Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This appearance of Charlotte on the red carpet is disappointing. She is not sure how to handle herself and ends up playing a parody of a star. I can understand her discomfort for there is no real reason for her to be there. Essentially, her celebrity status gave her the opportunity, but that’s the problem. It emphasizes her lack of a real identity. Neither an actress like her grand-mother (but an actor’s girlfriend), nor a princess like her mother, she inhabits spheres that may overlap but she remains an outsider to all. With a bit more maturity (even with a sense of irony intended), she could have played it à la Angelina Jolie, pausing for effect and looking like a goddess. But her posture said it all, she didn’t feel she really belonged there. I hate to disagree with all the media and her admirers, but I feel she had no presence, no star quality. Pity.

I can't help but quote you. Why is she there to begin with? Is she an actress? An artist of sort, or what? At the end of the day the only reason I think is because of her celebrity status and because she's the girl of the moment. Anyway she would be stunning, minus that terrible posture.

The press is desperate to write anything about Charlotte.Charlotte doesn't need the money. Her mother is a billionaire and she supposedly inherited millions from her father. But why pay when you can get someone else to pay for you? The wealthy are experts at this. That's why they are rich. As for modeling, I'm sure she doesn't consider herself to be a model. You will probably never see her on a runway or doing TV ads. She is more of a promoter or salesperson. I think she was looking for sponsors for horse competitions and to give equestrion a higher media profile. Gucci and Cartier probably said you help us and we'll sponsor horse competitions. Edwina Alexander said that Charlotte got her the Gucci job. I thought Stephane Bern's remark was insulting to models. Models like Cindy Crawford, a chemistry major, and Tyra Banks, a tv producer, are not stupid. Anyone who's ever watched "America's next top model" can see that modelling is alot harder than it first appears. Professional models just make it look easy.

Charlotte was at Cannes because Gucci sponsored the reediting of "Once upon a time in America". She probably went to "Madagascar" because part of it took place in Monaco and Dreamworks probably invited her or a representative of the royal family to the premier.

Last edited:
Princess Caroline is a billionaire?

The rumor was that PR was worth 4 billion when he died and that PA got 2 bill, PC 1 bill and PS 750 million. PS's money was supposedly in an irrevocable trust so that her boyfriends couldn't get to her money. I also read that PR supposedly owned 25% of the real estate in Monaco. Apartments are currently selling for 1 million Euros minimum per bedroom. That's not including any money that Stephano had at his death. He would have inherited money from his father, Giancarlo. He also owned a construction business and a helicopter business that Pierre is learning to run.

Of course no one has ever seen Rainiers will so we don't really know who received what or how they received it.

Princess Caroline is a billionaire?

If she is not, she is pretty darn close. She inherited most of her grandmother Princess Charlotte's jewelry collection as well as Princess Grace's. She also has any jewelry she might have received as gifts from her estranged, extremely wealthy Hanoverian husband. She has her properties in Provence, Monte-Carlo and Paris. She has her yacht. She has her shares in SBM.

I don't know what she received or continues to receive from the Casiraghi businesses.

And I read in at least two very reputable financial publications that her inheritance from Prince Rainier was close to a billion dollars. :whistling::whistling:

If she is not, she is pretty darn close. She inherited most of her grandmother Princess Charlotte's jewelry collection as well as Princess Grace's. She also has any jewelry she might have received as gifts from her estranged, extremely wealthy Hanoverian husband. She has her properties in Provence, Monte-Carlo and Paris. She has her yacht. She has her shares in SBM.

I don't know what she received or continues to receive from the Casiraghi businesses.

And I read in at least two very reputable financial publications that her inheritance from Prince Rainier was close to a billion dollars. :whistling::whistling:
Do not forget Pc EA!!! He is very rich, and I believe that he contributes to his daugther's life and education, even if he he might not spending a lot of time with her, at least in public!

The Grimaldi Bros should thank Rainier for their wealth because he was a savvy businessman, other than a prince.

Last edited:
I can't help but quote you. Why is she there to begin with? Is she an actress? An artist of sort, or what? At the end of the day the only reason I think is because of her celebrity status and because she's the girl of the moment. Anyway she would be stunning, minus that terrible posture.

Originally Posted by iloveroyals
This appearance of Charlotte on the red carpet is disappointing. She is not sure how to handle herself and ends up playing a parody of a star. I can understand her discomfort for there is no real reason for her to be there. Essentially, her celebrity status gave her the opportunity, but that’s the problem. It emphasizes her lack of a real identity. Neither an actress like her grand-mother (but an actor’s girlfriend), nor a princess like her mother, she inhabits spheres that may overlap but she remains an outsider to all. With a bit more maturity (even with a sense of irony intended), she could have played it à la Angelina Jolie, pausing for effect and looking like a goddess. But her posture said it all, she didn’t feel she really belonged there. I hate to disagree with all the media and her admirers, but I feel she had no presence, no star quality. Pity.

Many of the Grimaldi family have attended the Cannes film festival. Princess Caroline attended several times, both with Stephano and also with Ernst. Of course Princess Grace attended, being a former film star I can see why she was invited.

I don't understand the kerfuffle in the forums against Charlotte's attending Cannes. Fashion models are routinely invited to the Oscars and to Cannes. The producers of these events want beautiful well-know people to attend.

Like it or not, Charlotte has celebrity status. She is not a socialite. I don't know what to describe her as. A beautiful jet-set-er? She is a private citizen of Monaco that has some official and social responsibilities because her uncle is the ruler. She has contracts with Gucci to represent them and most likely her contract specifies how many functions she must attend, wearing Gucci of course.

Because of her lineage and wealth and beauty people follow her life in the tabloids. And they always will. Even Brigette Bardot is still photographed and followed by the paparazzi. I don't know what someone like Miss Casiraghi has to do to make the press ignore her.

Many of the Grimaldi family have attended the Cannes film festival. Princess Caroline attended several times, both with Stephano and also with Ernst. Of course Princess Grace attended, being a former film star I can see why she was invited.

I don't understand the kerfuffle in the forums against Charlotte's attending Cannes. Fashion models are routinely invited to the Oscars and to Cannes. The producers of these events want beautiful well-know people to attend.

Like it or not, Charlotte has celebrity status. She is not a socialite. I don't know what to describe her as. A beautiful jet-set-er? She is a private citizen of Monaco that has some official and social responsibilities because her uncle is the ruler. She has contracts with Gucci to represent them and most likely her contract specifies how many functions she must attend, wearing Gucci of course.

Because of her lineage and wealth and beauty people follow her life in the tabloids. And they always will. Even Brigette Bardot is still photographed and followed by the paparazzi. I don't know what someone like Miss Casiraghi has to do to make the press ignore her.

I agree to ALL you SAID. Everything is sensefull.
Cannes film festival is being attended by stars, celebrities, but also simple invitees of each film producer/director, whoever are these invitees. Personnally, I have attended Cannes once, being invitee of the Director of a new film, during his projection. I also attended the gala after! Of course, being myself completely unknown, nobady cared about my entrance, no flash, no papz... but I WAS invited. If I was Charlotte Casiraghi, of course full flashes and pics. But in the two cases we both were invited.
Cannes is just a festival, NOT an international microsurgery congress! Everyone can attend, if he has a connection and has an invitation, so why not the niece of a Sovereign Prince, and face of a major Fashion House, which is also a beautiful girl?

Last edited:
fandesacs2003, If I was invited to Cannes, I would attend too! And FanofMonaco you are correct, I read an interview with Charlotte and she said something like she needed a way to fund her equestrian sport and her relationship with Gucci fulfilled that.

Charlotte Casiraghi was in an aperture of a new BMW store in Paris. It was last wednesday 23.

Black outfit. Bored.
Here a small pic.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/569/minigb.jpg (Sorry I couldn't find a bigger pic)

About the event.
BMW opens its first brand retail store in Paris and aims for the utopian single customer experience - SkiddMark

Another pic: Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte invitée à l'ouverture du premier brand store BMW à Paris

yeyyy charlotte in a new photoshoot hahaha i think

SNAPSHOTS
In those pictures of this site there is no Charlotte, just Alexia and the other partner of manifesto, von Gutman, if a i say it correctly!

I'm not sure that was her. There was a second shot of a girl in bleached jeans that looked exactly like Charlotte. There was a video and on the video you could see it wasn't Charlotte. In still pictures she looked just like Charlotte.

I'm not sure that was her. There was a second shot of a girl in bleached jeans that looked exactly like Charlotte. There was a video and on the video you could see it wasn't Charlotte. In still pictures she looked just like Charlotte.

So you think that this girl is not Charlotte? Could you find this video and post the link on the forum, please? I would like to watch it, I had never seen it!

im pretty sure its charlotte! just look at the hands and the jumpy veins ! its her

I was looking at a picture of a girl in a tan blouse ,bikini top and bleached out jeans on the right side from the previous day on the netaporter site that looks alot like Charlotte ;but isn't. Post 321 snapshots. You might have to go back a day or 2. I agree the picture with the grey teeshirt looks alot like Charlotte but why would she be doing a shoot for "self serve"? What is that?

Charlotte and Gad Elmaleh leaving The Plazza Athenee's Hotel to have a dinner at La Maison Blanche's Restaurant
in Paris on July 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom