albert rules his country; i have no facts whatsoever and certainly no inside information :flowers:

Yes, that is purely my opinion based on what i hear about how P.Albert rules his country; i have no facts whatsoever and certainly no inside information :flowers:

And I applaud you for your honesty and kindness in your post! If it were possible, I would hand you a bunch of flowers, but internet still has its limitations! :flowers:

And I applaud you for your honesty and kindness in your post! If it were possible, I would hand you a bunch of flowers, but internet still has its limitations! :flowers:

As i'm having a bad cold at the moment and am feeling bit sorry for myself i'll take the emoticon as real flowers :)
(this post will probably be deleted anyway as way OT)

They were as close to real flowers as I could get! :) And I hope you get better soon!

To the administration: I also agree that these couple of posts are off topic, but I hope they will be allowed to stay, because they are samples of genuine goodwill between posters expressing completely different views. Which is the way it always should be.

Thank you for the summary; I guess it's another slow day for the world media! ;)

Well, to be honest this marriage hasn' t convinced me from the very beginning but that' s just my opinion... If they are still together then it means that for them it's ok, wether they are in love or have an agreement... And if they are all right, I agree as well:).

I agree; if their marriage/relationship is good enough for Albert and Charlene, then it should be good enough for us.

I think they're just fine. Got to look past all the speculations and rumors.

Sometime "the perfect couple" can be perfect just in appeareance while other who seems not to match can be the best... Who know what happens in their private life... Dont' know if you get what I mean... I don't know an english proverb sorry! It italian we say " Appearance can cheat!":)

Only future will tell the truth. I hope that all gossips remain gossips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom