The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 05-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 168
Did Charlotte go to Cannes festival?
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,100
This year's festival runs from May 15 to May 26 - if she had attended one of the official events so far, we would have seen pics of that for sure. We do not know whether she'll attend any of the still coming events - we'll see..
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #43  
Old 05-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: roma, Italy
Posts: 272
charlotte, this week on the cover of Elle ..

Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte Casiraghi en Une du magazine Elle France


http://art8amby.wordpress.com/2013/0...may-24th-2013/

many new wonderful photos!!!


Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte Casiraghi en Une du magazine Elle France
__________________
  #44  
Old 05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 551
She looks lovely in the spread, albeit a tad boring. She's such a gorgeous girl, I wish they would've done something more interesting with her. I don't know. Something about the styling and the pictures themselves just bored me to tears. I haven't read the interview yet, but I know one thing, she can't really complain about her privacy after this and expect to be taken seriously. At this point, she's putting herself out there, which I don't mind--she's gorgeous and has some degree of interest in fashion even if it's not as passionate as say Eugenie's or Tatiana's or Margherita's--only, it's going to be hard for her to pull the "I just want my privacy; I didn't ask for the attention" card.
__________________
  #45  
Old 05-24-2013, 05:17 PM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,040
could someone translate the interview, please??
I like the short green jacket she's wearing! I waaant it
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #46  
Old 05-24-2013, 06:28 PM
maya35's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
She looks lovely in the spread, albeit a tad boring. She's such a gorgeous girl, I wish they would've done something more interesting with her. I don't know. Something about the styling and the pictures themselves just bored me to tears. I haven't read the interview yet, but I know one thing, she can't really complain about her privacy after this and expect to be taken seriously. At this point, she's putting herself out there, which I don't mind--she's gorgeous and has some degree of interest in fashion even if it's not as passionate as say Eugenie's or Tatiana's or Margherita's--only, it's going to be hard for her to pull the "I just want my privacy; I didn't ask for the attention" card.
I agree with majority of your post, but I should say that it's a bit unfair to blame the styling and editors for the spread being boring. It's actually the subject that makes the photograph interesting. I think people are so used to seeing professional models and actors in magazines that they expect someone like Charlotte have the same quality of print work just because she is pretty, while in reality the most interesting photographs are of people who are able to project themselves in front of the camera. Charlotte is not a model/actress with natural talent for it and she does not yet have a strong presence like her mother or aunt, which is why whatever the styling her photos can look slightly boring/awkward/photoshopped to hell. In my personal opinion they've done better than Vogue or Self Service with her, because, although boring, she does not look as awkward in her poses and the photos are all about her, not about the make-up/outfit/setting. Perhaps with time she will get more comfortable with shoots, with herself etc and her photos will be more interesting, styled or not:) But it's slightly unfair to say that any gorgeous girl can be made interesting. If that was the case people like Kate Moss wouldn't be as big as they are. Charlotte always looks more interesting in candids, just because you can see a bit of her personality there:) Just my opinion, of course
__________________
  #47  
Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,658
My kingdom for that green jacket !!!!
__________________
  #48  
Old 05-24-2013, 08:35 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 874
Anyone know what she's saying in this video with Gad... looks interesting.

Public Zap : Gad Elmaleh et Charlotte Casiraghi : le nouveau it couple ?!
__________________
  #49  
Old 05-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by maya35 View Post
I agree with majority of your post, but I should say that it's a bit unfair to blame the styling and editors for the spread being boring. It's actually the subject that makes the photograph interesting. I think people are so used to seeing professional models and actors in magazines that they expect someone like Charlotte have the same quality of print work just because she is pretty, while in reality the most interesting photographs are of people who are able to project themselves in front of the camera. Charlotte is not a model/actress with natural talent for it and she does not yet have a strong presence like her mother or aunt, which is why whatever the styling her photos can look slightly boring/awkward/photoshopped to hell. In my personal opinion they've done better than Vogue or Self Service with her, because, although boring, she does not look as awkward in her poses and the photos are all about her, not about the make-up/outfit/setting. Perhaps with time she will get more comfortable with shoots, with herself etc and her photos will be more interesting, styled or not:) But it's slightly unfair to say that any gorgeous girl can be made interesting. If that was the case people like Kate Moss wouldn't be as big as they are. Charlotte always looks more interesting in candids, just because you can see a bit of her personality there:) Just my opinion, of course
I agree with you completely, but I think you misunderstood me. I never said nor did I mean to imply that beauty alone automatically equals interesting. If that were the case, so many of these up-and-coming actors/actresses would be able to gain the star power of a Brad Pitt or George Clooney simply by reason of looks alone. As we all know that's not the case. Some of these pretty boys and girls have no talent and no charisma to make up for it; they're just cute. And your example with Kate Moss is appropriate, too.

What I mean is, Charlotte has a very universal appeal with her beauty and I think they should've utilized it more. She's got classic looks and thin frame that would work in pretty much anything. No, she's not a model and her lack of presence has been discussed before. I don't expect her to be anywhere on the same par in a photoshoot as Cara Delevingne or Keira Knightley, both of whom have experience and presence. But I think they could have done a lot more with Charlotte than what's been presented. That's all I meant.
__________________
  #50  
Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 624

Thank you for these brand new pics. :)

Unfortunately I have to say I'm not impressed, especially the cover photo, it makes her look like a guy. In fact I thought it was her elder brother Andrea. (not the more attractive brother Pierre either).

Until this moment I honest to God never thought it was possible to make Charlotte look unattractive ever, but almost all of these brand new photos have proven me wrong.

Such a naturally gorgeous girl, what a pity, but these photos don't do her justice. And I have to say imho part of the problem is that as she gets older her features are becoming more androgynous, like Princess Stephanie, therefore to alleviate that hard male square face she needs to soften it a bit with a more feminine hairstyle, which means longer, softer, more feminine hair (ala Kate Middleton in fact). Alas, I plead guilty, I honestly thought short hair would look good on her, like it does on her aunt Princess Charlene, but that's not the case. She looks better a heck of a LOT better in long hair. But I give her kudos for being daring and trying a different hairstyle, otherwise how else is one to know what looks best on one.

On a positive note, I can't believe I actually like her lighter shade of blonde hair, which I never in my wildest dreams would have thought possible, as I am a traditionalist and believe that the hair one was brought into this world as should remain the same. And that means if you are not a natural blonde don't try to be one later on in life. BUT I must say the *honey* blonde hair looks splendid on Charlotte (also it's good to note that when she was a baby her hair was naturally blonde)...

Hmmm, actually upon reflection the only two photos that I hate are the cover photo and the one where she's laughing. The other ones are pretty darn good, lol, it's just that hairstyle, which in reality is not a hairstyle, just short hair, like she just rolled out of bed and took a pair of scissors and chopped her long hair off. No style whatsoever. Now if she actually had a professional short hairstyle I might change my mind about her short hair. Like a pixie cut or a layered one, something with style. Anyhow that's just my opinion.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend everyone!
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #51  
Old 05-25-2013, 10:54 AM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,790
I hate the cover. It doesn't even look like Charlotte.

But the rest is very nice and she seems more confortable than in other previous interviews.
I love her hairstyle in this photo
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/728...linefizz03.jpg
__________________
  #52  
Old 05-25-2013, 11:09 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
I hate the cover. It doesn't even look like Charlotte.

But the rest is very nice and she seems more confortable than in other previous interviews.
I love her hairstyle in this photo
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/728...linefizz03.jpg
That's the best photo of her. Plus, this is the best outfit.
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #53  
Old 05-25-2013, 12:10 PM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is online now
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 911
I don't think she was interviewed for this.
It's just older quotes of her.
The article was written by Mazarine Pingeot, the daughter of President Mitterand.
__________________
  #54  
Old 05-25-2013, 02:39 PM
maya35's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
I agree with you completely, but I think you misunderstood me. I never said nor did I mean to imply that beauty alone automatically equals interesting. If that were the case, so many of these up-and-coming actors/actresses would be able to gain the star power of a Brad Pitt or George Clooney simply by reason of looks alone. As we all know that's not the case. Some of these pretty boys and girls have no talent and no charisma to make up for it; they're just cute. And your example with Kate Moss is appropriate, too.

What I mean is, Charlotte has a very universal appeal with her beauty and I think they should've utilized it more. She's got classic looks and thin frame that would work in pretty much anything. No, she's not a model and her lack of presence has been discussed before. I don't expect her to be anywhere on the same par in a photoshoot as Cara Delevingne or Keira Knightley, both of whom have experience and presence. But I think they could have done a lot more with Charlotte than what's been presented. That's all I meant.
Oh, in that case I agree completely:) Sorry, I misunderstood you!
__________________
  #55  
Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Września, Poland
Posts: 138
Don't you think that the French jurnalism is weird? Those of you who know French or are native speakers, does this article about Charlotte seem unnatural to you?
__________________
  #56  
Old 05-25-2013, 08:22 PM
soraya's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: somewhere, France
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
Don't you think that the French jurnalism is weird? Those of you who know French or are native speakers, does this article about Charlotte seem unnatural to you?
Marisaa,you are right
The linguistic style of Elle France has more to do with litterature than with journalism.The magazine was founded by a woman who wanted to promote independant women.A lot of their collaborators have no journalistic formation.
Since it's foundation,many authors have written for this magazine or have their books promoted by Elle.
This article of Elle is written by Mazarine Pingeot who is a writer and has a degree in philosophy (she teaches it in university).
The majority of readers of this magazine are generally highly educated( in term of scholarship) which isn't the case of the magazine closer IMO
__________________
  #57  
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Ruolmag's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 3
What a pity that she didn't attend any event at Cannes!
The new Elle's editorial about her tastes bittersweet for me.
Related to the photos... I like it (OMG, the green jacket! I'm in love! ) but I think that it could have been way better, it has nothing to do with the Mario Testino photographs for Vogue Fr.
Related to the text, I can't give my opinion because I can't speak French. It's not the first time I read comments about how unusual is the French edition.

PS: New in this forum, 1st message!
__________________
  #58  
Old 05-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,678
Yes, I'm in two minds about the cover - not flattering, but it is striking, and I admire this and the one of her laughing - such a nice contrast to the usual pout. Interesting comments from Nadine about Charlotte's features and the comparison to Stephanie - I tend to agree.
__________________
  #59  
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Ruolmag's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post


, Ruolmag!!!Have a nice stay!!
Thanks Azure!!

Where's Charlotte???!
__________________
  #60  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,219
The Princess' Diaries | Spletnik.ru
__________________

__________________
"To watch the sun sink behind a flower clad hill.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Closed Thread

Tags
charlotte casiraghi


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events Part 26: April 2013 Zonk Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh 814 Yesterday 05:49 PM
Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - Zonk The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 307 04-04-2014 05:03 PM
British Royal Family Current Events 6: April 2013 - December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 621 01-01-2014 10:32 AM
The Royal Family of the Netherlands, Current Events Part 3 (April 2007 - May 2013) Empress Current Events Archive 426 05-01-2013 01:18 PM
Willem-Alexander & Máxima; Current Events, Part 8 (November 2008 - April 2013) Marengo Current Events Archive 437 04-29-2013 10:04 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture of the month picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]