Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 38: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a gossip page but this morning in the newspaper of Monaco matin, there is a report about the birth of the prince of Cambridge; it made also a resume about the events which could happen this year with the family Casiraghi.

First , the reporter says that there is a rumor who announced a family meeting at the end of august, the reporter asks' if it is true, is it for a baptism or a wedding of Andréa and Tatiana?'

The reporter adds after the Parisien' a newspaper', Gad El Maleh and Charlotte Casiraghi could marry in september'

Disappointment regarding Charlotte's pregnancy aside (yes, I'm that conservative), we must take into account that this may have been an unplanned pregnancy. I refuse to accept the fact that she wanted an out-of-wedlock child with Gad! In addition, she's a catholic and probably firmly against abortion. Anyhow, those are my excuses for her.

And yes, all these lose fitting outfits point to pregnancy. She has not had on a tight fitting outfit on her for a good 2 months now.
I do not think that her pregnancy is unplanned, all of the women in the family had their first child at the age of 27. ;) Grace had her first child when she was 27 years and 2 months old, Caroline had her first child when she was 27 years and 5 months old and Stephanie had her first child when she was 27 years and 9 months old.
So I have expected Charlotte to have her first child this year or the next year because she will be 27-years old in 2013 and 2014. :flowers:

I really don't think she's that catholic. Maybe only for the tradition, but I don't think she's the type of girl that prays every night and goes to mass every week.

Don't get me wrong, but I see her as a immature lady. She's rich, she's gorgeous, she know the most known persons of the world, so she can have anything.
I doubt that baby was unplanned. Gad is 42, maybe he wanted a 2d child before being too old, Charlotte wanted kids too. I don't know, but this doesn't seem like an unplanned pregnancy and I strongly doubt she's a girl who will have moral problems with issues like abortion.

I completely agree. The Grimaldis are what is known as "cultural Catholics". They are baptized and basically only ever appear in church on special occasions.

I have noticed that posters on these Forums make a lot of assumptions about Catholic royals and aristocrats, for example that they all take their religion seriously. Some of them do. The Casiraghi/Grimaldis don't. :sad:

As for abortion, I seriously doubt that a young woman who lives openly with her lover for the 2nd or 3rd time has any moral problems with abortion. Charlotte is pregnant because she wants to be.

Last edited:
Wow, Monaco is gonna be very festive those upcoming months!
Everything is so quick for Charlotte. At least for me, everything is running really fast regarding her personal situation and choices! But it is better that is going to get married before the birth of her child.
*Everything reminds me of the moves of her mother when on the same age (27). Ιt's so bizarre and funny like it's happening on purpose!

I think Charlotte did want a baby with Gad. I see him as her father figure and lover. She had to get pregnant first to marry him. She is Catholic and he is Jewish. I remember the time Princess Caroline wanted to marry her live in actor boyfriend and Prince Rainer said no because he was Jewish. I remember the actor would not convert to Catholicism. I think that was wrong and maybe Caroline would be married and happy now instead of separated from her Prince.

I think Charlotte remembers growing up without a traditional father and it was at the time this actor was her father figure. He left her too. I always thought she found him again in Gad. If they marry this will be a first time marriage for both I believe. It will be interesting to see if it is just a civil wedding, traditional Catholic or a combo Priest/ Rabbi performing the wedding.

I think Charlotte did want a baby with Gad. I see him as her father figure and lover. She had to get pregnant first to marry him. She is Catholic and he is Jewish. I remember the time Princess Caroline wanted to marry her live in actor boyfriend and Prince Rainer said no because he was Jewish. I remember the actor would not convert to Catholicism. I think that was wrong and maybe Caroline would be married and happy now instead of separated from her Prince.

I think Charlotte remembers growing up without a traditional father and it was at the time this actor was her father figure. He left her too. I always thought she found him again in Gad. If they marry this will be a first time marriage for both I believe. It will be interesting to see if it is just a civil wedding, traditional Catholic or a combo Priest/ Rabbi performing the wedding.

Psychological analysis aside, the bottom line remains:
Charlotte - 26, rich, beautiful, no baggage
Gad - 42, baggage and ugly.
Who won the pot in this relationship: Gad.

But then, none of Rainier's daughters had good taste in men (or luck, for that matter). And this was passed on to the next generation, it seems. The next ones to make a fault pas will be Alexandra, Pauline, Camille.

Well, i think that beauty is not the most important thing. I remember Alex, who is not the most handsome man my eyes have seen, but i prefer him better than Gad. And i wouldn't have a problem if Char had decided to unite her life with him. Actually i really like him and with Elisa Sednaoui. Even if she is far more beautiful than him!
What i personally keep in that whole story is what kind of perspective and interest are going to have these two people. I think marriage is changing people (although i can't be sure, because it is too early for me to move to that step), but what interest can these two people have? Until now i guess Charlotte is exciting living the "mortal" life that has never experienced before, and Gad is enjoying all the glamour and the life of the rich Charlotte.
So, yes, i agree with the statement above!
But it's Charlotte's life, so she can do whatever she wants!

Last edited:
To me it looks that Charlotte has looked much happier than ever before now when she is with Gad. The looks isn't the most important thing in the world, but imo Gad isn't ugly at all.

Psychological analysis aside, the bottom line remains:
Charlotte - 26, rich, beautiful, no baggage
Gad - 42, baggage and ugly.
Who won the pot in this relationship: Gad.

But then, none of Rainier's daughters had good taste in men (or luck, for that matter). And this was passed on to the next generation, it seems. The next ones to make a fault pas will be Alexandra, Pauline, Camille.
It does not matter If he is ugly or not, because he is sympathetic. That is the most important thing, not the looks. :whistling: I would not have liked him If he was good looking but unsympathetic. So I prefer the things the way they are.
As for her brothers: I like Tatiana - because I find her both sympathetic and pretty, but I dislike Beatrice because I find her just pretty, but not sympathetic.

I basically agree with your sentiments but that statement confuses me....why did she "have" to get pregnant first?

Also I have read a couple of interviews with Vincent Lindon. It wasn't just the religious issues that came between him and Caroline. He implied a basic incompatibility with her lifestyle.

I was a bit surprised with the speed and intensity of Caroline's relationship with him. It began within months of the death of Stefano, her great love.

I don't think Gad would have been my choice for Charlotte, but I think he is far from ugly. Caroline and Stephanie had odd taste in men, and Charlotte seems to have it as well.:sad:

Last edited:
To me it looks that Charlotte has looked much happier than ever before now when she is with Gad. The looks isn't the most important thing in the world, but imo Gad isn't ugly at all.

Yes, she does look happy. Gad is not ugly either and wealthy in his own right. I think he must be very entertaining and helping to Charlotte with her baggage. I really don't think anybody living doesn't have baggage even Gad.

I just hope if they marry the can stay married.;)

I basically agree with your sentiments but that statement confuses me....why did she "have" to get pregnant first?

Also I have read a couple of interview with Vincent Lindon. It wasn't just the religious issues that came between him and Caroline. He implied a basic incompatibility with her lifestyle.

I was a bit surprised with the speed and intensity of Caroline's relationship with him. It began within months of the death of Stefano, her great love.

My take is because of religious differences maybe her family would reject Gad. Getting pregnant her mother would want her to marry.

Thanks for the name. I read somewhere that Princess Caroline father wanted him to convert. He wouldn't. If Vincent implied a basic incompatibility with her lifestyle couldn't that be religion? ;)

Lindon implied that royal protocol, the amount of publicity and constant cameras, and being under Rainier's thumb doomed his relationship with Caroline. He also balked at having to convert, but that was not the main thing. He could have refused to convert, but agreed to raise their children as Catholics.

Lindon implied that royal protocol, the amount of publicity and constant cameras, and being under Rainier's thumb doomed his relationship with Caroline. He also balked at having to convert, but that was not the main thing. He could have refused to convert, but agreed to raise their children as Catholics.

In the United States that is true if you are Jewish and not Orthodox, but aboard almost Jews are Orthodox. It probably was Rainer bidding that deterred him. BTW, Stephenie's youngest daughter's father is Jewish I believe. Stephenie never married him. Prince Rainer again?;)

In the United States that is true if you are Jewish and not Orthodox, but aboard almost Jews are Orthodox. It probably was Rainer bidding that deterred him. BTW, Stephenie's youngest daughter's father is Jewish I believe. Stephenie never married him. Prince Rainer again?;)
Is he really Jewish? :ohmy:

Is he really Jewish? :ohmy:

Yes, he's jewish and moroccan actually, some people think he's french, but he got the french citizenship just recently, he's born in Morocco in Casablanca where he lived till age of 17, and where his parents still live, they are both moroccan.

Yes, he's jewish and moroccan actually, some people think he's french, but he got the french citizenship just recently, he's born in Morocco in Casablanca where he lived till age of 17, and where his parents still live, they are both moroccan.

I knew he was of Middle eastern descent, but didn't know he was Jewish, I thought Muslim.

Gad is a Hebrew name (one of the twelve sons of Jacob), so I thought he might be Jewish.

I don't think Caroline would prevent her daughter from marrying the man she loves because of religion. She doesn't come across as that kind of mother.

Caroline has no moral authority to preach to her children when she did almost everything in her youth to antagonized her parents.You reap what you sow.She could still be there to lend her support to Charlotte.I wonder how the italian Casiraghis are dealing with this tho.Apart from Stefano, the rest had traditional wedding,.meaning, wedding first before children.

Last edited:
Caroline has no moral authority to preach to her children when she did almost everything in her youth to antagonized her parents.You reap what you sow.She could still be there to lend her support to Charlotte.I wonder how the italian Casiraghis are dealing with this tho.Apart from Stefano, the rest had traditional wedding,.meaning, wedding first before children.

Although Caroline did everythng in her youth, she was very critical for Staphanie's way of living and thinking. I think she would be more careful about Charlotte's choices.

I agree. She looks much less snobbish than with Alex and to me Gad looks quite interesting. When I saw him first I thought he looked similar to Daniel Ducruet. I think Gad is good for her, gives her a better grounding than the jetset clique that surrounded Alex.

Although Caroline did everythng in her youth, she was very critical for Staphanie's way of living and thinking. I think she would be more careful about Charlotte's choices.

Agree, I remember very well her attitude towards Stephanie and Daniel when she got pregnant with Louis.Hoity toity against others and yet, a diff set of rule towards her own.

Times when Stefanie got pregnant were completely different than now. And Stephanie was the daughter of a ruling prince, third in line to the throne!
Charlotte is a private person, and despite i do not adore Gad, he is a very talented and succesful person. Daniel was a very low choise, and the way he treated Stephanie confirmed this.

eh, it did'nt happen in the 50s or 60s.Daughter of ruling prince or not, sister is a sister.It's family..but few years after, she got pregnant by Ernst who ended up humilliating her too by kissing another woman in the beach whilst still married to her.Enough said.

Gad maybe talented or succesful in his field but his personal historynin women is sketchy.Charlotte jumped into this relationship right after her breakup with Alex, also, she has never been single. Time will tell how this relationship will go.

Last edited:
I am surprised, that it is a big discussions about the pregnancy of Charlotte, I thought, lot of paparazzis would follow her in these days to show better pictures about her to know if she is really pregnant or not. And we don't see any photos about her. Where can she stay? I don't think, that she lives now every day only in an apartmant and doesn't go on the street. But no photos... Interesting. It means that she can live a quite normal life? Or the paparazzis learned their lesson with Caroline and with her lawsuits again paparazziphotos?

I am surprised, that it is a big discussions about the pregnancy of Charlotte, I thought, lot of paparazzis would follow her in these days to show better pictures about her to know if she is really pregnant or not. And we don't see any photos about her. Where can she stay? I don't think, that she lives now every day only in an apartmant and doesn't go on the street. But no photos... Interesting. It means that she can live a quite normal life? Or the paparazzis learned their lesson with Caroline and with her lawsuits again paparazziphotos?

Maybe she is in St-Clos Pierre (Caroline's house in Monaco). It's a large house with piscine etc. Caroline has also "disappeared". Maybe she is with her daughter.

Maybe the are all on board of Pacha.

As for journalists, I think they are so sure that she is pregnant, that there is not even a reason to pursue her...

I noticed too that since Charlotte is with Gad, there are less pictures of her.
He said in an interview that he avoids the celebrity life, for instance not going to Saint-Tropez in august, maybe she's living by his philosophy now.

I noticed too that since Charlotte is with Gad, there are less pictures of her.
He said in an interview that he avoids the celebrity life, for instance not going to Saint-Tropez in august, maybe she's living by his philosophy now.

Hmm.. no doubt.. she has always been adopting the philosophy of her boyfriends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom