Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why she has to be with models...not all handsome men are as attractive on the inside. Sure, she could be with someone good-looking but dating isn't just about looking good together. I mean, she can't just look at him all the time. She might want to talk to him and be able to have fun with him, too. But I guess those things aren't important.

I think Gad is cute. He's obviously no fashion model, but maybe he's charming, smart and funny as he seems to be?

One of the nicest things about Charlotte is that she doesn't date pretty fashion crazy boys. She could be a void socialite dating pretty boring men. yet, she obviously goes for personality.
A lot of people are still missing Felix, but in my opinion he was bland.

I find Gad quite ugly myself, but he kind of looks a bit like Alex, so that's obviously Charlotte's type. She could have model-type guys if she wanted, no doubt, but she obviously prefers character. I think her taste in boyfriends speaks very well of her.

Time #2 that I agree with you Trepstep. :flowers: I personally like her taste in men. I liked Felix, I didn't find Alex to be all that ugly, and even though Gad is not my type, he's really funny and charming. Any French speakers out there need only look him up on youtube. His videos are hilarious. But anyway, I think it speaks well of Charlotte (and Andrea--whose relationship with Tatiana has been criticized for the longest based on nothing but the fact that she didn't look like a Chanel model :bang:), that they are able to look past the exterior and enter a relationship with someone without considering such shallow reasons.

Charlotte casual look is almost every time awful..of course her lovely face and body hide it but the true is that her casual look is really terrible! She looks happy an relax, but again I don't give much faith to this relationship...:ROFLMAO:

Time #2 that I agree with you Trepstep. :flowers: I personally like her taste in men. I liked Felix, I didn't find Alex to be all that ugly, and even though Gad is not my type, he's really funny and charming. Any French speakers out there need only look him up on youtube. His videos are hilarious. But anyway, I think it speaks well of Charlotte (and Andrea--whose relationship with Tatiana has been criticized for the longest based on nothing but the fact that she didn't look like a Chanel model :bang:), that they are able to look past the exterior and enter a relationship with someone without considering such shallow reasons.

Actually, all three of the Casiraghi seem to look for much more than looks in their partners. I never found Alex that ugly either (actually he was the one of Charlotte's boyfriends whose look I liked better), but he obviously wasn't the pretty type.

Tatiana is sweet, specially on video, but she appart from that she is rather plain. I never understood why people criticize her relationship with Andrea. He could be dating models and actresses like mad, and yet, he obviously fell in love with a sweet average girl and was able to look beyond the perfect look.
It's funny, women often criticize men who go for the model type and date pretty girls with empty heads. And when there is a boy who chooses a nice average girl they criticize her because she is not pretty enough!

Pierre, seems to go for the pretty girl type more clearly, but still Beatrice is not a pretty empty head. She is opinionated, cultivated, and has a strong character. I mean, her exterior might be beautiful but the inside is not empty either!

I agree when you all say that speaks very well of Charlotte that she dates guys that are not crazy good looking, empty socialites. That's one of the things i like about her.

How do you know that Alex Dellal is not a void socialite? Does anybody know him? or just because he´s not the average good-lookignt hat means he´s an interesting man? And how do you know Gad is an interesting man, because he´s an actor? Too many chiches. I don´t think she goes through the world disregarding good-looking men. Shes just has had bad taste, or has chosen "not the standard handsome ones". If we consider Caroline is far more cultivated and intelligent than Charlotte, at least from people who know her, how do you explain she ended up with Casiraghi, who was quite handsome and not exactly the brightest?People just fall in love, they don´t match beauty with beauty and talent with talent.

All of you are speculating. I doubt anyone on this thread knows or knew any of these people personally. You can't tell what someone is like looking at a picture.

Love life and attraction is not a race! And when you fall in love with someone is not because he is A class in beauty or intelligence, it is for a whole chemistry, for the commun things and for the love and feelings.
And how do we know that Stefano was not bright? He gave very few interviews, he was shy and he died young.

FanofMonaco said:
All of you are speculating. I doubt anyone on this thread knows or knew any of these people personally. You can't tell what someone is like looking at a picture.

You are right. Nevertheless french people might know quite well Gad, if he gave many TV interviews, but we can not know the real Casiraghis and for sure NOT the real Alex Dellal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone is saying that we know these people personally. But I can form some opinion based on what I have read/seen. Alex, from the interviews I've read of his, seems like an interesting character. He, like Charlotte, seems to read a lot, and instead of spending all of his money partying and vacationing (like someone else we know of a couple of years ago:whistling:), he decided to open an art gallery which he is deeply involved in. No, I don't know him personally, but I think these things speak well of some aspect of his character.

In the same vein, no one is professing to know the real Casiraghis, but we can form some opinion based on their actions---such as the people they choose to enter into relationships with.

It's funny to agree so much with you Kells:flowers:, but I do agree with everything you said.
We don't know these people, but we can form an opinion based on what we see/listen about them.

Felix was more the pretty boy type. But we know that he was a talented student or at least a hard working student, since he was in prépa with Charlotte and tried to enter the ENS the same year she did.

I read an interview with Alex some time ago, and he really talked like someone cultivated and intelligent. If his head is void he conceals it remarcably well.:D

Gad ¡s a well known person in France, and it is a fact that he is clever an funny. He is not the kind of celebrity who exhibits his personal life and he is also better educated than most actors (at least he has a university degree).
Also he is not just a funny face. He does stand up comedy and he writes his own scripts, so he obvioulsy isn't just a funny empty head.

I wonder thought, about some of the things Rosana said. How do you know that Caroline is more cultivated than Charlotte? Both followed some kind of undeterminated and unfinished university studies, but every french student will tell you that following two years of prépa, as Charlotte did, is more difficult and harder work than doing some incomplete studies of Philosophie at the Sorbonne and some unidentified courses on children psicology. She probably knows more things because she is older, but there is no reason whatsoever to asure that she is more intelligent or cultivated than Charlotte.

Also, how do you know that Stefano wasn't bright? By all accounts he was a business shark. I don't know if he had an interest in arts or science but I seriously doubt he wasn't bright in his own way.

Last edited:
Don't forget that men are intimidated by beautiful women. Fact. And especially smart beautiful women that are not only a triple threat, but also a quadruple threat.

I'm thinking the only ones that approach Charlotte are the ones that feel they don't have a shot, or else she approaches them. Come on, you read it all the time how beautiful women never get asked out for dates (e.g. Brooke Shields when she was young).

Lol even me (no beauty queen but not bad looking) was never asked out in college, and when I asked my guy friend he said that the guys called me "Ice Queen" behind my back because they were intimidated by me. Why I asked? He said you're goodlooking and also the smartest one on campus, always busy, won a lot of awards, and give out a vibe of "don't touch" because they knew I was a so-called lady. :D ps: and it didn't help I'm a type A personality... :whistling:

Just an illustration.

I just hope that Charlotte doesn't settle.

I just can't believe that. Both Alex and Gad date/have dated beautiful women. And neither of them looks like someone who is easily intimidated.

Also, I never believed that urban legend about beautiful girls not getting dates. In my experience, the more beautiful a woman is the more men try to get her. I never knew a single beautiful woman who had the problem of not getting dates in real life.
And if the woman is beautiful, clever and has personality, then she is a real killer. She's got men drooling all around.

Oh, I know that some actresses and models complain about it. But it sounds as "real" as when they say: "I eat everything I want and I don't need to exercice, I'm just lucky", or "I don't think I'm beautiful. When I get up in the mornings I look really terrible!". Blah, blah, blah, blah.

On the other hand, it's very posible that many men don't find Charlotte very attractive. She has the kind of beauty that usually appeals more to women. a beautiful face, with strong features and boyish body.

Ask any male friend to choose between Beatrice or Charlotte and you'll see the result!! It can easily go to a 100% votes for Beatrice
Even more interesting. Show them a bikini pic of "plain" Tatiana and another one of Charlotte. I'm sure that nearly everyone will pic Tatiana without much need to think.

Charlotte has a beautiful face, but that aside she has nothing of a men magnet. It probably wasn't her body what charmed Alex or Gad, but her personality and character.

Last edited:
Everybody has their truth, and their own opinion, that I do not deny.

However, I speak from experience, and my sister does too, whom is a knockout and former model (she has had the same experiences as me, just moreso, lol). And they're all facts, things that God knows actually happened.

But I digress, this is about Charlotte and her current activities, which is that she's dating Gad E. at the moment. If he makes her happy that's all that matters, but once again I hope that she doesn't settle. Imho she jumps into one long-term relationship into another without just simply *dating*. And that doesn't mean immediately "shacking" up with the guy. :nonono: I know it's a rather old-fashioned concept nowadays, but why not just go out on a date or two, to a movie, restaurant, dancing, be friends, play the field (once again that doesn't mean jumping into bed & co-habitating right away!), be independent.

Anyhow, that's just my humble opinion. It's her private life and I respect that, just giving an opinion and advice is all. :)

"O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock The meat it feeds on." ~ Shakespeare

I'll willingly concede that I think based purely on what I see of Charlotte's actions that she jumps into serious relationships a little too quickly. Now, I say this tentatively because obviously I don't know her and I'm not with her 24/7 but I can't recall her ever having been without a boyfriend for longer than a month or two since she was sixteen. That worries me because one of the few good things about dating in contemporary society is that a woman doesn't have to be linked up with a man, and it's actually a good thing to be independent. Being single gives you time to learn yourself; it could even open your eyes to things that you never knew or realized. It really does give the opportunity for growth, but like I said, I'm not with her 24/7 so I don't know how long she paused between Felix & Alex, although it seems like she broke up with Alex for Gad.

But I have no reservations about her settling. Why would she settle? She's gorgeous and what's more ridiculously wealthy. That's one thing she'll never be forced to do. And you can't look at those pics of her and Gad and be worried in any way that she's settling with him. She's clearly infatuated, happy, and relaxed. She in no way looks like a woman who is with a man she doesn't really want to be with.

Actually, all three of the Casiraghi seem to look for much more than looks in their partners. I never found Alex that ugly either (actually he was the one of Charlotte's boyfriends whose look I liked better), but he obviously wasn't the pretty type.

Tatiana is sweet, specially on video, but she appart from that she is rather plain. I never understood why people criticize her relationship with Andrea. He could be dating models and actresses like mad, and yet, he obviously fell in love with a sweet average girl and was able to look beyond the perfect look.
It's funny, women often criticize men who go for the model type and date pretty girls with empty heads. And when there is a boy who chooses a nice average girl they criticize her because she is not pretty enough!

Pierre, seems to go for the pretty girl type more clearly, but still Beatrice is not a pretty empty head. She is opinionated, cultivated, and has a strong character. I mean, her exterior might be beautiful but the inside is not empty either!

Tatiana may not be a super model, but she is not plain. And she is definitely not some average joe. She is a very wealthys socialite and heiress. And he has dated other heiresses, and an actress, in the past.

Both boys go for the blue bloods. His brother's girlfriend Beatrice is of the wealthy house of Borromeo, her father is a count. Her half sister is married to Prince Antonius von Furstenberg. She does have a top education, so there are brains there, but she has mainly modelled, and written some articles.

The Casiraghi boys' girlfriends are wealthy and both tall, that's all they seem to have in common.
Tatiana is ridiculously wealthy, but doesn't have any blue blood. About being plain...it's quite subjective. She is not ugly, but not gorgeous either. She is pretty i guess. But her fashion sense ruins it for me, and makes her "ugly".
Beatrice, in the other hand, is a model, an aristocrat with some blue blood on her, and seems to be smart gal. I'm not saying Tatiana is not, but she hasn't done things like Bea that can show us what's she got.

I think she didn't go to NY with her beau only for vac, but also to encourage her brother, whose trial was one of the previous days.

One of the places Gad is working, on his current film ,is New York. That's why she went there. I think the only person who went to court yesterday was Adam Hock. The actual trial is set for the end of May.

Laurence Pieau, who is Closer redaction director, is said to be furious against this judgement. Here is an article (in french) which talks about this affair. All of this is very bad for Charlotte's image. She's not very popular, and I think that this new events won't improve the situation.

Of course, we can agree that Charlotte has the right to have some privacy. But I also agree with Laurence Pieau who says: "But "the Charming Asset of the Rock" wants to get under control some informations which deal with her and decide herself to convoke the press when it arranges her."

She ads: "After having published this article, having writen on this light-hearted subject, - we insist! - we are condamned to pay 10 000 € to the interested. And condamned to publish this judgement which is a french specificity."

I'm sorry but when she complained a lot, comparing herself to Diana, I knew it was all about money... What is the most ambiguous is that she smiles to paparazzis as if she wasn't disturbed, and then she attacks. I noticed the same thing on the New York pics: I'm waiting for the announce of a trial. I don't criticize this: I repeat that I really think that she has the right to have a privacy. If she wants to have a walk with Gad at 8.00 AM to drink some coffee, she shouldn't have to hide from paparazzis. But what is disturbing is when she complains for this privacy, and then accepts some "jobs" which are going to put her more under the light.

You know, I am very interested by her (I wouldn't be there if it wasn't the case) but I don't understand all these contradictions which lead me to think that maybe she just wants more money. As we say in french, and I'm sorry I don't know how to translate it on english, it seems that "elle veut le beurre, l'argent du beurre et le sourire de la crémière".

Last edited:
Laurence Pieau, who is Closer redaction director, is said to be furious against this judgement. Here is an article (in french) which talks about this affair. All of this is very bad for Charlotte's image. She's not very popular, and I think that this new events won't improve the situation.

Of course, we can agree that Charlotte has the right to have some privacy. But I also agree with Laurence Pieau who says: "But "the Charming Asset of the Rock" wants to get under control some informations which deal with her and decide herself to convoke the press when it arranges her."

She ads: "After having published this article, having writen on this light-hearted subject, - we insist! - we are condamned to pay 10 000 € to the interested. And condamned to publish this judgement which is a french specificity."

I'm sorry but when she complained a lot, comparing herself to Diana, I knew it was all about money... What is the most ambiguous is that she smiles to paparazzis as if she wasn't disturbed, and then she attacks. I noticed the same thing on the New York pics: I'm waiting for the announce of a trial. I don't criticize this: I repeat that I really think that she has the right to have a privacy. If she wants to have a walk with Gad at 8.00 AM to drink some coffee, she shouldn't have to hide from paparazzis. But what is disturbing is when she complains for this privacy, and then accepts some "jobs" which are going to put her more under the light.
Well put.
I like Charlotte, not least because she reminds me of young Grace and Caroline, but she must make up her mind: she can be a private individual and a public persona, but not both.

You know, I am very interested by her (I wouldn't be there if it wasn't the case) but I don't understand all these contradictions which lead me to think that maybe she just wants more money. As we say in french, and I'm sorry I don't know how to translate it on english, it seems that "elle veut le beurre, l'argent du beurre et le sourire de la crémière".
I remember this proverb back from school; our teacher always gave its translation (by meaning, not literal) as "you can't have your cake and eat it."

Also, the directors says that they didn't have any paparazzi pics on the magazine. It was just official and consented pics of charlotte where she was willingly posing to attrack publicity to Monaco or her own businesses.
They've been condemned because they "talked" about Gad.

I disagree Kate. The Diana comparison was that she was being chased by paparazzi in cars and motorcyles driving crazy. That is why she filed crimal charges; which pay you no money. It was not only physically dangerous for her but also for others driving on the road. She was correct to file stalking charges in this instance.

I also find journalists as two faced. They complain when they can't stalk a celebrity but what about national newscasters that are on tv every nite. No one ever bothers them (at least in the US). The European Union law is that the press is breaking the law. The editors know they are breaking the law when they publish but continue to do so because it is profitalble for them. In the US there is some kind of unwritten agreement not to publish pictures of foreign dignitaries when they are visiting here privately. I never see pictures of Princess Madeline or the Monegasques when they are in the US. It is just in foreign media.There was a picture for PA and PC riding in the sleigh, in my local paper last week; but that was a public event.

Why are you complaining about Charlotte when it was the press breaking the law? Not even Monaco's law most of the time. Are you condoning criminal behavior?

Last edited:
Charlotte complained because she was chassed by paps and because they were waiting in Gads homeyard for hours. The fight between the Grimaldis and the papz is a very long story and she did well to file a case, otherwise they would arrive to extreme behaviors. The worst example was the pap hidden inside the empty church and steal pics of a mourning Caroline crying to Stefano's cuffin! What could be more horrible? Thanks to the very strict french law the pics never appeared in France, but they appeared in Italy and Germany.
The Grimaldis are not hidden people and they accept to be taken on pics during the open public events, but this does not mean that they are obliged to be photographed at every moment of their private life.

Last edited:
We are talking about two different things.

Charlotte complained using the penal way against the paps that where chasing her. This complaint is legitimate if she was really been chased in a dangerous way but it has not been seen in court.

This "Closer" thing has no relation with her complaint against the paparazzi. They even't weren't any paparazzi pics in the magazine issue she complained about.

The director and some of the people comenting under the piece aren't refusing Charlotte a right to privacy. They are talking against her double standards. Charlotte uses the press to promote herself whenever she feels like it. But she doesn't want to appear in the glossy magazines (even if they are not paparazzi implied) when she doesn't feel like it.

And we can't compare her case with that of famous journalists, actors, singers, etc because when those people appear in the press they do it to promote their work not themselves as persons. Gad, for exemple, has never given an interview to a fashion magazine only to speak about his passions, the books he reads, his pretty horses, his hobbies, his mother notion of elegance and his highschool life. Charlotte has.
She's called the press to talk about herself not her profesional achievements. After that you can't hope to keep the press at bay.

About foreing dignataries vacationing and such... It depends of what kind of dignataries we are speaking about.

I don't believe that any member of any royal family in any democratic country has any right to privacy.
They have huge privileges that none of the citizens of their countries have, just because they are born into a family, with no merit on their part and no election held.

A king is a king 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. They receive special treatment, huge saliries, palaces to live in, etc. since the day they are born since the day they die.
They don't have the same right to privacy every body else has because they have non-earned privileges nobody else has.
They are public persons at all times because the public is paying their travels, clothes, palaces, parties, expensive hobbies, etc, at all times.

As long as I pay with my taxes the keeping of royal palaces, the expensive cars, the drivers, the security, the skiing and yatching holidays, the designer clothes, the horses, their private planes, etc... I refuse to give them any "normal person" right.

If they don't like the deal and they want a right to privacy like everybody else, they just have to become like everybody else and resign their privileges

Last edited:
Charlotte is not a Queen! She has no obligation to accept everything from the Press. As for the few interviews she gave it was in chronological connection with the Gucci matter. She has some obligations towards Gucci but these obligations do not include her private life.

I know Charlotte is not a queen! I wasn't writing about her! When I spoke about royal families I wasn't talking about her but about something FanofMonaco wrote about foreing dignataries in the USA.

About her interviews, when Charlotte appeared in Elle, all she did was talk about "me, me, me" I am so clever, I've read so many books, my mother is so elegant, I own so many horses, I have such good grades, I am so responsible and such a perfectionist, I want to go to the olympics.
That's by definition a 100% personal interview. There was nothing slightly profesional about it.
She wasn't even wearing Gucci.
And there have been other interviews like that.

She won the same judgment against Point de Vue for their Gad/Charlotte cover story and photo....they published it on the cover a few issues ago.

It isn't the first time she has sued them successfully. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom