Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte and Gad on the set of the new movie "L'ecume des jours" directed by Michel Gondry in Paris on May 10, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

What does this girl see in that man? Surely he's funny, intelligent, and has a lot of good human qualities, but he looks like her father...:eek:
I guess that at 26 years of age one should have got over the loss of one's father. Besides she didn't lack of any paternal figures during her younger years...

I know Gad seems an unexpected choice, even for Charlotte, but I don't understand why the mere sight of her and Gad, and before that her and Alex provokes such vitriol. And this is not a slight or criticism at you, Tosca, it's just something I've noticed in general. Alex was too ugly and hipsterish, now Gad is too ugly and too old. Charlotte is the one who has to live with these guys. I don't think I have ever been bothered by who she dates and I doubt I ever will be, unless it's somebody like Marilyn Manson.

At any rate, those are some cute Converses. And :in_love: at Gad working with Michel Gondry!

... And this is not a slight or criticism at you, Tosca, it's just something I've noticed in general. Alex was too ugly and hipsterish, now Gad is too ugly and too old ...

Because, with all due respect, he is.

It becomes more glaring for many in this forum because Charlotte Casiraghi is a stunningly beautiful girl, and for what its worth, I think she deserves better.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^
So his worth as a person is to be based solely on his looks? Should Charlotte be valued in the same way?

Last edited:
With all honest kindness and all due respect, mtatum, that's a little unfair. What do you mean by "better"? Do you mean she "deserves" someone as handsome as she is beautiful? Why? Because that would be more appealing for us as a third party a. k. a. People Who Are Not in the Relationship? Or because beautiful people should date beautiful people and ugly cretins should stay in their place, how dare they presume to date someone more attractive than they?

Have you ever heard of the saying, "Beauty is as beauty does"? This applies as much to Charlotte as it does to anyone else. Just because she is beautiful on the surface does not mean that she is beautiful on the inside. In fact, quite a few of her actions seem to suggest that while she may not be a cruel or evil person, she definitely does have an unwarranted sense of entitlement which I don't need to tell you is not beautiful at all. I like Charlotte a lot, but I am not blind to her less appealing traits.

You say Charlotte deserves "better" but as far as I'm concerned, she's the one who hit the jackpot. Gad is a funny, hugely popular actor who worked hard (hopefully his work ethic will rub off on her) to get where he is, and is working with some of the most respected directors in the business now: Gondry, Woody Allen, Spielberg, etc. Charlotte is the stunningly beautiful daughter of a princess and has worked for and accomplished next to nothing comparatively (though she is young, admittedly). If all she is bringing to the table is her beauty, you don't have to worry, the relationship will be over soon.

All that said, one of the things that I like most about Charlotte is her ability to choose admirable boyfriends based on inner qualities as opposed to beauty. Alex might not have been attractive to most of you guys, but in every one of his interviews he comes off as well-read and extremely driven, and he opened his own art gallery at like 24. I've already listed Gad's credentials. So, I'll reiterate, at least she's not dating somebody like Marilyn Manson, or perhaps worse, a pretty boy entitled son of a wealthy family which she could probably do with her eyes shut.

Hi Kells. Points well taken. Thanks for expressing your thoughts very clearly and respectfully.

I am merely coming from the fact that I have such a superficial knowledge of Charlotte, and it is with this shallowness that I define the adjective "better" when it comes to this topic.

At the end of the day, I am merely a "gawker" in this forum with no personal or professional ties to these topics, and Charlotte Casiraghi interests me because she is Grace Kelly's granddaughter. Yes, I admit that I cringe when I see photos of Charlotte and her new boyfriend. Do I know this guy substantially? No. Am I basing it merely on the photos posted in this forum? Yes. Unfair to be basing my opinion of physical compatibility? I suppose.

Do I cringe when I see photos of Grace Kelly with Oleg Cassini and Princess Caroline with Philip Junot? Oh yes.

Last edited:
:flowers: No problem. I think we are all guilty of making superficial judgments on people.

And Junot was a special case because it was clear there was something shady about him apart from his looks and the age difference between him and Caroline. But as far as I know, Gad doesn't have the same reputation. I honestly don't know if their relationship is good or bad or healthy or otherwise. All together we get maybe 3 - 5 minutes out of their everyday lives, and that's not enough to judge anything. And at the end of the day, it's her business and she has to live with her decisions.

Do I cringe when I see photos of Grace Kelly with Oleg Cassini and Princess Caroline with Philip Junot? Oh yes.

Based purely on physical looks, which is your criteria, they should have been right up your alley.

^^^^^
So his worth as a person is to be based solely on his looks? Should Charlotte be valued in the same way?

We are only looking at still photos of him. Look at his films, you might fall in love too. She does not see a immobile photo when she is with him, she is talking to and having a relationship with a live person. Personality is a huge part of a relationship. As a matter of fact, everyone here, lets look at one of his films first and then see if your opinion of him has changed. Bet it will:lol:

He is super adorable. I love his wide-eyed, slack-jawed innocent face. But my absolute favorite film has got to be Hors de Prix. I picture him and Charlotte a lot like him and Audrey Tautou in that film, except Charlotte's not, you know, a selfish, charming gold digger.

Last edited:
I have seen him on film only briefly, but I was completely captivated. He is so sexy and charming, and God help us all if 41 years is considered "old"!

If Gad is lucky to have Charlotte, she is even luckier to have him, imo.

Well, I am one of the few people here who always defended Alex. I never understood why all the hate. He looked like a kind, cultivated and interesting person, and he looked like someone who could be incredibly charming.

I also think that Charlotte taste in men is one of the things that speak better of her. She's never gone for pretty and void wealthy socialites. Both Felix and Alex had well furnished heads.

I'm not shocked by Gad's looks. Actually in a way, he looks a lot like Alex, so it is obvious that that's the kind of look Charlotte likes. He also appears as someone funny and clever.

And I think it's stupid to pretend that beautiful people should only date beautiful people.

What makes me cringe about these two is only the fact that they look like father and daughter in every picture of them we've seen so far. My head knows they are not, but my eyes say otherwise.
I didn't want to comment on these last photos because it was the same story again: oh, God, she looks like her teenage daughter, it's creepy!
I just can't help it.

And of course 41 is not old. For a 41 years old woman.
For a 25 years old girl, yes, it is old.

If Charlotte was my daughter I woulnd't mind seeing her with someone uglier or poorer or foreign, or with a woman if that's her taste.
But I wouldn't like her going out that seriously with someone who is so much older than her.

Since I'm not her mother, I don't care at all, but I canit help cringing when I see the pictures of them together.

Last edited:
Most of the hate for Alex stemmed from his looks. I say this not just about TRF but TFS and some other forums I've been to. A lot of people legitimately believed that he wasn't that intererested in her because he had this "bored" look on his face, but pictures only cover a fraction of a second in time and I always got the impression he was interested in her long before they started dating. Otherwise, for the most part, he was "too ugly" for Charlotte. :bang: No one could wait for their relationship to be over, and now it is and Charlotte has replaced him with someone both "ugly" and "old." Poor girl can't win. But I say more power to her. :lol:

If Charlotte was my daughter I woulnd't mind seeing her with someone uglier or poorer or foreign, or with a woman if that's her taste.
But I wouldn't like her going out that seriously with someone who is so much older than her.

Caroline can't pull that because then Charlotte could call her a hypocrite. Not to say that she can't have learned from that experience, but at this point Charlotte is 25/26, she's grown; technically, she can do what she wants to do, and--hypothetically--the more upset her mom shows herself to be the more Charlotte would probably want to do it.

Last edited:
We are only looking at still photos of him. Look at his films, you might fall in love too. She does not see a immobile photo when she is with him, she is talking to and having a relationship with a live person. Personality is a huge part of a relationship. As a matter of fact, everyone here, lets look at one of his films first and then see if your opinion of him has changed. Bet it will:lol:

I saw Gad in "The Valet" and he comes across as very appealing and funny in a self-deprecating way. Of course, that was the role he played and you can't base that as his genuine characteristics. If they make each other happy, despite the age difference, that's the main thing and looks shouldn't have anything to do with the matter. Besides, I don't find him repulsive at all but as you get older, I find that looks aren't everything.

Last edited:
I also think that Charlotte taste in men is one of the things that speak better of her. She's never gone for pretty and void wealthy socialites. Both Felix and Alex had well furnished heads.

I'm not shocked by Gad's looks. Actually in a way, he looks a lot like Alex, so it is obvious that that's the kind of look Charlotte likes. He also appears as someone funny and clever.
And I think it's stupid to pretend that beautiful people should only date beautiful people.
What makes me cringe about these two is only the fact that they look like father and daughter in every picture of them we've seen so far. My head knows they are not, but my eyes say otherwise.
I didn't want to comment on these last photos because it was the same story again: oh, God, she looks like her teenage daughter, it's creepy!
I just can't help it.

I fully agree wirh you. Charlotte never choose beautiful brainless guys!
Of course the age difference is shocking me, but I trust Charlotte that if something goe wrong, she will stop it. Didn't she break with Alex, after 4 years? If with Gad it does not goes well, she will break, but for the moment it seems nice.

What does this girl see in that man? Surely he's funny, intelligent, and has a lot of good human qualities, but he looks like her father...:eek:
I guess that at 26 years of age one should have got over the loss of one's father. Besides she didn't lack of any paternal figures during her younger years...

Of course she did!! She was too young to have any rememrance of Stefano. EA came much much later.
As far as Vincent Lindon was concerned, he might did not succeed to this role. And her was not a father's substiture, he was just her mother's boyfriend. They did not live all togetjer as a rela family!

One does not have to choose between old and odd or beautiful and brainless. There are attractive and intelligent people out there. Especially for someone like Charlotte, she could have her pick of any male on the planet I would think. It is not being out of line to want the very best for someone. I think Charlotte could do better than Gad, I thought she could do better than Alex and (here's the important bit, get ready for it) I have often said that no matter who Charlotte goes with I will probably always say the same. I've said the same about Stephanie and Caroline in all of their romantic misadventures. I adore these people and, if I'm going to be honest, I doubt anyone will ever be "good enough" in my book.

I don't see why a girl would find this man attractive (obviously many do) but I have more of a problem with his age (robbing the cradle much?), which is not a little difference it's over a decade of difference, and that he already has a child. He may be a perfectly fine gentleman (for Charlotte's sake I hope he is) and I wish her nothing but the best, but everyone doesn't have to like him just because she does. I also don't care to have my opinion belittled by anyone who has no more reason to like the man than I do to dislike him. A young Grimaldi going with a much older man, yes, I admit, memories of Junot popped into my head too. I think she could do better, and probably always will. I don't hate the man, I don't hold some sort of grudge against him and I'm not worried about it because, even though I've never "approved" of any of her boyfriends I have always been impressed by how steady and serious Charlotte takes her relationships.

And please, just let me say, let's not make this some sort of test in broad-mindedness or who is being more shallow than who. As if people finding Gad unattractive means that 'looks matter to them but they don't matter to Charlotte -that's not the true worth of a person' and so on. If Charlotte wanted to impress me in that area, date someone from the working class with less than a million dollars in the bank -I doubt that will ever happen and it doesn't make me think any less of her, so, I'd just rather not hear any of that sort of talk.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

One does not have to choose between old and odd or beautiful and brainless. There are attractive and intelligent people out there. Especially for someone like Charlotte, she could have her pick of any male on the planet I would think.

You're right. And she chose Gad.

It is not being out of line to want the very best for someone. I think Charlotte could do better than Gad, I thought she could do better than Alex and (here's the important bit, get ready for it) I have often said that no matter who Charlotte goes with I will probably always say the same. I've said the same about Stephanie and Caroline in all of their romantic misadventures. I adore these people and, if I'm going to be honest, I doubt anyone will ever be "good enough" in my book.

I don't see why a girl would find this man attractive (obviously many do) but I have more of a problem with his age (robbing the cradle much?), which is not a little difference it's over a decade of difference, and that he already has a child. He may be a perfectly fine gentleman (for Charlotte's sake I hope he is) and I wish her nothing but the best, but everyone doesn't have to like him just because she does. I also don't care to have my opinion belittled by anyone who has no more reason to like the man than I do to dislike him. A young Grimaldi going with a much older man, yes, I admit, memories of Junot popped into my head too. I think she could do better, and probably always will. I don't hate the man, I don't hold some sort of grudge against him and I'm not worried about it because, even though I've never "approved" of any of her boyfriends I have always been impressed by how steady and serious Charlotte takes her relationships.

And please, just let me say, let's not make this some sort of test in broad-mindedness or who is being more shallow than who. As if people finding Gad unattractive means that 'looks matter to them but they don't matter to Charlotte -that's not the true worth of a person' and so on. If Charlotte wanted to impress me in that area, date someone from the working class with less than a million dollars in the bank -I doubt that will ever happen and it doesn't make me think any less of her, so, I'd just rather not hear any of that sort of talk.

Let me start off by saying Bones that I completely respect your opinion and understand where you're coming from even. I don't feel the same kind of "protectiveness" for lack of a better word or admiration for the Grimaldis because most of what interests me about them is inherited. However, I do feel something akin to what you're describing for some of my favorite actors. That said, I have to respectfully disagree. When your main gripe with someone is their looks, that's shallow. I'm sorry. There's no other way to put it.

Also, I don't think anyone intended to belittle anyone else's opinion and I certainly didn't mean to come off that way. My own personal stance is that we don't know Charlotte and we don't know Gad. I cannot say that Charlotte "deserves better" because that places her in a position of superiority that I (note the I) cannot agree with. What makes her so special? She was born to a princess; she was born with great genes; she can take credit for neither of these things. More to the point, by saying she deserves "better"--whether you like Gad or not, that's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinions--but what exactly makes him "unworthy"? The age difference is something that makes most people uncomfortable, but where I have to get off is with the "worth" issue. I have trouble saying that one person is in any way "unworthy" of another person. Forgive the cliche, but we're all created equal--rich, homeless, beautiful, and ugly, alike. This idea that Charlotte can "do better" is not flattering to her it's insulting to the person she chooses to be with.

Again, I'm not trying to negate your opinion and like I said, I understand what you mean by thinking that no one will ever be "good enough" but I'm just stating my own personal stance. It's certainly not out of line to want the best for someone, but I just can't get behind diminishing someone else's worth.

Last edited:
You're right. And she chose Gad.

Let me start off by saying Bones that I completely respect your opinion and understand where you're coming from even. I don't feel the same kind of "protectiveness" for lack of a better word or admiration for the Grimaldis because most of what interests me about them is inherited. However, I do feel something akin to what you're describing for some of my favorite actors. That said, I have to respectfully disagree. When your main gripe with someone is their looks, that's shallow. I'm sorry. There's no other way to put it.

Also, I don't think anyone intended to belittle anyone else's opinion and I certainly didn't mean to come off that way. My own personal stance is that we don't know Charlotte and we don't know Gad. I cannot say that Charlotte "deserves better" because that places her in a position of superiority that I (note the I) cannot agree with. What makes her so special? She was born to a princess; she was born with great genes; she can take credit for neither of these things. More to the point, by saying she deserves "better"--whether you like Gad or not, that's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinions--but what exactly makes him "unworthy"? The age difference is something that makes most people uncomfortable, but where I have to get off is with the "worth" issue. I have trouble saying that one person is in any way "unworthy" of another person. Forgive the cliche, but we're all created equal--rich, homeless, beautiful, and ugly, alike. This idea that Charlotte can "do better" is not flattering to her it's insulting to the person she chooses to be with.

Again, I'm not trying to negate your opinion and like I said, I understand what you mean by thinking that no one will ever be "good enough" but I'm just stating my own personal stance. It's certainly not out of line to want the best for someone, but I just can't get behind diminishing someone else's worth.

For the record I specifically said my main gripe was not his looks, I just don't see why it is broad-minded to have a relationship with a person who is unattractive but not "shallow" to only have relationships with those who are extremely wealthy. My point was that if the one is shallow then so is the other, I thought I made that clear, just as I thought I made it clear that "looks" were not the determining factor for me but, it seems I did not. Hopefully I have now.

As for the rest, I really don't know how I explain something as instinctive and personal as these feelings are. I assumed it was something everyone would know in one context or another. I cannot imagine not knowing the feeling, that you feel different about someone you know, someone you've watched grow up compared so someone you don't and have not. Talking about human equality is fine and dandy but, like it or not, while we all have equal human value and we (should) all have equal rights, we cannot care for everyone equally. To care for everyone is to care for no one. I care about Charlotte, I don't care about Gad (I didn't care for Alex either if that matters). Again, this is hard for me to explain because I cannot grasp someone being unfamiliar with the concept. Let me just assure you (I can think of nothing better to do) that if you had children, you would understand what it means to care more about what happens to some people than others, what it means to want the best for someone and what it means to be constantly disappointed that their boyfriends or girlfriends are unworthy of them. And they almost always will be because, *your* children are (or would be) the greatest most perfect human beings to ever walk the earth and no other children will ever measure up. Because you don't care as much for the rest as you do for your own. It doesn't mean you hate all children except your own, but your own are special to you. If you care about someone you always feel that they "deserve better" even if there is no real concrete reason for it.

That's an extreme example in a way, but it's the best illustration I could think of right off the top of my head to explain something I never expected to have to explain. I could say there are probably really enthusiastic Gad admirers or fans or Gad groupies or something of the sort that might take the same attitude toward him and think Charlotte is not worthy of someone so spectacular as their favorite comic-actor. But I can't say that because I can't imagine anyone thinking dear Charlie is not good enough. Because I care about her. Simple as that. It's not a slam on his human dignity or an estimation of his value as a member of the human race ... I just think she could have chosen someone better. If my own daughter started dating a man 15 years older than her who already had a child of his own, I would not be best pleased. I might come to accept him, might even come to like him but when it is someone you care about you're always going to want something (probably unrealistically) ideal for them.

If I have not said it enough, I will say it again, he may be a fine fellow, I have yet to meet him myself, he may be "Mr Wonderful" in the flesh but I think she could do better. Or, perhaps I should say for the sake of the ultra-sensitive, I think she could find someone *better for her*. That's just my feeling on it, I don't pretend to be un-biased, I don't claim any moral superiority, I don't think anyone who adores Gad and thinks he's the best thing to ever happen to Charlotte and that he's absolutely the one and only man for her are in anyway wrong or putting Charlotte or anyone else down. That's how they feel, I would not be upset for them to be correct. It's just not how I feel.

Last edited:
For the record I specifically said my main gripe was not his looks, I just don't see why it is broad-minded to have a relationship with a person who is unattractive but not "shallow" to only have relationships with those who are extremely wealthy. My point was that if the one is shallow then so is the other, I thought I made that clear, just as I thought I made it clear that "looks" were not the determining factor for me but, it seems I did not. Hopefully I have now.

OKay. Felix--and correct me, anyone, if I'm wrong--was not extremely wealthy. He and his sister had money, but nowhere near on par with Charlotte's family and friends.

It makes sense that her boyfriends are wealthy because those are the circles she moves in. Why would she go out of her way to find a poor/middle-class person to date when she is surrounded by eligible men who know her, trust her, and whom she trusts back? From the little tidbits I've read about her personality, one common denominator is that she's a very guarded person. And why shouldn't she be? Another gripe against Alex and his family (which I kind of agreed with when it came to his family) were that they were possibly using Charlotte for publicity. In the same vein, a less wealthy man might use Charlotte for money. Unkind as it is, that's a legitimate fear to have and it's happened between people with nowhere near as much money as Charlotte has, so it could quite easily happen to her.

Whether we like to admit it or not, relationships where there is a discrepancy between money and class carry certain issues or problems that maybe Charlotte is not willing to deal with. That's not to say that people with different socio-economic backgrounds can't have a good and/or lasting relationship, but it's in a whole other field than not dating someone because they are not as pretty as you. One is shallow because you're judging people based on physicality which has nothing to do with personality and has no effect on the relationship unless you care about looks. Money and class on the other hand do have an effect on a relationship, and there's no getting around that.

As for the rest, I really don't know how I explain something as instinctive and personal as these feelings are. I assumed it was something everyone would know in one context or another. I cannot imagine not knowing the feeling, that you feel different about someone you know, someone you've watched grow up compared so someone you don't and have not. Talking about human equality is fine and dandy but, like it or not, while we all have equal human value and we (should) all have equal rights, we cannot care for everyone equally. To care for everyone is to care for no one. I care about Charlotte, I don't care about Gad (I didn't care for Alex either if that matters). Again, this is hard for me to explain because I cannot grasp someone being unfamiliar with the concept. Let me just assure you (I can think of nothing better to do) that if you had children, you would understand what it means to care more about what happens to some people than others, what it means to want the best for someone and what it means to be constantly disappointed that their boyfriends or girlfriends are unworthy of them. And they almost always will be because, *your* children are (or would be) the greatest most perfect human beings to ever walk the earth and no other children will ever measure up. Because you don't care as much for the rest as you do for your own. It doesn't mean you hate all children except your own, but your own are special to you. If you care about someone you always feel that they "deserve better" even if there is no real concrete reason for it.

That's an extreme example in a way, but it's the best illustration I could think of right off the top of my head to explain something I never expected to have to explain. I could say there are probably really enthusiastic Gad admirers or fans or Gad groupies or something of the sort that might take the same attitude toward him and think Charlotte is not worthy of someone so spectacular as their favorite comic-actor. But I can't say that because I can't imagine anyone thinking dear Charlie is not good enough. Because I care about her. Simple as that. It's not a slam on his human dignity or an estimation of his value as a member of the human race ... I just think she could have chosen someone better. If my own daughter started dating a man 15 years older than her who already had a child of his own, I would not be best pleased. I might come to accept him, might even come to like him but when it is someone you care about you're always going to want something (probably unrealistically) ideal for them.

If I have not said it enough, I will say it again, he may be a fine fellow, I have yet to meet him myself, he may be "Mr Wonderful" in the flesh but I think she could do better. Or, perhaps I should say for the sake of the ultra-sensitive, I think she could find someone *better for her*. That's just my feeling on it, I don't pretend to be un-biased, I don't claim any moral superiority, I don't think anyone who adores Gad and thinks he's the best thing to ever happen to Charlotte and that he's absolutely the one and only man for her are in anyway wrong or putting Charlotte or anyone else down. That's how they feel, I would not be upset for them to be correct. It's just not how I feel.

You explained yourself fine, and perhaps I didn't say this or make myself clear: You are--and you don't need me to tell you--entitled to your own opinions which a lot of people share. But relationships are not made based on things like looks and age and whether one partner has a child or not. That's all I mean. But I just hope we respectfully agree to disagree on this point. :flowers:

One is shallow because you're judging people based on physicality which has nothing to do with personality and has no effect on the relationship unless you care about looks. Money and class on the other hand do have an effect on a relationship, and there's no getting around that.

If that's your view, you are entitled to it but I disagree. Judging people by the size of their bank account seems just as shallow to me as judging people based on their appearance.

But relationships are not made based on things like looks and age and whether one partner has a child or not.
So being of totally different generations has nothing to do with a relationship, becoming a stepmother on your wedding day has no bearing on a relationship but being of the same social background and financial status does? God bless you, but I just can't accept that. Anyway, my point was not what their relationship was based on, my point was just what my opinion is based on as it concerns to what I would like for Charlotte -which is obviously not the same as what she wants.

This is all very subjective, I hope everyone can agree on that. Looks don't matter to me because I can't really judge what makes for a good looking man (just not wired that way) but the Grimaldi girls have gone with some drastically different men in terms of looks and one group never seemed to do better than another. Stephanie has gone with some 'regular joes' and it didn't work out, Caroline stuck to her own kind and married a prince and that didn't work out either. I was not a big fan of Princess Charlene when she was still just the girlfriend, but I've gotten used to her now and I really hope they beat the Grimaldi odds and have a long and happy marriage (*knocking wood*).

If that's your view, you are entitled to it but I disagree. Judging people by the size of their bank account seems just as shallow to me as judging people based on their appearance.

Wow. You absolutely missed the point of what I was saying. Or maybe I'm just not expressing myself clearly. Alright. Let me break this down for you. I was offering an explanation for why Charlotte possibly hasn't dated someone from a vastly different socio-economic background:

a) She moves in circles that contain mostly wealthy people; and many people, not just her, meet romantic partners through friendships, whether they are direct friends or they meet through mutual friends.

b) She might have a fear of being exploited for her name and/or her fortune (which I admitted can happen with people from her own social class, so...)

I was trying to point out why Charlotte "might" have reservations about dating someone who might not be as wealthy as she is. It's hypothetical. I don't know why she dates the men that she dates, because I don't know her and I don't know them.

I get what you're saying about judging based on looks and money being shallow; but that only holds water if you're putting it in the context that Charlotte decides I'm not going to date anybody who is worth under $2 million or whatever, which, for someone you claim to adore, does not speak very highly of her. Anyway, I doubt she does that.

I do, however, think that she moves in certain circles that mainly contain men with a certain amount of money. Why does that make her shallow if she chooses to pair off with people within her main circle? Most people are guilty of that, rich, poor, middle-class, etc. You generally fall for people who you see on a regular or semi-regular basis--that means people who may have the same or similar jobs, go to the same school, or knows someone you know.

Of course I agree if one were to say, oh Joe S. only makes $5 a week, I can't possibly date him--that would be as shallow as not dating someone because he/she is so-called "ugly." But in Charlotte's case, each one of her boyfriends she has met through friends. It's just a little incredible that you expect her to date some guy who works at the post office.

So being of totally different generations has nothing to do with a relationship, becoming a stepmother on your wedding day has no bearing on a relationship but being of the same social background and financial status does?

Perhaps, I should've used a different word: I meant relationships are not formed based on these things. It has become increasingly less and less taboo for not only younger women to date/marry older men, but for older women to date/marry younger men. I do agree that the generational gap can be jarring, confusing, and even gross on certain levels. Hugh Hefner springs immediately to mind. What I meant, was that it does not stop people from forming a relationship, be it fleeting or lasting. Money and class rarely stop people either, if it makes you feel any better.

Last edited:
:bang: I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose now. I very clearly and specifically said, in my very first post on this subject:
So don't you dare try to act like I've accused Charlotte of being "shallow" here for not dating postal workers. I only mentioned it in the first place only because of the 'holier than thou' attitude being displayed by some commentators that they could look beyond appearance and anyone who criticized Gad was just doing so because of his looks.

And it is blatantly obvious, this very couple being an example, that age or income is no barrier to forming relationships. I never said any such thing, nor did I imply such a thing. I said, in fact I repeated it again, maybe I'll just repeat it a third time:
Anyway, my point was not what their relationship was based on, my point was just what my opinion is based on as it concerns to what I would like for Charlotte -which is obviously not the same as what she wants.
I never tried to set down any rules about who could do what with whom. I do adore Charlotte, as I do most all the Grimaldis, but that doesn't mean I have to approve of everything they do or everyone they date. I thought I made that clear, I thought I even cited examples but ... ah, whatever...

Time to move on and to concentrate on the actual current events again! Thanks!

Anyway, so happy that she's in Cannes! It's kind of odd that she would choose that premiere to go to...not that she can't watch animated films, I mean, I do. I just never would've pegged her for a Madagascar fan. Although Salma and her husband are there as well so it makes a little more sense. I love the dress though. Very elegant and she does the minimalistic look so well. And her hair is so gorgeous! The whole look is beautiful, but her posture kills me everytime.

Escuse my question but why is she in Cannes to attend a premiere? Aren't the cast crew the only ones who are allowed to be on the redcarpet?

Last edited:
Gad is in Cannes too. I saw him during a photo-call.

And no, everyone with enough star allure is allowed onto the red carpets.

Charlotte is looking great here. I don't know how to say it, but she looks like a woman, not a teen like she uses to.
Btw, Andrea and Tatiana have attended in the past movie premieres in Cannes too. So yes, people with enough star power can go.

I haven't seen Gad at all. I didn't think that he had a film opening at Cannes. It would be sweet if Charlotte turned up with him on the red carpet though. Do you remember which photocall it was, Empress?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom