The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I don't really see Grace in either of them but I do think their looks owe a lot to Princess Charlotte. Caroline especially resembles her paternal grandmother.

There is this great video on youtube about the Grimaldis and features a great collection of home videos.

I saw some videos of Princess Charlotte, Rainier's mother, that I never saw before. And as much as she and her granddaughter share the same dark features, Princess Charlotte had an overbite, a rather large nose for her face, and did not possess the striking facial bone structure that Caroline and Charlotte Casiraghi have -- she actually had a droopy face. Princess Charlotte's photos and official portraits were stunning, but she was not a great beauty based on the videos.

When you see Princess Grace in video, you can see Caroline and Charlotte in her expressions and carriage.

So I do agree with Dman in an earlier post that Caroline and Charlotte are blessed with Princess Grace's beauty. Grace just happened to be blonde and fair while the younger generations are exotic and Mediterranean. Caroline's coloring she inherited from her paternal grandmother, the beauty and carriage from her mother.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
Grace just happened to be blonde and fair while the younger generations are exotic and Mediterranean.
Exotic? What do you mean by exotic? Specially in oposition to blonde and fair?
Charlotte would probably be exotic in Japan or Uganda, but frankly I don't see anything remotely exotic about a french/italian girl looking french or italian.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Exotic? What do you mean by exotic? Specially in oposition to blonde and fair?
Charlotte would probably be exotic in Japan or Uganda, but frankly I don't see anything remotely exotic about a french/italian girl looking french or italian.
For me, there is an exotic quality in Charlotte Casiraghi that is of the same flavor as Angelina Jolie and tennis star Ana Ivanovic. Something that transcends geography and involves some kind of mystery.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

If you wish to discuss resemblances between Charlotte, Grace and Caroline please use our extra thread!
This thread is meant for discussions about current events only!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
For me, there is an exotic quality in Charlotte Casiraghi that is of the same flavor as Angelina Jolie and tennis star Ana Ivanovic. Something that transcends geography and involves some kind of mystery.
Well, I'l agree with you that there is something "weird" about Ana Ivanovic looks, but it mainly comes from the fact that she is a blondish girl, with blue eyes and eastern european facial features who's dyed her hair black and has tanned her skin like mad.
Many russian/polish girls do it and get that "weird" look. They look as if they should be blond girls but have dark hair and skin.

Agelina Jolie has more mixed up features, because her eyes look kind of oriental. She is more naturally "exotic" if you will, although her exoticism comes somehow from the same technique: she is a blonde girl with blond girl traits, dyed brunette.

With both of them they are features that somehow don't match.

Same thing happens with french actress Eva Green. She is blond, and has a blond girl complexion but she gets her "exotic" look from her dyed black hair.

Yet, I fail to see anything like that in Charlotte. She is an european mediterranean girl which looks totally european mediterranean. Her hair, skin and eyes don't clash in any way. She's got big facial features, but otherwise her coloring is really common, I think.

Sorry, iceflower, I didn't see your post. Feel free to move mine, if convenient.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Well, as Angelina Jolie, Ana Ivanovic or Eva Green aren't that close relatives, it's okay
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Nobility

According to Purepeople, Gad Elmaleh gave an interview to "Edgar" and in this interview, he said that he won't talked about his mom nor his fiancée. If a magazine publishes a pic of him without his consent, he will sue.

I won't speculate, maybe "Fiancée" for him doesn't mean his future wife but it's a weird choice of words one might say.

Gad Elmaleh fiancé ?! - Yahoo! Actualités France

Gad Elmaleh fiancé ?!
Léonard de Vinci
Old 10-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
According to Purepeople, Gad Elmaleh gave an interview to "Edgar" and in this interview, he said that he won't talked about his mom nor his fiancée. If a magazine publishes a pic of him without his consent, he will sue.

I won't speculate, maybe "Fiancée" for him doesn't mean his future wife but it's a weird choice of words one might say.

Gad Elmaleh fiancé ?!
Yes... a veeery weird choice of words...
Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

Charlotte Casiraghi and her lover Gad Elmaleh are spotted at Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport to take a flight to Nice, in Paris, France on September 8, 2012.

charlotte casiraghi september 8 | Scanpix
Old 10-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks, julliette!
I really love the yellow jacket she's wearing!!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Charlotte Casiraghi and her lover Gad Elmaleh are spotted at Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport to take a flight to Nice, in Paris, France on September 8, 2012.

charlotte casiraghi september 8 | Scanpix
It's weird. The photo agency obviously got something wrong because on september 8 they were in Canada at the Toronto film festival.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

It's right, good memory trepstrep.
And then we saw her 12th at the Antiquaires gala in Paris so I guess that she didn't flight to Nice before that. Then we saw her at the Patti Smith concert in Monaco at 23rd so maybe it was a few days before that. I assume that when travelling to Nice they're going to Monaco, right? It could well be a typo and be 18. But the agency says it was archived at 10.09.2012 so... I don't know
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post

Gad Elmaleh fiancé ?!
I'd LOVE them to be really engaged but in French speaking countries "fiancée" is a sometimes (NOT always)more respectful substitute to "girlfriend".
Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Another two pics of Self Service Magazine

Self Service 1
Self Service 2
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
It's right, good memory trepstrep.
And then we saw her 12th at the Antiquaires gala in Paris so I guess that she didn't flight to Nice before that. Then we saw her at the Patti Smith concert in Monaco at 23rd so maybe it was a few days before that. I assume that when travelling to Nice they're going to Monaco, right? It could well be a typo and be 18. But the agency says it was archived at 10.09.2012 so... I don't know
Maybe the pics are in fact taken the 8th and they were flying to Toronto, not Cannes (the cannes thing might perfectly be made up by the journalists, there is no way the could guess where were they travelling just by watching them from far away at the checking area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyromanov View Post
Another two pics of Self Service Magazine

Self Service 1
Self Service 2
very funny pics! and so different from the others! have you scanned them? is there an interview with charlotte or something like that? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
very funny pics! and so different from the others! have you scanned them? is there an interview with charlotte or something like that? Thanks!
Unfortunately I don't have the magazine, I found the scans here http://mabqueen.com
Old 10-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Maybe the pics are in fact taken the 8th and they were flying to Toronto, not Cannes (the cannes thing might perfectly be made up by the journalists, there is no way the could guess where were they travelling just by watching them from far away at the checking area).
But I think you guys are right, and the photo agency got it wrong. If you notice the temporary fence (I don't know what you call this, what helps form the line while checking in..?) you will notice red "dots", those are in fact maple leafs - which is the logo of Air Canada. the silver circle is the Star Alliance logo which air Canada is a member of. So I suppose from this we can assume they were in fact flying to Toronto here.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

So they were in Toronto? I got lost, so many trips!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, rosana. They were in Toronto to attend the film festival there.

What you guys are saying about going to Toronto makes sense. The agency got it wrong most likely...
Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Some info about Swoon Productions:
N° 8069 du VENDREDI 18 MAI 2012 * CONSTITUTION D’UNE SOCIETE A RESPONSABILITE LIMITEE -

For a production house it doesn't start out with a big capital...

And apparently, one of her first works just came out. Swoon productions is credited and there is a certain Charlotte C. been thanked along with a Valentine Maillot:

Tags
charlotte casiraghi, current events