The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
To me it looks that Charlotte has looked much happier than ever before now when she is with Gad. The looks isn't the most important thing in the world, but imo Gad isn't ugly at all.
Yes, she does look happy. Gad is not ugly either and wealthy in his own right. I think he must be very entertaining and helping to Charlotte with her baggage. I really don't think anybody living doesn't have baggage even Gad.

I just hope if they marry the can stay married.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I basically agree with your sentiments but that statement confuses me....why did she "have" to get pregnant first?

Also I have read a couple of interview with Vincent Lindon. It wasn't just the religious issues that came between him and Caroline. He implied a basic incompatibility with her lifestyle.

I was a bit surprised with the speed and intensity of Caroline's relationship with him. It began within months of the death of Stefano, her great love.
My take is because of religious differences maybe her family would reject Gad. Getting pregnant her mother would want her to marry.

Thanks for the name. I read somewhere that Princess Caroline father wanted him to convert. He wouldn't. If Vincent implied a basic incompatibility with her lifestyle couldn't that be religion?

Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Lindon implied that royal protocol, the amount of publicity and constant cameras, and being under Rainier's thumb doomed his relationship with Caroline. He also balked at having to convert, but that was not the main thing. He could have refused to convert, but agreed to raise their children as Catholics.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Lindon implied that royal protocol, the amount of publicity and constant cameras, and being under Rainier's thumb doomed his relationship with Caroline. He also balked at having to convert, but that was not the main thing. He could have refused to convert, but agreed to raise their children as Catholics.
In the United States that is true if you are Jewish and not Orthodox, but aboard almost Jews are Orthodox. It probably was Rainer bidding that deterred him. BTW, Stephenie's youngest daughter's father is Jewish I believe. Stephenie never married him. Prince Rainer again?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
In the United States that is true if you are Jewish and not Orthodox, but aboard almost Jews are Orthodox. It probably was Rainer bidding that deterred him. BTW, Stephenie's youngest daughter's father is Jewish I believe. Stephenie never married him. Prince Rainer again?
Is he really Jewish?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadezhda View Post
Is he really Jewish?
Yes, he's jewish and moroccan actually, some people think he's french, but he got the french citizenship just recently, he's born in Morocco in Casablanca where he lived till age of 17, and where his parents still live, they are both moroccan.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Yes, he's jewish and moroccan actually, some people think he's french, but he got the french citizenship just recently, he's born in Morocco in Casablanca where he lived till age of 17, and where his parents still live, they are both moroccan.
I knew he was of Middle eastern descent, but didn't know he was Jewish, I thought Muslim.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Gentry

Gad is a Hebrew name (one of the twelve sons of Jacob), so I thought he might be Jewish.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Caroline would prevent her daughter from marrying the man she loves because of religion. She doesn't come across as that kind of mother.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Nobility

Caroline has no moral authority to preach to her children when she did almost everything in her youth to antagonized her parents.You reap what you sow.She could still be there to lend her support to Charlotte.I wonder how the italian Casiraghis are dealing with this tho.Apart from Stefano, the rest had traditional wedding,.meaning, wedding first before children.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Caroline has no moral authority to preach to her children when she did almost everything in her youth to antagonized her parents.You reap what you sow.She could still be there to lend her support to Charlotte.I wonder how the italian Casiraghis are dealing with this tho.Apart from Stefano, the rest had traditional wedding,.meaning, wedding first before children.
Although Caroline did everythng in her youth, she was very critical for Staphanie's way of living and thinking. I think she would be more careful about Charlotte's choices.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
To me it looks that Charlotte has looked much happier than ever before now when she is with Gad. The looks isn't the most important thing in the world, but imo Gad isn't ugly at all.
I agree. She looks much less snobbish than with Alex and to me Gad looks quite interesting. When I saw him first I thought he looked similar to Daniel Ducruet. I think Gad is good for her, gives her a better grounding than the jetset clique that surrounded Alex.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post

Although Caroline did everythng in her youth, she was very critical for Staphanie's way of living and thinking. I think she would be more careful about Charlotte's choices.
Agree, I remember very well her attitude towards Stephanie and Daniel when she got pregnant with Louis.Hoity toity against others and yet, a diff set of rule towards her own.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Times when Stefanie got pregnant were completely different than now. And Stephanie was the daughter of a ruling prince, third in line to the throne!
Charlotte is a private person, and despite i do not adore Gad, he is a very talented and succesful person. Daniel was a very low choise, and the way he treated Stephanie confirmed this.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:36 AM
Nobility

eh, it did'nt happen in the 50s or 60s.Daughter of ruling prince or not, sister is a sister.It's family..but few years after, she got pregnant by Ernst who ended up humilliating her too by kissing another woman in the beach whilst still married to her.Enough said.

Gad maybe talented or succesful in his field but his personal historynin women is sketchy.Charlotte jumped into this relationship right after her breakup with Alex, also, she has never been single. Time will tell how this relationship will go.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Serene Highness

I am surprised, that it is a big discussions about the pregnancy of Charlotte, I thought, lot of paparazzis would follow her in these days to show better pictures about her to know if she is really pregnant or not. And we don't see any photos about her. Where can she stay? I don't think, that she lives now every day only in an apartmant and doesn't go on the street. But no photos... Interesting. It means that she can live a quite normal life? Or the paparazzis learned their lesson with Caroline and with her lawsuits again paparazziphotos?
Old 07-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
I am surprised, that it is a big discussions about the pregnancy of Charlotte, I thought, lot of paparazzis would follow her in these days to show better pictures about her to know if she is really pregnant or not. And we don't see any photos about her. Where can she stay? I don't think, that she lives now every day only in an apartmant and doesn't go on the street. But no photos... Interesting. It means that she can live a quite normal life? Or the paparazzis learned their lesson with Caroline and with her lawsuits again paparazziphotos?
Maybe she is in St-Clos Pierre (Caroline's house in Monaco). It's a large house with piscine etc. Caroline has also "disappeared". Maybe she is with her daughter.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the are all on board of Pacha.

As for journalists, I think they are so sure that she is pregnant, that there is not even a reason to pursue her...
Old 07-27-2013, 03:33 AM
Courtier

I noticed too that since Charlotte is with Gad, there are less pictures of her.
He said in an interview that he avoids the celebrity life, for instance not going to Saint-Tropez in august, maybe she's living by his philosophy now.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I noticed too that since Charlotte is with Gad, there are less pictures of her.
He said in an interview that he avoids the celebrity life, for instance not going to Saint-Tropez in august, maybe she's living by his philosophy now.
Hmm.. no doubt.. she has always been adopting the philosophy of her boyfriends.

Tags
charlotte casiraghi