Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 36: June 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. The caption says Nice but the title says LAX. That's Los Angeles, isn't it?
Since I don't think they are paparazzi waiting for her in L.A. I will asume that it is in fact Nice but it would had be fun if she had gone to Hollywood to meet Gad.

By the way, when does she train?

:previous:

It's an US agency who offered the pictures ;) It should read NCE airport that's the IATA code for Nice.

I think we can agree that everyone has a different level of tolerance. And what I can personally put up with might be different from some.

I believe the lawyer who is handling Charlotte's case also handled the case of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, so if anyone has an understanding of the media interest in Charlotte's life....he might have a better idea than just you and I who are justing seeing the printed photos.

Charlotte, as the daughter of Caroline and Stefano (and the granddaughter of Grace and Rainier) is used to the press. I think we can agree that recent events in her personal life has caused this press attention to increase. Can you imagine dealing with one to two photographers every now and than to perhaps 25 or more outside your apartment (or the apartment of your friend?) I can't imagine anyone would.

In addition, in the Pippa Middletons thread, an Daily Mail editor admitted that he gets between 300 to 400 pictures of Pippa a day....A DAY! Now its worth noting that you don't see that many pics of Pippa in English magazines or newspapers (moreso American and other countries). Now we might see a Charlotte picture every now and than, but I do think there is a lot of interest in Charlotte in France and Germany. So with the sudden change in her personal life, there has been an increase in photographers.

While there was a world wide interest in Diana, there is an interest in Charlotte. Is it the same everywhere? Of course not. But I dare anyone to say that its okay to come out of your home (or that of a friend), or walking down the street, or to the airport.....to see say 10 to 25 photographers with their lenses aimed at you, walking in front of you (or behind) shouting your name, etc. And think that is okay. Because its not.

Obviously we all have an interest in Charlotte or we would not be checking out these threads, posting in these threads, doing searches for pictures, commenting on her personality, likes/dislikes, etc. But we need to remember that for all her money, beautiful clothes, jet set life, etc. Charlotte is a human being as well. She is not animal in the zoo on display or an object in a museum, that we can we view.

She has right to some sort of privacy. She is not a reality star who has put her personal life on display for our entertainment.

Last edited:
Zonk, I am completly agree with you.You are right to recall this to us.

A plane living Nice airport to LAX, :lol: fantastic, most be a big plane with a big tanker fuel :lol: to arrive there ...:lol:

Its impossible to be so :bunny:

Obviously we all have an interest in Charlotte or we would not be checking out these threads, posting in these threads, doing searches for pictures, commenting on her personality, likes/dislikes, etc. But we need to remember that for all her money, beautiful clothes, jet set life, etc. Charlotte is a human being as well. She is not animal in the zoo on display or an object in a museum, that we can we view.

Finally someone who appears over here, and reveals some feelings of compassion for this human being ! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that I agree with Kells about the charlotte vs. paparazzi issue. I am very ambivalent aswell.

On the one hand, you're right Zonk. She's not an animal zoo and having a band of photographers harassing you everytime you step on the street... Nobody should have to stand that.
From a certain standpoint she's got all the right to complain. And if this had happened 4 or 5 years ago, I would have condemned de paparazzi, no doubt.

But on the other hand... it's partly her fault.
What I mean is that she's been fueling media attention for the past 2-3 years. She's been parading around showing off her horses and playing little princesses at Fontainebleau castle.
I know, she never talked about her private life but she didn't have any achievement or profesional life to talk about either. The interviews have all been about "me, me, me, me, me, I'm so pretty and so clever and everyone admires me so much".

Maybe that's not reason enough to have a dozen paps camping in front of your door and it doesn't make it fair, but that's the way that world works and she should have known she was fueling it. It is not as if she's just arrived to the celebrities' world and had no one to give her counsel.

I don't care if she's been promoting herself out of sheer vanity or on behalf of the Monaco principality or to promote her own business with the GCT and Gucci.
Actually, if all those public appearences were motivated by economic interest, then in my opinion, she's got no right at all to complain.

She's been making money out of public interest. She is no a good model. She is not a good rider. She has no intellectual achievements to speak of.
But she's been using her pretty face and name to get money, she's been using and fuelling public atention and media interests because that media interest made her earn money.

Nothing wrong with that. it's an honest business.
But she should have been aware that she was feeding a beast. Now, she'll have to deal with it.

In any case, I don't think it will be that hard. Privacy laws are quite strict in France and all this attention around her is temporary. The moment the paps catch her with Gad their pics will be worth much less money and they will be left alone.

If I was her I will go with him to some public event, a film première or something like that, with a lot of press and photographers but no paps.
Thus, their pics together will be out, they would be less persecuted and no paparazzi will earn a single euro with them!

Last edited:
I think that I agree with Kells about the charlotte vs. paparazzi issue. I am very ambivalent aswell.

On the one hand, you're right Zonk. She's not an animal zoo and having a band of photographers harassing you everytime you step on the street... Nobody should have to stand that.
From a certain standpoint she's got all the right to complain. And if this had happened 4 or 5 years ago, I would have condemned de paparazzi, no doubt.

But on the other hand... it's partly her fault.
What I mean is that she's been fueling media attention for the past 2-3 years. She's been parading around showing off her horses and playing little princesses at Fontainebleau castle.
I know, she never talked about her private life but she didn't have any achievement or profesional life to talk about either. The interviews have all been about "me, me, me, me, me, I'm so pretty and so clever and everyone admires me so much".

Maybe that's not reason enough to have a dozen paps camping in front of your door and it doesn't make it fair, but that's the way that world works and she should have known she was fueling it. It is not as if she's just arrived to the celebrities' world and had no one to give her counsel.

I don't care if she's been promoting herself out of sheer vanity or on behalf of the Monaco principality or to promote her own business with the GCT and Gucci.

Actually, if all those public appearences were motivated by economic interest, then in my opinion, she's got no right at all to complain.
She's been making money out of public interest. She is no a good model. She is not a good rider. She has no intellectual achievements.
But she's been using her pretty face and name to get money, she's been using and fuelling public and media interests because that media interest made her earn money.

Nothing wrong with that. But she should have been aware that she was feeding a beast. Now, she'll have to deal with it.

In any case, I think it won't be that hard. Privacy laws are quite strict in France and all this attention around her is temporary. The moment the paps catch her with Gad their pics will be worth much much less.

If I was her I will go with him to some public event, a film première of some kind with a lot of press and photographers but no paps. So, their pic together would be out, they would be less persecuted and no paparazzi will earn a single euro with them!

Parading her horses? Whether or not Charlotte is a successful at her sport (which many don't think so), I hardly say that by parading her horses she is seeking the press. There are plenty of young men and women who parade their horses and don't get a tenth of the press that Charlotte gets. Its because of she is the daughter and granddaughter of well known people that she gets this type of press.

There also a lot of people in teh jet set life who lead the same lifestyle as Charlotte who don't get the press that she does. Should she have done those interviews, probably not.

We have these discussions all the time in the British threads, but I think that its HIGHLY dangerous that because people use the press to promote a concept, a movie, a product, etc. that is somehow a free pass is supposed to be given .....and that any and all aspect of their life is open for us to look and gawk at. Just because you want to promote an environmental issues doesn't mean that you and I have an incessant right to know what time Charlotte gets up in the morning, what she eats for breakfast or God forbid, who she dates.

Even animals in a zoo are not on display 24/7.

Last edited:
Of course. But there is a big difference.
And it's easy to see with Gad and Charlotte.

Say that Gad makes a new film and he gives a lot of interviews to promote it and talk about it.
He gets the media atention because he is a good actor. He is a professional selling a product. There is something he does better than most people (acting) and that's why he's well paid for.
He is promoting his product not himself.
His private self is out of the question.

Now, Charlotte has no product to speak about. She doesn't do anything worth talking about. She's not good at anything that we know about. She has nothing to promote but herself: I'm pretty, I love riding, I read so many books, I have such a wonderful style, I want to go to the Olympics, my mother taught me so and so.
She sells herself, not a product.
She puts herself on display.
And of course there's consequences to that.

I don't say we have the right to prey on her or to know everything about her because she did a few interviews. It's probably not fair, but it's the way the world works.

And she knew it. She knew she was fueling a bad thing.
And nevertheless she kept on exposing herself because she wanted the money and the public admiration it came with it.

She made an adult informed choice. That's why she shouldn't complain about the consequences it carries.

Oh, and yes, she does parade her horses. A lot. Her interviews are full of : "Tintero is such an incredible horse, so unique, so aerian! Troy is magnificent but so difficult to ride, I have to work so much with him!"

Last edited:
I'm of the mind that whatever one says in defense of Charlotte, it will be like talking to a rock, one whose mind has already been made up beforehand.

It brings to mind the following quote:

"if you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will"

ps: on a positive note, the opposite is true as well. :flowers:

Very interesting the last posts

1. We are all responsible, so we should not be hypocrits.

2. Yes Charlottes uses her fame to obtain sponsors, etc etc, but she was already known and followed, since her birth. Even if she had never approached a horse (her mother never compeated), and even if she never gave an interview (her mother has given very few interviews on her life, and almost after her 25ies) Charlotte being grand daughter of.... and daughter of... loosing her father at.... and in addition pretty!! she could never had avoided papz!
Her mother, since her 16ies was constantly followed by papz with "violence" The Paris Mach photographer, at the early 80ies went to Bora Bora (or another island very far) to catch Caroline with Guillermo Villas. Why? Caroline was not parading any horse, not promoting Gucci, not giving interviews. Just because she was the pretty daughter of Grace Kelly!! And Charlotte, being pretty also has the same destiny. What could she have done to avoid? For me NOTHING!
And I think that Charlotte, lives NOW the bad size of fame. Yes she was used since her birth to be followed, but was she really badly followed ?? Not so badly for me. She was a pretty teenager, who gave not a very "crunchy" appeal to press.
OK, she had a stable relation whith a gentle school pal (Felix). No scandal! Some pictures always very correct in public, the relation was public, and that is it! Nothing to do big titles.
After, she broke with Felix, we did not see her having "night stands" changing boyfriends. No scandal!
Alex came, similar age, single boy, rich, new stable not hidden relation. Still nothing to make huge Magazine covers....
And suddenly.. at her 25 the scandal arrives! A guy much older, already famous for him (and not for being Charlotte's boyfriend, as the two previous), divorced, Kasanova and father! People did even not realize that Alex was out! Just Gad was in! SCANDAL! Now she will SELL. Non confirmed relation, none public appearance, Charlotte spents 2 days INSIDE Gad's flat!!! SECRET! SCANDAL!! Now Charlotte will be pursued, her appartment's door will be full of papz night and day, her domestic trashes will be stolen!! All this for the FIRST confirmation picture. First confirmation of the relation and first confirmation of the split. Because they are not compatible, and people will await them to split.
Now Charlotte discovers what was the persecution of her mother and aunt, before for her it was mild. She was taking on pic, to show her outfits, but she was not interesting for tabloids BEFORE.
Now she IS. And it will never stop, even if she splits with Gad. Because she showed that she can create "THE SCOOP"!

Last edited:
One more thing, I just want to say that if one is American (like me) and was alive during the 70's onward, one will recall that what Charlotte has been through and is going through now is absolutely NOTHING compared to what her mother Princess Caroline and aunt Princess Stephanie, moreso for Caroline though, went through during those times.

Recall Princess Stephanie's brief romance with Rob Lowe anyone? Yep, it was splashed all over the mags (not to mention her music career & modeling swimsuits, et al). And poor Princess Caroline was chased all over, way before Princess Diana came onto the scene in 1981 & onwards, with coverage only dying down for the past 10 years. Understandably so since both she & Stephanie are way older now and no longer fodder for the mags. They've been through all that, had their marriages (romances), children, followed the circus in Stephanie's case, etc. Now it's their children's turn, lol. :D

To put things into perspective, whenever I mention the Grimaldis to my elder sister she asks "whatever happened to them", "the American media hasn't covered them in at least 10 years". How true. The same thing goes for their children as well. But that's understandable because their children are not American, whereas Caroline, Albert, and Stephanie were at least half American via their famous iconic mother, Princess Grace. :)

I see a mention of Charlotte every now & again in a magazine such as PEOPLE, but that's rare. They covered her moreso when she was younger, just starting out, and on all the Most Beautiful Lists, Wealthiest Children, things like that. But otherwise, no, and especially no one else in the family, not even Albert or Charlene. :( And I highly doubt they will mention her and Gad (lol people in America don't even know who he is)! :D

I'm just stating this to put it all in perspective, especially when compared to her mother Princess Caroline, who's had her face on the front cover of major magazines here in the States for at least 4 decades, the last one being her marriage to Prince Ernst August of Hanover. So if anyone knows what Charlotte is going through it is her mother, as she literally had it 10 times worse than what Charlotte is going through now. Fact.

Alos, if anyone is jealous of the coverage she is receiving overseas, particularly in France, don't be, it seriously is not big news here in the States, and I doubt anywhere else. Jmho.

Carry on! :flowers:

Yes, I don't think we can compare her situation with that of her mother.

Until very recently most people didn't even know who she was and didn't care about her. She has not suffered the same kind of harassement her mother and aunt did.

When she was a kid there were a lot of candids of her in the street because the paps were following Caroline but once she grew up 95% of the pics of Charlotte we've seen come either from public events or horse shows.

Yes, she had the ocasional paparazzi around her, but very once in a while, like many other known people. You can't say she has been harassed by the media and she never was cover material.

She's started getting covers in the past 2-3 years when she started her public campaign.

Last edited:
Like I said, don't be jealous, this too shall pass. :flowers:

If you're worried she's receiving more coverage than she should be, don't be, it's not up to either you or I or anyone else but the paparazzi/magazines. Once they've had their fun they'll let it go and things should return to normal.

Myself, I'm sorry but I'm starting to find it funny, it's like making a mountain out of a molehill. :D

Don't get me wrong, I am sympathetic to ALL that are chased by the paparazzi, but most especially for those that were "born" into it like Charlotte and Caroline. Both were born to Princesses, very famous ones at that. Not by their own choosing either, rather by God's.

Jelous? Why? I don't live in the US, I'm not missing anything.
I love that she's getting all this coverage! We've never had so many pics of her!

I just think she shouldn't complaint and make silly penal demands.
She planted the seeds.

I disagree on that, she has every right to sue, and should if she is being stalked by the paparazzi.

She, like any human being on earth, has the right to privacy.

She didn't ask to be born to a very famous Princess, nor did she ask to be born beautiful, et al. That was God's choice, not hers.

As long as people are interested in celebrity and royalty their pictures will be valuable and people like Charlotte will be followed by paparazzis everywhere.It is not because of greedy tabloids or immoral photographers-the public interest is what keeps this system going...I feel sorry for those who didn´t chose to be in the center of attention,but if you are a singer or actress you have to accept the media attention that comes along with being successful.

I disagree on that, she has every right to sue, and should if she is being stalked by the paparazzi.

She, like any human being on earth, has the right to privacy.

She didn't ask to be born to a very famous Princess, nor did she ask to be born beautiful, et al. That was God's choice, not hers.

Very well said!! We people are fed from the notoriaty of these famous persons, at least let them the right to react! She is not obliged to accept!

I get what Trepstep meant. She is not very logic, she complained about the paps but it's OK to pose for vogue, she complained about stalkers but again it's OK to be model for gucci and to give interview about nothing worthing it. She can't have the best of both worlds, she should know what she really wants in life, being famous or being a bit known.
But now apparently, there are dangerous papz so I can understand but about normal paps, she "was looking for it".

I'd like to add that I'm not in her place so I don't know but for me, she is not very harrassed, maybe a bit because of Gad but it's nothing close to "real stars"

Last edited:
I get what trepstep is saying too. It's totally okay for her to parade and pose if that's what she wants, but bitching about it later doesn't sound very coherent. Strings come attached. And you know, if you don't like it, you can quit whatever you're doing and let things go back to what they were.

I get what trepstep is saying too. It's totally okay for her to parade and pose if that's what she wants, but bitching about it later doesn't sound very coherent. Strings come attached. And you know, if you don't like it, you can quit whatever you're doing and let things go back to what they were.

And do you think that if she stops riding and giving interviews people will forget her??? Press will forget her??? The only way for her to hope being forgotten, is to go in the middle of Amazony... after plastic surgery to change her face!

Her brother Pierre, has never made any sport competition, and never gave interviews! Does the press leaving him alone??? NO!

Last edited:
Her brother Pierre, has never made any sport competition, and never gave interviews! Does the press leaving him alone??? NO!

Well, Pierre is a perfect example.

Because yes, the press leaves him very much alone.

Well, no completely but he leads a rather private life nonetheless. We get a candid pic of him walking the streets of Rome once in a long while.
And that's mainly because of Beatrice. She is very popular in Italy, has been on tv, etc.
The press never follows him when he is not with her or his family and he's never on french or spanish magazines like Hola or Point de Vue.

Of course, Charlotte will always get more attention simply because she is a girl and people are interested in her clothes, style and such, but if she didn't lead an active celebrity life and she didn't constantly campaign to sell herself as "queen of intellectual chic and glamour" like she has been doing these past 3 years she would get much less media atention.

Edit: Now, this is only a guess but if this relationship with Gad is a lasting one, I bet that she is going to become her old discreet self once again.
I don't know if you agree, but Charlotte seems to be the kind of girl who always adopts the personality a of her boyfriends.

With Felix she was all hard studies.
With Alex came the socialite glittering and the covers.
Gad is a discreet guy. I'm pretty sure he will change her again (well, she already dresses differently)

Last edited:
Forget, maybe not but she won't be pursued by 10 paparazzis anymore. We don't have for example candid pics of Louis because he is not doing interviews, pose for magazine to say what he likes to read and how much he is a perfectionist but we don't forget who he is either. If she stops doing interviews, posing for magazine and attending VIP events, I think it's safe to assume that she will no longer have 10 paparazzis around her house.
But her lawyers stated that it began the 25th dec so I think it's because of Gad, but once we will have pictures of the two together, it will quiet a little.

Well, Pierre is a perfect example.

Because yes, the press leaves him very much alone.

Well, no completely but he leads a rather private life nonetheless. We get a candid pic of him walking the streets of Rome once in a long while.
And that's mainly because of Beatrice. She is very popular in Italy, has been on tv, etc.
The press never follows him when he is not with her or his family and he's never on french or spanish magazines like Hola or Point de Vue.

I do not think that the press leaves him very alone! We have often pics of him, partying etc, even before Beatrice. And imagine he breaks with her and starts changing girlfriends,... you will se what will happen!

I don't know if you agree, but Charlotte is the kind of girl who seems to adopt the personality and friends of her boyfriends.
With Felix she was all discretion and hard studies.
With Alex came the socialite glittering and the covers.
Gad is a discreet guy. I'm pretty sure he will change her again (well, she already dresses differently)

This is very interesting! I fully agree, but i always though it was only MY idea.
This is same like with Caroline! She changed her personnality accordingly to the companion.
Family mama - serious woman with Stefano
Country discreet girl with Vincent Lindon
Royal Higness with EA

And do you think that if she stops riding and giving interviews people will forget her??? Press will forget her??? The only way for her to hope being forgotten, is to go in the middle of Amazony... after plastic surgery to change her face!

Of course they will. They didn't really know who she was before she started exposing herself, so they will forget her very fast. Only a few ones know who she is, and amongst these ones, very little love her.
As Trepstep said, she has no talent. It's a very cruel and sad conclusion, and people are especially interested by talentuous people. Charlotte is one of the most beautiful girl in the world but that's not enough.

As far as Pierre is concerned, I sincerely don't see what you are refering to. Since the moment he started to work, as his relationship with Beatrice seems very serious, press completely let him down. I haven't seen him in newspapers for a longtime! Same thing for Andrea, usually absent from newspapers - except when he drove too fast... Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte share the same family, the same beauty, the same sad history.

However, Charlotte is the one who is the most followed. Maybe is it because she gave interviews, posed for Testino in Fontainebleau castle, etc. She sold herself, I think at a time she wanted to be admired by people as a beautiful, talentuous and clever girl. Maybe now she regrets it when she's harassed by paparazzis, and I feel sorry for her.

As Zonk said, Charlotte is not in a zoo. Unfortunately, she can't play with medias, they always want more than she wants to / can give to them. Of course she could pose for Paris Match with Gad, being paid for it and giving the money to Fight Aids or Amade. But she has the right to refuse it too. The fact that she sold herself can't oblige her to publish her private life to earn some peace. She should be free to live her life quietly, but she's paying her past need of publicity. That's why her penal trial can sound as hypocritical to some of them.

Exactly. It's not as if the press has any right to pree on her. She should be free to live quietly if she wants to do so. But that's only the theory.

The truth is that fame is a monster that can eat you alive if you are not very careful. And Charlotte, coming from the family she comes from, should have known it.

I wouldn't worry much thought. If she really wants to live her life outside of the media attention, the novelty of the Gad relationship will soon burn out and she will be able to go back to normal and live privately. I have the feeling that if they stay together, Gad will push her towards it.

She may find it inconvenient at the moment, or perhaps it is her new boyfriend who is bothered, but I am under the impression that she has enjoyed the limelight. You don't sign on to be covergirl for Gucci and show up at high profile events and be photographed if you dont want attention. Once you make the deal you have to take what comes with it. You cannot turn the attention on and off to suit your pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom