Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay! Did Gad lend his voice to one of the character of Madagascar?

I don't think so. And he wasn't at the photocall or the premiere. I don't think he's at Cannes, at least not now. I've been looking on wireimage and TFS and I haven't seen him. He might come later. Unless he's just doing a press conference or something right now, and the photos haven't been published yet, but they usually come in pretty quick.

Last edited:
Her hair and makeup are just flawless, particularly in the 5th and 6th pics.

She looks great, wonderful hairdo!! Beautiful! Like a movie star!

I still don´t like her posture. She would look muhc better if she improved it.

Charlotte is at the premiere because the animals go to Monaco as part of the circus (in the film). AND because Gucci wants to show her off.

There is also an article in todays NY Times about Charlotte. They talked to Peter Lindberg and Stephan Bern.

Wow. She looks gorgeous! Loving the hair and the jewelry. Just lovely. I assume she's wearing Gucci?

Sugar, Frida Gianini and the CEO of Gucci are walking right behind her so I am guessing she's not wearing Chanel. Salma Hyack and her Gucci owning husband was also there. Also Virginie Couperie. See Pic 1 on post 274. Is that P Caroline to her right?

Last edited:
^ So, Hello is saying she was at the World Restoration Premiere of Once Upon a Time in America, not Madagascar 3. That would make more sense because she attended the World Restoration of La Dolce Vita sponsored by Gucci two years ago. I wonder why all of the press thought she was at Madagascar 3?

Maybe she went to both. One was in the afternoon and one was probably at nite.

This appearance of Charlotte on the red carpet is disappointing. She is not sure how to handle herself and ends up playing a parody of a star. I can understand her discomfort for there is no real reason for her to be there. Essentially, her celebrity status gave her the opportunity, but that’s the problem. It emphasizes her lack of a real identity. Neither an actress like her grand-mother (but an actor’s girlfriend), nor a princess like her mother, she inhabits spheres that may overlap but she remains an outsider to all. With a bit more maturity (even with a sense of irony intended), she could have played it à la Angelina Jolie, pausing for effect and looking like a goddess. But her posture said it all, she didn’t feel she really belonged there. I hate to disagree with all the media and her admirers, but I feel she had no presence, no star quality. Pity.

This appearance of Charlotte on the red carpet is disappointing. She is not sure how to handle herself and ends up playing a parody of a star.
her posture said it all, she didn’t feel she really belonged there. I hate to disagree with all the media and her admirers, but I feel she had no presence, no star quality. Pity.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
she looked extremely uncomfortable! :ermm:

I thought Charlotte looked more relaxed than usual. She usually has both hands in tight fists; even in Monaco. Probably had a glass of wine for lunch. She has always been shy.

This appearance of Charlotte on the red carpet is disappointing. She is not sure how to handle herself and ends up playing a parody of a star. I can understand her discomfort for there is no real reason for her to be there. Essentially, her celebrity status gave her the opportunity, but that’s the problem. It emphasizes her lack of a real identity. Neither an actress like her grand-mother (but an actor’s girlfriend), nor a princess like her mother, she inhabits spheres that may overlap but she remains an outsider to all. With a bit more maturity (even with a sense of irony intended), she could have played it à la Angelina Jolie, pausing for effect and looking like a goddess. But her posture said it all, she didn’t feel she really belonged there. I hate to disagree with all the media and her admirers, but I feel she had no presence, no star quality. Pity.

And you're not the only one to think this. I found an article from Le Parisien who says the same. I didn't read it in its totallity because we have to pay for it. The beginning says: Yesterday in the evening, the princess of Monaco [she's not a princess!!] didn't seem at ease during the ordeal of the steps of Cannes.They even add that she was naufragée: I don't know how to translate it but it's a very hard word.
As far as I'm concerned I think that it was a beautiful appearance. She has an amazing face, but her posture and her lack of confidence were obvious.
Pomeline-Fizz blog made an interesting discover, here: Charlotte's appearance seems really inspired from Rachel Weisz's one in Cannes, a few years ago. Same hair, same kind of dress, same jewells from Cartier.

Edit: I just wanted to add that she should have worn a bra.

Last edited:
the "parisien" article is really short and not that negative. It just says she didn't seem to feel at ease always looking down while the photographs were calling her. they give her 10/20 only because she's gorgeous

Charlotte and Gad were at the same party in Cannes but not photographed together
GAD IS ON PIC 3 CHARLOTTE ON PIC 8

Last edited:
Hopefully Charlotte didn't fall, but her Gucci shoes weren't very sure!

Thanks for the pics, Aminolta: I guess that this Cannes festival will be the occasion for Gad and Charlotte to officialize. It will be very difficult for them to not appear as a couple, if they really are together.

Do you think that Charlotte will date with Gad for a long time? Are they a good couple for you?

^Only time will say! Let them live the present moment. All that we can see is that Charlotte is more beautiful than ever now that she's with him: more relaxed, more and more woman, less and less young girl.

^Only time will say! Let them live the present moment. All that we can see is that Charlotte is more beautiful than ever now that she's with him: more relaxed, more and more woman, less and less young girl.

Yes, she should stop being a girl anymore.

I found this interesting article about Charlotte, but I don't know where to post it: Charlotte Casiraghi: 'I'm not a Gucci model please....'
It's very interesting because it talks about Charlotte's perception of her role in Gucci campaign. Once again, I find it disappointing, and ambiguous, but I like reading her words.

This other article says quite the same, but it adds that according to Stephane Bern, Charlotte offered to be Gucci's face for the new campaign, because she needed money to support her horses. It is said that transports are too much expensive, and she needs Gucci to pay them.

Last edited:
I thought the first article was pretty catty. The author didn't mind using Charlotte for her own purposes. The second article was the NY Times article. It was interesting because they talked to people that knew he. It was a bit sugary. I think the reason Charlotte doesn't exclusively go with a fashion house is for political reasons. She doesn't want to offend people like Karl Lagerfeld and the guy who owns Hermes; regular customers of Monaco.

And you're not the only one to think this. I found an article from Le Parisien who says the same. I didn't read it in its totallity because we have to pay for it. The beginning says: Yesterday in the evening, the princess of Monaco [she's not a princess!!] didn't seem at ease during the ordeal of the steps of Cannes.They even add that she was naufragée: I don't know how to translate it but it's a very hard word.
As far as I'm concerned I think that it was a beautiful appearance. She has an amazing face, but her posture and her lack of confidence were obvious.
Pomeline-Fizz blog made an interesting discover, here: Charlotte's appearance seems really inspired from Rachel Weisz's one in Cannes, a few years ago. Same hair, same kind of dress, same jewells from Cartier.

Edit: I just wanted to add that she should have worn a bra.

LovelyKate, thank you for elaborating. I, too, am intrigued by the word "naufragée", because it is so apt in this particular context: "naufragée" means shipwrecked: Cannes is right by the sea, Charlotte's hair, loose, artfully messy with its not quite yet dry look, she is wearing green like the depths of the ocean, and looks like a mermaid; also, as pointed out by another newspaper, Charles Berling fiercely clings to her to protect here, so "hanging on for dear life" comes to mind. Her tight shoulders, downward posture, arms along her body for body warmth and brave smile in front of the cameras add to this impression. She reminds me of Princess Stephanie, who was never at ease in front of crowds. Charlotte is too old to play starlets, and Rachel Weisz exuded so much more confidence. Charlotte has the utmost potential, she could be the Isabelle Adjani of the red carpet, but she needs to honor, poise, and own her status as the daughter of a Princess first, everything else flowing from the gift she has been handed by birth.

I found two more articles about Charlotte's conception of her Gucci's ambassador role:
- Is Charlotte Casiraghi Too Smart For Fashion? - Intelligence - Racked National
- Monaco Royal Charlotte Casiraghi (Telegraph.co.uk)
I'm not fluent enough in english to have understood that the first article of my previous post was catty, as you said Fanofmonaco. But now that you said it, I noticed it (thank you!) and I don't understand why suddenly all these articles are published. The Telegraph's one has a title very agressive, which could be bad for her relationship with Gucci: it's not a good publicity for the brand if people can read in articles that she considers herself as too intelligent for the job.
I wondered one thing: wouldn't this be a revange? Charlotte attacked newspapers because they didn't respect her privacy. However, in the past, she convoqued them to show how smart and intelligent she was. This ambiguous attitude is going to cost her her image, I said it in the past, and maybe this prediction is going to be realised, I don't know..

Edit: there is another thing I don't understand. The article says that Charlotte wasn't interested by being a model, but that she did it because CGT is too expensive. But Charlotte hasn't been appearing in CGT since the moment she accepted to be the new face of Gucci. So why all these publications?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom