Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gad is hugely popular, talented and loved by the public ! I think most of the people are delighted with the couple !

^^^^
Well he is certainly more known to the general public than his girlfriend so I guess stories about the couple will raise her profile a bit.

I wish we'd see pictures of Charlotte with her hair down now that she's finally got it short. Have you guys noticed how she always seems to hide at this time of the year?

I think he will leave Charlotte sooner or later because she is not productive for his image as an actor/comedian, who wants to be taken seriously. It' s obvious, that there are already problems for him to be in a Costa Gavras film and being with a girl like Charlotte, who never will and doesn't have to leave her comfort zone. It might be an exciting experience by now for both of them to explore different worlds - but on the long run this relation will be damaging for his career and I think he will realize that. "Poor" Charlotte...

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with that opinion. Neither Gad, nor Charlotte strike me as the kind of people who chose their parnerts because they are productive for their image. I don't like the age gap but to me they look like two people honestly in love with each other.

I also disagree about Charlotte damaging Gad's career. I really don't think that the person you go out with can affect your career in any way. Maybe in Hollywood, I don't know, but not in Europe.

Also, if anything Charlotte has been beneficial for Gad's image. In France he is much more popular than her but in other european countries nearly nobody knows who Gad is, while Charlotte is very well known.

In Spain, for instance he is just starting to be know as "that ugly actor who goes out with Caroline of Monaco's daughter" and his last films have had a promotion an public repercusion they wouldn't have had if he hadn't become someone more popular to the general public simply because he is Charlottes's boyfriend.

After reading some recent posts, I'm under the impresion there has been some misunderstanding of Gavras's words. No wonder. Google translation of the interview is rather bad and very inexact and a bit confusing.
He doesn't attack Charlotte's money or way of life. On the contrary, he considers her rather innocent and someone who is not guilty of anything, just a candid girl who's grown up very protected and knows nothing of the real world.
I'll attempt a clearer translation. Please, excuse any grammar mistakes!

QUESTION: However, there is a certain contradiction between the glamour of the seventh art and the situations you denounce. For example, Gad Elmaleh, star of "The Capital" is the boyfriend of Charlotte Casiraghi, member of a royal family from a tax haven...

GAVRAS:
Poor Charlotte, she doesn't know a thing about all that.She's scarcely 26 years old and she's lived all her life inside a palace, what can she know about life? From the real world she is only interested in horses and Gad, whith whom she is hopelessly in love...

QUESTION: Charlotte was with her boyfriend at the world premiere in Toronto: what did she think of the movie?

GAVRAS: I remembershe told me: "Oh, I know those top level executives who appear in the movie. They're constantly walking around Monaco".

From what glimpses we catch of Charlotte's life from afar, we can ascertain that she does indeed have a set social circle that she rarely, if ever ventures far from

Agreed. Nobody is criticizing Charlotte because of her privileged background. She's lucky to enjoy all the advantages she enjoys.

But come certain age, even if you are privileged it is healthy for everybody to step out of close circle you grew up. It doesn't mean she should look for a 2.000 euros job, but there is something unnatural in a grown up woman of nearly 30 years old who's only friends are the people she met when she was a child or her parent's friends sons and daughters. Her best friends are daughters of Caroline's friends, even her trainer is still her childhood trainer!

If you compare her with other privileged young women, like Valentine or Beatrice the difference is huge.

Valentine works for the family company, but still she's been working in China, and at some point she left her childhood useless trainer and went to work with Malta da Costa, who is a demanding trainer. To get the good results she gets at the sport, she obviously also realized at some point that her pretty face and name were worth nothing and she had to work hard and train regularly and work from the bottom, something Charlotte still fails to realize.

Beatrice is also privileged, she could be as clueless as Gavras says Charlotte is, yet she is very involved and interested in politics, she has strong political and social views. She's got acces to interesting jobs in the media thanks to her name and family influences, but she's realized that even if her name opened her the door, she needed more to suceed. She's graduated at Bocconi university in Law, and she's studied a journalism master in columbia. She obviously wants to learn to be a good journalist and realizes that needs hard work.
Charlotte, on the other hand, wasn't even able to graduate from university, and dropped off the moment she had to face real university life, outside her privileged and protective bubble.

Nobody says she shouldn't enjoy the privileges she has but she's certainly moved all her life inside an extremely small social circle, protected and pampered, and it's only logical if someone like Costa Gavras, who's treated her and talked to her, finds that she is clueless and knows nothing of the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ But wouldn't it be hard for Charlotte, or anyone in her position, to venture out of her social circle? I had a tough time venturing out and I'm not from a monied, royal family. I believe that the reason why she's kept the same friends for years is because, she knows them, her mother/family knows them. Charlotte knows she's not going to be exploited. She has plenty to lose if she does venture out. Is it possible that she keeps the same friends because she's protecting herself?

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with that opinion. Neither Gad, nor Charlotte strike me as the kind of people who chose their parnerts because they are productive for their image. I don't like the age gap but to me they look like two people honestly in love with each other....

Perfect post! Wide coverage of the situation, pertinent comments without being nasty!

I love the cut and style...it looks great on her.

Thank you Lazuli! She is cute with that haircut! Does it say when and where was the pic taken?
I really wish Gad would drop that ugly cap! He looks like a tourist!

She looks so much like her mother! :eek: Plus she looks way matured. :)

Thank you Lazuli! She is cute with that haircut! Does it say when and where was the pic taken?
I really wish Gad would drop that ugly cap! He looks like a tourist!

The pic must have been taken around Christmas because according to the article Charlotte and Gad spent the Christmas season in the Palace with P. Caroline and the rest of the family. And, in another pic we can actually see the couple heading towards the palace entrance in the company of Pierre.
:wreath:

Dear Palomasie the portuguese magazine Caras published a photo of Charlotte with her new haircut. I'll try to post it for you... :flowers:

http://i45.tinypic.com/16hjkuw.jpg[/

http://i45.tinypic.com/16hjkuw.jpg

I hope any of these links works...

Thanks a lot for these!! I've to say I'm unsure about Charlotte's new haircut..:ermm: Maybe it should've been a bit longer? I think short hair looked better on her younger days, when her features were softer. But Charlotte's always gorgeous anyways :flowers:

I'm not so sure about the lenght, I would prefer shorter, a Louise Brooks cut. Of course she is beautiful in any case.

I don't hate Charlotte but ugh she has a "questionable" taste (sorry if i sound mean here) when it comes to bf...

Why does she always look so sullen and pouty? Its not because it is a modeling pic, she looks that way all of the time. It is not sexy. Does this girl even know how to smile?

Dear trepstep,I totally agree with you!
I would also wish for more natural pictures in women´s magazines and advertisements.Nowadays pictures get so much airbrushed and retouched that they could just as well use computer-animated pictures of human beings...I wonder why they pay so much for a model only to completely change her looks into an artificial,generic picture.Of course they need to remove some stains and spots and improve the contrasts and light,but they alter the photos to a degree that is not beautiful.
Charlotte is a graceful woman with beautyful face,hair &figure-there is nothing I would change about her appearance!

Last edited:
Dear trepstep,I totally agree with you!
I would also wish for more natural pictures in women´s magazines and advertisements.Nowadays pictures get so much airbrushed and retouched that they could just as well use computer-animated pictures of human beings...I wonder why they pay so much for a model only to completely change her looks into an artificial,generic picture.Of course they need to remove some stains and spots and improve the contrasts and light,but they alter the photos to a degree that is not beautiful.
Charlotte is a graceful woman with beautyful face,hair &figure-there is nothing I would change about her appearance!

I takes away a lot of her charm when they airbrush her to look so "generic," as you say. This "photo" isn't quite as bad as the third by Peter Lindburgh, but it pretty much eliminates any chance of feeling communion with the image, as though you are looking at a fellow human being!

I keep waiting for the fashion industry to realize that these basically CG images are not the way to connect with women, but ... I'm still waiting.

I keep waiting for the fashion industry to realize that these basically CG images are not the way to connect with women, but ... I'm still waiting.

As long as women keep buying the magazines why would the editors change anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom