Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 38: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In her position, I would never work a job. I would simply enjoy life as she does.

Why take a job someone really needs when she doesn't have to earn her living ?

:previous:

Best answer on the topic, ever.

Her occasional projects probably allow her to earn more in a few sessions than most of us earn in a year. We could get jealous, or we could get over it. Rich people have rich people problems too. :D

thanks, priyanka! I like her outfit. She actually makes it look interesting, because the outfit itself is nothing special.

She is nice, but finally I prefer her in long hair. she was more regal.

Will we see her at Cannes this year? I hope so. I'm really curious to see what Gucci does to her hair

:previous:

Best answer on the topic, ever.

Her occasional projects probably allow her to earn more in a few sessions than most of us earn in a year. We could get jealous, or we could get over it. Rich people have rich people problems too. :D

I agree. After all, there's one saying that goes : "Money makes money "

Did Charlotte go to Cannes festival?

Last edited by a moderator:
This year's festival runs from May 15 to May 26 - if she had attended one of the official events so far, we would have seen pics of that for sure. We do not know whether she'll attend any of the still coming events - we'll see..:)

She looks lovely in the spread, albeit a tad boring. She's such a gorgeous girl, I wish they would've done something more interesting with her. I don't know. Something about the styling and the pictures themselves just bored me to tears. I haven't read the interview yet, but I know one thing, she can't really complain about her privacy after this and expect to be taken seriously. At this point, she's putting herself out there, which I don't mind--she's gorgeous and has some degree of interest in fashion even if it's not as passionate as say Eugenie's or Tatiana's or Margherita's--only, it's going to be hard for her to pull the "I just want my privacy; I didn't ask for the attention" card.

could someone translate the interview, please??
I like the short green jacket she's wearing! I waaant it:wub:

She looks lovely in the spread, albeit a tad boring. She's such a gorgeous girl, I wish they would've done something more interesting with her. I don't know. Something about the styling and the pictures themselves just bored me to tears. I haven't read the interview yet, but I know one thing, she can't really complain about her privacy after this and expect to be taken seriously. At this point, she's putting herself out there, which I don't mind--she's gorgeous and has some degree of interest in fashion even if it's not as passionate as say Eugenie's or Tatiana's or Margherita's--only, it's going to be hard for her to pull the "I just want my privacy; I didn't ask for the attention" card.
I agree with majority of your post, but I should say that it's a bit unfair to blame the styling and editors for the spread being boring. It's actually the subject that makes the photograph interesting. I think people are so used to seeing professional models and actors in magazines that they expect someone like Charlotte have the same quality of print work just because she is pretty, while in reality the most interesting photographs are of people who are able to project themselves in front of the camera. Charlotte is not a model/actress with natural talent for it and she does not yet have a strong presence like her mother or aunt, which is why whatever the styling her photos can look slightly boring/awkward/photoshopped to hell. In my personal opinion they've done better than Vogue or Self Service with her, because, although boring, she does not look as awkward in her poses and the photos are all about her, not about the make-up/outfit/setting. Perhaps with time she will get more comfortable with shoots, with herself etc and her photos will be more interesting, styled or not:) But it's slightly unfair to say that any gorgeous girl can be made interesting. If that was the case people like Kate Moss wouldn't be as big as they are. Charlotte always looks more interesting in candids, just because you can see a bit of her personality there:) Just my opinion, of course

I agree with majority of your post, but I should say that it's a bit unfair to blame the styling and editors for the spread being boring. It's actually the subject that makes the photograph interesting. I think people are so used to seeing professional models and actors in magazines that they expect someone like Charlotte have the same quality of print work just because she is pretty, while in reality the most interesting photographs are of people who are able to project themselves in front of the camera. Charlotte is not a model/actress with natural talent for it and she does not yet have a strong presence like her mother or aunt, which is why whatever the styling her photos can look slightly boring/awkward/photoshopped to hell. In my personal opinion they've done better than Vogue or Self Service with her, because, although boring, she does not look as awkward in her poses and the photos are all about her, not about the make-up/outfit/setting. Perhaps with time she will get more comfortable with shoots, with herself etc and her photos will be more interesting, styled or not:) But it's slightly unfair to say that any gorgeous girl can be made interesting. If that was the case people like Kate Moss wouldn't be as big as they are. Charlotte always looks more interesting in candids, just because you can see a bit of her personality there:) Just my opinion, of course

I agree with you completely, but I think you misunderstood me. I never said nor did I mean to imply that beauty alone automatically equals interesting. If that were the case, so many of these up-and-coming actors/actresses would be able to gain the star power of a Brad Pitt or George Clooney simply by reason of looks alone. As we all know that's not the case. Some of these pretty boys and girls have no talent and no charisma to make up for it; they're just cute. And your example with Kate Moss is appropriate, too.

What I mean is, Charlotte has a very universal appeal with her beauty and I think they should've utilized it more. She's got classic looks and thin frame that would work in pretty much anything. No, she's not a model and her lack of presence has been discussed before. I don't expect her to be anywhere on the same par in a photoshoot as Cara Delevingne or Keira Knightley, both of whom have experience and presence. But I think they could have done a lot more with Charlotte than what's been presented. That's all I meant.

Thank you for these brand new pics. :)

Unfortunately I have to say I'm not impressed, especially the cover photo, it makes her look like a guy. In fact I thought it was her elder brother Andrea. :eek: (not the more attractive brother Pierre either).

Until this moment I honest to God never thought it was possible to make Charlotte look unattractive ever, but almost all of these brand new photos have proven me wrong. :sad:

Such a naturally gorgeous girl, what a pity, but these photos don't do her justice. And I have to say imho part of the problem is that as she gets older her features are becoming more androgynous, like Princess Stephanie, therefore to alleviate that hard male square face she needs to soften it a bit with a more feminine hairstyle, which means longer, softer, more feminine hair (ala Kate Middleton in fact). Alas, I plead guilty, I honestly thought short hair would look good on her, like it does on her aunt Princess Charlene, but that's not the case. She looks better a heck of a LOT better in long hair. But I give her kudos for being daring and trying a different hairstyle, otherwise how else is one to know what looks best on one. :cool:

On a positive note, I can't believe I actually like her lighter shade of blonde hair, which I never in my wildest dreams would have thought possible, as I am a traditionalist and believe that the hair one was brought into this world as should remain the same. And that means if you are not a natural blonde don't try to be one later on in life. :p BUT I must say the *honey* blonde hair looks splendid on Charlotte (also it's good to note that when she was a baby her hair was naturally blonde)...

Hmmm, actually upon reflection the only two photos that I hate are the cover photo and the one where she's laughing. The other ones are pretty darn good, lol, it's just that hairstyle, which in reality is not a hairstyle, just short hair, like she just rolled out of bed and took a pair of scissors and chopped her long hair off. No style whatsoever. Now if she actually had a professional short hairstyle I might change my mind about her short hair. Like a pixie cut or a layered one, something with style. Anyhow that's just my opinion.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend everyone!:flowers:

I don't think she was interviewed for this.
It's just older quotes of her.
The article was written by Mazarine Pingeot, the daughter of President Mitterand.

I agree with you completely, but I think you misunderstood me. I never said nor did I mean to imply that beauty alone automatically equals interesting. If that were the case, so many of these up-and-coming actors/actresses would be able to gain the star power of a Brad Pitt or George Clooney simply by reason of looks alone. As we all know that's not the case. Some of these pretty boys and girls have no talent and no charisma to make up for it; they're just cute. And your example with Kate Moss is appropriate, too.

What I mean is, Charlotte has a very universal appeal with her beauty and I think they should've utilized it more. She's got classic looks and thin frame that would work in pretty much anything. No, she's not a model and her lack of presence has been discussed before. I don't expect her to be anywhere on the same par in a photoshoot as Cara Delevingne or Keira Knightley, both of whom have experience and presence. But I think they could have done a lot more with Charlotte than what's been presented. That's all I meant.

Oh, in that case I agree completely:) Sorry, I misunderstood you!:)

Don't you think that the French jurnalism is weird? Those of you who know French or are native speakers, does this article about Charlotte seem unnatural to you?

Don't you think that the French jurnalism is weird? Those of you who know French or are native speakers, does this article about Charlotte seem unnatural to you?

Marisaa,you are right :lol:
The linguistic style of Elle France has more to do with litterature than with journalism.The magazine was founded by a woman who wanted to promote independant women.A lot of their collaborators have no journalistic formation.
Since it's foundation,many authors have written for this magazine or have their books promoted by Elle.
This article of Elle is written by Mazarine Pingeot who is a writer and has a degree in philosophy (she teaches it in university).
The majority of readers of this magazine are generally highly educated( in term of scholarship) which isn't the case of the magazine closer IMO ;)

Last edited:
What a pity that she didn't attend any event at Cannes!
The new Elle's editorial about her tastes bittersweet for me.
Related to the photos... I like it (OMG, the green jacket! I'm in love! :wub:) but I think that it could have been way better, it has nothing to do with the Mario Testino photographs for Vogue Fr.
Related to the text, I can't give my opinion because I can't speak French. It's not the first time I read comments about how unusual is the French edition.

PS: New in this forum, 1st message! :)

Yes, I'm in two minds about the cover - not flattering, but it is striking, and I admire this and the one of her laughing - such a nice contrast to the usual pout. Interesting comments from Nadine about Charlotte's features and the comparison to Stephanie - I tend to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom