Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasted & copied from what I wrote over in the Fashion Forum:

I was floored when I first saw the gallery of photos because I honest to God thought it was Princess Caroline from her youth. The resemblance is eerie, truly a clone of her mother. Remarkable resemblance.

As to the outfit, very very nice, in fact it ranks amongst my top 5, my all-time favorite still being the fairytale Princess Grace gown she wore to her uncle Prince Albert's Wedding Ball last July. In it she looked like Cinderella come alive.

Last but not least she finally changes her hairstyle, instead of the same ole same ole long hair going nowhere. I only wish she had truly cut her hair and gone for a style, at long last, like her uncle's wife Princess Charlene, whom cut her long hair off long ago and has since shined in her new exquisite short hairstyles, ala Princess Diana...

All in all, BRAVA Miss Charlotte Casiraghi, you look stunning here. Blue suits you, especially this color blue, and the Cinderella blue you wore to your uncle's Ball. :flowers: :castle3: :coach:

The more I see it the more I like the look (shoes excepted). I don't see her face looks that much like Caroline's on those pics, but there definitelly is something about her style that reminds of her mother.

Also, it's funny, because we all used to critizice her choiice of Chanel gowns for oficial events, but now... I like her much better in Chanel than Gucci.

Maybe the problem is that 10 years ago Charlotte was too young to be wearing Chanel. That kind of dresses weren't appropiate for a teenager. But now that she is approaching 30 she looks much better in them.

She's got very strong features and an athletic masculine body and those traits are more obvious with any passing year. Looks than sweeten her traits and body look better on her, imo.

There is just one thing that I don't get. Why doesn't she wear a bra?
I understand that she doesn't wear one in everyday life. Her breast are very small and she doesn't need it at all. She's probably more confortable without it.

But when she dresses up for a big event like this, and wears high heels, and make up, and difficult dresses, etc... she looks to be lovely, not to be confortable. The lack of bra kind of spoils the effect of the front of the dress.

The dress was ok. I love the colour of it as it tones the colour of her eyes. I wan't surprised with the hairstyle.
About the bra thing, her breasts are actually a bit droopy because she doesn't wear a bra. She should better wear, it would make the appearence better, not that now it's all bad.

Last edited:
I love her hair so much. It's straight out of L'oreal commercial.

And that denim outfit... I feel like it would be cool on anyone else but her.

I usually hate the all-denim look, but I feel like she's pulling it off. Very Caroline in the 70's vibe.

Very pretty pictures. I remember a picture, when Caroline was abt 17, she was wearing exactly this denim total look, carrying Tiffany-her little Yorkshire dog inside her bag, pic taken while she was travelling. If I find I post it, but it is funny to see similar look, mother /daughter, 35 years after.

I usually don't like all denim looks but in this particular ocasion I do like this retro look, and she is pretty. It's not just the jeans but the 70's hair parted in the middle, the earrings, the shirt, the shoes, the nails... it looks nice!

What I don't like though, is Gucci's intentions with it. First, they've played with Charlotte as Grace for their Forever Now campaing and now they've disguised her as a teenage Caroline.
Also, if I was Charlotte, being near 30, I think that I would like to find my own personal identity instead of trying to mimetize my mother and grandmother...

Oh, and I hate hate hate the baby blue bag she is carrying. What an awful colour, even for babies!

Last edited:
She is such a beautiful woman! I just hope now that she doesn't become one of those angry, raging Hollywood liberals that protest everything. She seems to be attending more movie/cinema events and I hope she remains neutral and continues to carry herself well.

You are NOT WRONG at all!!

AMEN to that! It's interesseting to notice that, at 17 P. Caroline struggled as hard as she could to distance herself from her mother, to assume her values, her perspective of life, her choices, and to live accordingly. In a word, to mark her difference from her mother ( whom she adore, nonetheless ). And at almost 30, Charlotte does everything in her power to be exactly like her mother. In spite of her agitated social life, all the solicitations and attention she gets, she doesn't seem to be a very self confident person, does she?

Τhank you! I was surprised to see her in such a magazine!
She really has the best "job". Modelling for Gucci's clothes, being photographed for magazines (don't forget her cooperation with Mario Testino as well).
Not even a model can do those things in such a small period of time!

Even though i am not crazy about those 2 pictures. Especially the first looks fake. She has been more beautful in other shots.

AMEN to that! It's interesseting to notice that, at 17 P. Caroline struggled as hard as she could to distance herself from her mother, to assume her values, her perspective of life, her choices, and to live accordingly. In a word, to mark her difference from her mother ( whom she adore, nonetheless ). And at almost 30, Charlotte does everything in her power to be exactly like her mother. In spite of her agitated social life, all the solicitations and attention she gets, she doesn't seem to be a very self confident person, does she?

Very pertinent remarks.

I think Charlotte, despite being the spitting image of her mum, she has a very different caracter. We all seem to forget Stefano's influence to her character, even if she did not really "lived" him she has his genes. Stefano was a very shy and discret person, and Charlotte has this character I think. We do not really "know" her, she is very secret, much more than herm mum at the same age.
And do not forget that Pcs Caroline, at her 17y she was at the era of revolution, and era of interdictions, because of her status, and she had a very strict mum. So she should really revolt, to impose her character.
Charlotte has been raised with o lot of freadom, so she does not really need to "make noise", she does what she wants, and she has no official status to protect.

Last edited:
Very pertinent remarks.

I think Charlotte, despite being the spitting image of her mum, she has a very different caracter. We all seem to forget Stefano's influence to her character, even if she did not really "lived" him she has his genes. Stefano was a very shy and discret person, and Charlotte has this character I think. We do not really "know" her, she is very secret, much more than herm mum at the same age.
And do not forget that Pcs Caroline, at her 17y she was at the era of revolution, and era of interdictions, because of her status, and she had a very strict mum. So she should really revolt, to impose her character.
Charlotte has been raised with o lot of freadom, so she does not really need to "make noise", she does what she wants, and she has no official status to protect.
have to agree with you again fandesacs-everything I wanted to say plus more Thanks

Very pertinent remarks.

I agree too, but don't forget that when Caroline was a teenager things were stricter in general because that period was more preservative. Even if Caro was more rebellious because of her parents strict attitude. The young people always tend to do the opposite of what their parents say. Anyway, nowadays things have changed a lot. Charlotte grew up in a totally different period.

Last edited:
Very pretty pictures. I remember a picture, when Caroline was abt 17, she was wearing exactly this denim total look, carrying Tiffany-her little Yorkshire dog inside her bag, pic taken while she was travelling. If I find I post it, but it is funny to see similar look, mother /daughter, 35 years after.
x17online.com: Charlotte Casiraghi Steals The Show At Gucci

ITA, fandesacs2003, ita. :flowers: We are simpatico. I know exactly what you're talking about, but despite my best efforts I cannot find the picture in question. C'est la vie... ;)

Like I said a few weeks ago, Miss Charlotte Casiraghi looks totally FAB in blue. And then to prove it once again she wears this, to be added to my favorite outfits she has worn over the years.

Btw, my all-time favorite outfit that Princess Caroline has ever worn is the one where she's decked out in all turquoise blue:

Image Detail for - blue clover global mod aristocrat
Lol, of course blue suits her too, Charlotte's clone. :D

But that's where the similarity ends imho. Despite them looking like twins, both intelligent, etc., personality-wise they are nothing alike. Caroline was a tiger, rebellious, never listened to her mom, was and is literally a force of nature, lol. Whereas I've always seen Charlotte like her dad, shy, close to her mother, listens to her, fragile. I think it's because Caroline is all she has, losing her father at such a young age, makes her closer to her mother. Jmho. :)

ps: and forget my earlier remarks about her hair, I love the long hair parted in the middle, brings back the 70's era. :cool:

I'm sorry, but I can't jump on the Caroline bandwagon. I will concede that she seems to have a greater sense of self than her daughter appears to possess, but if anything Caroline largely laid the blueprint for what seems to be insecurities in Charlotte that a lot of us are pointing out now. As far as I know, this is the first time we've seen Caroline without a significant other for an extended period of time. So in the regard that Char jumps from boyfriend to boyfriend, and changes her interests, lifestyle for them, is a pattern Caroline began. The only difference I would say is that Caroline comes off as more self-assured and self-possessed while Charlotte's shyness and unassuming nature make her seem "weaker" or not as confident.

I also don't agree that Caroline's rebelliousness or Charlotte's lack of rebelliousness means anything. A lot of kids are rebellious; it doesn't necessarily make them more or less confident as a person. Not to mention, Caroline was a child of the seventies and Grace a child of the fifties. Can you think of two more incompatible eras? Grace tried to raise her children, or at least the older two, with those values she was reared with, and Caroline resisted them, naturally, being around the fast-paced, "liberal" ideologies emerging during the era she was growing up in. Moreover, Caroline basically admitted that she wasn't a very strict mother, so what could Charlotte rebel against?

Last edited:
if anything Caroline largely laid the blueprint for what seems to be insecurities in Charlotte that a lot of us are pointing out now.

Agreed.
Because of her general attitude and the way she carries herself, Caroline comes out as a confident person. She also has a certain spark that Charlotte, with her shy demeanour, low eyes and shrinked postures obviously lacks, but judging by what we know about her she doesn't seem to be a confident or indepentant person.

Yes, she had a sprout of rebelliousness as a teenager, but as you pointed out, it doesn't mean anything. Many rebellious kids are huge insecures.
Also, someone who wants to be independent and find herself doesn't rush into a marriage at scarcely 20 years old! She jumped from the Palace protection to an older man protection.

As Kells has pointed out too, until now, she's never been single for an extended period of time. I mean, she had a living in companion less than 6 months after the death of her husband and father of 3 children!

I'm not saying there is a specific time you have to wait to start a new relationship after such a tragedy, but I doubt that an independent and strong woman, who's able to be on her own, would have introduced a new man in her house and into the lives of her young children so early after they've lost their father.

Of course, there is also the fact that she's also transformed herself once and again with her partners. I can't see caroline as someone with a distinctive personality. She was one person with Junot, another with Stefano, another with Lindon, another with Ernst...

Also, she's never been know for doing anything with her life. Of course she doesn't need to work! I'm not saying that. But she doesn't seem to have a passion for anything. yes, she enjoys ballet, and she used to ride and she takes care of a couple of charities... but everything in half-hearted way, the same as Charlotte.

Actually, even if she lacks her mother's spark, I think that Charlotte is a much more interesting person than her.
Maybe it is not a fair comparision because Caroline belongs to a generation where many women were just mothers and wives, so, she probably never felt the pressure to do anything else with her life, but even if Charlotte is usually half-hearted and doesn't really know what she wants, at least she tries!

She's tried to pursue seriously her interest in philosophy, horses, publishing, fashion, film production... Even if she is inconsistent she seems to have passions and a will to explore and use the advantages she's been given at birth.
I've never seen Caroline like that.

A couple of things trepstep...Caroline does not belong to the generation where women were "just wives and mothers." That was her mother Grace's generation.

Caroline was born in 1957 and turned twenty in 1977..therefore the 1980's and 1990's were when she was in her 20's and 30's. I don't know if you were around then but most young women were going to college, having careers and families...not staying at home like 50's and 60's housewives.

As far as not having a passion, I disagree with that as well. The Princess has been passionate about the welfare of children since she was barely out of her teens. She founded a suicide prevention hotline in Monaco for kids and teens when she was around 20, which is the same year she was name as the spokesperson for the United Nations International Year of The Child. She is founder of AMADE, an internationally recognized organization that assists babies and children in the Third World. AMADE has done amazing things, and in addition to her artistic and social pursuits she is a tireless spokesperson for that organization.

She is a soft spoken person but believe me, she IS passionate about the rights and welfare of children. I have heard and read her.

She is no dilettante like her daughter Charlotte, who could learn a lot from Caroline.

A couple of things trepstep...Caroline does not belong to the generation where women were "just wives and mothers." That was her mother Grace's generation.

Well, Caroline was born in the 50's and I think that's kind of a midway generation.
Of course the 70's weren't the 50's and many women had professional careers , but the 70's were still a time were a woman who decided not to work and stay at home and be a wife and mother didn't rise any eyebrows as it does today.

AMADE has done amazing things, and in addition to her artistic and social pursuits she is a tireless spokesperson for that organization.

Well, we must have a very different understanding of the word "tireless". How many times a year does this tireless spoke person speak up? Once, twice, even less?

believe me, she IS passionate about the rights and welfare of children.

Why should I believe you? Are you a close friend of hers? Do you work with her?
A couple of speaches say nothing about a person's passions. You can't even be sure she wrote them.
Since I don't know Caroline either, excuse me if I choose to trust my own impresions instead of yours, and to me, someone who is really passionate about something, devotes most of her time to that passion.
Reading a speach once a year or less, and attending a couple of parties doesn''t qualify as "passionate" in my book.

Last edited:
I don't understand your rather belligerant response trepstep.

I simply pointed out to you that Caroline's generation of women did not stay at home playing homemaker. Caroline was born at the end of the decade of the 50's. So she wasn't part of that generation of women.

She entered the 1980's in her early 20's...when most women her age WERE pursuing careers.

As far as your puerile "Why should I believe you"? Well...don't believe me. The information about Caroline's long, passionate commitment to AMADE is readily available for anyone motivated enough to find out vs. just make statements that are not based on fact.

You've heard of GOOGLE? Paris Match? Point de Vue? Nice-Matin?

ETA: You don't know Charlotte or Caroline, either. So what's your point? this is a message board. We are not required to know the people we discuss unless I misunderstood the Board rules.

Last edited:
Precisely, because this is just a public board and we don't know anyone personaly we all just have opinions. We can't ask others to just believe us.

You tell me to check google and the french press. Well, that's where we usually read that she's done something with the Amade people once or twice a year. I don't find it proof of any tireless comitement.

I've just checked the Amade website, aswell, and I have no idea how much Caroline works or doesn't work for them, but she surely uses the organization to self-promote her image.

When you go to: AMADE Mondiale (Association Mondiale des Amis de l'Enfance)
on the home page you can only find the name of the organisation and then the name of the founder (Grace Kelly) and the name of the président (Caroline). How is that relevant information? Check the sites of any charity organization you can think of. I'm sure you won't find that the only info they give you in their home page is the name of the président.

Then, if you enter the site, you'll find more about Caroline! It's funny, if you look at their news section everything is Caroline-related. An Amade tv Festival in Montecarlo, Caroline receiving the amade people in monaco, Caroline handing out a big cheque of money collected in Germany to Amade, Caroline receiving a price granted to her because of her commitment with Amade (accompanied by Karl Lagerfeld, of all people!!)

Caroline self-promotion takes as much place as the Amade Action Programs! There's more about her than about the Burundi kids.

And yet, look at the dates.
In 2012 Caroline took part in 3 Amade related events.

One film festival.
A meeting in Montecarlo.
Collecting a cheque from the hands of some german woman.

You can also check how many speeches she made and how often she spoke up for children and her organization. Here's the link:
Discours*-*AMADE Mondiale
Eleven speeches in ten years, absolutely nothing between 2006 and 2010.

I frankly have no idea how much work she puts on Amade behind the cameras, maybe she does work a lot. But the info we've got doesn't give grounds to say that she does, neither to say that she is tireless or specially passionated.

By the look of it she just seems to pose for pictures a couple times a year and then has the photos spread all over the web-site.

Oh, and not just her pictures. She also puts her name everywhere we can see it.
If you go to the Organigramme link, you'll get the names of all the direction members of Amade (and because they aren't enough pics of her on the site, you'll get a new pic of Caro with a baby).
How is it that Caroline's name is the only one in black type?
http://www.amade-mondiale.org/fr/presentation/organigramme.html

To me, Caroline looks like your typical wealthy and bored lady from Grace's generation (you know, the husband does business or enters politics, while his wife spends the money buying frocks and amuses herself with a couple of charities who will do good to her husband's public image) She would fit nicely in the 50's

I find Charlotte endeavours, as erratic as they might be, much more interesting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom