Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 36: June 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's incredible to read people's comments on purepeople, or other websites!! Usually, Charlotte is criticised a lot as a snob spoilt socialite, and now that on the pics we see her smiling, people say that she's beautiful, nice, etc. It's so funny!!

Thank you Iceflower!
I think that she's beautiful on the second pic, and on the contrary, I don't like her on pics 1 and 3: that's the proof that a smile can really change a face, and make a woman even more than beautiful!
Am I the only one to not really like her outfit? I think that her tights are too black, and even if I love when she wears braid, this one (I think that in english, you say french braid?) is too simple for the occasion.
Charlotte seems to be less and less a professional rider, and more and more a professional socialite. She reminds the way she behaved at the end of the Felix era, and at the beginning of Alex's one. Lots of parties. Maybe it announces a new change in her life?

EDIT: PurePeople Gallery (Charlotte Casiraghi : Etoile parisienne pour honorer son grand ami Karl) On the first pic I think that she looks a lot like her mother.

I agree. She seems to have became miss socialite. Every day a different party..........well, I would not exxpect her to be stuck at home at her age and in her position.

I have noticed on one of PA's civil wedding videos and the Paris premiere video that lasers are being aimed at Charlotte; I guess from video cameras. I would find that frightening. You wouldn't know if it was a camera or a weapon. It also might explain why she is ducking her head down. You wouldn't want to look into a laser beam.

I like her latest outfit and the hair! The make up suits her really well.
Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower:flowers:

I personnally think that this pic is one of the most beautiful pic of Charlotte I have ever seen. Her face is perfect, her make up is very luminous, it's even the first time I find her beautiful with make up (I prefer when she's natural). Her eyes, her little smile, makes her look amazing!
There is also a strong similarity with her mother, and even with her aunt on this pic.

I agree. She seems to have became miss socialite. Every day a different party..........well, I would not exxpect her to be stuck at home at her age and in her position.

I agree. As much as I HATE to say it, Charlotte's almost becoming Europe's Paris Hilton-without the drunk driving conviction. ;)

Charlotte is nothing like Paris Hilton. That is insulting.

Charlotte is nothing like Paris Hilton. That is insulting.

DITTO - ugh - there is absolutely NO comparison between Charlotte and some like Paris Hilton.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see the Paris Hilton-Charlotte Casiraghi connection.

Paris is/was rich trying to be famous. Charlotte is rich and well known. The only thing that they have in common (besides the fact that they don't have to have to work 40 hours for a pay check) is that they are young woman who come from money and are considered socialites. You don't see Charlotte seeking additional fame by appearing on a reality television show or being paid to open clubs, etc.

Sometimes I really don't get the ALL of Charlotte criticism...yes, she should probably focus on one thing in her life. Something that interests her and brings her happiness. She probably could give back to people who are not as fortunate (not that we don't know if she does this). But guess what, there are a lot of people her age (both rich, not so rich and/or poor) who haven't found themselves.

I also find it ironic that sometimes we (I am using the universal we) are critical of Charlotte just attending parties, fashion shows, events, etc and 1) we are actively seeking these pictures 2) we are critical of her receiving press but because of who she is (because of either her, her mother, grandmother or whatever) and not what she has done and yet we are still seeking information on her because of her family lineage and 3) if there are no pics of her doing anything (attending events, getting coffee, sitting on a bench or whatever) than people are wondering where the pics are?

And to top if off, we are critical of the life choices that Charlotte makes that let's face it....other than who she is and her link to the Monaco throne...she is a private person...she doesn't owe any of us any explanations if she sits in her room all day and eats chocolate.

ETA: Don't get me wrong. I understand that this is a discussion board and we are all here because we have an interest in Monaco Princely family and by extension Charlotte...I guess I just wonder what you guys expect from Charlotte (i.e. world peace, a noted philanthropist, etc.). I would also like to remind people that she is fairly young and she needs time to grow. Just because she is rich and well known....that is no different from you and I.

Last edited:
No, you're all interpreting my statement wrong.
What I meant was that Paris is/was the "it"/"party girl" of the US Socialite world. And Charlotte is beginning to act like that attending all of these parties, and having the cameras on her all the time these days.
I disagree Zonk, you DO see Charlotte doing that...the Gucci ambassdorship...duh. She's rich, she doesn't need that sponsorship for her show jumping, Gucci is just using her because her family (not her. Most people say "Charlotte who?" unless they know of the Grimaldi family....) is rich and well-known. Gucci could easily sponsor a better amateur rider who's family isn't known, but they chose Charlotte because of her family.

So what if Gucci is using her for her family link? Isn't she getting something out of the deal? You are right they could definitely sponsor someone is well known and better but unless they are a Tiger Woods/David Beckham category and let's face it.....most riders are not....why should they? Unless I am mistaken most companies operate to make money. If a no name rider isn't going to bring exposure and/or money to their brand...they are not going to do business with them. Athletes get sponsors and commercial deals because they make money for the companies they are involved with. If you can sign an athlete in the beginning in their career or before they peak...the better for the both of them.

They both win from where I stand...she gets a sponsor and they get exposure. Its an equitable barter.

And from where I sit....having Gucci has a sponsor is a heck of lot different than getting 25K to open a club in Las Vegas or LA. Or in Europe and/or Asia as Paris (and others) have been known to do.

Last edited:
What is she getting out of the deal? New clothes exclusively designed for her that no one else can buy? I can imagine riders going looking for her riding clothes in Gucci stores and being unable to find them because they are exclusively made for Charlotte
Where's the win-win?
Sure it will get people in the stores, but that's it.
And like I said, she doesn't needa sponsor at all. She has plenty of money in the bank to cover her expenses for her hobby.

What is she getting out of the deal? New clothes exclusively designed for her that no one else can buy? I can imagine riders going looking for her riding clothes in Gucci stores and being unable to find them because they are exclusively made for Charlotte
Where's the win-win?
Sure it will get people in the stores, but that's it.
And like I said, she doesn't needa sponsor at all. She has plenty of money in the bank to cover her expenses for her hobby.

Maybe I am missing something but how is Charlotte's ability to get clothes that are exclusively designed for her a problem? How is not a win win situation. Charlotte gets clothes and a sponsor and Gucci gets publicity of a well known young lady wearing their clothes. That's a win win for me but maybe I am missing something else.

Is Gucci doing a bait and switch -- advertising these clothes are available for purchase for everyone else and than when they get to the store they are either 1) not available or 2) available at a higher price? How does clothes made for exclusively for Charlotte differ than other designer clothes?

And who says she doesn't need a sponsor? Yes, she is fairly wealthy but obviously both Gucci and Charlotte thought that such an arrangement would benefit both parties. And frankly, since we don't know the specifics of the deal whose to say that some other unknown rider is benefiting as well. And I daresay that your suggestion that riding is Charlotte's riding is her hobby is your opinion (that you are entitled to) but apparently others (including Gucci) might see it a bit differently.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Charlotte doesn't need the Gucci money. Charlotte is obviously much richer than you and me. But it doesn't mean she is that wealthy.

Yes, the Grimaldi are wealthy. But the money of Monaco is the money of Monaco. Maybe Rainier left her something from his private money when he died, maybe he didnt't but in any case, she is just one of the many nephews of a ruling prince.

And, yes, Stefano was a succesful businessman. But when he died, his money went to Caroline, not the kids. How much of this money has Caroline passed on to her children. Probably some of it. But most probably she is still administering most of what Stefano left her.

Also, there is a common mistake. When someone is worth a lot of money it doesn't mean that he has all that money disposable to spend. When you read this people fortune is x millions, it doesn't mean that this person has so much cash. The money may be invested in several companies, buildings, etc... and you need to invest and re-invests your winnings.

What I mean is we really don't know how much money Charlotte really can spend on horses. And international horse-riding is awfully expensive. It's not just that you have to buy the horses. You have to pay their food , the trainer, the groom, the shows, the travelling, the vets... Just taking a couple of horses and a groom to Brazil is unthinkable for most people! She probably wouldn't be able to own 7 horses and travel so much with them if it weren't for the Gucci sponsorhip. Or maybe she could but the expense would be so much that it would force her to lower her way of life and she doesn't want to.

I don't find anything wrong in Charlotte attenting party after party, either. I don't get why she should do something boring and serious with her life when she has the means to simply enjoy it, and I don't get why she should focus on one thing, or work hard on anything, or find a purpose or whatever. Most people don't do it. Not even normal people who need to work to pay the rent. Why should she? Sometimes it sounds a little bit like envy.

And I know I have been very critical with Charlotte! But not because of her lack of purpose or her many parties. Only because she is fake and she tries to sell herself as something she is not and she is under no obligation to be.

One of my favorite lines comes from the Cosby show when Heathcliff is trying to teach Theo the value of money via a small game of Monopoly money. After he gives Theo a sum of money to last the month, and than takes it via things he will have to pay (rent, food, clothing, transportation, etc.) Theo basically runs out of money and hints that he can get some from Clif, who than states to Theo "I have money. You have Nothing." So I totally agree with the concept that Charlotte may have access to money but is not super rich. At least not rich enough to continue with horse riding. I am not familiar with riding, other than what I learn here but the only two people that I know who ride professionally are Athina Onassis (who is super rich and does appear to have access to her money) and Zara Phillips (who is well off but her grandmother is rich) and has sponsors to finance her sport. The main difference appears to be that Zara is really good.

And I am not sure you can categorize Charlotte as fake unless you, or you know someone who has a relationship (or at least ineracted with her), etc. It hard (at least it is hard for me) to determine if someone is fake based on interviews that are easily manipulated. Charlotte can speak to someone for an hour about something and we only see seconds if not minutes of a particular interview.

Furthermore, as I have stated before its sounds like Charlotte has a lot of interests and is trying to find one that she likes the most. She wouldn't be the first (nor the last) to jump into a program, an idea, a career, a cause, etc. only to find out later that is isn't what she thought, wants or doesn't have a passion for it.

The only difference is that many of us who have a lot on her plates, are not in the spotlight and as a result of the spotlight are expected to be experts on a particular subject, cause, topic, etc.

I think its a bit unfair to put this on the shoulders of a young lady.

Last edited:
One of my favorite lines comes from the Cosby show when Heathcliff is trying to teach Theo the value of money via a small game of Monopoly money. After he gives Theo a sum of money to last the month, and than takes it via things he will have to pay (rent, food, clothing, transportation, etc.) Theo basically runs out of money and hints that he can get some from Clif, who than states to Theo "I have money. You have Nothing." So I totally agree with the concept that Charlotte may have access to money but is not super rich. At least not rich enough to continue with horse riding. I am not familiar with riding, other than what I learn here but the only two people that I know who ride professionally are Athina Onassis (who is super rich and does appear to have access to her money) and Zara Phillips (who is well off but her grandmother is rich) and has sponsors to finance her sport. The main difference appears to be that Zara is really good.

And I am not sure you can categorize Charlotte as fake unless you, or you know someone who has a relationship (or at least ineracted with her), etc. It hard (at least it is hard for me) to determine if someone is fake based on interviews that are easily manipulated. Charlotte can speak to someone for an hour about something and we only see seconds if not minutes of a particular interview.

Furthermore, as I have stated before its sounds like Charlotte has a lot of interests and is trying to find one that she likes the most. She wouldn't be the first (nor the last) to jump into a program, an idea, a career, a cause, etc. only to find out later that is isn't what she thought, wants or doesn't have a passion for it.

The only difference is that many of us who have a lot on her plates, are not in the spotlight and as a result of the spotlight are expected to be experts on a particular subject, cause, topic, etc.

As I understand, and have read in numerous places Pr. Rainer left Albert and Caroline a CONSIDERABLE fortune, I read in Forbes that Caroline inherited 900 million. That is only speculation. (Stephanie only got 17 million, again speculation).
But Charlotte is very close to her mother, she has an interest that she shares with Caroline, my point is that as far as Charlotte and riding/cpmpeting....money is not an obstacle. IMO.:flowers:

[-][/-][-][/-]
I'm not sure Charlotte doesn't need the Gucci money. Charlotte is obviously much richer than you and me. But it doesn't mean she is that wealthy.

Yes, the Grimaldi are wealthy. But the money of Monaco is the money of Monaco. Maybe Rainier left her something from his private money when he died, maybe he didnt't but in any case, she is just one of the many nephews of a ruling prince.

And, yes, Stefano was a succesful businessman. But when he died, his money went to Caroline, not the kids. How much of this money has Caroline passed on to her children. Probably some of it. But most probably she is still administering most of what Stefano left her.

Also, there is a common mistake. When someone is worth a lot of money it doesn't mean that he has all that money disposable to spend. When you read this people fortune is x millions, it doesn't mean that this person has so much cash. The money may be invested in several companies, buildings, etc... and you need to invest and re-invests your winnings.

What I mean is we really don't know how much money Charlotte really can spend on horses. And international horse-riding is awfully expensive. It's not just that you have to buy the horses. You have to pay their food , the trainer, the groom, the shows, the travelling, the vets... Just taking a couple of horses and a groom to Brazil is unthinkable for most people! She probably wouldn't be able to own 7 horses and travel so much with them if it weren't for the Gucci sponsorhip. Or maybe she could but the expense would be so much that it would force her to lower her way of life and she doesn't want to.

I don't find anything wrong in Charlotte attenting party after party, either. I [-][/-]don't get why she should do something boring and serious with her life when she has the means to simply enjoy it, and I don't get why she should focus on one thing, or work hard on anything, or find a purpose or whatever. Most people don't do it. Not even normal people who need to work to pay the rent. Why should she? Sometimes it sounds a little bit like envy.

And I know I have been very critical with Charlotte! But not because of her lack of purpose or her many parties. Only because she is fake and she tries to sell herself as something she is not and she is under no obligation to be.
When Charlotte was in school, she was a very studios/serious student, and as the story goes one of her teachers ask he " why study so hard, your family is rich..." Pr Caroline said in interviews how extremly offensive and HURTFUL such remarks (attitude) are.

I am 10 years older than Charlotte and I don't even have 1 % of her fortune, still I haven't found myself and I am still wondering what to do with my life.

So.............I don't know why someone like her is expected to have found her way at just 25.

As I understand, and have read in numerous places Pr. Rainer left Albert and Caroline a CONSIDERABLE fortune, I read in Forbes that Caroline inherited 900 million. That is only speculation. (Stephanie only got 17 million, again speculation).
But Charlotte is very close to her mother, she has an interest that she shares with Caroline, my point is that as far as Charlotte and riding/cpmpeting....money is not an obstacle. IMO.:flowers:

900 milliion? I find it very hard to believe. I think the journalist often mistake the worth of someone's financial assets, and money on the hand. You may have a company that's worth 900 millions and at the same time you can have money loses.

You're right. I have no idea whether she is fake or not in real life. I'll change my words, then:
I don't like the fake public image she projects and the way she tries to sell herself.

I don't thinkthat in her case the interviews are manipulated at all. They seem highly controled and standarized, she always gives away the same answers and she has a personal relationship with some of the editors. I'm pretty sure she is given the right to read the piece before it gets published and nothing she desaproves of appears in print. The interviews project the image she whishes to projetc and that image is fake because it doesn't fit her actual self.

I completely agree with you on Charlotte having wide interests and trying to find what she likes better etc, and the unfairiness of demanding of her to be serious and steady about one thing.

We only disagree on one point: you think that it's the public who's put such a pressure on her and I think that it's her onw fault.
If she'd remained silent while riding, editing her magazine, studying etc... nobody would have had any thing to say. But she needlessy decided to go public and tell everybody how serious and dedicated ( a semi profesional) she was about horse riding, about environement, about philosophy... and there's where the trouble began because the public could see that reality didn't match her words and she was trying to sell herself as more than she is.

I think that Charlotte herself has put all that pressure on her shoulders with those awfully naif and pretentious interviews.

Zonk said:
I also find it ironic that sometimes we (I am using the universal we) are critical of Charlotte just attending parties, fashion shows, events, etc and 1) we are actively seeking these pictures 2) we are critical of her receiving press but because of who she is (because of either her, her mother, grandmother or whatever) and not what she has done and yet we are still seeking information on her because of her family lineage and 3) if there are no pics of her doing anything (attending events, getting coffee, sitting on a bench or whatever) than people are wondering where the pics are?

And to top if off, we are critical of the life choices that Charlotte makes that let's face it....other than who she is and her link to the Monaco throne...she is a private person...she doesn't owe any of us any explanations if she sits in her room all day and eats chocolate.

We are critical of her because she tries to put out an image of being a perfectionist, intellectual, Olympic-aspiring, overly driven person. However, she hasn't really accomplished much, she's sporadic in her endeavors and she's been rude and snotty in the press. Its a huge PR mess. The result is she doesn't always come across as a very likable person.

I disagree that Charlotte's a party girl . I've never seen a picture of her in a nightclub. To date, she's been remarkably respectable. Compare her to Prince Harry or even her brothers. If she weren't attached to Monaco, she wouldn't give interviews at all. It's just part of her Monaco duties. PC used to always go to the fashion shows until Charlotte took over for her. Now you rarely see her. PC wasn't even at Lagerfeld's honorary dinner. Charlotte was the family representative. Like I have said many times before, these events are Monaco's market niche.

FanofMonaco said:
I disagree that Charlotte's a party girl . I've never seen a picture of her in a nightclub. To date, she's been remarkably respectable. Compare her to Prince Harry or even her brothers.

I agree. It is absolutely remarkable that she has managed to stay scandal free and has never been photographed stumbling out of a club or looking like she's had a long night. And for that, I give her a lot of credit. It shows that she cares about what people think. Perhaps it's too much though...

I think any comparisons to Paris are unfounded. First of all, Paris Hilton is very much open about her drug use, and anyone who is in the US club scene (Miami, New York, LA) can confirm that. Furthermore, she is a girl who will do ANYTHING for attention... I can't imagine Charlotte exhibiting bad behavior simply to get attention the way Paris does and I think Charlotte deserves credit for that.

Last edited:
I don't believe that Paris Hilton is like Charlotte. They are very different kind of women with different interests. There are many other celebrities who enjoy the socialite life. That doesn't automatically make them belong to the Paris group.

I agree. It is absolutely remarkable that she has managed to stay scandal free and has never been photographed stumbling out of a club or looking like she's had a long night.
Yes I'd echo this. I think Alex deserves praise & gets a lot of unfair press - he must be one of the reasons she hasn't been pictured in this way & there's no "kiss & tell " stories from their friends either.

Charlotte is way above Paris Hilton and all the other trashy socialites. Charlotte is classy, behaved and always acted all prim and proper.
End of the story.

Did Charlotte actually took part in any real new current event these days that we can discuss here????

She looks so beautiful, but her expression is funny at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom