The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
No, royal children born out of wedlock do not have succession rights and often no rights to titles. In 2013 nobody is discussing the illegitimacy of a royal child as anything other than the legalities - none of us attribute any negative connotations to these kids. We're discussing royalty and therefore, legitimacy and illegitimacy are legitimate topics. Pun intended.
While I agree with the sentiment in general, it bears noting that while illegitimate children don't generally have succession or title rights, in some countries children born out of wedlock but subsequently legitimized by their parents' marriage do have such rights.

In Monaco, illegitimate children cannot inherit, however children born out of wedlock can (I believe so long as neither of their parents were married to someone else at their birth). This is why Sacha now has inheritance rights, and would be eligible for a title if Caroline or Andrea were to move up).

Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Giambattista Valli speaks of Charlotte in an interview

Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Giambattista Valli parle de Charlotte

Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
While I agree with the sentiment in general, it bears noting that while illegitimate children don't generally have succession or title rights, in some countries children born out of wedlock but subsequently legitimized by their parents' marriage do have such rights.

In Monaco, illegitimate children cannot inherit, however children born out of wedlock can (I believe so long as neither of their parents were married to someone else at their birth). This is why Sacha now has inheritance rights, and would be eligible for a title if Caroline or Andrea were to move up).
You're right, marriage always "legitimizes" any child born before the marriage, in most countries, even in the days when such things mattered for inheritance and other things.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
You're right, marriage always "legitimizes" any child born before the marriage, in most countries, even in the days when such things mattered for inheritance and other things.
Oh, Giraffe, those are my favourite words to hear....
Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Maybe they have been dating for just one year! In my opinion a couple of years is a short time to get married...
The first press stories of Charlotte and Gad dating came out already on January 2012.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The first press stories of Charlotte and Gad dating came out already on January 2012.
They first met in December 2011
Old 10-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

In the past couple of weeks Hola has published a few photos of Charlotte... In the first three pics ( published last week ) we can see Charlotte at Nice airport right after the charity gala at NMNM ( at Villa Paloma ), and in the last pic, publised in this week's issue we see Charlotte doing some shopping in Paris ( by the way, she seems to feel pretty cold in this last photo... ). Enjoy the pics and excuse me for their not so good quality...

http://i40.tinypic.com/2iw9h14.jpg[/IMG]
http://i43.tinypic.com/14bpy1c.jpg[/
http://i44.tinypic.com/29yp9fl.jpg[/I
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m27rxk.jpg[/
Old 10-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Nobility

Carlota Casiraghi vuelve al hipódromo cuando se acerca a la recta final de su embarazo

charlotte goes racecourse
Old 10-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the contribution lazuli and priyanka!!! :)
Old 10-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

In the last pic posted by lazuli, what is she holding? a cigarette?
Old 10-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
In the last pic posted by lazuli, what is she holding? a cigarette?
I believe it's her cellphone. In the first pictures she's clearly holding a white phone, I'd guess an iPhone or something similar in appearance. If you zoom in on her hand in the last one it looks kind of like she's holding her phone in the palm of her hand and looking at it.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

I believe it's her cellphone. In the first pictures she's clearly holding a white phone, I'd guess an iPhone or something similar in appearance. If you zoom in on her hand in the last one it looks kind of like she's holding her phone in the palm of her hand and looking at it.
You are right, it is her cellphone.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Nobility

Charlotte looks blooming like if she were flowers from the wild and gardens. I say this of having not the chance to find a scribing to endear to her and us the audience of principality upon entering the miracle continuance of life and birth renewal passed on by each other onto regality and reliety. I give her my show of address for all her impress. She has everything beautiful which I can tell by her prowess that does not have to stop. Why are you bless and preferred. It appears your eternal spring is filled with warming fire and your steadfastness is flying with armor. Stay safe and incomprehensible as you are as a flower. Merry to you Marie Pomeline.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
You are right, it is her cellphone.

You're right fandesacs, it must be a cellphone. I checked the pic on the magazine and there's no way that what she has in her hand could be a cigarrette. Neither the shape of the object nor the way she's holding it in her hand sugests a cigarrette...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Charlotte has been pictured at the airport in Paris on the weekend:

** Pic ** gallery **
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

She is nice and slim for her situation. She seems she is very careful with her body and the weight she gains because of her pregnancy.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Commoner

Where is Gad? Last I heard: He was in America and claimed he would not be her fiance.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Where is Gad? Last I heard: He was in America and claimed he would not be her fiance.
Gad is today in New York and tomorrow in Toronto with his Tour. On 10th, 11th and 12th he is in Montreal. Yes, Gad said that they are not engaged, so what? They seem to be a happy couple though.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

She travels a lot during her pregnancy, so probably she feels well :-)
Old 10-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte à Fontainebleau

Tags
charlotte casiraghi