Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 36: June 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, her family probably just wants her to marry and have lots of beautiful babies to provide even more PR tools and descendants for the Palace to use at their disposal. This was really all that was expected of Caroline as well.

This time, I disagree with you: I'm quite sure that Grimaldis don't want her to marry and to have babies. They are waiting for it from Charlène, who is the Prince's wife. But Charlotte is not as important as that for the family... She's just a beautiful girl on the pics. She has no chance to get the throne, so she has the luck to do what she wants of her life. And this may be the problem: Charlotte can do all that she wants, and this lack of restraint leads her to the fact that she doesn't know what to do. So she wants to do a lot of things, too many things. She doesn't really work for it, and wants to be the best. Indeed, only the best journalists create a magazine; only the best riders take part to GCT. I think that the only way in which she can be the best without working is modelling. She luckilly has good genes, she will succeed in it. I'm sure that's what Charlotte is going to do: modelling, and partying in beautiful dresses. Maybe I'm wrong, time will show us...

Monaco = Glamour. The people of Monaco always wanted to be glamorous imho. I have read once ( please, don't start the comms such as, what we read is not reliable blah blah..) that Renier wanted to marry a woman who would bring the glamour in Monaco. And he asked Onassis to help him and he suggested Marilyn Monroe, but Renier picked Grace Kelly in the end. That's the reason Monaco became so famous. Otherwise, just a few people would knew and care about it.
With this reference, i want to say that they really want to attract the eyes of people with the women of Monaco. And that's what propably Albert does with Charlotte, too. Maybe it's one of her duties for Monaco.
And i don't say that's bad.
But Monaco and its royals have got this more celebrity style thing that the other Royals don't have. This style's not my cup of tea for Monaco.
We are bombarded with every new step Char does for horse riding, for her (very rare) writing skills and her intellectual abilities. C'mon, she is not Rene Descartes neither Fr. Nietzsche! People make a big fuss for nothing. And Char allows that.

Last edited:
I don't see how Charlotte can change the big fuss that is made over her. All she has to do is walk out of her apartment front door and the paparazzi are waiting. She doesn't have to wear anything special at all and her clothes are commented on. Charlotte was born into a glamour "bubble" that is Monaco and even if her looks fade away, she will always be chased by the paparazzi, as long as their photos of her sell.

Last edited:
Sorry, but i'm not talking about the paparazzi thing. But about the journalists. It's quite different i guess. Paparazzi will follow her forever. So they'll follow Charlene, her mother, Stephanie and her brothers. (I am not talking about Stephanie's children because they're not exposed that much. I guess Stephanie really succeded in keeping her kids out the limelight. Good for her.) Especially when she "shouts" every move she makes with horse riding.

I don't understand the Charlene reference here.. :flowers: And i am not going to compare her with Char. Pointless. But about the big fuss over Charlene.. well, that's how papz work.

Last edited:
Charlotte said she doesn't consider herself to be a journalist. She had an idea about having a think tank regarding sustainability and clothing. She become part of the biennale? that happens every two years in Italy by providing a free magazine to go along with it. She also saw an opportunity with the GCT to provide a yearly program for them and paired up with Jan Tops. To me, she has 2 small businesses that she has been successful with. She won't get rich on them but to a middle class person I am sure her 2 ventures would provide a nice income. As for riding she will never be like Zara, but I can see her eventually getting to the 5* level and going to an Olympics or 2, similar to Marta Ortega. It's not like there is any competition to get on the Monaco riding team. Marta will probably never go to the Olympics because she is from a large country, Spain, but she is now competing at the 5* level and holding down a full time job working for the family company.More of a very good amateur rather than a full time professional.

As the discussion is making leeways from the actual current events, please use the "General Questions
and Information about the Casiraghi Trio"-thread for further more general discussions - thanks!

Looks like she is wearing a Missoni design? Could it be?
I like her make up. She looks prettier with natural make up.

I don't like the clothes she's wearing but she looks pretty. Her face looks fuller and healthier than a few months ago (maybe because she is not exercising much lately?) and she looks much better.

That's not the "Ides of March" premiere in Paris. Read the caption. It's 'The Descendants' Paris Premiere at Cinema UGC Normandie. She attended with Virginie Couperie-Eiffel (who I belive is an old family friend and the one who asked her to help with the Gucci Pro-Am...?)

Here's a link to the whole album on Zimbio and Getty

Gaspard Ulliel also attended...he was "his boyfriend" supposedly...i think they didn't date, it was just gossip, right?

Absolutely. She looks WAY better with a fuller face.

I'm quite sure that she wears a Missoni dress Nathalie Cox. It seems to me that this is the kind of clothe Missoni designs!

I also agree with all of you: her face is fuller, and softer. I prefer her like this than with the very slim face she had for Gucci museum opening. She's prettier now!

I agree too with what some of us said about her make-up: natural is better on her, it suits her well.

My only regret: why don't we have a pic of Charlotte with George Clooney??? :lol: About Charlotte and Gaspard Ulliel I always wondered if it was a rumour, or if it was true... If it had been true, I think that we would have seen more pictures of them, they would have attracted lots of paparazzis!

Just a few words about Virginie Couperie: she is a very ambitious woman. She's the daughter/sister of famous riders. She married a very famous singer, Julien Clerc. At that time, she asked to be called Virginie Couperie-Clerc. Then they divorced, so she was only Virginie Couperie. 2 or 3 years ago, she decided to be called Virginie Couperie- Eiffel: it is very recent, maybe is it more prestigious to wear "Eiffel"'s name? I wasn't surprised to see her with Charlotte: Virginie Couperie is attracted by the light and by famous people. Maybe they are friends now, but I'm quite sure that at the beginning the only interest she saw in Charlotte was her celebrity.

EDIT: PurePeople gallery (I love her on the first pic: very sweet and beautiful!)

Last edited:
I love her outfit and that natural make-up makes her look even beautiful!

I wasn't surprised to see her with Charlotte: Virginie Couperie is attracted by the light and by famous people. Maybe they are friends now, but I'm quite sure that at the beginning the only interest she saw in Charlotte was her celebrity
That seems to be a claim made about anyone who is with Charlotte. If true it doesnt say much about Charlotte if the only people who she socializes with are "celebrity stalkers".

That's not the "Ides of March" premiere in Paris. Read the caption. It's 'The Descendants' Paris Premiere at Cinema UGC Normandie. She attended with Virginie Couperie-Eiffel (who I belive is an old family friend and the one who asked her to help with the Gucci Pro-Am...?)

Here's a link to the whole album on Zimbio and Getty
Actually they got the caption wrong. See here: George Clooney & Stacy Keibler: Paris Premiere Pair! | George Clooney, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Stacy Keibler : Just Jared. George Clooney at the premiere of The Ides of March. The exact same background as in the pictures of Charlotte. I think people got confused because they are both George Clooney movies. I saw the caption, but I did some research and knew they got it wrong. Getty has now changed their captions to "The Ides of March."

I think Charlotte has probably known Virginie since she was a teenager. The same with Jean Rochefort, the French actor. They are old family friends from Fontainebleu who all love horses. Who wouldn't want to go to a premiere if they got the chance? Why does everything have to have a dark motive?

^ I know that this woman is ambitious: it's a fact, a very well known fact in french horse riding world. Some people are like this, that's life...
It's not an attack to say something I know about this woman, so I don't understand your last question. And to answer to your first question: she took the chance to go to this premiere, as anybody would (as I would!!). But she goes to it with Charlotte, to share her light, as she did at Dolce Vita projection in Roma, at Gucci Museum opening, etc. She's a fame lover!

Charlotte arriving at L'Arc de Triomphe restaurant where she had dinner with George Clooney (and also other people!) : http://www.purepeople.com/media/charlotte-casiraghi-a-la-soiree_m723291
I can't believe that she still uses the grey pashmina she had when she was a teenager: I love it!!
Do you recognize her shoes? She already wore them at a Stella Mc Cartney fashion show, with a blue dress, a few years ago!

Video of Charlotte arriving at the premiere: we see her very quickly at the beginning, and then it is all about George. (http://www.gala.fr/l_actu/on_ne_parle_que_de_ca/video_-_george_clooney_en_amoureux_a_paris_244505) On this video we can see her walking (http://lci.tf1.fr/people/le-tapis-rouge-de-george-clooney-tf1-news-y-etait-6770591.html - first little video) I don't know what you will think about her... I know, optimistics VS pessimistics... But if she didn't want to be seen, she should have stayed at home. She begins to be really ridiculous when she hides herself at official events.

Last edited:
Oh ! The gray pashmina ! I remember it !! She must love it a lot !

Kate all rich people are ambitious. That's how they became rich. That's how they stay rich. You don't think George Clooney is ambitious? He's just a very good people person ,so it's not as in your face.

In the video that LovelyKate posted she seemed so ridiculous to me. Sorry guys!

Charlotte attended a dinner honouring Karl Lagerfeld in Paris, October 19. The
gallery also includes pics of previous events they attended together.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

Thank you Iceflower!
I think that she's beautiful on the second pic, and on the contrary, I don't like her on pics 1 and 3: that's the proof that a smile can really change a face, and make a woman even more than beautiful!
Am I the only one to not really like her outfit? I think that her tights are too black, and even if I love when she wears braid, this one (I think that in english, you say french braid?) is too simple for the occasion.
Charlotte seems to be less and less a professional rider, and more and more a professional socialite. She reminds the way she behaved at the end of the Felix era, and at the beginning of Alex's one. Lots of parties. Maybe it announces a new change in her life?

EDIT: PurePeople Gallery (http://www.purepeople.com/article/c...enne-pour-honorer-son-grand-ami-karl_a89646/1http://www.purepeople.com/media/_m724122) On the first pic I think that she looks a lot like her mother.

Last edited:
In the video that LovelyKate posted she seemed so ridiculous to me. Sorry guys!

I think it is just raining over her head! A normal reaction. The guy retired the umbrella. You see some next people still havethe umbrella in the same point where Charlotte has the head uncovered.
Patrick Poivre d'Arvor has also quite the same posture.

Only the Princess of Venise seems not to care about the rain.

She looks beautiful as usual. Most of the most beautiful women, when she has a smile in her face.
Her dress is...idk, i don't like it too much...her posture seem to have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom