General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . To go back to Pcs Albert, he is not anymore a flashing beauty, but he might be a charming person, who knows Charlene's criteria?
Well, he may not be trim and athletic but he does have lovely eyes and the most beautiful smile.

My mother always used to say:

"Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly cuts to the bone".​

She is right.

This week's cover for German Magazine Bunte. The person who first tweeted it is a very respected royal writer in America.
https://twitter.com/royalmusing/status/436361695573704704/photo/1

It is photos of Princess Charlene kissing another man on the cheek in St. Barts. It could be a friend or family member and all be innocent but something about the photos just doesn't look good.

:previous:

As the pics are on this week's Bunte cover, I'm quite sure that they are new and that Charlene has recently been on vacation with her friends.

I also think that it's Dennis R. Washington, who has been among the group of friends of last year's holidays in Portofino. But Dennis R. Washington gets 80 years old this year and is married and there's nothing wrong with having fun with a group of friends, so I can't see any exciting or extraordinary story behind it.

:previous:

As the pics are on this week's Bunte cover, I'm quite sure that they are new and that Charlene has recently been on vacation with her friends.

I also think that it's Dennis R. Washington, who has been among the group of friends of last year's holidays in Portofino. But Dennis R. Washington gets 80 years old this year and is married and there's nothing wrong with having fun with a group of friends, so I can't see any exciting or extraordinary story behind it.
Well said Iceflower!!!

I must be experiencing "Déjà vu" as I was sure I had seen that picture a while ago. ? :ohmy:

iceflower, I'm sure that you are correct when you reckon that it is a new picture.

Regardless of whether it is new or old I'm delighted to see Charlene having such great fun.

Well, the gentleman in the white shirt could have told Charlene that he was going to donate a lot of money to her Foundation. She gives him a massive kiss as a thank you. The guy in blue offers to do the same so Charlene gives him a huge hug. A plausible explanation.

They have all received some very good news so they are very happy as a result. Another plausible explanation.

They were all in a restaurant so I assume it was in a public place. ? Nothing is hidden.

Just a few of my thoughts when I look at the picture.

It's another trick to sell magazine articles. The Monegasques have always been scandal magnets. Slap a few old photos on the cover of one of Germany's biggest gossip rags and no one thinks twice to question it. Everyone's a critic!

Well, the gentleman in the white shirt could have told Charlene that he was going to donate a lot of money to her Foundation. She gives him a massive kiss as a thank you. The guy in blue offers to do the same so Charlene gives him a huge hug. A plausible explanation.

They have all received some very good news so they are very happy as a result. Another plausible explanation.

They were all in a restaurant so I assume it was in a public place. ? Nothing is hidden.

Just a few of my thoughts when I look at the picture.

A happy looking Charlene laughing & enjoying herself is hardly a scandal,anyone would think the Princess had reenacted Fergie's infamous toe sucking antics of the 90's.

Someone at this Eurotrash gossip 'magazine' should invest in a dictionary!

Last edited:
The thing is, there are two different men in the photos, so it doesn't make sense that she was "partying" with two men at a time behind Albert's back!
Was it Bunte that suggested Charlene was having an affair with that young family friend last year (I forgot his name)?

Edit: That's not Dennis Washington, it's Charlie Vere Nicholl and he's a PRIEST!

I find Charlene very generous with her affections in the photos, but she may have been drunk; I don't know. The embrace is a bit extreme, and does not fall into the category of "friendly hello" in my thinking.

As for someone being a PRIEST...means nothing to way too many ordained people these days. Priests and pastors are well-known for their carnal interests, including a horrendous track record of child sexual abuse.

It's another trick to sell magazine articles. The Monegasques have always been scandal magnets. Slap a few old photos on the cover of one of Germany's biggest gossip rags and no one thinks twice to question it. Everyone's a critic!

I was finally able to get a copy at a local newsstand.

These are not old photos. Charlene was in St Bart's while Albert returned to Russia with Pierre and Alexandra. The Palace admitted as much in the article and said that Charlene was there to donate 1200 worth of equipment. The priest is the owner of the posh hotel, where Charlene and company partied from 11am until 6pm. The drinks were flowing and the list of her drinks was quite heavy...so she was more than tipsy. While it is probably not an affair, Her behaviour and happiness there compared to time with Albert and at Monaco events (other than rugby and swimming) is quite striking.

The problem is that it is not the first time. She took a similar vacation, similar drink and actions and photos, with two older men on their yacht this summer. It was two different men. In those photos she wore a blue bathing suit and partied hearty on the yacht the Mediterranean. She knew photogs were there then and nothing was different. Those photos were not at a restaurant in the islands.

It is easy to confuse the two. Both times she was photographed being too familiar with men not her husband, acting and drinking like a drunken college student. For someone in her position she knows better and needs to mature. Twice in under six months, photos like these of the wife of any head of state, would be cause for talk anywhere. Charlene is followed, no one had it out for her. She has admitted to emailing and texting reporters, including Bunte, who paid for and attended her brother's wedding and published exclusive photos. They were certainly reputable enough then. You can't ask for publicity on one hand and then expect not to have your indiscretions photographed. It is news, not a trick to sell magazines.

For a newly married couple with no heir, they spend a large amount of time vacationing apart from each other. Drinking that heavily says no heir in the immediate future, either.

Her own actions lend to talk. Charlene missed the wedding of her nephew to attend the boxing match her father was paid to promote. She could not make it back to the Olympics after the major photo session at the opening. Yet she excuses not working while dating Albert or not learning the language for 8 years by bragging she was an Olympian. She cares so little for the Olympics that partying in St Bart's was far more appealing. I am sure there was just as much fun to be had in Russia if she had been interested....but it would have been with her husband!

Last edited:
I'm still so confused by Charlene. My thoughts are that she acts the way she thinks she should for "official" functions/duties, and then acts the way she wants when she is "off duty". These two parts of her are complete polar opposites. So extreme that you wonder which one she really is, or if she is somewhere in the middle naturally. For sure she needs to reign in the gaiety while not on duty. Or go somewhere that cameras are not around.

From the article.
Then they have the Anglican clergy Charlie Vere Nicoll, whose wife Mandie and other community members have been invited to dinner.
Some are to quick to judge and totally miss the details. It wasn't some scandalist fling his wife was there. As far as her not being in Russia for the Olympics she doesn't like winter sports or care much for snow and that came from Albert's own lips during an interview when asked where she was a few years ago. I was surprised to see her at an event outside. Sometimes I think I am the only one who remembers details.

As a South African girl who married a prince and became a princess, I only wish for the best for Charlene. Makes my dreams of snatching a prince seem realistic :whistling:

I do not believe she is having an affair with any of the men she has been photographed with on her two vacations. However, the two images that she has are not doing her any favors. She rarely smiles when with Albert but looks so having when partying with her friends. While she might have the title of a princess, she is in the position of a queen, wife to a head of state. She can party all she wants but must be careful of where she does so.

The Palace is clearly not providing the much needed advice. I don't care what she does in private but she should be seen by the public as embracing her role as Princess of Monaco. I hope that friendship with Queen Maxima is still good cause if there is anyone who would know how to guide her, it's Max ( and CP Mary). She should be showing signs of learning French and Monaco's people.

The biggest problem with Charlene is that the Palace has allowed her to embrace the celebrity lifestyle, she is so involved in it that she seems more like a celebrity than the Princess of Monaco. The fact that there is still no heir is not helping (they can take as long as they want to start a family but they must not seem like they are living separate lives)

Charlene started her marriage of on they wrong foot In terms of PR, things that some princess may get away with she can not because people think her marriage if fake. The palace PR machine is slacking, no scandal or rumor is too big for a good PR office, I mean look at Camilla.

From the article. Some are to quick to judge and totally miss the details. It wasn't some scandalist fling his wife was there. As far as her not being in Russia for the Olympics she doesn't like winter sports or care much for snow and that came from Albert's own lips during an interview when asked where she was a few years ago. I was surprised to see her at an event outside. Sometimes I think I am the only one who remembers details.

No details were missed. Your post makes it appear that no other opinion but yours is valid or no one knows the history. I think we all have heard it ad nauseum, this is a royal themed forum. Both sides have valid opinions.

I thought it was well covered above that he was a priest and married. That changes absolutely nothing. Simply those two things do not make him a saint. Many people have affairs and some have wives who know about it. He also owns the posh hotel where they partied for 7 hours, drinking heavily early in the day!

As far as the Olympics, she liked it enough to ensure she was photographed at the opening and photographed announcing the athletes of Monaco. She is the consort of the head of state. She belongs there in Russia, with her spouse, not playing the part of a drunken teenager on spring break. If she did not like the winter weather, that would not have been a problem - Russia and Sochi has been quite warm! Other spouses who did not attend who were then photographed in such positions would be criticized too.

She is not there to like or dislike events. She is there to represent the people she volunteered to be First Lady for. If she wants to drink and party, she needs to be more discreet. It seems that she is sullen and pouty when doing official duties and after a few days of 'work' needs to run off to party and recover. It would not hurt her to do her duties with less drunken parties. It would not have hurt her to spend time with her husband.

What is the excuse for all the other issues? She does not like it so she acts like a spoiled child? She could not attend her nephew's wedding to attend a boxing match her father was paid to promote. She could not so much as muster a smile at the soccer game but can throw herself around giddy and drunken at other times? She has to get her priorities straight; doing your job or duty is not always fun.

As far as the palace pr, It takes two. Charlene has made it clear that she is "stubborn" and does things her way. Corrina is one example of not having the right advisors.

Charlene herself contacts the media with emails and texts, in particular, with the likes of Bunte. Until she realizes, like Diana did, that the media will not always play to her tune, she will only play into their hands. The media love to bring down what they build up. She must take the advice of others for pr to work. Bunte paid to cover her brother's wedding (why other than for access to her I am still not sure of). Bunte reporters have had private access to her by their own admission. Bunte was clear in the article that she was not having an affair. Their point was her behaviour was totally inappropriate for her station. I think many agree!

Last edited:
The posts read to me she is with this married man. Not that his wife was right there with them seeing the whole thing.

Albert said long before Charlene that the woman he married will not have the same duties as other Royal wives. However it would be nice for him to be able to share it with her. He knows the score and when he requires her to be at his side she has been. He also takes vacations with his own friends leaving her to do whatever she wants. He is paying the body guards do people honestly think he doesn't know what she is doing when they aren't together? They had an open relationship in which he dated other woman almost up until the became engaged. It could be they have an open marriage and if it works for them its their business she is getting out of it what she wants and so is he.

Last edited:
The last six posts (the ones after mine); thank you to everyone for calm, collected posting with no fanatic accusations about other posters. Your posting is excellent, pleasant to read and informative, and I appreciate your posts very much! I learnt a fair bit of what has been happening in Charlene's life since the wedding through your posts.

Thanks again! :)

There were pictures posted on the forums including this one.

A photograph is not proof of an open marriage or relationship unless they are holding a sign that says so. That is the argument here, a picture not telling the whole story.

If it were true, it would not be a private matter. It would jeopardize the crown, Albert's reputation, bring doubt on any heir and hurt the citizens. That is forgetting the religious aspect as a Catholic convert and Princess of a Catholic country. When it comes to them, their life is tied to the state and is public.

While some see conspiracy theories here, there is a much simpler answer in a lack of good judgement, stubbornness and immaturity.

Charlene has courted the media since her first date with Albert. She has given some members of the media exclusive access to herself and her family. She texts, calls and emails them herself and has said so. Chief among these were Bunte. They had personal invites to the wedding festivities. They even knew her weekend plans early in the marriage. She admitted to giving them in an interview! The media are not friends or pals. That familiarity could never end well. Their job is to report the story, not the palace party line. The article was quite clearly bemoaning her lack of discretion and her absence from events to party and not suggesting it was an affair. They named the priest and said his wife was there. Given her public exposure and actions they had every right to publish the photos.

Charlene should and must have been aware that the media was following her. She attended a church service on the island. Her presence was announced. St. Barts is a popular celeb hot spot and so there are tons of paps stationed there with contacts ready. She was not hidden, she was in the restaurant outside of a posh hotel. She was there for SEVEN hours drinking and behaving terribly for someone in her position. Of course photos were taken. Look at the photos, it is disgraceful! It is news. The media is a fickle beast just look at their efforts on Diana and Fergie.

If Charlene wants privacy then she needs to learn discretion. Her actions are no longer private. Her husband is the head of state. She is a Princess. She lost much of her privacy by choice.

Last edited:
The Bunte article indeed does not accuse her of having a fling or anything, but rather that she's partying away with friends when she could/should be with her husband representing her country.

IMO if P.Albert would not approve of her trip, it would not have happened.
I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what this trip would be like and he either whole-heartedly supports it, or at least doesn't mind.

It actually says she was "CAUGHT"!

I find it impossible to conclude anything as I know nothing. I also think it's impossible for an outside to conclude "X would not have done so if Y had known about it". It's simply outlandish. Common sense says to me that this world has billions of things happening with someone else not knowing about it.

Only the person in question can ever say he/she doesn't mind.

On the other hand, would it be he doesn't mind, or would it actually be he doesn't care?

It actually says she was "CAUGHT"!

I find it impossible to conclude anything as I know nothing. I also think it's impossible for an outside to conclude "X would not have done so if Y had known about it". It's simply outlandish. Common sense says to me that this world has billions of things happening with someone else not knowing about it.

Only the person in question can ever say he/she doesn't mind.

On the other hand, would it be he doesn't mind, or would it actually be he doesn't care?

Yep, "Caught partying with millionairs when her husband is at work representing his country, shouldn't she be there at his side?"... that's what the article is about (not "Caught having an affair" if that's what you think "Caught" implies..)

I'm not implying anything at all. I just posted the translation of German "erwischt", which means "caught".

It also says "the scandal photos. This will not appeal to Albert; he's in Sotchi and his wife is out of control in the Caribbean".

Last edited by a moderator:
It also says "the scandal photos. This will not appeal to Albert; he's in Sotchi and his wife is out of control in the Caribbean".

Yes, i know, i can read german :flowers:

It was a simple kiss on the cheek. Nothing wrong with that. Charlene's husband has done worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom