The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Call me old fashion, I am not a prude, but whatever happened to getting married first? Like the old nursery rhyme: first came love, then came marriage, then came baby in a baby carriage.
I know a lot of people will think I am judging but seriously I'm not, I just personally think it is better to be married first, accidents happen, so I understand that but in todays world, birth control is available but Monaco seems to not carry any.
Why assume it was an accident? It might as easily have been a planned pregnancy. more than 50% of all births in France are to women who have not married their partners. Not a big deal.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Call me old fashion, I am not a prude, but whatever happened to getting married first? Like the old nursery rhyme: first came love, then came marriage, then came baby in a baby carriage.
I know a lot of people will think I am judging but seriously I'm not, I just personally think it is better to be married first, accidents happen, so I understand that but in todays world, birth control is available but Monaco seems to not carry any.
I am going to repeat myself, but, I do not think that her pregnancy is unplanned, Grace, Caroline, Stephanie - they all had her first child at the age of 27.
And now... Charlotte ... age - 27.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's just the reality of the world today. The whole thing is not making me like this Gad too much but as longs as she's happy...I think that's all that matters. I'm still wondering how the family is taking it? Perhaps they're used to stuff like this by now.

Can't tell you how many girls I've seen knocked up in high school and not married. Where I come from, back in the day if a young girl became pregnant and not married, they were sent to live with relatives in Mississippi. Today, it's almost considered normal to have a child without being married.

In Charlotte's case, at least this baby won't have to want for anything and she won't have to worry about putting food on the table for her family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whether we agree that there should have been a wedding first, we can just be happy for Charlotte & Gad, and their child.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am of the opinion that in the developed world, there is virtually no such thing as "unplanned" pregnancies or "surprises" among educated adults. I can almost always find the one little glitch in the "surprise" story inevitably told. At most, it's simply a case of a couple willing to play roulette, and therefore invite the inevitable.

But that said, I really don't care if she planned it or not. People plan it all out and are horrible parents, others are surprised (cough) and make wonderful parents. Hopefully all goes well, and they'll be fine parents.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I am of the opinion that in the developed world, there is virtually no such thing as "unplanned" pregnancies or "surprises" among educated adults. I can almost always find the one little glitch in the "surprise" story inevitably told. At most, it's simply a case of a couple willing to play roulette, and therefore invite the inevitable.

But that said, I really don't care if she planned it or not. People plan it all out and are horrible parents, others are surprised (cough) and make wonderful parents. Hopefully all goes well, and they'll be fine parents.
I donno, Giraffe. I know a couple of adults who were just that.. I don't have words for it. I worked with a girl who managed to get pregnant 3 times in the course of a year once, and was surprised every time.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Majesty

Amen GG...I agree with every word!

Gad Elmaleh doesn't strike many people(me included) as the ideal mate for Princess Caroline's gorgeous older daughter. But he is indeed uber charming. I can kind of understand what she sees in him.

And ultimately it's not my choice to make. For the sake of the child, I hope Charlotte is able to break the notorious "Grimaldi curse" and have a happy marriage/life with the guy if that is indeed what she chooses.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I donno, Giraffe. I know a couple of adults who were just that.. I don't have words for it. I worked with a girl who managed to get pregnant 3 times in the course of a year once, and was surprised every time.
Yeah, but if you were a fly on the wall those times, you wouldn't be surprised at all. People often don't operate on a conscious level. Just sayin'.

No reason to think Charlotte was one of those "surprised," the stigma is gone from single motherhood in a lot of societies, including European societies. Some vestiges do remain in American societies, however.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

In that social set, with the advantages of money, education and healthcare afforded to them, that pregnancy couldn't have been unplanned. I really believe that this is what Charlotte and Gad want and I'm sure the baby will be brought up in a very loving and close-knit atmosphere, whether or not the relationship lasts. The Grimaldis/Casiraghis are a tight family that will nurture that child.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

I really do hope everything will workout for Charlotte and the baby. Relationships aren't perfect but I hope she won't end up being a single mother.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Administrator

A couple of posts that had no longer anything to do with Charlotte Casiraghi have been deleted as off-topic.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Amen GG...I agree with every word!

Gad Elmaleh doesn't strike many people(me included) as the ideal mate for Princess Caroline's gorgeous older daughter. But he is indeed uber charming. I can kind of understand what she sees in him.

And ultimately it's not my choice to make. For the sake of the child, I hope Charlotte is able to break the notorious "Grimaldi curse" and have a happy marriage/life with the guy if that is indeed what she chooses.
I only hope that she can be happy with Gad and be a wonderful mother to her child
While I would have hoped for someone her age who has not been married before, I can see why she is fascinated by Gad Elmaleh,he seems to have a charming personality. As an actor who has played in comedies I am sure she will never get bored with him;-) A magazine wrote that he also speaks Arabic,Hebrew and French.
. Helen Keller
Old 08-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Hello!
Charlotte Casiraghi and Gad Elmaleh: How France's wittiest man won the heart of Monaco's belle dame - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Nobility

Gad is very witty indeed, nice to see Hello! magazine taking the high road unlike that putrid piece of trash 'The Daily Mail' that called him a jester. Charlotte looks incredibly beautiful and happy these days. :)

As someone said, I think we might need a Charlotte and Gad common thread at some point.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I have no doubt that the baby was planned, Charlotte looks like she 'came home' in her relationship with Gad, given he already has a son from a previous relationship and wasnt married then I dont think the idea appeals to him and when I look at Charlottes circle: many of her friends have babies without getting married, its kind of chic these days.

I would be surprised if the story about engagement is true, I dont see them getting married at all and being comfortable about it.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

GG I do agree with you about "surprise" pregnancies among well educated affluent adults. However, I do know of two whose birth control failed, not all methods are 100%, even pills.
The only positive I can see to this situation is that Charlotte seems utterly besotted.
For someone for whom everything came so easily, this whole situation is a challenge for her. I think her due date is around her late grandmother's birthday and she will have a girl.
I also noted how all three women, Grace, Caroline and now Charlotte, were all 27 for their first child. I do remember an interview Grace gave explaining that she thought that the earliest age to sanely begin a family.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadezhda View Post
I am going to repeat myself, but, I do not think that her pregnancy is unplanned, Grace, Caroline, Stephanie - they all had her first child at the age of 27.
And now... Charlotte ... age - 27.
I recall an interview with Grace during Caroline's engagement to Junot, in which she said she hoped Caroline would not have a baby right away, she herself had her first at 27, and "That's a good age." Hmmmm.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Didn't Charlotte's previous boyfriend went on to have a baby with another girl after they broke up?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Didn't Charlotte's previous boyfriend went on to have a baby with another girl after they broke up?
Yes, Alex Dellal and his fiancée Elisa Sednaoui got a son on 31st May, Jack Zeitoun Dellal.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

That's what I remember hearing about. Looks like they both moved on fast.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
charlotte casiraghi