The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyromanov View Post
I found 10 pictures more of Self Service. Some of them I posted before here.

http://imageshack.us/a/img407/3587/media167230690.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img543/6500/media167230678.jpg

The others here Book 2 - MACIEK KOBIELSKI - ARTLIST
Well, with those photographs! At least they have to do with her hobby; horseriding.
But even Zara Phillips doesn't have such a promotion.
They are really beautiful, anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Well, the papers say the company aim is to produce movies, video-clips, publicity, literary and musical producs, as well as sell promotion merchandise related to them (fashion items and such). She figures as bussiness manager of the Production House, and it looks as it is mainly her company and her idea.
Now i am jealous! When you have the name and you are famous you can start everything you want. You come up with an idea and you make it reality!

Old 10-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Well, with those photographs! At least they have to do with her hobby; horseriding.
But even Zara Phillips doesn't have such a promotion.
They are really beautiful, anyway!
That's because Zara is not being sponsored by Gucci. Most of Char's photoshoots have been shot after being under contract by Gucci.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Well, Zara is sponsored by Rolex and a handful of other firms and she doesn't use them as platform to talk about herself.

Also, I don't think that Gucci has much to do with this thing with Self Service magazine, Charlotte is not even dressing their clothes.

It just looks like a public exercise of pointless narcissim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Now i am jealous! When you have the name and you are famous you can start everything you want. You come up with an idea and you make it reality!
haha, me too! at least she does interesting things with her money, good for her! :-)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Courtier

I read somewhere (but I can't remember where, I'm sorry) that Charlotte is a fan of Self Service: this could explain her contribution to this issue.
However, we have to remember that in the past she had a long term relationship which leaded her to evolve in an artistic background: these pics pretend to be artistics, especially the first ones which were published on the web. Some of them were interesting, because both Charlotte, lights and setting were beautiful. Unfortunately, Charlotte is lifeless on posed pics, and they should have only published these first pics because her lack of charisma - or lack of confidence was softened by the artistic direction.
All the pics which appeared later (with horses, blond wig) are a bit off the subject to me... I don't see anything artistic anymore in them, and I understand people saying it's only narcissism. They tried to introduced her as a funny girl, having fun with her friends (am I the only one to have recognised Juliette Maillot as the girl with the red shirt?) and evolving in the equestrian world: it appears to be a promotion of her life. If all of this had another aim, it's a fail because we can't find it out. By the way I was a bit confused while looking at them because they are intrusive and don't match with Charlotte's will to have some privacy.

I wanted to share this article with you: it is written by a blogger who said he saw Charlotte in London, while walking in the street. He describes her as wearing an "expensive fur piece", and the scene is supposed to take place in october, 12th.

I also found this pic: I guess that this girl is Charlotte, and that the pic was shot for Self Service (same make up).
Old 10-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
I wanted to share this article with you: it is written by a blogger who said he saw Charlotte in London, while walking in the street. He describes her as wearing an "expensive fur piece", and the scene is supposed to take place in october, 12th.

I also found this pic: I guess that this girl is Charlotte, and that the pic was shot for Self Service (same make up).
Is she in London right now?
I hope the fur she was wearing was actually fake..

Hmm, LovelyKate, i don't think this woman in the pic is Charlotte. She is a bit different But she is really beautiful! I'd like to learn her name.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
Is she in London right now?
I hope the fur she was wearing was actually fake..

Hmm, LovelyKate, i don't think this woman in the pic is Charlotte. She is a bit different But she is really beautiful! I'd like to learn her name.
I do not think her fur was fake. I think i saw her with fur and her mum has often wear real fur
Old 10-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Think of yourself as Charlotte and you'd like to immerse yourself in the art world but is unsure how to go about it. You have artist friends, designer friends, an actor boyfriend who have all found their places in that world. You'd like to write but you might know you're not extraordinary at it. Same thing for your sport. Every heiress is a designer these days, so no, you can't be one too. Meanwhile, despite the dizzying array of options you have at your disposal that's brought about by your pedigree, family wealth and pretty face, the only thing you're ever sure of is that everyone in the world of fashion publishing wants a piece of you and is willing to pay you loads of money to be in their magazines. You have passions, hobbies, projects that are about fashion (Ever) and video art production. All of those things require money, exposure, credibility. And maybe you are just a tad narcissistic. You love your privacy, sure, but you have the option to be on the front page of a very exclusive fashion magazine (SS) that doesn't even have a set publication date and a wikipedia page. You already did French Vogue, but hey, someone you respect very much wanted you on the cover of her magazine. On the September issue. This new magazine that wants you is even more exclusive. So exclusive that no one outside of fashion capitals has heard of it and it's Facebook page only has 17k likes. You'd justify an extensive photoshoot by saying you don't think this would trouble your privacy that much since even the paparazzis have probably never heard of the magazine. Your audience this time are not the plebs reading Vogue Paris but the ones who could help you out with your current and future projects. You'd think, this is the best way to raise your profile among the right people. Sure people will wonder what you're up to--the ones you trust will be proud of you, the ones who don't know you will think you have no right to be so prominently featured in such a magazine--but then this is what you want to do at this time of your life, does the latter really matter?

Considering all that, would you be able to resist being SS cover girl?

Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Think of yourself as Charlotte and you'd like to immerse yourself in the art world but is unsure how to go about it. You have artist friends, designer friends, an actor boyfriend who have all found their places in that world. You'd like to write but you might know you're not extraordinary at it. Same thing for your sport. Every heiress is a designer these days, so no, you can't be one too. Meanwhile, despite the dizzying array of options you have at your disposal that's brought about by your pedigree, family wealth and pretty face, the only thing you're ever sure of is that everyone in the world of fashion publishing wants a piece of you and is willing to pay you loads of money to be in their magazines. You have passions, hobbies, projects that are about fashion (Ever) and video art production. All of those things require money, exposure, credibility. And maybe you are just a tad narcissistic. You love your privacy, sure, but you have the option to be on the front page of a very exclusive fashion magazine (SS) that doesn't even have a set publication date and a wikipedia page. You already did French Vogue, but hey, someone you respect very much wanted you on the cover of her magazine. On the September issue. This new magazine that wants you is even more exclusive. So exclusive that no one outside of fashion capitals has heard of it and it's Facebook page only has 17k likes. You'd justify an extensive photoshoot by saying you don't think this would trouble your privacy that much since even the paparazzis have probably never heard of the magazine. Your audience this time are not the plebs reading Vogue Paris but the ones who could help you out with your current and future projects. You'd think, this is the best way to raise your profile among the right people. Sure people will wonder what you're up to--the ones you trust will be proud of you, the ones who don't know you will think you have no right to be so prominently featured in such a magazine--but then this is what you want to do at this time of your life, does the latter really matter?

Considering all that, would you be able to resist being SS cover girl?
Well said.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Today, Charlotte is in Madrid, as the star of a Cartier event.
Carlota Casiraghi y la baronesa Thyssen, juntas en Madrid - ABC.es
She's going to visit an exposition (detail of the exposition here) in Thyssen museum, with the baroness Thyssen. This exposition presents 420 pieces from Cartier. Some of them had been worn in the past by Princess Grace - which would justify Charlotte's presence -plus the fact that, according to me, Charlotte has a contract with Cartier).
We are probably going to have lots of pics of the visit and then of the party in the afternoon.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Today, Charlotte is in Madrid, as the star of a Cartier event.
Carlota Casiraghi y la baronesa Thyssen, juntas en Madrid - ABC.es
She's going to visit an exposition (detail of the exposition here) in Thyssen museum, with the baroness Thyssen. This exposition presents 420 pieces from Cartier. Some of them had been worn in the past by Princess Grace - which would justify Charlotte's presence -plus the fact that, according to me, Charlotte has a contract with Cartier).
We are probably going to have lots of pics of the visit and then of the party in the afternoon.
Thanks so much for the info my dearest LovelyKate
i'm looking forward to Char's appearences.
Well, i do also think she has a contract with Cartier. Her life is so interesting. Not thas she's doing sth special or difficult - many celebs don't do - but all those photoshoots, appearences and her contribution to Gucci's activities are pretty exciting.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Commoner

First pic in Madrid
Old 10-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
-plus the fact that, according to me, Charlotte has a contract with Cartier).
I'm sure she does. That's why she was in NY for the clou jewel thing and in Dubai at the polo championship.
Monica Bellucci who has had a contract with Cartier for ages was at the same event in Dubai a couple of years ago, so I guess every year they take a different person there.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the link aminolta!
I guess that the man with Charlotte is a Cartier dirigeant: he was with her at the opening of the 26th Antique and Arts Biennale (pic here, from zimbio).
Because of her aura and of her family story which is linked to the brand, Charlotte is an ideal representant for Cartier. They don't officially say that she's under contract, but it's more and more obvious! The proof is that we see her at a lots of Cartier event, or that in articles we can read in captions under Charlotte's pics "Cartier jewells".

Is there a dress code for her appearances at Cartier events? She was already in black and gold in New York, and she wears same colors today in Madrid.
Does anybody knows if these clothes are from her personnel wardrobe or if Gucci lends her some piece?

Edit: she is so sweet when she smiles like that! She looks fresh and young. Light make up suits her well.
Links: HOLA article - HOLA gallery - VANITATIS gallery - Terra gallery
Old 10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Does anybody knows if these clothes are from her personnel wardrobe or if Gucci lends her some piece?
I'm sure there is a dress code. When you are "selling" jewels you must be elegant and you should wear simple, dark outfits to enphasize the jewels.
Iguess they are from her personal wardrobe but must be pre-aproved by Cartier either that or they choose them together.
Again going by the Monica Bellucci example, she is someone with a very distinctive style and when she goes to Cartier events you can tell she is wearing her own clothes or clothes she has chosen herself.
I guess it must be the same thing with Charlotte. Cartier respects her style, she respects Cartier dressing code, and they come to a compromise.

Now, I'm not sure Cartier checked on the shoes! She is beautiful, I love her natural make-up and trousers and top are elegant and classy, but the sandals are awful. The look like a tourist's
Old 10-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Thank you Trepstep! I think that Charlotte is perfect for this appearance: she's very elegant, and I have nothing to say about her posture... for the first time!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another galleryof the opening today:

** ppe gallery **
Old 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

I like her trousers and the make up! I would prefer a blouse with more colour, but that's not bas either! The posture is the only thing that ruins everything,
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...-2012%20Madrid
but anyway, she is really beautiful!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Courtier

Zimbio gallery: it's amazing how different her skin looks between pics from agencies pics in articles. They can't help using photoshop!

On the picture you put in evidence azure Charlotte's posture is awful. I wonder if it's not because she was going to shake baroness' hand (on picture 5 of the gallery). When she shakes one's hand she always leans forward, as her mother does.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Love the outfit. So clean and cut.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Zimbio gallery: it's amazing how different her skin looks between pics from agencies pics in articles. They can't help using photoshop!
I hadn't noticed it but you're right! Her skin in the first pic was so flawless! But I didn't notice it was airbrushed.

It's a relief to see that in real life she has oily skin, like the rest of human beings!

Tags
charlotte casiraghi, current events