Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 36: June 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows what caused Charlotte to file a criminal suit. I am guessing it was dangerous driving by the paparazzi. This is much different than just having your picture taken. I think people need to cool their opinions until the facts come out.

Well, Pierre is a perfect example.

Because yes, the press leaves him very much alone.

Well, no completely but he leads a rather private life nonetheless. We get a candid pic of him walking the streets of Rome once in a long while.
And that's mainly because of Beatrice. She is very popular in Italy, has been on tv, etc.
The press never follows him when he is not with her or his family and he's never on french or spanish magazines like Hola or Point de Vue.

Of course, Charlotte will always get more attention simply because she is a girl and people are interested in her clothes, style and such, but if she didn't lead an active celebrity life and she didn't constantly campaign to sell herself as "queen of intellectual chic and glamour" like she has been doing these past 3 years she would get much less media atention.

Edit: Now, this is only a guess but if this relationship with Gad is a lasting one, I bet that she is going to become her old discreet self once again.
I don't know if you agree, but Charlotte seems to be the kind of girl who always adopts the personality a of her boyfriends.

With Felix she was all hard studies.
With Alex came the socialite glittering and the covers.
Gad is a discreet guy. I'm pretty sure he will change her again (well, she already dresses differently)

Excellent post and excellent points. Charlotte does seem to adapt the persona of whoever she is dating. The examples you provide are excellent.

I don't know much about her new boyfriend..in fact I had never heard of him before last week. But if he is a fiercely private guy who prefers to dine in instead of going out to flashy restaurants, and who prefers a small exclusive circle of friends in private nightclubs, I can understand why Charlotte is suddenly freaking out at all the attention. :ohmy:

Maybe she doesn't want to scare him off.:lol: I get the feeling that people who are waiting to see a photo of them together will wait a loooog time! :whistling:

I don't necessarily agree that Charlotte adapts herself to whomever she is dating, though when one is in a relationship (let alone a marriage) one does naturally become like the other. That's common sense, and is a component of a successful relationship imho, to have things "in common". :)

And on that note, of course Charlotte was "studying hard" when she was with Felix, they both were, because duh they both were going to school at that time. That's a given.

With Alex, she met him at at time she was transitioning from a young university schoolgirl to finding her own wings, which included living on her own, developing her interest in fashion, which she was immersed in since she was a mere babe, and that included attending fashion shows and also her boyfriend's art shows (being he was/is an art gallery owner). As to the other, I'm not surprised she was on covers, she's a beautiful young lady, etc. etc. etc. (this has been gone over ad infinitum :deadhorse: ).

Continuing on the theme of Charlotte's interest in fashion (just like her mother before her btw), she furthered that interest & passion by starting her own Ever Manifesto magazine (Charlotte Casiraghi | BoF – The Business of Fashion ), with a focus on the environment (most likely influenced by her maternal uncle's own deep involvement in such). And then came the deal with Gucci, simultaneously with Charlotte getting back into the equestrian world, after she took a 5-year hiatus from it. This too ties into her interest with fashion, as well as horses, and journalism. On the contraire, Alex Dellal has nothing to do with those very interests of Charlotte (striking down the assumption that she adapts herself to her boyfriend, nope). This is why I'm not surprised they broke up; they're both going in two different directions. They met at a time when Charlotte was just starting out, finding out what she wanted to do, whereas her boyfriend had already found his niche in the art world. Five years later Charlotte is at a total different point in her life, which differs from her ex-boyfriend's, therefore they go their separate ways. Happens all the time.

With Gad, who knows what's next!?! But I doubt such a strong-willed young woman like Charlotte will be "adapting" herself to Gad. She's proven she's her own woman, and pursues her own passions & interests. Because of this I seriously doubt she will drop everything (i.e. fashion, horses, journalism, et al) to adapt herself to Gad. If anything, he will need to adapt himself to her, as her other boyfriends have done so in the past.

And for the record, Charlotte has always shown herself as a rather *discreet* private person, suing the paps before for their invasion of privacy. It hasn't begun with Gad. :whistling: The only difference is that her invasion of privacy has escalated since her relationship with this 40 yr. old French comedian/actor (btw he's a nobody in the USA; Charlotte at least is known here). No offense to Gad, just stating the facts.

On a last note, when Charlotte does eventually settle down and get married, she and her husband will need to have things in common in order to make the marriage work. That's when she & him will truly need to "adapt" themselves to each other. Jmho.

In the meantime, have a great time being young, in love with life, with nary a care in the world (except the paps, of course). :D

How I love that little smile of Charlotte's in the last photo, where she is seen apparently either texting or checking her messages......:whistling::p

Anyway, according to the article Charlotte has already taken her new love around to meet her BFF(or one of them!) Eugenie Niarchos..I wonder has he passed the Great Hurdle and met Princess Caroline and Prince Albert??

Last edited:
Um, Charlotte is a nobody here in the US, too. People know her grandmother, bit they couldn't care less about her. Just stating the facts. I would bet my life savings you would not find one person in a hundred Americans who knows or cares about Charlotte. Mainly the people who know her are interested in fashion or are royal watchers. All that said, I don't know how hard it is for her in Paris.

Lol, I'll take that bet, seriously I would and you would owe me big money. :cool:

Come on, 1 in 100 American, you'd lose, but OTOH 1 in 10 you just might win. ;) I'd even give you 1 in 20, just to make it more fair. :D

Of course we'd have to have an experiment group made up of a *fair* amount of individuals of all classes, all races, all ethncities, all ages, all socio-economic backgrounds, not just a bunch of dingalings straight out of highschool. (8^O

Picking the experiment group would be the key to my success (smiles smugly) or naught (smile disappears). :(

kells & Nadine shake hands, the bet is on! (;^)

And on that note, of course Charlotte was "studying hard" when she was with Felix, they both were, because duh they both were going to school at that time. That's a given.

Not really. They weren't in highschool or the university, they were in prépa. Very few people follow that course of studies and it is a real coincidence that they were both doing the same thing at the same time, that they both decided to try for the ENS.

Since Felix and Charlotte were together since terminale it's highly possible that they influenced each other to take that decision together.

Of course I wasn't there and I don't know who had the idea, Felix or Charlotte, but since she quit that course quite early and he kept studying, he seems to be the more determined of both and probably the one behind the decision.

With Gad, who knows what's next!?! But I doubt such a strong-willed young woman like Charlotte will be "adapting" herself to Gad.
How do you know that Charlotte is strong-willed?
I don't know her more than you do, so I don't know how she is either, but...

We do know that she quit her studies after her first failure. That's usually a sign of a weak personality.
We know she leads her horsewoman life in a very amateurish and light way.
We know she's still under the wing of the same family friends and close circle. Her friends are her brother's friends, or the kids of her mother's friends like when you are a 12 years old.
She hasn't even been able to look for a trainer who is not a Rozier, even if she gets awful results with him.
She's been dressing Lagerfeld for ages even if it didn't suit her because the man is mum's friend...

Of course I can be wrong, I don't know her at all, and I am judging from far away, but those don't seem signs of a strong-willed or independent personality, quite the contrary.

I'm honestly curious, what do you see in her that gives you the feeling that she is strong-willed?

Because of this I seriously doubt she will drop everything (i.e. fashion, horses, journalism, et al) to adapt herself to Gad.
Well, we can only guess. I'm sure she won't drop fashion because that's not a serious interest of hers. And she doesn't need to drop journalism because she dropped it already after just a few months.

My guess is that she will drop horses, Gad or no Gad, because her results are worst every passing day and she doesn't seem to care much about training.

her relationship with this 40 yr. old French comedian/actor (btw he's a nobody in the USA; Charlotte at least is known here). No offense to Gad, just stating the facts.
I don't think anyone will be offended by that. It's a fact. He's only famous in France.
But I fail to see the relevance of him being famous or not in the USA in this topic. I don't know what you mean by that. Charlotte and him don't live there.
They're probably aren't famous in China or India either and there's even more people living over there.

And do you think that if she stops riding and giving interviews people will forget her??? Press will forget her??? The only way for her to hope being forgotten, is to go in the middle of Amazony... after plastic surgery to change her face!

Her brother Pierre, has never made any sport competition, and never gave interviews! Does the press leaving him alone??? NO!

I was going to give you a bigger answer, but after all that's been said by trepstep, lovelykate and others, do you really think she'd be as harrassed as she's being now if she didn't choose to parade? PLEASE :eek::eek:

ROYAL ROMPING: It’s a bit ironic that the Monaco royal family is said to be unhappy with Princess Caroline’s daughter Charlotte Casiraghi and her choice of a boyfriend — the 40-year-old Moroccan actor and comedian Gad Elmaleh, who recently had a small role in Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris.”

I guess those pissy principality principals have forgotten about Caroline’s own ill-fated early marriage to wild playboy Philippe Junot — to say nothing about her late mother, Princess Grace, who had a reputation for bedding major Hollywood stars, back when she was still the actress Grace Kelly.

Casiraghi, 25, who is also a top horsewoman, is expected to compete in some of the equestrian events this summer at the London Olympics.

source: Chicago Sun Times

I was going to give you a bigger answer, but after all that's been said by trepstep, lovelykate and others, do you really think she'd be as harrassed as she's being now if she didn't choose to parade? PLEASE :eek::eek:

Of course!! You are free to disagree.
It depends how old you are and where do you live, but myself, being of the generation which have followed Pcs Caroline since her teens age, I'm used to see (at least in french press) pictures of Charlotte since her dayA!! and this NON STOP till now. Of course it sells less to follow a 8 years girl than a 25 years pretty woman, which just changed boyfriend.
Press was expecting her to grow, to be pretty as her mother and to have dramatical love stories, as her mother and aunt, (and this without horse riding!!!!)

Last edited:
Not really. They weren't in highschool or the university, they were in prépa. Very few people follow that course of studies and it is a real coincidence that they were both doing the same thing at the same time, that they both decided to try for the ENS.

Since Felix and Charlotte were together since terminale it's highly possible that they influenced each other to take that decision together.

Of course I wasn't there and I don't know who had the idea, Felix or Charlotte, but since she quit that course quite early and he kept studying, he seems to be the more determined of both and probably the one behind the decision.

How do you know that Charlotte is strong-willed?
I don't know her more than you do, so I don't know how she is either, but...

We do know that she quit her studies after her first failure. That's usually a sign of a weak personality.
We know she leads her horsewoman life in a very amateurish and light way.
We know she's still under the wing of the same family friends and close circle. Her friends are her brother's friends, or the kids of her mother's friends like when you are a 12 years old.
She hasn't even been able to look for a trainer who is not a Rozier, even if she gets awful results with him.
She's been dressing Lagerfeld for ages even if it didn't suit her because the man is mum's friend...

Of course I can be wrong, I don't know her at all, and I am judging from far away, but those don't seem signs of a strong-willed or independent personality, quite the contrary.

I'm honestly curious, what do you see in her that gives you the feeling that she is strong-willed?

Well, we can only guess. I'm sure she won't drop fashion because that's not a serious interest of hers. And she doesn't need to drop journalism because she dropped it already after just a few months.

My guess is that she will drop horses, Gad or no Gad, because her results are worst every passing day and she doesn't seem to care much about training.

I don't think anyone will be offended by that. It's a fact. He's only famous in France.
But I fail to see the relevance of him being famous or not in the USA in this topic. I don't know what you mean by that. Charlotte and him don't live there.
They're probably aren't famous in China or India either and there's even more people living over there.

Well you see I give her the benefit of the doubt, trepstrep, whereas you do not. Therein lies the difference. You constantly beat the horse of negativity, I do not. Furthermore, I'm a long-time fan of the House of Grimaldi (since the 70's), not a detractor, otherwise I wouldn't post here.

Back to Charlotte, you automatically assume that she won't drop fashion because it's not a serious interest of hers. Really? Whereas I say it does matter to her, as evidenced by her starting the Ever Manifesto magazine, which is a publication that focuses on the environment and is only published when the three creators (one of which is Charlotte) has something to say, the latest one issued in October, 2011: http://www.evermanifesto.com/manifesto1/assets/pdf/MANIFESTO FA_FINAL.pdf

Fashion surrounds her, she's been immersed in it since she was born. Therefore I'm not surprised that she takes it seriously After all, her mother was a fashion icon in her time, as well her grandmother in her time, and so on. Her mother even introducing her to iconic fashion designers since she was a babe ~ Lagerfeld, Gucci, Armani, Chanel, and on & on & on. Once again beating a deadhorse. :deadhorse:

And now her partnership with Gucci for the last 2 years, which further solidifies not only her interest in fashion, but also horses (btw I was wrong she took a 4-year hiatus, not 5).

But like I said several posts ago, it's like talking to a rock, you've already had your mind made up about Charlotte a loooong time ago. You automatically assume the worst about her, saying she's weak, that she follows her boyfriends, blah blah blah. Same ole same ole from you. Constant negativity, never giving Charlotte the benefit of the doubt. Tiresome. But you're not the only one, and it doesn't just go on here, I see it in other parts of the forum, and on other boards. Btw, not just speaking about royalty, rather sports, politics, et al, it's part of the internet, especially when anonymity rears its ugly head.

Anyhow, I'm sure Charlotte doesn't need me to defend her, it's just that I've got time on my hands since I've been snowed in for the past few days, otherwise I would ignore all the negative posts.

Here's to Charlotte winning her latest lawsuit, and providing more fodder for us fans (and non-fans/detractors ;) ). :D *raises cup of hot cocoa*

ps: kells, I'm still interested in that bet. :cool:

Lol, I'll take that bet, seriously I would and you would owe me big money. :cool:

Come on, 1 in 100 American, you'd lose, but OTOH 1 in 10 you just might win. ;) I'd even give you 1 in 20, just to make it more fair. :D

Of course we'd have to have an experiment group made up of a *fair* amount of individuals of all classes, all races, all ethncities, all ages, all socio-economic backgrounds, not just a bunch of dingalings straight out of highschool. (8^O

Picking the experiment group would be the key to my success (smiles smugly) or naught (smile disappears). :(

kells & Nadine shake hands, the bet is on! (;^)

Haha, I've been a very busy lady lately, Nadine. Sorry. 21 hours this semester. But it was a figure of speech. I need my lifesavings for all the debt I'm going to be immersed in when I finally graduate. :whistling: I am sticking to my guns, though. I don't believe that very many people know or care who Charlotte Casiraghi is. As an example, my mother was born in the 50s, a few years before Caroline, who she knows of, but her children she does not. Now that's just one person, but I honestly think its the same for a lot of Americans, even the older ones, because we just do not hear that much about the Casiraghis in the news or the tabloids. And this is a credit to Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte that they are not more well-known because they had they perhaps followed the example of their mother, aunt, and uncle, they might just be more well-known. However, perhaps the main reason is that the American press just doesn't keep up with the non-English speaking royals. We hear more about Will & Harry and lately the Middletons. I will concede to lower my number to one in 50 though. ;)

Nadine, you obviously didn't read my post otherwise you wouldn't say I don't
give her the benefit of the doubt.

I've written several times that what I was saying was only a guess and an opinion and I might be wrong.
My posts are just opinions and are not more nor less valid than anyone else's. Nobody knows Charlotte personaly.

I've also said why I think my opinions might be right. I still don't know what she has done to make you think that she is strong-willed. Why do you think so?

I've also said several times that I am sure Charlotte is an intelligent youg woman because otherwise she wouldn't have had a très bien at the bac exam or follow a 2 years prépa.
I don't know where's the negativity in that.

About her interest in fashion not been that important, I am not certain, but I kind of remember that she told it herself in one of her interviews. Didn't she say that fashion was not that important to her and she only cared about been proper as a way of showing politeness or something like that?
Again, I could be wrong.

There is only one thing I am certain about her: she is not a good rider and she is damaging her horses.

I've been repeating it since she first came back to horseriding, during her 1st GCT competitions, when I was the only one to say so. She's had 3 years, the best horses and all the money in the world to prove me wrong.

Lol, kells, you see I win! :lol: *j/k*

Sorry, but I don't think you do. The article has to explain who Charlotte is, and relate her to Grace Kelly to make her closer to the readers.

And they even manage to have a whole paragraph wrong. Charlotte is not a top horsewoman and she won't be at the Olympics.

Last edited:
You're on! *kells & Nadine shake hands* :hug: :cheers: :D

trepstrep, like I said up above, Charlotte doesn't need me to defend her, I was only doing it because I have time on my hands due to being snowed in. *Brrrr*

No biggie, just another case of two posters differing, and agreeing to disagree. :) Have a nice day. *inserts sunshine*

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I liked Charlotte a lot better before I started following her riding career. I think my dislike for how she's handling that and what she's doing to those horses has given me a different perspective on her. I still consider her smart and beautiful, but I'm now more apt to also think of her as spoiled and inconsiderate.

Granted, that personality trait may be limited to her riding only, and I hope that's the case.

Addressing this mainly to trepstep: Usually, I disagree with your point of view, but I think you've made some pretty valid points here. We don't know Charlotte, but we can read her actions, and her attempts to pave a way for herself *seem* very feeble. I've always wondered about her "inherited" friends, but on that point, I'll concede that the Casiraghis are very private people and it makes sense that she would be afraid to branch out from that close knit security net because you really can't trust people these days. I don't know much about her horse riding career, but the time is over for making excuses for her. This is a bit shallow, but it's all I have to go on: she's a beautiful girl and she looks great in her equestrian gear. I think it's a sign :)rofl:), she has the potential to be great if she would just work a little harder at it.

I think my dislike for how she's handling that and what she's doing to those horses has given me a different perspective on her.

Could you explain this further...why is there criticism of how she handles her horses?

zembla said:
Could you explain this further...why is there criticism of how she handles her horses?

I don't want to go too far off topic- there's been many discussions about it in the thread about her riding career. Would you mind if I just referred you to that thread? If you have any questions about it after reading some of that, people will chime in and answer :)

The Chicago Sun Times paragraph was pure fiction and worthless. One thing I have noticed with the Monagasques. They are followed more in large cities like New York where there is more interest in high fashion and society. That is the market they are trying to reach, not the broad public. There was an article in Monaco Life the other day where the Director of Tourism said that the less well known Monaco was, the better for business. Monaco caters to the ultra wealthy. TrepStep you keep trying to impose your middle class values on Charlotte. You don't live in her world. I'm middle class and I don't have rich or poor friends. Why would you think Charlotte would have middle class and poor friends or behave as those classes do? Actually, I think Charlotte is pretty down to earth considering who her family is. Compared to her friends, she has accomplished quite alot. She has two magazines, a deal with Gucci and probably is an investor and promoter of the GCT and the Rodriquez's indoor events, like the Gucci Masters.

Hmm I wonder when that pic was taken? ^ I really like her coat from what I can see of it.

^Thank you!
So she's back in Paris, we won't see her at International Circus Festival...
That's a bit disturbing to see pics of her walking in the street. There's no interest in to taking these pics (she's alone, without Gad, casually dressed), and she seems to be really annoyed. I already understood why she wanted a trial, but there, with these pics, I even approve her. I feel sincerely sorry for her. I hope that they are going to leave her in peace very soon, if only someone very famous had a new love story, it would focus the attention on this person, and not on Charlotte anymore! Medias are so inconstant...

Stupid pics without interest. I wonder how papz do to have such pics. Do they kmow where she leaves and they walk around in order to catch her? The probability to find her by coincidence is extremely little. Paris is very huge.
In any case i understand why she is bothered

I guess that they are waiting for her and that they are following her every where. In an article about her trial they said that paparazzis spent hours in front of her mother's flat, where she leaves when in Paris. And that when she was out, they followed her. They are doing the same in UK with Pippa - even if she seems to be more harassed than Charlotte. That's crazy!!

Last edited:
TrepStep you keep trying to impose your middle class values on Charlotte. You don't live in her world. I'm middle class and I don't have rich or poor friends. Why would you think Charlotte would have middle class and poor friends or behave as those classes do?

I guess I am just wondering what you mean by 'middle class values'? Could you further explain what you mean by that?

If Charlotte doesn't have 'poor friends' that doesn't bother me. Charlotte should be friends with who she feels comfortable with and that's the end of the story IMO.

I was once critical of the image she was trying to sell; it was inauthentic and revealed an inflated sense of self -- remember the "perfectionist intellectual"? However, it seems she's stopped making the weird, pretentious comments about herself and her riding lately, and she doesn't bother me so much anymore. In fact, I actually have a lot of sympathy for her right now. As soon as she broke off a serious, long-term relationship (never easy) the paparazzi has gone on overdrive hounding her for pictures. It can't be easy.

Jamel Debbouze, a french actor, was in Monaco this week-end for a show.
He wrote on his facebook account: "Bye MONACO... With Charlotte, Maybe that one day Gad will be prince of the rock.. I hope that he'll let me a pebble. Monaco is beautiful. JD."
Jamel and Gad are very close friends. Could we consider this as a confirmation of the relationship between Gad and Charlotte?

[If you want to see the french version of JD's post, click on this link: http://www.gala.fr/l_actu/on_ne_parle_que_de_ca/jamel_voit_gad_en_prince_de_monaco_252920]

Last edited:
Stupid post. If i was Gad or Charlotte i would be VERY angry. Especially if he is really a friend of Gad.
Anyway! IMO Jamel is a very vulgar person and this behavior does not surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom