Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 36: June 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this particular photograph (Albert and Charlene's wedding reception) Charlotte does look particularly chic and beautiful from the pale blue shade of her gown to the flattering pulled back hair to the most complimentary earings I have seen in a long while. She looks absolutely gorgeous. Caroline must have been very proud of her.

Last edited:
In this particular photograph (Albert and Charlene's wedding reception) Charlotte does look particularly chic and beautiful from the pale blue shade of her gown to the flattering pulled back hair to the most complimentary earings I have seen in a long while. She looks absolutely gorgeous. Caroline must have been very proud of her.

Yes, I liked her outfit very very much; it was a quite regal gown. To tell you the truth, of the royal guests present at event,she was the only one who looked truly princely. More than being proud, i sometimes think P. Caroline should take a close look at her daughter's toilletes for inspiration... :flowers: :lol: :flowers:

That pale blue gown is one of the best outfits I have seen on Charlotte.

Yes, I liked her outfit very very much; it was a quite regal gown. To tell you the truth, of the royal guests present at event,she was the only one who looked truly princely. More than being proud, i sometimes think P. Caroline should take a close look at her daughter's toilletes for inspiration... :flowers: :lol: :flowers:

I agree completely. Charlotte looked more like a princess than the actual princesses at the wedding reception. She looked stunning.

Here is a translation of the Paris Vogue Interview. Thanks so much to Sebastiana at TFS for translating!
"When you ask Charlotte Casiraghi what she’s currently reading, she reaches into her bag and tosses 2 slim volumes with faded covers onto the table: Friendship by Cicero and On the Shortness of Life by Seneca. “This dialogue by Seneca is fantastic,” she says. “I re-read it often. I studied Ancient Greek and Latin, and the Stoics are some of my favorite authors. An excessive love for literature and riding and high honors on the philosophy bac are some of the few things known about this 25-year old woman, one of the most photogenic women in the world and with a natural instinct for discretion. “I’ve always read a lot. I get that from my mother. Sometimes I read 5 books at a time. I love picking up new ideas. I read a lot of classics – The Red and the Black by Stendhal, Sentimental Education by Flaubert, The Lily of the Valley by Balzac, a lot of Emily Dickinson, and also Leopardi, Fitzgerald, Carson McCullers, Tabuchi, Joan Didion, Houellebecq, etc. I also like poetry, like Letters to a Young Poet by Rilke and La Chanson du Mal-Aimé by Apollinaire.”

Sitting in a bar at the Hotel Bristol in an easy outfit of jeans and white shirt, Charlotte Casiraghi is striking for her beauty. She has the face of a Madonna, with blue eyes and a mouth identical to Mae West’s as drawn by Salvador Dali. You think immediately of the photogenic appearance of her grandmother, Grace Kelly, who went from being Hitchcock’s muse to the so-called “model princess” in front of 30 million people watching on live TV on April 19, 1956. You think also of her mother, Caroline, whose profile was immortalized by Warhol on the cover of Vogue in 1983. Lucky genes, a miracle of blue blood and magic spells on the Med, these beauties of the Rock of Monaco must have been blessed in the cradle by Venus.

Charlotte Casiraghi doesn’t give interviews, so to speak. “No comment,” as the family lawyer says. With a deep, polished voice and with innate politeness she brushes away questions she deems indiscrete with a weary face and a wave of her delicate hands punctuated with fluorescent orange nail polish. No chatter about boyfriends, family, the future, the idea of destiny or fame. “How we view other people is very personal. Of course I could talk about it. But I don’t like to.”

For the other questions, she plays the game, friendly and clearly. “To be completely honest with you, it’s true I love literature, but I really prefer philosophy. If I had to choose, I think I would have opted for the “agrégation” in philosophy [“agrégation" is a civil service exam in France for becoming a teacher]. I love rationality, the idea of essentiality, the development of reason, analyzing concepts. I was lucky enough to be introduced it by Robert Maggiori, an amazing professor and also a journalist with Liberation. He’s fascinating and makes the subject come alive. Probably because he succeeds in approaching the temporalities of philosophy and journalism the same way despite their seemingly different natures.

“I see Charlotte from time to time,” says Robert Maggiori, “and I remember her in class. She was a shy student, like many others, but she stood out because she was smart. She is a good listener and an extraordinary thinker, with a taste for questioning, especially about morality. She is extremely scrupulous, it’s drilled into her by fear of not succeeding. She should have gone for a doctorat. She would have made an excellent professor. It’s rare to find people who are so demanding on themselves.” A “licence” [like a bachelor’s degree] in philosophy led her to study for the entrance exams for the Grands Ecoles at the Lycée Fénelon, but she dropped out.

“Perfectionism is both a strength and a handicap,” says the woman in question. “Wanting to give your best is a strong motivator, but fear of not achieving what you want can be paralyzing. I have always been a good student, and therefore I always think I was going to fail. I really torture myself. Instead of making it simple and just doing my best, I put all this pressure on myself, with goals that are too high. With the entrance exams, it just became too much.”

Today it is with international show jumping around the world, from Brazil to Monaco, Valencia to Saint-Tropez, that Charlotte Casiraghi proves her mental discipline and strength. Her goal? To become champion in show jumping. “Horses have always been part of my life. Even when I was little, my mother had me ride ponies. She had horses and I rode regularly until I was 18 in amateur competitions, before stopping while I was studying. Then suddenly the desire came back. I wanted to show that I could devote myself to a sport at a very high level. I felt that at that time, I had the necessary freedom. Later when you have a family, children, it’s more complicated.” The bulk of her time ever since has been dedicated to careful training with her coach, Thierry Rozier, son of Olympic medalist Marcel Rozier, and the care of her 7 horses, 5 of which she rides in competition. “Technically, my best horse is Tintero, who is 12 years old. But he has episodes, moods. Lately he’s been a bit disturbed, so with him I don’t do well in competition. Six months ago, it was the exact opposite. You can never lose sight of the fact that the real athlete is the horse ..." "

That's where it ends. If anyone gets the rest of the article could they please post it? Thanks!

As the article from Paris Match is concerned it's a big fail. It presents Charlotte in her world of wealthy people evolving in luxury in a very indecent way, which was very shocking. I was myself disgusted while reading it, feeling nauseous and very angry. Now I'm reading people's comment: everybody is shocked and criticise her a lot, if Paris Match wanted to promote her to make people like her, it failed. Paris Match should be ashamed to have published such a paper, and they should be ashamed to have dragged Charlotte in their stupidity. I don't know if she asked this article, but now, she's the first victim of this obscenity. Sorry for this bad mood, but I dislike when "journalists" don't do they job as they should.

I think she came across as well spoken in the Vogue Paris interview...she's clearly well-educated and I was most interested in her own criticism of herself: always trying to be perfect, to be the best. If there's one thing Charlotte's public image has always been built on is that she is this ideal version of what a princess should be, from her looks to her pedigree to her fashion sense to her academic achievements. It cleary got to her and this is why she broke from school.

As the article from Paris Match is concerned it's a big fail. It presents Charlotte in her world of wealthy people evolving in luxury in a very indecent way, which was very shocking. I was myself disgusted while reading it, feeling nauseous and very angry. Now I'm reading people's comment: everybody is shocked and criticise her a lot, if Paris Match wanted to promote her to make people like her, it failed. Paris Match should be ashamed to have published such a paper, and they should be ashamed to have dragged Charlotte in their stupidity. I don't know if she asked this article, but now, she's the first victim of this obscenity. Sorry for this bad mood, but I dislike when "journalists" don't do they job as they should.

Okay, I'm not understanding. I haven't read the entire article and French is not my first language, so maybe something is being lost in translation, but it seems like an accurate portrayal of her life to me. Her friends ARE multimillionaire heirresses and daughters of rich, powerful people. She and Bea DID party it up in Capri (and this something Char & her friends do annually). Aside from the partying it describes her passion for horses. Overall, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. What's bad about it?:ermm:

I think she came across as well spoken in the Vogue Paris interview...she's clearly well-educated and I was most interested in her own criticism of herself: always trying to be perfect, to be the best. If there's one thing Charlotte's public image has always been built on is that she is this ideal version of what a princess should be, from her looks to her pedigree to her fashion sense to her academic achievements. It cleary got to her and this is why she broke from school.

If she were so pefeccionist she would have gone ahead with her studies. that is not an excuse, at least not believable. I still don´t get why she left university.

She had no reason to get a masters. She was never going to teach. She also wanted to ride before she got married. It is very logical to me. Pun intended.

Everybody shocked?? Come on, those people should be a bit naive. What do you expect from her^ She IS a multimillionaire and she leads the multimillionaire lifestyle.
I am not a big " fan" of Charlotte but come on.........

Her mother was not going to teach either. You don´t get a university degree only because you have to look for a job or earn a living. Some poeple just do it for the pleasure of studyng and knowing. If she was sooo good I don´t see the reason to leave. And what does it have to do her family is millionaire? I remember Caroline said in an interview how much it bothered her that people told Charlotte "you are rich, you don´t need to study".

I honestly think that their respective mothers had a major influence in their education. Princess Grace wouldn't have allowed Caroline to not pursue a college degree knowing how intelligent and capable her daughter is/was. Also, as she was a former Hollywood star and the Princess Consort, she was more conscious of public opinion.

As for Princess Caroline as a mother, I think of her as more lenient, as more respectful of her children's wishes. In her Diane Sawyer interview in the 90's, she mentioned that "our children are not ours, they come through us" or something to that effect. This view on parenthood I think was manifested in this particular topic of Charlotte's education. If Charlotte decided that college was not something worth pursuing, Caroline wouldn't have pressured her.

Everybody shocked?? Come on, those people should be a bit naive. What do you expect from her^ She IS a multimillionaire and she leads the multimillionaire lifestyle.
I am not a big " fan" of Charlotte but come on.........

People are not naive. We really know that she and her friends are multimillionaire. But I think it's sane, in our tiles, to be shocked by an article who describes all this luxury with admiration, as if it was normal. I'm not the kind of people to be shocked by anything, but this article was disturbing, by insisting on their expensive lifestyle. It sounds a bit unconscious, times are really difficult in this moment. We live in a big crisis, I know that there are very wealthy people, who live in luxury, wasting their money in superficialities, I'm not naive. But we don't need an article to show us how magical this kind of life is, how admirating we should be. All this to explain why I was shocked, and why I understand people who are shocked.
Now I'll stop because I'm a bit off-topic!

To join the other debate about Charlotte studies I would say that I totally agree with Rosana. It seems that there is a big operation of communication to build Charlotte's image. They want us to believe that she's intelligent, beautiful, perfect. But the university part of her life is obscure, so they are proposing some excuses. From what I know (and I already talked about it in this forum) Charlotte wasn't considered as brilliant by other students in prepa. She had big difficulties because the level was very high, a bit too high for her. And there is no shame about it, this doesn't mean that she was stupid, not at all! What I thnik is that maybe she stopped everything because she worked too hard during prepa, for no results. She got tired of all this, and wanted to do something else.

I'm really sorry BUT this article has not been written by Charlotte herself, but by Paris Match. For decades Paris Match has managed to exist thanks to this kind of articles, in this special language, dedicated to people rich, beautiful and famous. Before Charlotte it was her mum, her aunt, Pcs Diana, etc etc.
The sell the dream, in a gold envelope, but this is normal, they just respond to the existing demand!
Do you think that they would sell by writing an article dedicated to an uggly, non elegant, middle class living woman, trying to combine 8hrs per day job, transports by bus, children, husband and domestic tasks (cleaning, ironing, ...) during the weekend (of course no time for hairdresse, shopping with friends and manicure, pedicure)?
People like Charlotte sell, with their beauty, money, hapiness, even with dramas (remember her mum), and is an entire industry to take profit of this.
WE are also responsible, WE are part of the mechanism, WE open the site TRF every day to see the glitting image.
WE should accept this, IMO

Long time no see, been enjoying the beautiful summer vacation! :sun: , and then when I return I come back to this! :cool: Thanks! :flowers:

Just spectacular, what can I say, words are meaningless in this instance, so I will just list my favorite pics amongst so many to choose from:

1.) front cover ~ I honestly thought it was Brooke Shields ~ she looks just like her (of course when Brooke was younger). Which isn't really all that surprising considering that Brooke has practically the same gene make up as Charlotte (i.e. Italian, French, Irish), and Brooke also comes from an aristocratic family on her father's side, whom descend from the Louvre, which dwarfs all other royal houses throughout history, none other compares to the Royal Palace of Louvre, fact.

2.) white Chanel type swan dress ~ reminds me of Natalie Portman in the the "Black Swan" ~ simply exquisite...

3.) stunning blue dress ~ My God she looks just like Caroline! ~ and the setting is to-die-for. Barefoot in the green grass with the white swans down by the lake. The imagery just blows me away. Where was it taken at? the photos?

4.) the red dress, the long natural thick brunette hair, the stance, but most especially the background/the setting!!!!! Holy cow, I must know where this was taken at!!??!! Could be a scene straight out of "Pride & Prejudice", especially wherein Miss Elizabeth enters Mr. Darcy's house for the very first time, ahhhh...

Darcy´s home. - YouTube

I love all the pictures, but those I listed above are my favorite. And what I've read thus far of the interview confirms what I have always known ~ Miss Casiraghi is not only aesthetically beautiful, but beautiful on the inside as well. She's that rarest of rare ~ a quadruple threat ~ beauty, brains, brawn, and pedigree. The envy of most. 'nuff said. :flowers:

Fandesacs you're totally right.

As for Miss CC university career, the world is full of ignorant academic people. If she doesn't have a degree that doesnt mean she has no culture. One can build their own culture by travelling, reading, meeting people, and not necessarily by studying at uni.

I read that article very differently. It seemed to be totally ironic to me, with an allusion to Francoise Sagan's description of the rich and Princess Caroline's imitation of that style in one of the first writings she published. I felt none of this was to be taken seriously, that it was the tongue-in cheek, to be taken in the second degree type of portrait.

I don't know about you but this article is just too precious. I had to smile when the smallest flaw in this perfect young woman was that she was a perfectionist. Any book on interviewing will tell you that when asked about a fault, you must choose one that is also a quality, and perfectionism is at the top of the list.
Charlotte seems to be a very young nice lady, but this kind of interview is just too much! Two philosophy books come out of her pocket when asked what she is currently reading? This is too much!
There are also some minor inaccuracies in how you get to enter an "ecole preparatoire". Where are the fact checkers?
I wish Charlotte well of course, but if she is as intelligent as she is described, she should not allow hagiographic interviews when she is 25.

Where does it say she doesn't have a degree. It says she does but that she choose to do no more about it. As in didn't study for a masters or a PHD. In this day and age, anyone series about scademic pursuits, or pursuits in one particular subject, always do further study. BA's etc mean very litter anymore. It seems to be this that she is explaining and also that she doesn't particularily like the competitive, exam focus in this area A lot of very intelligent people are useless at exams. To be honest she doesn't come across as particularily bright. Just intellectual. There is nothing in that interview. that hints that she has any particular intelligence about the world around her.

She seems fine. Serious, and earnest, and apparently desperate not to be just a pretty face. Remember in our world you cannot be rich and good looking, and then have the absolute cheek to be clever.

Okay, so having thought about all this, my final verdict is just awkwardness. The whole thing is just awkward. The pictures---are beautiful---but awkward. The interview: definitely awkward. The part where it says Charlotte doesn't give interviews...well, then what are we doing here?

About the education thing, I think in this day and age (it's difficult to get masters; at least in America, I don't know about Europe) only because it's so expensive to go to school. And then there are fewer jobs that would allow one to pay back all these loans.

Charlotte no have that problem.:ermm: It's fine if you don't want to continue your education, especially since she seems to have decided to want to pursue l'equitation instead and obviously she's not gonna have a "normal" job like teaching or whatever. But trying to make herself appear intelligent is just a little bit too forced. All she gave was a general overview of why she liked philosophy. Well, how about what kind? There are all sorts of different ideas going around out there. What interests you? Nihilism? Existentialism? I'm shocked she didn't mention Derrida with all the famous names she pulled out of a hat. Sorry for the irritability, I just feel like this whole thing was pointless. At least we got to see her in some Pucci.

I don't know much about philosophy, but she said rationality and her professor said morality interested her.

Did he say that? I remember her saying that she liked "analyzing the development of philosophy or concepts" or something like that, but that was all on the subject. I only remember the Maggiori guy saying that she was very "scrupuleuse" which means "conscientious." Which actually says more about her than anything that actually came out of Charlotte's own mouth.

^ I don't think that none of them (Charlotte + teacher) never evoked any precise point of philosophy. I didn't mind it but as you notice it, Kells, I think that would have been very interesting!

iloveroyals I totally agree to your analysis of Charlotte's interview: a lot of things were, as you said, "too much". As the article of Paris Match is concerned, I didn't interpret it as a second-degree article, I'm not sure that was the case, but I have to recognise that it is a very strange article so: why not? :)

I'm really sorry BUT this article has not been written by Charlotte herself, but by Paris Match. For decades Paris Match has managed to exist thanks to this kind of articles, in this special language, dedicated to people rich, beautiful and famous. Before Charlotte it was her mum, her aunt, Pcs Diana, etc etc.
The sell the dream, in a gold envelope, but this is normal, they just respond to the existing demand!
Do you think that they would sell by writing an article dedicated to an uggly, non elegant, middle class living woman, trying to combine 8hrs per day job, transports by bus, children, husband and domestic tasks (cleaning, ironing, ...) during the weekend (of course no time for hairdresse, shopping with friends and manicure, pedicure)?
People like Charlotte sell, with their beauty, money, hapiness, even with dramas (remember her mum), and is an entire industry to take profit of this.
WE are also responsible, WE are part of the mechanism, WE open the site TRF every day to see the glitting im age.
WE should accept this, IMO

Dear Fandesacs, where did you read in my post that this interview was written by Charlotte? On the contrary, I said that I was angry against those journalists who did too bad their job, by writing such an article.
I totally agree with your post: Paris Match sells dream, and that's why they wrote about Charlotte, because she's a young beauty, belonging to a glamourous and wealthy family. I only noticed that they insisted a bit too much on her luxury world, which was a bit disturbing, because we live in a very difficult time, where lots of people suffer from poverty (even if they have a job).
However, I totally agree with you: WE are responsable, and I am too, I won't be hypocrital, if I'm a member of this forum I contribute to this "mechanism", as you very well said. It was not Charlotte who shocked me (I know or I imagine very well that she lives in a golden world and it doesn't matter!) but the style of this article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well let's not take this article too seriously.after all they had to write about " the glamourous, filthy rich lifestyle " of Charlotte Casiraghi of Monaco, not about a normal, ordinary 25 year old gal..............
And at the end of the day, those kind of magazines sell dreams and sell copies just thanks to people like Miss CC

The Monaco royals help keep the European magazine industry alive. The magazines give the customer what they want. People want to escape; especially when times are hard.

As far as being filthy rich there is nothing wrong with that. The Grimaldis do alot of good. Their people have the higest standard of living in the world. They provide 45,000 jobs (55,ooo in the summmer) to the French and Italians.They promote the French and Italian fashion industries, the French and Italian riviera tourist industry. They drive and thus promote VWs, Fiats and Nissans (made in France) when they could be driving luxury cars. They build schools and clinics thru Amade and Stephanie's aids organization. Promote ecology and the arts. They have earned their money. They do quite alot for such a little country.

Last edited:
And, "filthy rich" is meant to demean them - in that, they don't deserve their riches, and do no good. As we know, they support many charities from the Arts to Humanitarian efforts - no one can say that they do nothing, and maintain any credibility.....ridiculous....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom