Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 38: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder how the family is dealing with the pregnancy situation? I wonder if Gad liked by Caroline and the family? Nothing worse than your child going half on a baby with a person you really don't like or think wouldn't be good for them.

Providing those pictures aren't photoshopped, I'd say she's way along and no formal announcement is necessary! ;)

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
More than half way point, I would say. I cant imagine why they would not announce a marriage. Especially because at this point, this kid is the eventual heir if it's born legitimate.

She looks about 6-7 months to me. Anywhere from late September to early November is my guess.

She looks about 6-7 months to me. Anywhere from late September to early November is my guess.

I was going to say that aswell! My best friend is due October 3rd and is a very similar shape to Charlotte.

More than half way point, I would say. I cant imagine why they would not announce a marriage. Especially because at this point, this kid is the eventual heir if it's born legitimate.

It doesn't have to be born "legitimate", it can be legitimized at any time during its life simply by Gad and Charlotte getting married. If Andrea and Tatiana marry at the end of the month as is rumoured their son Sacha will be legitimized.

Call me old fashion, I am not a prude, but whatever happened to getting married first? Like the old nursery rhyme: first came love, then came marriage, then came baby in a baby carriage. :flowers:
I know a lot of people will think I am judging but seriously I'm not, I just personally think it is better to be married first, accidents happen, so I understand that but in todays world, birth control is available but Monaco seems to not carry any.:lol:

Call me old fashion, I am not a prude, but whatever happened to getting married first? Like the old nursery rhyme: first came love, then came marriage, then came baby in a baby carriage. :flowers:
I know a lot of people will think I am judging but seriously I'm not, I just personally think it is better to be married first, accidents happen, so I understand that but in todays world, birth control is available but Monaco seems to not carry any.:lol:

Not everyone believes in marriage. In a world where 50% of marriages end in divorce, more and more young people are subscribing to the belief that marriage is a ridiculous, out dated notion. They don't believe that they need a piece of paper to to prove their love.

As for "accidents happen" we have no reason to believe that Charlotte's pregnancy (or Sacha for that matter) was an accident. It could be that they want a child more than they want a marriage. I can see some of the advantage of having illegitimate children in a royal family - it can be a way of going "you know, I don't really care for my child to one day be the head of state." There's a lot less pressure on Stephanie's youngest (illegitimate) child in terms of life than there are on the legitimate descendants of Rainier and Grace.

As Charlotte was in a longterm relationship (and Andrea and Tatiana have been together a long time) before Gad I'd think the birth control worked fine up until now.

Why assume it was an accident? It might as easily have been a planned pregnancy. more than 50% of all births in France are to women who have not married their partners. Not a big deal.

I am going to repeat myself, but, I do not think that her pregnancy is unplanned, Grace, Caroline, Stephanie - they all had her first child at the age of 27.
And now... Charlotte ... age - 27.

Last edited:
It's just the reality of the world today. The whole thing is not making me like this Gad too much but as longs as she's happy...I think that's all that matters. I'm still wondering how the family is taking it? Perhaps they're used to stuff like this by now.

Can't tell you how many girls I've seen knocked up in high school and not married. Where I come from, back in the day if a young girl became pregnant and not married, they were sent to live with relatives in Mississippi. Today, it's almost considered normal to have a child without being married.

In Charlotte's case, at least this baby won't have to want for anything and she won't have to worry about putting food on the table for her family.

Whether we agree that there should have been a wedding first, we can just be happy for Charlotte & Gad, and their child.

I am of the opinion that in the developed world, there is virtually no such thing as "unplanned" pregnancies or "surprises" among educated adults. I can almost always find the one little glitch in the "surprise" story inevitably told. At most, it's simply a case of a couple willing to play roulette, and therefore invite the inevitable.

But that said, I really don't care if she planned it or not. People plan it all out and are horrible parents, others are surprised (cough) and make wonderful parents. Hopefully all goes well, and they'll be fine parents.

I am of the opinion that in the developed world, there is virtually no such thing as "unplanned" pregnancies or "surprises" among educated adults. I can almost always find the one little glitch in the "surprise" story inevitably told. At most, it's simply a case of a couple willing to play roulette, and therefore invite the inevitable.

But that said, I really don't care if she planned it or not. People plan it all out and are horrible parents, others are surprised (cough) and make wonderful parents. Hopefully all goes well, and they'll be fine parents.

I donno, Giraffe. I know a couple of adults who were just that.. I don't have words for it. I worked with a girl who managed to get pregnant 3 times in the course of a year once, and was surprised every time.

Amen GG...I agree with every word!

Gad Elmaleh doesn't strike many people(me included) as the ideal mate for Princess Caroline's gorgeous older daughter. But he is indeed uber charming. I can kind of understand what she sees in him. ;)

And ultimately it's not my choice to make. For the sake of the child, I hope Charlotte is able to break the notorious "Grimaldi curse" and have a happy marriage/life with the guy if that is indeed what she chooses.

Last edited:
I donno, Giraffe. I know a couple of adults who were just that.. I don't have words for it. I worked with a girl who managed to get pregnant 3 times in the course of a year once, and was surprised every time.

Yeah, but if you were a fly on the wall those times, you wouldn't be surprised at all. People often don't operate on a conscious level. Just sayin'.

No reason to think Charlotte was one of those "surprised," the stigma is gone from single motherhood in a lot of societies, including European societies. Some vestiges do remain in American societies, however.

In that social set, with the advantages of money, education and healthcare afforded to them, that pregnancy couldn't have been unplanned. I really believe that this is what Charlotte and Gad want and I'm sure the baby will be brought up in a very loving and close-knit atmosphere, whether or not the relationship lasts. The Grimaldis/Casiraghis are a tight family that will nurture that child.

I really do hope everything will workout for Charlotte and the baby. Relationships aren't perfect but I hope she won't end up being a single mother.

A couple of posts that had no longer anything to do with Charlotte Casiraghi have been deleted as off-topic.

Amen GG...I agree with every word!

Gad Elmaleh doesn't strike many people(me included) as the ideal mate for Princess Caroline's gorgeous older daughter. But he is indeed uber charming. I can kind of understand what she sees in him. ;)

And ultimately it's not my choice to make. For the sake of the child, I hope Charlotte is able to break the notorious "Grimaldi curse" and have a happy marriage/life with the guy if that is indeed what she chooses.

I only hope that she can be happy with Gad and be a wonderful mother to her child :flowers:
While I would have hoped for someone her age who has not been married before, I can see why she is fascinated by Gad Elmaleh,he seems to have a charming personality. As an actor who has played in comedies I am sure she will never get bored with him;-) A magazine wrote that he also speaks Arabic,Hebrew and French.

Gad is very witty indeed, nice to see Hello! magazine taking the high road unlike that putrid piece of trash 'The Daily Mail' that called him a jester. Charlotte looks incredibly beautiful and happy these days. :)

As someone said, I think we might need a Charlotte and Gad common thread at some point.

I have no doubt that the baby was planned, Charlotte looks like she 'came home' in her relationship with Gad, given he already has a son from a previous relationship and wasnt married then I dont think the idea appeals to him and when I look at Charlottes circle: many of her friends have babies without getting married, its kind of chic these days.

I would be surprised if the story about engagement is true, I dont see them getting married at all and being comfortable about it.

GG I do agree with you about "surprise" pregnancies among well educated affluent adults. However, I do know of two whose birth control failed, not all methods are 100%, even pills.
The only positive I can see to this situation is that Charlotte seems utterly besotted.
For someone for whom everything came so easily, this whole situation is a challenge for her. I think her due date is around her late grandmother's birthday and she will have a girl.
I also noted how all three women, Grace, Caroline and now Charlotte, were all 27 for their first child. I do remember an interview Grace gave explaining that she thought that the earliest age to sanely begin a family.

I am going to repeat myself, but, I do not think that her pregnancy is unplanned, Grace, Caroline, Stephanie - they all had her first child at the age of 27.
And now... Charlotte ... age - 27.

I recall an interview with Grace during Caroline's engagement to Junot, in which she said she hoped Caroline would not have a baby right away, she herself had her first at 27, and "That's a good age." Hmmmm.

Didn't Charlotte's previous boyfriend went on to have a baby with another girl after they broke up?

Didn't Charlotte's previous boyfriend went on to have a baby with another girl after they broke up?

Yes, Alex Dellal and his fiancée Elisa Sednaoui got a son on 31st May, Jack Zeitoun Dellal.

That's what I remember hearing about. Looks like they both moved on fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom