Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 38: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte's blood(like all the Grimaldis except Alexandra von Hanover) is noble/aristocratic, not Royal at all.

But I do understand what you are saying and I agree. Gad certainly sees her as a princess.

Last edited:
I think we also must understand that the Casiraghi trio and the entire royal family of Monaco are of a much different culture than, say, the British royals. The French and Italian (culture that the Monegasque royals are closely linked to) have a much more casual perspective about these things. The only reason it seems so outlandish is because the Monegasque royals are the only royals from that culture.

I think we also must understand that the Casiraghi trio and the entire royal family of Monaco are of a much different culture than, say, the British royals. The French and Italian (culture that the Monegasque royals are closely linked to) have a much more casual perspective about these things. The only reason it seems so outlandish is because the Monegasque royals are the only royals from that culture.

Very true, very well observed. Personally, I don't mind Charlotte's out-of-wedlock pregnancy, but rather anticipate that her liaison with Gad may not bring her the expected happiness and stability.

Good point, very true. I also concur 100% with Argie....sadly this feels like deja vu all over again.:sad:

Last edited:

imo: ofcourse there are cultural differences, but even for mediterranean nobles the Monaco family seems to have an much bigger amount of out-of-wedlock children than for instance the former royal family of Italy...
The Grimaldi's are just more jet-set than other noble families, and have a more jet-set set of morals

I don't care if its old fashioned. He should behave like a gentleman, and do the decent thing. Propose marriage, if he cares at all about her reputation.

I don't care if its old fashioned. He should behave like a gentleman, and do the decent thing. Propose marriage, if he cares at all about her reputation.

He didn t marry Noe's mom neither. Perhaps he is against the institution of marriage ? Or maybe he wants to remain free to leave Charlotte if he wants to. Or he doesn t feel that their couple is ready for a "life-long" engagement. It s also a possibility that Charlotte thinks marriage is no longer a viable institution and is not requirred anymore when you become a parent. She maybe doesn t even believe in marriage after having seen all the divorces in her family.

Last edited:
He didn t marry Noe's mom neither. Perhaps he is against the institution of marriage ? Or maybe he wants to remain free to leave Charlotte if he wants to. Or he doesn t feel that their couple is ready for a "life-long" engagement. It s also a possibility that Charlotte thinks marriage is no longer a viable institution and is not requirred anymore when you become a parent. She maybe doesn t even believe in marriage after having seen all the divorces in her family.

All of the above are possible. It is also possible he was not consulted about getting pregnant in the first place and Charlotte thought that getting pregnant might move the relationship to the next step and that idea failed.
Getting married just because of a pregnancy is never a good idea, most especially if the idea of marriage was not under discussion beforehand.

Or, the pregnancy was planned within a committed relationship, and neither one of them feels that marriage is necessary.

Or, the pregnancy was not planned and they both just go with the flow. Judging by their previous choices, it appears that the Grimaldis are very religious and would never agree to an abortion.

Last edited:
Well maybe they do it the Andrea - Tatiana way. First they had their child and then they got married. But the only difference is that they were engaged before the birth of Sacha.
Time will tell!

Or, the pregnancy was not planned and they both just go with the flow. Judging by their previous choices, it appears that the Grimaldis are very religious and would never agree to an abortion.

I don't have any idea about their feelings on abortion, but I strongly disagree that they are very religious based on their previous choices.

Illegitimate children seem to be the rule rather than the exception in the Grimaldi family.

I think we all should modify a little our expressions. ILLEGITIMATE is a bad world, out of meaning in our days. Children born out of wedlock, are quite always immediately recognized by their fathers, and they have full rights towards the law.
Children are products of love between their parents, and very often, non married couples, are more in love and in harmony, than some married, and they become great parents, so I think this insulting and out of time expression ILLEGITIMATE should not be used...
In Charlotte's case, it is not a secret, she is in relationship almost for 1.5 year with Gad, and since they feel both are in harmony together, they will have a baby, like millions of couples in the world.

I think we all should modify a little our expressions. ILLEGITIMATE is a bad world, out of meaning in our days. Children born out of wedlock, are quite always immediately recognized by their fathers, and they have full rights towards the law. Children are products of love between their parents, and very often, non married couples, are more in love and in harmony, than some married, and they become great parents, so I think this insulting and out of time expression ILLEGITIMATE should not be used... In Charlotte's case, it is not a secret, she is in relationship almost for 1.5 year with Gad, and since they feel both are in harmony together, they will have a baby, like millions of couples in the world.

I disagree. Illegitimacy does not have to be a "bad word," it simply means that a child was born out of wedlock and has not subsequently been legitimized through the marriage of his or her parents.

I don't see that referring to a child as illegitimate (or legitimate for that matter) is in itself an insult; the problem is not the word, but the attitude associated with it. It should be noted that children who are illegitimate, children who were born out of wedlock but subsequently legitimized, and children who were born legitimately all actually have different rights in terms of succession depending on the country that they're born in (and even in general, depending on the country).

In Monaco, for example, legitimate children have full succession rights from the moment they're born, children who were born out of wedlock have succession rights the moment their parents get married, and children who are illegitimate have no succession rights. Three different sets of rights, encompassed by three different words.

This child is going to be illegitimately born, and like Sacha and several other children in the Monaco family, will not have succession rights at birth. Until such time as Charlotte and Gad get married, this child will remain illegitimate, unlike Sacha, who is now a child who was born out of wedlock and subsequently legitimized.

I think we all should modify a little our expressions. ILLEGITIMATE is a bad world, out of meaning in our days. Children born out of wedlock, are quite always immediately recognized by their fathers, and they have full rights towards the law.

Illegitimate reflects a legal reality for royals. Illegitimate children do not have succession rights: prince Albert's for that matter.
Political correctness is becoming quite hypocritical nowadays.

Maybe they have been dating for just one year! In my opinion a couple of years is a short time to get married...

Children are products of love between their parents, and very often, non married couples, are more in love and in harmony, than some married, and they become great parents, so I think this insulting and out of time expression ILLEGITIMATE should not be used...
In Charlotte's case, it is not a secret, she is in relationship almost for 1.5 year with Gad, and since they feel both are in harmony together, they will have a baby, like millions of couples in the world.

No, royal children born out of wedlock do not have succession rights and often no rights to titles. In 2013 nobody is discussing the illegitimacy of a royal child as anything other than the legalities - none of us attribute any negative connotations to these kids. We're discussing royalty and therefore, legitimacy and illegitimacy are legitimate topics. Pun intended.

No, royal children born out of wedlock do not have succession rights and often no rights to titles. In 2013 nobody is discussing the illegitimacy of a royal child as anything other than the legalities - none of us attribute any negative connotations to these kids. We're discussing royalty and therefore, legitimacy and illegitimacy are legitimate topics. Pun intended.

While I agree with the sentiment in general, it bears noting that while illegitimate children don't generally have succession or title rights, in some countries children born out of wedlock but subsequently legitimized by their parents' marriage do have such rights.

In Monaco, illegitimate children cannot inherit, however children born out of wedlock can (I believe so long as neither of their parents were married to someone else at their birth). This is why Sacha now has inheritance rights, and would be eligible for a title if Caroline or Andrea were to move up).

While I agree with the sentiment in general, it bears noting that while illegitimate children don't generally have succession or title rights, in some countries children born out of wedlock but subsequently legitimized by their parents' marriage do have such rights.

In Monaco, illegitimate children cannot inherit, however children born out of wedlock can (I believe so long as neither of their parents were married to someone else at their birth). This is why Sacha now has inheritance rights, and would be eligible for a title if Caroline or Andrea were to move up).

You're right, marriage always "legitimizes" any child born before the marriage, in most countries, even in the days when such things mattered for inheritance and other things.

You're right, marriage always "legitimizes" any child born before the marriage, in most countries, even in the days when such things mattered for inheritance and other things.

Oh, Giraffe, those are my favourite words to hear....

Maybe they have been dating for just one year! In my opinion a couple of years is a short time to get married...
The first press stories of Charlotte and Gad dating came out already on January 2012.

In the past couple of weeks Hola has published a few photos of Charlotte... In the first three pics ( published last week ) we can see Charlotte at Nice airport right after the charity gala at NMNM ( at Villa Paloma ), and in the last pic, publised in this week's issue we see Charlotte doing some shopping in Paris ( by the way, she seems to feel pretty cold in this last photo... ). Enjoy the pics and excuse me for their not so good quality...

http://i40.tinypic.com/2iw9h14.jpg[/IMG]
http://i43.tinypic.com/14bpy1c.jpg[/
http://i44.tinypic.com/29yp9fl.jpg[/I
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m27rxk.jpg[/

Thanks for the contribution lazuli and priyanka!!! :)

In the last pic posted by lazuli, what is she holding? a cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom