Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think that Gad lives in the "normal" world. Normal world for me is people who wakes up in morning at the same hour every morning, takes the bus, goes in the work (if he has one) works for 8 hours, takes the bus back, goes to te super market, makes the cleaning, takes care o0f the kids, and waits the annual holidays to rest.
Gad earns money, is famous, travels a lot and goes to the 5* hotels, to the receptions and expensive restaurants, this is not really a "normal world".

Maybe I wasn't precise, I meant with "normal world", the world besides the aristocratic world. Of course it is difficult to say, but there's a lot of people who doesn't have the sensitivity and the same moral thinking, I mean- f.eg.Philip Junot was also making jokes of Caroline behind her back, when they were together, that's what I heard.

Maybe I wasn't precise, I meant with "normal world", the world besides the aristocratic world. Of course it is difficult to say, but there's a lot of people who doesn't have the sensitivity and the same moral thinking, I mean- f.eg.Philip Junot was also making jokes of Caroline behind her back, when they were together, that's what I heard.

That's really terrible, if it's true. Hopefully Philippe Junot matured as he got older. He certainly needed to.

Charlotte was pictured near the Beach Club in Monaco last weekend:

** Pic **

I'm not sure what you mean by ecumenical but the requirements for a Catholic to be married, for the marriage to be recognized by the Church, are they must be married by a Catholic priest. There can be dispensations given (by a bishop) for a couple to be married 'jointly', meaning a Catholic priest being present saying his part and the other Christian clergyman present saying his part.

LaRae

By oecumenical I mean "crossed" religions, not inside christianity, but you replied to my question, thanks.

Whaaaat? 25 is past the wrong age for wearing shorts??!!:eek::eek:
Everyone who has good legs wears shorts at 25!

I had no idea american girls were recognizable anywhere in the world for wearing shorts.
Stroll around any european big city in summer. Hundred of thousands of 25 year old girls are wearing shorts today in Paris, London, Berlin, Rome or Madrid. Really.

No, no, and no. I am aware of the caricatural way Paris is portrayed in Holywood movies, but I didn't think people really thought it was true.
In Paris you don't move among glamourous models and artistic types who spend their days talking philosophy.

You know, Paris is an normal town and if you go to a restaurant you'll find that most people are wearing jeans and similar clothes.

25 year olds wear jeans, trainers, shorts like in every other place in the world.
Actually, if something, people in paris tend to underdress rather than overdress. Girls don't wear much make up, don't airbrush their hair, wear flat shoes.
Paris is not a catwalk, rather the opposite!

And most 25 year old girls with nice legs wear shorts.

Also, shorts and platform shoes are really the fashion this summer. At 25, 30 or 35 years old if you can pull it off.

I really don't get why you think that you should dress up more in Paris than somewhere else if it isn't because of those unrealistic movies...

Maybe there is a different dress code in the USA and you don't wear shorts in big towns? Is it the rule there to wear shorts only by the beach? It certainly isn't around here.

You don't have to take my word for granted, of course, but you can check pomeline's blog, and have a look at the comments french people make of charlotte' s look.
Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte et Gad Elmaleh s'offrent un dîner romantique à Paris

I'll translate some of them.

-I really like Charlotte's style.
-That's how I like her. She's splendid!
-She reminds me of Jane Birkin.
-Charlotte is magnificent!
-I really like Charlotte's clothes.

Everyody likes her look. No one even mentions the fact that she is wearing shorts. Probably because no one thinks that they are even slightly inapropriate for Paris or a 25 year old.

COMPLETELY AGREE!! As someone who follows fashion and has spent a lot of time in the "trendy" clubs of Paris, London, New York & Miami, I can tell you with confidence that women of ALL AGES, styles & backgrounds wear denim shorts -- and often they are distressed & very short -- and they are often worn at night with heels and blazers.

American women may have more freedom to wear tiny, revealing shorts in public.. but I think IloveRoyals assertion is just not on par with today's fashion reality. IloveRoyals - I see you are from Arlington (Virginia?), but when you live in a fashion-forward city (such as New York, Paris, London, Miami, LA, etc) then it is easy to recognize that denim shorts are a current fashion staple for women of all ages. Outside of the major U.S. cities, it generally takes a long time for Americans to catch up with trends in fashion, music & culture.

Moreover, I've always felt that Charlotte was a phenomenal fashion icon for her generation because she is able to mix the modern and traditional in an authentic way - for example, I loved the outfit where she wore the Hermes scarf, a beige trench coat & high top sneakers. I think this is another example of her modernity & I think it's commendable that she is a forward thinking, modern woman who isn't stuck in dowdy, out-dated fashions/mindsets......

Last edited:
Lucky for you that you spend a lot of time in the 'trendy' clubs in Paris, London, New York and Miami! You must indeed be quite the expert on trendy fashion.

Perhaps though trend and good taste are not always synonymous. Isn’t one of the definitions of elegance the art of matching your outfit to the occasion? Granted, Charlotte was not aiming for elegance (for being trendy, yes) and if she was going to a concert afterwards, tout s’explique. Although as someone pointed out, the weather didn’t seem particularly appropriate for shorts, and as a compromise capri pants would have done just as well.
Princess Caroline was never one to wear "dowdy, out-dated fashion with an outdated mindset", and still isn't. Indeed, and more often so since a few years ago, she's had a lot of misses, although a segment of members can’t seem to exert any critical sense where the princess is concerned, everything she wears being considered the ultimate, if not in good taste, at least in boldness and creativity. Lately, I have come to appreciate her style again. As an adolescent, she herself wore the kind of shorts you describe, always on the beach or resort. Then she grew up and decided the image of the eternal adolescent didn’t suit her anymore and she dressed for her time, which included her age.

My point was really that Gad seemed (in New York, in Paris) to make Charlotte regress to an earlier age. Whatever faults Philippe Junot had (and do we know anything about Gad’s faults as of now?), he pulled Caroline toward adulthood, even as he acted quite immature. A Vogue cover of the time headlined “La Jeunesse et la Maturité”, paradoxically making Junot embody “Youth” and Caroline “Maturity”.

So let the shorts go from the gym to the beach, to the city and to the clubs, and let’s keep the fifty year-old women ("ALL AGES") in good shape (? a feature you never mention) to continue to pretend they are fourteen.

On a personal note, since you make your post very personal toward me , please refrain from making prejudiced and insulting assumptions about my background. I address your post when I respond to you, I do not address anything personal which you haven't mentioned yourself. Also you do not need to educate me, and I resent the implied ageism that oozes out of your words. Your knowledge and appreciation of fashion may be the acme of cool but your tone certainly isn't cool. Sorry, but there are no rules in this forum for letting women of the sixties/seventies generation express their opinions.

Last edited:
On a personal note, since you make your post very personal toward me , please refrain from making prejudiced and insulting assumptions about my background. I address your post when I respond to you, I do not address anything personal which you haven't mentioned yourself. Also you do not need to educate me, and I resent the implied ageism that oozes out of your words. Your knowledge and appreciation of fashion may be the acme of cool but your tone certainly isn't cool. Sorry, but there are no rules in this forum for letting women of the sixties/seventies generation express their opinions.

Your comments about Charlotte's clothing reflect that you are out of touch with today's views about fashion and culture. I remember hearing about Rose Kennedy being less than impressed with Caroline's cut-off jean shorts --- but that was in the 1970s! This is a forum to discuss Charlotte's current events - attacking her based on some outdated standard is absurd.

Last edited:
i liked Charlotte outfit , it’s so modern , liked her shorts it’s too short but very stylish with black classic jacket liked it . but i think the scarf it will looks much better if she wear it different way .

Last edited:
Interesting pics!! I don't like it that hey compare her with Grace, they are just soo different. And i am not talking only about their face.

Thanks for the links. :)

I can't help but notice how Princess Grace passed on her somatype to both her daughter Princess Caroline and her granddaughter Charlotte Casiraghi. As well her serenity, strength, humility, kindness, and simply put "grace". :flowers:

I love the casualness of these new photos, minimum makeup, jeans, loafers, blouse, realaxing at home. Good job! :cool:

I read that Charlotte is in LA with Gad and his son. I cannot find pics.

If she went to LA , I bet she is back by now. Show jumping at the Olympics starts tomorrow. I can't believe she would miss cheering on her bud Edwina Alexander.

What about the Red X Ball I presume she wont be there?????:ermm::ermm::ermm:

I don't think she's ever attended. ^^

kells said:
I don't think she's ever attended. ^^

Exact. She never did. Noone of the trio.
It is her birthday today?

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen her smoke as much as she's doing now with Gad. And you guys are right, it is her birthday today. She's 26 now. Congrats Char!

I don't think I've ever seen her smoke as much as she's doing now with Gad. And you guys are right, it is her birthday today. She's 26 now. Congrats Char!

Simply because a few years ago, it was still allowed to smoke inside bars and cafés in France. It's not that she smokes more, she simply has to do it always outside when in the US and now also in France, that's why you see more pics of her smoking.

trepstrep said:
Simply because a few years ago, it was still allowed to smoke inside bars and cafés in France. It's not that she smokes more, she simply has to do it always outside when in the US and now also in France, that's why you see more pics of her smoking.

I think so.

This discussion about whether or not Charlotte could marry in the Church seems irrelevant. At present she is not living a life sanctioned by the Church. Having 'boyfriend" after "boyfriend" in a sexually open way is not the mode of life prescribed by the Church. In any case, the Church used to allow marriage to non-Catholics if a promise was made to raise the children in the Catholic church--this was when I was young and was a part of the Catholic church. The bottom line is (from the Church perspective) that she is living in sin and also flaunting it by going to public places and allowing her picture to be taken there by media.
The "Catholic" nature of the Monaco royals seems to be hypocritical, as they all seem to live this way. And of course it's true of other royals but not all.
The Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg presents a picture of a family living as Catholics. Some of them have stepped outside the rules occasionally, but not in an "in your face" sort of way.
For this reason I find the Monaco royals interesting, as we all do, but something is wrong with them in the head if they think they are living as Catholics.

"but something is wrong with them in the head if they think they are living as Catholics."......well they all seem to follow the Catholic Churches teachings on not using artificial birth control.

Charlotte is a private person entitled to live her life as she sees fit. More power to her.

"but something is wrong with them in the head if they think they are living as Catholics."......well they all seem to follow the Catholic Churches teachings on not using artificial birth control.

Charlotte is a private person entitled to live her life as she sees fit. More power to her.

Yes she is, however if she professes to be Catholic (and I have no idea if she has or not) and lives contrary to the Faith in a manner that causes scandal she's going to be called on it.

LaRae

I don't think Charlotte is any different from most Catholic women today. A very high percentage of American Catholic women use the pill (around 80% or higher) and have sexual relations before marriage.The hypocrite is the Catholic church itself. A highranking Catholic official in Kansas City was just convicted of covering up pedofile activity. I know the same happened in Philadelphia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom