Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 38: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dman, yes he did. Alex Dellal rebounded very quickly with supermodel Elisa Sednaoui. They had a baby boy together in May.

Another poster suggested that Charlotte could name her new baby "Elisa" if it's a girl....I kinda don't think so. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it is not suprising that Charlotte got pregnant before she married her father's child. Especially because we have the year 2013. I am not "fan" of this sexual revolution we have been facing, but in my good, catholic(!) family 3 out of 5 of my grandmother's children had their first children before married. My mum didn't even marry my father at all, her brothers married their girlfriends while they were pregnant.

I was surprised over Charlotte's pregnancy. She seemed to like her freedom by doing lots of traveling and everything. Of course I don't know her personally but I really didn't think she would get involved in something totally serious at this point. She looked like she liked dating and having a good time.

Well, her brother just had a baby and her boyfriend is much older so those are two factors.
Gad is in a win-win situation, he is involved with a very wealthy woman, doesn't have to worry about supporting a child, and his celebrity has vastly increased because of his association w/charlotte.

I was surprised over Charlotte's pregnancy. She seemed to like her freedom by doing lots of traveling and everything. Of course I don't know her personally but I really didn't think she would get involved in something totally serious at this point. She looked like she liked dating and having a good time.

I tend to agree - she's only just turning 27.

I was just taken by surprise over this relationship. I didn't know she would've dated someone older and more experienced. I'm just hoping she delivers a healthy baby and that everything will go okay for her. Wow...

Maybe she realized that she wasn't happy with that kind of life anymore. She looks happier and more relaxed now when she is with Gad.

Perhaps she is happy and I hope it's a happy family.

Well, with the most recent photos who needs an official announcement :)

I obviously don't know them, but for some reason i feel a lot of sympathy for them as a couple, they seem really relaxed and comfortable with eachother and i hope they will stay together for a really long time (let's break the monegask record! :) )

Love the profile pic of the two: blooming Charlotte and skinny Gad.:) Thanks for those definitive pictures, Rominet09!

Well, her brother just had a baby and her boyfriend is much older so those are two factors.
Gad is in a win-win situation, he is involved with a very wealthy woman, doesn't have to worry about supporting a child, and his celebrity has vastly increased because of his association w/charlotte.

Exactly. Also, the latter day Grimaldis(Casiraghis) have always conducted themselves more like high end jet-setters than traditional European nobility. It's why I also get exasperated when people start wringing their hands about what "devout Catholics" they are. Showing up at Church for the occasional religious festival and being received by the Pope is not necessarily a devout Catholic. The Belgian and Luxembourgish Royals are devout Catholics. The Casiraghis are not, and don't pretend to be.

This is definitely a BIG win for Gad, no matter how the relationship eventually turns out.

It doesn't have to be born "legitimate", it can be legitimized at any time during its life simply by Gad and Charlotte getting married. If Andrea and Tatiana marry at the end of the month as is rumoured their son Sacha will be legitimized.

That may be, however, given what Andrea has been looking like for quite some time, I wouldn't bet money on him being around until the end of the month.

If Charlotte is already married, this child would be the heir until/unless Andrea marries Tatiana.

Love the profile pic of the two: blooming Charlotte and skinny Gad.:) Thanks for those definitive pictures, Rominet09!
My real pleasure, I love them !!!!

Exactly. Also, the latter day Grimaldis(Casiraghis) have always conducted themselves more like high end jet-setters than traditional European nobility. It's why I also get exasperated when people start wringing their hands about what "devout Catholics" they are. Showing up at Church for the occasional religious festival and being received by the Pope is not necessarily a devout Catholic. The Belgian and Luxembourgish Royals are devout Catholics. The Casiraghis are not, and don't pretend to be.

This is definitely a BIG win for Gad, no matter how the relationship eventually turns out.
Honestly Gad is HUGE in French speaking countries and HUGELY popular. Everybody is happy for him and for them I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gad is the n° 4 best paid actor , he needs no popularity because he is a great really great actor. I really like him as actor.
Marrying Charlotte he will loose his freedom for ever and I hope he will like the permanent Casiraghi's bling bling and people .
I am disappointed also for his future ! and I don't like him as Charlotte's husband

THANK YOU maria-olivia and rominet! I think because a lot of us are interested in Charlotte and the Grimaldis we sometimes overestimate how they are perceived by the general public. I've said it once and I'll say it again: outside of royal watchers and fashionistas, people do not know who Charlotte Casiraghi is. They know her grandmother, depending on their age they know who Caroline is, but Charlotte is nowhere near a household name or even a recognizable face to most people. Gad, on the other hand, even if people don't know his name, they would recognize his face.

Charlotte is a socialite, and she's got an edge by being the daughter of a princess and the granddaughter of Grace Kelly. But name/face recognition, and star power she does not have nor do I think she wants considering how repulsed she is by the modicum level of media attention surrounding her right now.

That said, if we want to argue that Gad is impressed with Charlotte's lineage, her being the daughter of a princess, I'm sure there's an argument for that. And of course, as an older man, I'm sure her youth means something to him, too. But as for raising his popularity and fame, let's not give Charlotte more than her deserved due.

In those articles which told about Gad's performance in Canada, it wasn't mentioned that he is with Charlotte.
I have never thought that Gad needs Charlotte to get more work or money or fame, I have understood that he has been and is successful on his own. Maybe it is Charlotte who needs Gad more than Gad needs Charlotte...

Why can´t we assume that they are happy with each other and have a relationship based on mutual respect?
Charlotte and Gad seem to enjoy each others company and I do not believe they need ulterior motives to stay together.

Marrying Charlotte he will loose his freedom for ever and I hope he will like the permanent Casiraghi's bling bling and people .
I am disappointed also for his future ! and I don't like him as Charlotte's husband

Thats exactly why I think that there will be no marriage or engagement at all.

But no one of us knows how much "Casiraghi bling bling" they want to have in their lives in the future, it remains to be seen.

I really hope they are happy and go on to have a healthy and great baby but I'm a little shocked by the whole thing. Seems to me everything happened so fast, IMO.

Thats exactly why I think that there will be no marriage or engagement at all.
I could have sworn I posted this yesterday morning.

Monaco is about to celebrate the royal wedding of Andrea Casiraghi at the end of the month and are now also getting geared up to start planning the wedding of his sister Charlotte, too!

Princess Caroline of Monaco has announced that her 27-year-old daughter is engaged to French actor Gad Elmaleh. And adding to the happy news, the newly engaged couple are also expecting their first child.
Charlotte Casiraghi To Marry (BridesMagazine.co.uk) (BridesMagazine.co.uk)

They wouldn't comment on the pregnancy rumors and IMO if they haven't made a denial or filed a law suit for slander or anything so the engagement must also be true. There are posts all over the Internet saying they are engaged.

Last edited:

Gad Elmaleh has the same birthday as Philippe Junot?! :eek: Oh dear...that must make Princess Caroline sleep easier at night.:sad:

Anyway, Gad does not strike me as another Junot. He seems genuinely charming and not as jaded as Junot appeared to be. By all accounts Charlotte is crazy about him.

As far as who is raising the profile of who in their relationship, all I can say is that I don't know of many Americans who could pick either of them out of a lineup.

One can only hope for the best.

Last edited:
Gad Elmaleh has the same birthday as Philippe Junot?! :eek: Oh dear...that must make Princess Caroline sleep easier at night.:sad:

Anyway, Gad does not strike me as another Junot. He seems genuinely charming and not as jaded as Junot appeared to be. By all accounts Charlotte is crazy about him.

As far as who is raising the profile of who in their relationship, all I can say is that I don't know of many Americans who could pick either of them out of a lineup.

One can only hope for the best.

Oh, my :ermm:
I hope he does better than Junot.

I wonder if Princess Alexandra were in the same situation if her parents would push her to marry because she is a princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom