Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 38: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he confirmed to Washington Post that they are not engaged, like I posted earlier. He told the truth, that's it. Of course he could have said "no comments", but he told the truth. I don't think that it is so awful.
The other possibility is that they are engaged but don't want to tell about it.

From my point of view it's better to tell the truth than to let speculation and gossip carry on. Better him than her to release it.

Also, a marriage without a sound basis, just for the sake of the child, might fade away all too soon. No need to rush into a marriage. Cudos to them for realising this. BTW obviously none of them wants to separate. After all they just spent a vacation together. Just taking a bit more time is a wise decision in my opinion. :flowers:

According to Hola Gad Elmaleh publicly confirmed that he's not engaged to Charlotte, wich, considering her public state of pregnancy isn't neither a nice nor an elegant thing to say... i think...

Gad Elmaleh confiesa que aún no hay compromiso con Carlota Casiraghi

http://Gad Elmaleh revela que aún no hay compromiso con Carlota Casiraghi

It's astonishing how often Gad speaks to the press about his relationship with Charlotte compared to her other boyfriends, particularly Alex Dellal, who never ever did. I always assumed it was because that was the way Charlotte wanted it.:sad:

Anyway my first thought is that Gad might be trying to mislead reporters by telling them he is not engaged to the young woman who is hugely pregnant with his child, after all.:ermm:

I never believed that ridiculous story that they were going to marry on Sept 14th....the 31st anniversary of the tragic death of Princess Grace.

This cad actually said they're not engaged???? Not very gentlemanly. :eek:

This cad actually said they're not engaged???? Not very gentlemanly. :eek:

What's caddish about that. It's not at if they need to marry because Charlotte is pregnant. The baby can still have his name if that is what they want.

It's astonishing how often Gad speaks to the press about his relationship with Charlotte compared to her other boyfriends, particularly Alex Dellal, who never ever did. I always assumed it was because that was the way Charlotte wanted it.:sad:

Anyway my first thought is that Gad might be trying to mislead reporters by telling them he is not engaged to the young woman who is hugely pregnant with his child, after all.:ermm:

I never believed that ridiculous story that they were going to marry on Sept 14th....the 31st anniversary of the tragic death of Princess Grace.

I agree, at times it can come off as tacky when one is so candid with the press.

According to Hola Gad Elmaleh publicly confirmed that he's not engaged to Charlotte, wich, considering her public state of pregnancy isn't neither a nice nor an elegant thing to say... i think...

Gad Elmaleh confiesa que aún no hay compromiso con Carlota Casiraghi

http://Gad Elmaleh revela que aún no hay compromiso con Carlota Casiraghi

I agree. It was not an elegant remark. He could have refused to comment. It would have been less damaging. If I were Charlotte, I would be furious with him. It is humiliating for her.

Yes... both Alex and young Felix behaved like true gentlemen when it comes to their relationships with Charlotte, totally the opposite of Elmaleh's attitude who, despite of being so much older ( old enough to act with maturity and discretion about his love life ), acts like someone who's dazzled with the fact of dating a young, beautiful and «royal» woman. Everytime he opens his mouth in regard with this matter he sounds vainglorious and overweening, always bragging... « it's l'amouuur » he once said in an interview... Ridiculous to say the least. Why can't he simply keep his mouth shut??? :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Gad said that in an interview? "It's l'amouuur"?! Oy.:sad:

Rainier and Grace must be spinning in their tombs, however I suspect that Charlotte is so completely besotted that she lets him talk about their relationship in the press.

I totally agree that Gad sounds vainglorious bordering on ridiculous when he discusses his romance with the "princess".

Last edited:
Going half on a baby and not being married is the reality of the world today.

Going half on a baby and not being married is the reality of the world today.

Yep, the "progress" in our society is obvious in monarchies around the world.

Yes, because having children out of wedlock is the worst thing to happen in the world.... :rolleyes: Priorities man

Yes, because having children out of wedlock is the worst thing to happen in the world.... :rolleyes: Priorities man

Of course it isn't. It is less expected from royals, as they are a symbol of traditions. That's all.

Of course it isn't. It is less expected from royals, as they are a symbol of traditions. That's all.
We shouldn't expect a young woman who does not carry a royal title and is very much a private citizen to conform to those ''traditions.''

I love the new Gucci video, especially the magnificent scenery and photography of the animals, nature, new purse, and even Charlotte herself, lol. :D Btw, I'm wondering when this latest campaign was shot? I ask because Charlotte doesn't look pregnant, hmmm.... :huh: ***ps: glad to see Gucci didn't drop Charlotte as was speculated in the past***

Haven't read any of the articles nor do I plan to after reading the comments, but wanted to say nobody is forced to follow Charlotte on the boards/forums nor read any of her interviews or videos, et al, so if you don't like her or what she has to say, what's the problem? Seriously, just ignore her, problem solved. :cool:

That said, I have to be honest and say Charlotte has lost some of her appeal for me. I s'pose I used to have somewhat of a halo around her, no more. I'm disappointed in her, expected more, much more when it comes to morals, values, being a role model, blazing her own path, etc. But that's just me. She's human after all.

Here's wishing Charlotte much luck & happiness & safety & joy in her future! :flowers:

I love the new Gucci video, especially the magnificent scenery and photography of the animals, nature, new purse, and even Charlotte herself, lol. :D Btw, I'm wondering when this latest campaign was shot? I ask because Charlotte doesn't look pregnant, hmmm.... :huh: ***ps: glad to see Gucci didn't drop Charlotte as was speculated in the past***

Haven't read any of the articles nor do I plan to after reading the comments, but wanted to say nobody is forced to follow Charlotte on the boards/forums nor read any of her interviews or videos, et al, so if you don't like her or what she has to say, what's the problem? Seriously, just ignore her, problem solved. :cool:

That said, I have to be honest and say Charlotte has lost some of her appeal for me. I s'pose I used to have somewhat of a halo around her, no more. I'm disappointed in her, expected more, much more when it comes to morals, values, being a role model, blazing her own path, etc. But that's just me. She's human after all.

Here's wishing Charlotte much luck & happiness & safety & joy in her future! :flowers:
think she is already 'pregnant in this video ... the lines are soft and the belly is never seen .. This is most likely his campaign closing with GUCCI. Made in this way because of its pregnancy..

Dman said:Going half on a baby and not being married is the reality of the world today.

Argie said;
Yep, the "progress" in our society is obvious in monarchies around the world.

What a pity.

Last edited:
I agree. It was not an elegant remark. He could have refused to comment. It would have been less damaging. If I were Charlotte, I would be furious with him. It is humiliating for her.

I feel uneasy about this, partly because of my reaction which is to agree that it does seem humilating for her when I generally don't blink an eye when people have children out of wedlock, and I'm trying to work out why I feel this way.

I think that since this prominent couple is having a baby they should be seriously contemplating marriage, and if they are not engaged I wonder why. Was the baby an accident? Is their relationship unsound? Is he going to bolt? He's a bit older than her and I feel he is a cad even though it might be a mutual decision or maybe he asked and Charlotte said no.

I think it would have been better if Charlotte had been the one to make the statement, or if it had been a joint statement. If she'd been the one to say it I would more easily accept it as a mutual decision. As it is I feel it was tacky of him since it makes me doubt his bona fides.

I think a "no comment" would have been a more judicious and diplomatic response than the one Gad made. That was not debonair of him to say what he did.

Last edited:
BoB, I agree with you and with Roslyn. A gentleman would allow the pregnant girlfriend to issue the "no, I won't marry" comment or better yet have simply smiled evasively and said "no comment".

My hunch is that this relationship will not go the distance, even if they do get married.

This is not the first tacky remark he's made.For someone like Charlotte, who apparently values discretion in her "circle" makes me wonder.
The video is typical Bruce Weber. The way the handbags are slipped into the video are hilarious.
According to the Huffington Post above, this is the fulfillment of her Gucci 4 part contract.

Why should he deny the facts? She is obviously pregnant,he was asked if they were engaged, why should he evade the question which would seem a pretty stupid thing to do and would not help anyone. Just be honest and admit the fact, they are not currently engaged to be married but are expecting a child. Being honest should not be taken as an insult by anyone.

Why should he deny the facts? She is obviously pregnant,he was asked if they were engaged, why should he evade the question which would seem a pretty stupid thing to do and would not help anyone. Just be honest and admit the fact, they are not currently engaged to be married but are expecting a child. Being honest should not be taken as an insult by anyone.

Where exactly would the dishonesty be in a "no comment" or a "right now, we are focusing on the birth of our first baby"? I fail to see it.

If mere Charoltte fans sensed the lack of elegance in Gad's remarks, I can only imagine the impact they might have had on Charlotte herself.

Gad is not a diplomat. He is real. He answers truthfully. I think this trait is just what Charlotte needs. Did you ever hear opposites attract?

I am sorry she did not find her prince on the white charger. Maybe he will turn into on for her sake. But Gad had a boy with his live in and never married her. He is the one with the problem of marriage.

Gad is really lucky with that story. He is expecting a child with a woman of a royal blood (although she doesn't hold a title), i am sure that he sees her like a princess.

Anyway, i like the video and i am "jealous" of that model-like part of Charlotte:D

But, the video itself brings out something fake to me. Too many exaggerations, i don't know how to describe it.

From 14.09

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=12008579&postcount=877

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom