General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's what got to do with age? - I don't know the age of the guys around the table; could be 50 - 60- 70? The guy with his back to the camera, on the left, looks rather young. But they all seem to be in control of themselves.

I think it's wrong to discriminate against older people. They are just as affectionate, caring and vulnerable as younger people. Getting old doesn't mean not having feelings.

I'm sorry but 80 is 80! And for a 35 years old to have a "fling" with a guy of 80 is highly ...
We are not talking about feelings, we are talking about other things.

I'm sorry but 80 is 80! And for a 35 years old to have a "fling" with a guy of 80 is highly ...
We are not talking about feelings, we are talking about other things.
plan B in case the marriage goes downhill? :whistling:

I find it hard to believe that the marriage is going downhill when the two were photographed only recently smooching at the airport...

Imo this is the way this marriage works and it's with mutual consent

I find it hard to believe that the marriage is going downhill when the two were photographed only recently smooching at the airport...

the process of going downhill in general is a kind of lengthy one and takes more than one incident (unless there are cases of severe infidelity etc.), and openly displayed feelings can be simply more or less good acting. the airport kissing in gstaad was a case of rather poor acting, my personal opinion only, stated on the body language of HSH, compared to the pictures we're discussing here.

BTW, i was just asking a question about the meaning of the 'bolded' sentence of my pre-poster. the alternative would have been some ... well ... ahemmm .... payment or compensation of any kind, "we're talking about other things". now, that assumption would have been rather nasty, wouldn't it?

I think it is rather unfair of posters to assume from these pics that the Princess is misbehaving. She is not even pictured with a drink in her hand and doesn't seem inebriated, just carefree. The pictures only show a few seconds of this party that supposedly carried on for hours(how reliable is the source??) As for the state of their marriage, and as mentioned before, all seems fine. It's maybe more fair not to jump to conclusions too quickly...

What's what got to do with age? - I don't know the age of the guys around the table; could be 50 - 60- 70? The guy with his back to the camera, on the left, looks rather young. But they all seem to be in control of themselves.

I think it's wrong to discriminate against older people. They are just as affectionate, caring and vulnerable as younger people. Getting old doesn't mean not having feelings.

I was speaking about Prince Albert's feelings, not the emotions of elderly men. All people of all ages have romantic affectionate feelings.

I think it is rather unfair of posters to assume from these pics that the Princess is misbehaving. She is not even pictured with a drink in her hand and doesn't seem inebriated, just carefree. The pictures only show a few seconds of this party that supposedly carried on for hours(how reliable is the source??) As for the state of their marriage, and as mentioned before, all seems fine. It's maybe more fair not to jump to conclusions too quickly...

I agree, Bunte cherry picked a couple of photos and made a front page story full of insinuations. Everyone looked relaxed and happy and who knows what other people were there and cut out of the photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

In the end there are only a couple of holiday snapshots - one can find them inappropriate, one can find them harmless or one can be delighted to see Princess Charlene relaxed and having a good time - no more, no less.

Bolding the last sentence in the above post is mine. - And I totally agree with it! "This is the way the marriage works and it's with mutual consent."

Iceflower's post; I also agree that people can see different things. But I don't think the number of photos as such matters; if I remember correctly, there were only two photos of Sarah Ferguson licking the toes of the man whose name I can't remember. But the two photos were enough.

Age of Charlie Vere Nicholl; can't find his date of birth. If he were 80 he'd have been born in 1933. But he qualified as a lawyer in 1979, and had he been born in 1933, he would have been 46 in 1979. I'm doubtful he would have qualified that late in his professional life. It seems more likely he was born some 20 years later, and would have been round 26 in 1979.

Should this be the case, he'd only be round 60. He definitely doesn't look 80. - Just my thoughts!

I don't understand the fuss. IMO these 2 have always had a long distance type relationship with time apart (didn't Charlene not live in Monaco up until a year or so before they married?).
Some relationships work better when those involved have independence and space. Doesn't make it any less a relationship.

Fuss? What fuss? - Definition of fuss: "a display of unnecessary or excessive excitement, activity, or interest".

Tommy, whose definition of "unnecessary" or "excessive" shall we use? To me this is a discussion on a discussion board whose only purpose is to be a discussion forum. Would you prefer this discussion to take place somewhere else, and if so, where should we go?

What is necessary in life? My jury is out on this one, as there are very many parameters to consider for the answer to that question.

Iceflower's post; I also agree that people can see different things. But I don't think the number of photos as such matters

I didn't put the emphasis on the number of the pics, we sometimes tend to read too much into certain things ;)

I didn't put the emphasis on the number of the pics, we sometimes tend to read too much into certain things ;)

Hi iceflower, you do that? That's OK! :) We're all only human, and there are others doing it, too!

:previous:
And you did it again..:D It's a worldly wisdom that proves to be true in this thread, this forum and the extending lives of all of us :flowers:

I found it a little strange that she goes on holidays without her husband, but it is not the first time we see this, she really likes to enjoy this holidays apart from her husband and with some friends...however I think that when she commited that she was going to be a Princess she must act like one according to some rules...avoid situations that only leed to gossip, true or not she should avoid it...also she is with a lot of man, where are the girsl? doesn't she have any women to travell with? She acts like a normal pernosn and she is not...when she is on royal duties or with her husband she is always with an unhappy face, she looks miserable, she doesn't smile mucht... but when she is with these friends like last year, her face just turns to be mucht more happier . Also who paid for this vacations?

If royals must exist, I find they must remain princesses or queens. They must look the part and behave the part. - Yep, I know it's crazy, but that's what I think needs to be the case.

I think Charlene had a pretty good idea what she was in for, and therefore tried to run.

And I remain convinced that if Albert wasn't Prince Albert of Monaco, Charlene would not have married him. Which is not to say she's the only woman to marry for comfort and $$$; I believe millions of women have done it before, and will continue to do so.
Agree 100% with you!

Yesterday,the palace announced that the princely couple will attend the 'international meeting of San Francisco for the protection of the oceans' on monday 24th.

The princely couple will attend the Saint David's day on march 1st at Monaco and the money raised will be for the Princess Charlene foundation.

On March 27th to march 30 th there will be the meeting natation Princess Charlene. this meeting is organized by special olympic of Monaco and Princess Charlene , there will be many international teams .

Princess charlene would attend also the ceremony of the opening of the paraolympic games at Sotchi as she is ambassador of special olympics and she is involved with handicaped persons.

It seams that her agenda will be heavy in march. charlene is not found of the winter sports and of the snow. i think it is normal that she took some days at the barbades while Albert stayed 2 weeks at Sotchi. the other royals did not stay so long at the olympics games. After Prince Albert visited the president of Azerbaidjan.

Two weeks ago, we saw lovely photos of Albert and charlene kissing on the heliport of Gstaadt or Albert hugging and kissing charlene at the soccer match. All is well between them. We already saw photos of Charlene very happy with Albert during the week end in norge or at the petanque match last summer but I think everybody wants to see what they want see.

i think Albert was agreed that charlene took some days in the barbades. it happens also to him to have some days with friends in winter. William hunted some days in spain some weeks ago but the tabloids will never publish there are scandals but when it is Albert or charlene there are very quickly bad rumors. The photos are not scandalous, charlene is kissing a priest on the cheeks, this man could be his grandfather, she is happy and laughting , charlene has always been described as a warm and spontaneous person in privat by many of her friends like the son of Lennon or Sylvia Silverstadt .
There are glasses on the table like there are always on any tables when it is very warm and nobody know if it is alccol or juice of fruit, but the tabloids would writte lies even if they were not present;
I am surprised that the persons who are commenting here, did not comment about the coming events of the couple which will take place this week ( the palace published the announce of the presence of Albert and charlene at san francisco meeting) and nobody spoke about it and went on to speak something which is not a scandal.

I think that the tabloid (Bunte) will not publish the photos of charlene and Albert in USA or at the gala. They did not publish the photos of Albert and charlene kissing on the heliport. Their readers do not understand french nor perhaps english also they will believe all what is said and Bunte will eatn a lot of money.

How do we know PA wasn't there? Bunte could have cut him out of the picture. I don't think he was in Sotchi the second week. He was in Monaco part of the time. They could have flown together to Barbados on their way to California.

How do we know PA wasn't there? Bunte could have cut him out of the picture. I don't think he was in Sotchi the second week. He was in Monaco part of the time. They could have flown together to Barbados on their way to California.

Albert was photographed in Sochi with Charlene on 8th and 9th. Then they went to Monaco to the football game. Albert returned to Sochi and was photographed at least on 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 17th February. After that he was on a two-day visit to Azerbaijan. The cover of Bunte came to internet on 19th February.

Last edited:
despite still being convinced that a re-schedule of 1-2 days of delay might have been possible, i agree this explains why after such exhausting professional commitments she needs to party heavily now in the caribbean.

I find it really weird that we all are in awe that Char didn't attend the wedding ceremony while Stephanie didn't attend any of the wedding celebrations!

No, Albert was not with charlene but an article said she was also for her foundation Princess charlene, her foundation offers lifesaving equipement to avoid the drowning of the children and she offers the saving life equipment to the anglican community which looks after the poor children. After she offered this equipement, she attended the service of the church and she was invited by this community to a diner. She knew very well the priest and his wife who managed this community, I do not see a scandal .

If you look at the photo it's taken at a medal ceremony where a National Anthem is playing. That is how he was taught to stand at a young age plus he is a reserve Lieutenant Commander in the French Navy. That is how you will see military personal stand to show respect.

Not to mention he was there as a Member of the Intl Olympic Commitee and also as an Olympian to give those Medals out. Combine all of that and the way he's standing straight at attention in the picture makes it pretty obvious to me it was taken during the playing of whichever Country's National Anthem during the Ceremony.

While I don't think there's anything affair wise going on here, it also doesn't help Charlene. She's the First Lady of a Country, plus an Olympian herself. I don't care if she loves Winter or not, she's the Princess of Monaco now and that means doing things you don't like sometimes. Like attending The Winter Olympics for instance.

Regardless of how you might feel about Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, you have to admire her for working to cope and deal w/her serious phobia of flying. She knew what saying yes to Haakon's proposal meant and from all reports it is not that simple unease we all have at times when flying, but is/was a pretty paralyzing phobia However she knew becoming Crown Princess of Norway would mean representing Her Country on the World Stage and that means flying. That she has become able through therapy and learning coping skills to be able to handle flying, not only is proof of HRH's strength of character, but also how seriously she takes her role as Crown Princess of Norway.

That's the problem Charlene has and pictures such as these just serves to cement the impression that she wanted to be HSH the Princess of Monaco, but none of the duties or work the title brought along w/it. Now I don't know Charlene personally, but when you look back on the last few years, that is the impression you have of her. I give her a pass w/the Rugby, as it had to do w/The Sainte Devote Celebrations and if either her or Albert not been there, that would not have gone over well. However, I personally have lost track how many times over the last three years where I have wondered when is she finally going to try and prove her nay sayers wrong.

Sadly, this just adds more fuel to the fire and by now, she *should* know better. Charlene should know the paps are just lying in wait for a chance such as this, but nope and once again the story is "Caught yet again shirking her duties to have fun in the sun." I mean...Literally having an all out booze binge out on a Restaurant Patio during the day!?! Really!?!

Just as I thought she was beginning to turn her PR image around too. I just don't get it. :(

I find it really weird that we all are in awe that Char didn't attend the wedding ceremony while Stephanie didn't attend any of the wedding celebrations!

I find it really weird that so many of us do or can not differentiate between the duties of a first lady AKA charlene and those of the spare to the spare AKA stephanie! :ermm:

Last edited:
It was the duty of princess Charlene to attend the saint devote tournament this day. here is the description of this event. There were also handicaped children with their parents who were very happy to be with their princess. This event lasted all the afternoon, after she represented the prince to the gala of boxing which is very important in monaco. the wedding of Andrea was an event of family and the events of Saint Devote day and the gala of boxing are duties of princess and charlene did her duties.

Sainte-Devote rugby challenge | Princess Charlene Of Monaco Foundation

Princess Charlene works also in the shadow, here is the example of the event ' snapper pour tous' in english ' snapper for all', pupils of monaco and pupils of the department of the french town Nice and the small towns around nice come with their teacher and their class to museum during a day to the museum of monaco, they learn to know the world of oceans and they learn to feed the fishs, they will after do a report and the best report will earn two days in Monaco , they will visit the palace and so... this event will be supported by the academy and princess Charlene foundation. Mr Calgano says in this Video that Princess charlene wanted this event for all the pupils and particularly for the desavantaged children. This event is free. in other monarchies, there would be children welcoming the princess with a brunch of flowers, princess speaking with them and so.. princesss Charlene prefers working in the shadow but she is doing her duty of princess and it is all her honour.

here is the report of this event.

« Snapper pour tous » au Musée Océanographique de Monaco / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

Just checking; you're saying she wanted to attend this event? - I don't understand French so don't know what people are saying on the video.

Anyway, Charlene is NOT there. So?

she was not attending this event but she organized this event with her foundation and the accademy of Nice. as the director of the museum said it in this video. not need to be taken in photo to do some good thing for Monaco.

OK. I understand what you're saying. - But I think differently, really. No problem!

I find it really weird that so many of us do or can not differentiate between the duties of a first lady AKA charlene and those of the spare to the spare AKA stephanie! :ermm:

The wedding of Andrea was NOT an official function, it was a family occasion, it wasn't anyone's "duty" to attend it. However, Stephanie is Andrea's aunt godmother while Charlene is his uncle's wife, guess who is the spare to the spare in that case! :flowers:

The wedding of Andrea was NOT an official function, it was a family occasion, it wasn't anyone's "duty" to attend it. However, Stephanie is Andrea's aunt godmother while Charlene is his uncle's wife, guess who is the spare to the spare in that case! :flowers:

with all due respect to your personal feelings (in the british :D meaning of that term :flowers:) the 'spare to the spare' is a dynastic pecking order that does not relate to in-laws that never shall be performing any ruling duties but would remain in subordinate level in case the ruler bit the dust unexpectedly. that simple. full stop. hence you are comparing sour grapes to small cherries....

so it might well be the case one day that charlene might depend on the mercy (in any sense whatsoever) of andrea succeeding albert unless she provides an heir or two rather quickly. stephanie on the other hand, being born into the ruling house of grimaldi, will always be protected and being taken care of by her late father's contingency plan and heritage, regardless her antics.

quod licet iovi, non licet bovi. :D

taken the rather instable position charlene has within her in-laws, she'd better start soon to try and make some friends. might however be far too late anyway after 3 years, though.

EDOEP, Your comment is a non sens, I am not a idiot but I do not understand your comment.

Charlene is the princess of Monaco and she is young enough to give an heir and the progress of the science would help her if she had difficulties but that is not the subject. There is a saying in france who says, don't sell the skin of the bear before killing it.

Now she is the princess of Monaco with duties and the wedding of Andrea is not a duty but a event of family. She had to attend the tournament of Saint Devote and the monegash people will be desappointed to see that nobody of the princely family attended to these events. the religious wedding did not take place in Monaco and they did not see any photos or vidéos about this wedding. and Charlene would not attend this fest because this wedding would be far of Monaco.

I will say other thing, some persons on RF are criticing Charlene because she did not attend this wedding. Andrea could choose an other date for his wedding , he has no duty on Monaco.

Some people here has short memory. many people did not remember that Charlene was the only person who represented the family at the Princess Grace gala, each year it is the occasion to remember princess grace and what she was doing in her life. This year, Albert could not come because he had many big events . Only Charlene who is the daughter in law attended to this gala , her daughters Caroline, Stéphanie, the children of Caroline did not come.Apart Charlotte, the other parts of the family could come. They were missing.
In december , priest Penzo celebrated the 40 years of his presence near the princely family, apart Albert and Charlene who was very present with the mass and the diner they gave for the priest, not other members of the family were present

they are also missing for the fests of Saint Devote, only Albert and Charlene were present , and Charlene would be not present at this tournament and attend a wedding which was far from Monaco and the people of Monaco!

I cannot find a Father Penzo celebration in December 2013 on the net, which is not to say it wasn't; I just couldn't find it. Was it a public one? And what is a celebration of "40 years near a princely family" meant to be? I don't understand the concept; perhaps there is something I'm missing.

Princess Grace awards; I went back to 2006, and it seems either Albert or Caroline from the family were present. Charlene was with Albert on a number of award occasions, but if Albert wasn't there, Caroline was. It seems there isn't a custom of many Grimaldis in attendance in one go.

I don't attest to the excuse "I don't do so-and-so because others don't do so-and-so". I find I'm free to do whatever I think is right.

I also find that I don't go to weddings and christenings out of duty, but rather because I wish to be there to share in the joy of others. Should I attend something more directly connected to my in-laws than my own family, I would question my attitude to people around me.

I find Western societies are getting slacker and more self-centered.
Gaudia mutantur et nos mutamur in illis. :)

The wedding of Andrea was NOT an official function, it was a family occasion, it wasn't anyone's "duty" to attend it.

I agree. In any event I thought Charlene did attend the actual, legal, wedding. It was only the much later religious service she didn't attend. How many wedding ceremonies for the same couple can a person reasonably be expected to attend?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom