Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 36: June 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very stupid! It sounds like he´s dazzled, facinated with the idea of his friend dating "a princess" and with her social position. Very bad taste! Someone tell him Charlotte is not a princess.

Very stupid! It sounds like he´s dazzled, facinated with the idea of his friend dating "a princess" and with her social position. Very bad taste! Someone tell him Charlotte is not a princess.

He's not that kind of guy. I don't like him, or espacially what he does (I don't share his sense of humour) but I really think that he wrote this as a joke, to make people talk. It's a provocation - I agree that's not very clever! But I would be VERY surprised to hear one day that he admires princes and princesses. Impossible.

It is a stupid provocation because it does not concern HIS life. Anyway.,
By the way Charlotte has really disappeared the last days!

I know! Looking forward to hearing more about her thing with Gad!!

Stupid pics without interest. I wonder how papz do to have such pics. Do they kmow where she leaves and they walk around in order to catch her? The probability to find her by coincidence is extremely little. Paris is very huge.
In any case i understand why she is bothered

They follow the biggest celebs, wait outside their residences. She was photographed, it said, leaving Gad's apartment. Even if they were waiting out there for gad, he probably lives in the same block as some big celebs for whom they might have been waiting, and they saw charlotte, and were like, oh there's our luck! :)

When Charlotte filed criminal stalking charges, the paps finally got the message.

I think people call in and tip them off. eg. airport employees, waiters. They probably get paid for the tips. Once they know something is going onthat might make them alot of money, the paps start stalking the celebrities. Photogs can make a million dollars on the right picture. I'm sure the first pic of Charlotte and Gad together will pay well.

Last edited:
Stupid post. If i was Gad or Charlotte i would be VERY angry. Especially if he is really a friend of Gad.
Anyway! IMO Jamel is a very vulgar person and this behavior does not surprise me.

It is not a stupid quote, it is a joke. You don't know Jamel Debouzze, so you can't possibly understand. There is no reason why Charlotte or Gad shouldfeel angry about this and I am sure they are not. Actually I am pretty sure Charlotte is a big fan of Jamel Debouzze. If she likes Gad's sense of humour, then she must be.

You don't know Jamel Debouzze, so you can't possibly understand. .

I know him and i do not like him, but this is my personnal opinion.

As as far as this relation (if it exists) is not confirmed by the principal concerned, he should not comment, especially since Gas is his friend.

TrepStep you keep trying to impose your middle class values on Charlotte. You don't live in her world. I'm middle class and I don't have rich or poor friends. Why would you think Charlotte would have middle class and poor friends or behave as those classes do?

I really don't know what you mean by that. I specially don't understand what you mean by my "middel-class" values.
I'm one of the few people on this forum who doesn't think that Charlotte should do something useful with her life, or work on anything or contribute to society in any way. While some people are constantly asking what are the casiraghi studying or complaining about them going to too many parties and not being useful members of society and such, I am one of the few who always said that I didn't see anything wrong in having a life of pleasure if you can afford it. I never thought the casiraghi should work or engage in profitable activities or whatever, so I really don't know which are those middle class values I try to impose on anyone.

On the other hand Charlotte is the one who is constantly selling middle-class values: I am so hard- working, I am such a perfectionists, I study, I work, I train, I want to achieve things by myselfs. Those are all middle-class values and she is constantly trying to promote them.

What I've done, and I'll keep on doing it as long as she is so publicly contradictory, is to point out the huge gap between the image she tries to sell of herself and the reality. SHe tries to sell herself as a hardworking intellectual girl, but to me she looks like a spoiled rich kid, who does not see the reality about herself.

Also, I don't think that she should have poor friends. I never said nothing like that. I've said that she should taste the real world and try to live in it for a while. And many many rich people know what the real world is like.
Take Valentine. She is rich. She comes from an old name family. Yet she never fooled herself into fooling that because she was rich and had a name she automatically had talent. She never pretended to go to the olympics (although she is a far better rider than charlotte) or to have talent for artistic pursues.
Take Marta Ortega. At 19 she knew she wouldn't be a profesional rider because she didn't have enough talent. And she is better than Charlotte.

Charlotte bunch of friends are a sad little bunch of people with no contact with reality who think that because they are rich they are brilliant artists, designers, sportspeople... while they are normal and no specially talented. Money doesn't equal talent.
Maybe the only talent they have inherited is to run a succesful business, like their parents do, like Valentine is doing, but all these Tatianas, Eugenies, Alex, etccc... think of themselves as creative, special, talented, artistic, simply because they have money.

But somehow, if she stays with Gad, I think it will be very good for her and she will end up different because she will share life with people who have talent, people who didn't become jewelry designers, gallery owners, models, tv preseters and whatever just because they think that rich=talented and they had the money and contact to buy a niche in the market.

^ Do you really imagine Charlotte partying with people from Trappes?? That would be very funny.
However, if Charlotte meets Gad's friends, who are talented and worked hard to succeed, it may be a bit doulourous for her. She could open her eyes and realize that she has nothing special, except her birth.
I agree with you: people who have money can do what they want with it. But at a moment, it's obvious that they have to realize that this life is empty, without any sense. Have you seen "About a boy", with Hugh Grant? In this movie Hugh Grant plays a heir. He lives a life of pleasure, but one day when he meets the big love who is a successful woman, he starts to realize that he missed something by doing nothing at all. He realises that he is just an average man. That's my vision of this kind of people: wealthy people, with a beautiful but empty life.

Last edited:
^ Do you really imagine Charlotte partying with people from Trappes?? That would be very funny.

Well no, not at all :) That's what I meant. Living a real life doesn't mean moving to a HLM in Trappes. But you can be rich and lead a wealthy life and still have a good notion of who you are and what's your real position in the world.
I think that Valentine and Marta Ortega are good examples of what I mean.
people who have money can do what they want with it. But at a moment, it's obvious that they have to realize that this life is empty, without any sense. Have you seen "About a boy", with Hugh Grant? In this movie Hugh Grant plays a heir. He lives a life of pleasure, but one day when he meets the big love who is a successful woman, he starts to realize that he missed something by doing nothing at all. He realises that he is just an average man. That's my vision of this kind of people: wealthy people, with a beautiful but empty life.

I'm not sure I agree with you. A life of pleasure is not necessarely an empty life. I'm sure that 99% of people would be much more happy leading Charlotte's life than their average lives.
Very very few people in this world are really talented. 99'999% of people are average, and I certainly prefer to live the live of a wealthy average person than the life of an average middle-class person.
Why would anyone want to go to an office everyday and work under a boss just to pay rent, food, zara clothes and a couple of trips a years.

Riding beautiful horses, travelling around the world, not having a boss shouting at you and not to have to get up at 7 a.m. 5 days a week, reading interesting books at home, instead of sitting at your desk in an office is a much much better life!
Having free time to enjoy life and friends is much better than working like mad for 1.500 euros a month and it doesn't have to be an empty life if you fill your life with activities you are passionate about.

It just doesn't mean you are talented.
And Charlotte'circle of friends seems to me like a bunch of people who think that just because they are wealthy they are talented, while they are just wealthy and incredibly lucky and have amazing oportunities to do interesting things with their lifes, but as persons, there doesn't seem to be anything special about any of them.

Last edited:
By middle class values, I mean pulling your own luggage and driving your own car. She may not be a princess but she is expected to behave like one. I see far more pictures of Charlotte riding than partying in Paris. She does surround herself with talented and hardworking people. Edwina Alexander and Jan Tops, the editors of Vogue Italia and France. She is helping them promote their businesses and they appreciate that. As I have said 100 times before, her business is to promote Monaco. She may do this by being on the cover of French Vogue or riding in the GCT. Both bring her in contact with potential customers for Monaco. Working as an employee in a company would be a total waste of time for her. (Actually, she did do that interning for Paris and London publishing companies.) She has used that knowledge to start 2 magazines.

The reason she hasn't been in the media lately is because she filed criminal stalking charges against several paparazzi. She could have threatened to do the same against any editors who published their pictures.

Last edited:
By middle class values, I mean pulling your own luggage and driving your own car.

Those things have nothing to do with middle-class or high class values. Having a private driver is something wonderful and practical. I'd love to be able to afford one! :)

About the luggage: one thing is to have someone to carry you heavy luggage and a different thing is to have a person carrying your very small trolley and taking it to the check-in counter. It's not a question of values but a question of manners.

I see far more pictures of Charlotte riding than partying in Paris. She does surround herself with talented and hardworking people. Edwina Alexander and Jan Tops, the editors of Vogue Italia and France.
But this doesn't make her talented.

She is helping them promote their businesses and they appreciate that.
I don't think she does it for the sake of it. I rather believe you were spot on when you said that she probably has shares on the GCT business.

As I have said 100 times before, her business is to promote Monaco.
I know you think so, but you also know that I don't agree. :flowers:
I don't think that's her business at all, Caroline educated her and her siblings at independent people and she's said several times that they are not grimaldi and are not expected to live for Monaco but to lead their own lives. I don't think she does the interviews, etc to promote monaco.

(Actually, she did do that interning for Paris and London publishing companies.) She has used that knowledge to start 2 magazines.
That's a perfect example of what I mean, the perfect example of the kind of spoiled rich kid mentality who think that they are talented because they are rich. After just a few months doing an intership at a newspaper nobody is ready to start a magazine. To start a magazine you need long years of hard training or in very few cases, if you want to burn stages, an extraordinary talent.
The first magazine was bad, and Charlotte interview was totally amateurish. The second one has pretty pictures. That's all. They are bad magazines and they get publicity because of the editors's contacts but they are amateurish and poor.

Just because you are rich you are not ready to start a magazine after a few months training in publishing. Charlotte is an intelligent young woman. She probably has the talent to start a real magazine if she wants to. But not at this stage of her life. She has no training (a few months don't count)

She is not a good editor the same way Eugenie is not a real designer. They just play at it. Just because you are rich and surrounded by talented people it does not mean you are ready to do a real adult job at 22, without real training.

The reason she hasn't been in the media lately is because she filed criminal stalking charges against several paparazzi. She could have threatened to do the same against any editors who published their pictures.

I don't think so. I don't know how quick are these things in the usa, but around here even if you file a criminal charge the police can't do anything and the tribunal won't do anything in months. Justice is slow!
Criminal complaint or not the paparazzi can still wait for her at Gad's door.
She went to Monaco and then disappeared. Gad's not been seen anywhere either... They are new boyfriend and girlfriend... I bet that they are taking a romantic trip somewhere away from France.

Last edited:
Pulling your luggage and driving your car are not values (of any class) is just a necessity. If you have money someone does it for you. It makes your life easier. And it creates jobs. Where is the crime? It is not question of class values it is just question of money. And i do not see why is bad manner to make the driver carrying the luggage. It is part of his job. When you pay a housekeeper to make your ironing why it is bad manner to make her ironing?
When i have money i go to the hairdresser, when i do not have i do not go. It is so simple and my vales or morality are not affected.

Last edited:
Well no, not at all :) That's what I meant. Living a real life doesn't mean moving to a HLM in Trappes. But you can be rich and lead a wealthy life and still have a good notion of who you are and what's your real position in the world.
I think that Valentine and Marta Ortega are good examples of what I mean.

I even didn't think about it. I was talking about Gad's friends who come from Trappes. They left it, but they have a personnal story which is far different from Charlotte's one: two worlds very different!

My theory of wealthy and empty life is not very different of yours. Of course it must be a pleasure to do what you want, without any boss to give you orders. Taking holidays when you want, where you want is great too. But that's an empty life, as Charlotte desperate tries to give a sense to her life show us. She tries to direct newpapers, she tries to pose for magasines, she tries to ride in GCT... She has no real aim, and she seems a bit lost, as if she doesn't know what to do with all this independance. And so did Eugenie with her contribution with Gaia Repossi.
You talked about Valentine: Valentine and Charlotte were supposed to have the same life. But it seems that Valentine found herself: she has a job, she keeps on riding. She knows what she wants, and she lives quietly her life, without trying to be someone else. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm very curious to see what Charlotte is going to do now that she has a new man. I agree with the theory of Charlotte changing of life while changing of boyfriends. Is she going to keep on riding? She has a contract with Gucci, so she has some kind of obligation. But what about when the contract will be over? I'm quite sure she won't become an actress, because she's not ready for this. She could try to be a director, or a producer: it's intellectual enough for her. Time will say!

Last edited:
Valentine hasn't ridden in several months and works for her family's business. Also, her family isn't in the public eye like Charlotte's is.

Values may not have been the correct word to use for what I was trying to say but the way you have been brought up reflects on how you think others should behave. I still don't understand what you think Charlotte should be doing at 25. It is normal for people to try different things in their 20s. As for Ever Manifesto, I think it was vastly improved over the first issue. Moreover, the competition held in conjuction with Gucci will raise funds to sponsor classes in sustainability at the Fashion Institute in Paris.

I know him and i do not like him, but this is my personnal opinion.

As as far as this relation (if it exists) is not confirmed by the principal concerned, he should not comment, especially since Gas is his friend.

"...he should not comment" ? Very well, but what do you think you are doing here then ? This is a very public page, you know. You are making such a fuss about nothing, simply because you don't like Jamel Debouzze.

Time to get back to the topic of this thread - Charlotte Casiraghi's actual current events! Thanks!

I hope so. She has really disappeared lately. Her last picture is around january 17th, before the Circus Festival in MC.

By the way, it is not soon the usual year ski holidays of Pcs Caro + family?

Last edited:
I miss Charlotte, but on the other hand it's also nice not to make so many public appearances. That means that finally the paparazi got the message and left her alone. There must have been a big fuss with the relationship between her and Gad in Paris. There has never been such a huge interest in Char as far as i know of course.

That means that finally the paparazi got the message and left her alone. .

At which moment of history of all celebrities, did paparazzis get any message and leave them alone? NEVER. Paparazzis never stop pursuing, just sometimes accordingly to each countrie's law, they are less intrusive (i.e. they do not jump into your garden.... they wait at 10 meters when you go out!!!)
I simply believe that Charlotte is somewhere on holidays, in a private resort far from all and they do not trace her. At the moment she disappears again, they will start pursuing!!

Especially these days with this Gad story, the price of the scoop is toooo high, it worths to take risks, even with the law!!

At which moment of history of all celebrities, did paparazzis get any message and leave them alone? NEVER. Paparazzis never stop pursuing, just sometimes accordingly to each countrie's law, they are less intrusive (i.e. they do not jump into your garden.... they wait at 10 meters when you go out!!!)
I simply believe that Charlotte is somewhere on holidays, in a private resort far from all and they do not trace her. At the moment she disappears again, they will start pursuing!!

Especially these days with this Gad story, the price of the scoop is toooo high, it worths to take risks, even with the law!!

well the Gad story is already seasick

Do I understand correctly that she's back in Paris, riding and all that? :)
That's awesome, actually. She seems happy in the last pics, so I'm happy for her.

Hopefully, she is concentrating on her riding.

Well ... :whistling: at the beginning, and middle of March she has two very important ShowJumping to do, well lets see (for those who live in Guess Where of course)

Lets see what she is going to do ... :brows: they are a very easy ShowJumping.

(I´m not going to tell where is it, because as you all now, we have a lot of paparazzos in here, (or over here) search info, and location for (not just CHAR.) but all royals, to make money with their image) soo ... in the right moment all of the members are going to be inform by me, no stress. Please :flowers:

I'll keep one thing from your post and i won't get to the process of answering because we have 2 very different opinions. But, as i understood - and please correct me if i'm wrong - you name Charlotte a celebrity (?)
I really don't want to start the old conversation of what role Charlotte has: wether she's a celeb or an intellectual or sth in between, but that was quite interesting.

azure said:
I'll keep one thing from your post and i won't get to the process of answering because we have 2 very different opinions. But, as i understood - and please correct me if i'm wrong - you name Charlotte a celebrity (?)
I really don't want to start the old conversation of what role Charlotte has: wether she's a celeb or an intellectual or sth in between, but that was quite interesting.

Yes i named her a celebrity and she is one. She is grandaughter and daughter of famous persons and well kmown herself. Have a look at the web how many pics or sites exist.
Even into the RF her thread is very visited! Among royals she is very known.
And do not mix being a celebrity and achieve important things. It is two different matters. Kim Kardashian or Deta von Tees or even Victoria Becham are celebs but what did they achieve out of wearing nice dresses? Nothing!
As regards the famous debate about Charlotte being an intellectual, she might be or not be! But for sure.. she is not famous for that!

There's been quite a lot of speculation in the spanish press about wether or not Charlotte will be attending Marta Ortega and Sergio Álvarez Moya weeding this weekend in La Coruña.

It's going to be a relatively small (less than 200 persons) and very discreet affair, but apparently many of the guests come from the horse world and they say that Athena has been been invited (althought it is unsure).

My guess is that the press has just thrown in Charlotte's name because there is a lack of famous faces on the guest' list and Charlotte is famous and follows the international jumping circuit and they have assumed that she is friends with Marta, but they don't know anything for certain. I don't remember any pic of her talking with Marta or Sergio in any horse event, do you?

I know it's a little bit off-topic but I love the way they are organizing the wedding. Usually when people meet a celebrity they kind of become best friends in a moment.
When famous and rich people get married their weddings are full of faces of people they scarcely know and would never have invited if they weren't famous. They just invite them because they are celebs and they want to have them in their circle.

The saddest example that comes to my mind is Edwina Alexander's wedding, getting married in Monaco, a place where neither her or her husband have any family attachements and choosing Charlotte as one of two maids of honor, instead of an old girl friend or family member.

Now, Marta and Sergio seem to be organizing a really private event with the people they really love and care about (so, even it is unlikely, let's just hope thay they love and care about Charlotte and we get some pic of her attending the wedding with Gad :p)

Yes i named her a celebrity and she is one. She is grandaughter and daughter of famous persons and well kmown herself. Have a look at the web how many pics or sites exist.
Fandesacs, I totally agree with you. Charlotte certainly is a celebrity. it's not important why she is one but a girl who appears on the cover of gossip magazines and has paparazzi following her is obviously a celebrity, at least in Europe. Maybe there are people who don't know her name or much about her, but if you say Caroline of Monaco'daughter most people will know who you're talking about.

Only thing, you're not been fair with Victoria Beckham. I don't know how famous the Spice Girls where in the usa but in Europe they where huge. I don't like her and never liked the Spice Girls but you can't say that the singer of one of the most famous bands of the past years has achieved nothing.

Pulling your luggage and driving your car are not values (of any class) is just a necessity. If you have money someone does it for you. It makes your life easier. And it creates jobs. Where is the crime? It is not question of class values it is just question of money. And i do not see why is bad manner to make the driver carrying the luggage. It is part of his job. When you pay a housekeeper to make your ironing why it is bad manner to make her ironing?
When i have money i go to the hairdresser, when i do not have i do not go. It is so simple and my vales or morality are not affected.
Again, I agree with you. That's exactly what I was trying to say. You pay to get a service. You get the service and the other side gets money. everybody wins. I don't think that values have nothing to do with it.

But manners and attitude do pay a role.

You may have a cleaning lady who comes to my house everyday. But you don't leave your underwear on the floor for her to pick. That's something that you do yourself.

They are people payed to tidy your room and make your bed when you stay at a hotel. You can leave everything sprawled around if you want to. But manners say that you must leave your room more or less organized so that they don't spend hours organizing your stuff before they can start with the actual cleaning.

Having a driver is a wonderful thing. And drivers always help you getting your luggage in and out of the car, the same way cab drivers do. They also pick you up at the arrival gate at airports and they offer to carry your heavy luggage, that's their job.

But making them carry your really small wheel suitcase or small shoulder bag is an spoiled attitude, similar to leaving your underwear on the floor for your cleaning lady to pick up, or leaving everything laying around in your hotel room.

I still don't understand what you think Charlotte should be doing at 25. It is normal for people to try different things in their 20s.
FanofMonaco, of course it is normal to try things in your 20s! Charlotte can do whatever she wants, I don't have any idea of what she should be doing, since I don't even know her, of course.

But my impression is that she is someone who wants to be taken seriously and not pass as a void socialite. Again, I don't think she should have achieved anything, the poor girl is just 25!
But I do think that if she really wants to be taken seriously she should probably do less, no more. Less trying to work among professionals when she is not.

That's the point. She's 25, she doesn't have a clear career path, she isn't trained to do anything professionally, but she constantly tries to fit among professionals:

The horse world, the fashion world, the art world, the press world, the academic world. She doesn't just learn or amuse herself as it fits a 20 something girl whose path in life is still unclear.

I just think that she should relax, stop trying to excell and compete with professionals the first day in everything she undertakes, wait and learn, learn and learn, before trying to pass as a pro or work among pros.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom