Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 36: June 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Caroline case I think that it was in fact a narcissistic exercise. she did those interviews when she was very young. she loved the public attention and showing off as the beautiful princess. Those famous pics by Lagerfeld with her husband and the 3 kids are an example. She put her 3 children in the spotlight willinglinly showing them off. Later she learned her lesson, discovered she had made a mistake and started trying to protect them from the press. But it was too late, and the press alreadly loved and wanted them.

Charlene cse is different. She is doing an exercise of public relations. Her interviews are without interest but she is the prince consort, she has a public role to play, people had to have a chance to know her and well they are so many suspictions about her marriage that they need this kind of bland public statements.
Same think with Mary and Frederik. They are going to be king and queen of denmark. even if they don't like doing interviews they do it because their people want to know them.

Charlotte pretends to love her privacy to the point of being needlessly rude to the jopurnalist who asked her how was the show at Stella Mcartney, but it would seem that she loves a little to much the attention...

Of course Charlotte has every right to do it. It is very tempting to to an editorial with a famous photographer. And she is beautiful. But she is no public person. There is no people who need to know her. She doesn't even mention Monaco.
It seems as if she does it only to feed her ego, show everybody how pretty she is and how many books she has read. It's no crime, and she has the right to do it. But it still seems pointless and narcissistic to give an interview to talk about your high school achievements and the many books you've read.

Well, no. CW started with the media game much before being Albert´s wife. Her only purpose was to sell herself as the prince´s girlfriend and show off the expensive clothes she was not paying for. She was not selling Monaco. That is narcissism too!
Mary and Fred did an unnecessary showing off of wealth in the middle o an international cirsis. They don´t need to do such an exhibition for their people to know them. That is narcissism.
But as you seem to not like Charlotte at all, she is the narcissistic one for you. I respect everyone opinions here, but you have to admit you only see faults in her lately.
Why can she not just show her gorgeous face, her favourite designer´s gowns, and talk about her hobbies? There is not a good reason not to do it, and not a good reason to criticize her so much. What else would you have asked her? After all, we are commenting on this. If she´s distant she´s snob. If she becomes more approachable and talks to the press, she´s self-centered. We are never satisfied.

Besides, Monaco is so much lacking a figure with glamour to show off!!! I´m happy she´s decided to continue the family tradition.:)

Those photos were shot by Karl Lagerfeld and were meant to be a present from the designer to her friend the Princess on the ground of her fifht wedding anniversery. As for Charlotte, think: the girl has no real or serious responsabilities in her life. She has nothing new to say whenever she's interviewed. Appearing on Vogue is just a way to draw attentions to her, since she has nothing else to account for her. It's just a way to please her ego, a simple matter of vanity.
She is a pretty young woman. I agree. She has a nice looking face, beautiful eyes, a sweet funny little nose, a classical profile. But she's pretty in a dollish way. She has a doll face, an ethereal, distant prettiness, not the down to earth, mature beauty, for instance, her mother had when she was 25. She's pretty, not beautiful, in the full sense of the word. As for her aristocratic background, when we come to think of it she's as aristocratic as Kate Middleton ( or her future children ); her maternal grandmother was a commoner, her greatgrandmother was the daughter of a waitress and her own father was a simple businessman without a drop of royal blood. So pretend to be a « REAL European aristocratic beauty » seems a bit pretensious, don't you think?

No, I am sorry I have to disagree. Kate Middleton is not the daughter of a beautiful princess, nor is she the granddaughter of a legendary actress and a Heredity Prince...who is also a legend.

Grace might have been born a commoner, but make no mistake. She was known around the world by the time she married Rainier and re-launced Monaco after 1956. She was an Oscar winner as well.

Kate Middleton is the daughter of obscure working class people who became wealthy and put her through elite schools hoping that by doing so she would meet the "right" sort of people. If she had not met and married William I don't think people would be Googling the Middletons to find out who they are...they simply wouldn't care.

The rags(mostly British)referring to Pippa as "Her Royal Hotness" is about as "pretentious" as it gets.

As for looks? It's all a matter of opinion of course. But my own opinion is that Catherine and her sister are nowhere in Charlotte's league in the looks department. The Middleton girls are pretty.

Charlotte Casiraghi is drop dead gorgeous gorgeous, a world class beauty in my opinion.

ETA: I completely agree that the VOGUE shoot is purely a vanity exercise for Charlotte!

Last edited:
No, I am sorry I have to disagree. Kate Middleton is not the daughter of a beautiful princess, nor is she the granddaughter of a legendary actress and a Heredity Prince...who is also a legend.

Grace might have been born a commoner, but make no mistake. She was known around the world by the time she married Rainier and re-launced Monaco after 1956. She was an Oscar winner as well.

Kate Middleton is the daughter of obscure working class people who became wealthy and put her through elite schools hoping that by doing so she would meet the "right" sort of people. If she had not met and married William I don't think people would be Googling the Middletons to find out who they are...they simply wouldn't care.

The rags(mostly British)referring to Pippa as "Her Royal Hotness" is about as "pretentious" as it gets.

As for looks? It's all a matter of opinion of course. But my own opinion is that Catherine and her sister are nowhere in Charlotte's league in the looks department. The Middleton girls are pretty.

Charlotte Casiraghi is drop dead gorgeous gorgeous, a world class beauty in my opinion.

ETA: I completely agree that the VOGUE shoot is purely a vanity exercise for Charlotte!

Well Moonmaiden it's your opinion of course, and i respect it. But let's face it, the legendary actress descend from an obscure family of irish emigrants. Her parents gave her the best possible education, as Kate middleton's did or any another parent in the world would do for their children. Of course she worked ( and the key word here is work, hard work, wich is something Charlotte totally ignores the meaning of ) her way up to the top. That must be recognized and praised. She had already gained her status long before marrying P. Rainier and the re-launching of Monaco was the result of, again, hard work, a work whose profits Charlotte enjoys and benefits today, for free. Charlotte hasn't proved her value yet. She lives through the work and the existence of her antcesters She is the daughter, the granddaughter... but she lacks an existence of her own, wich i admit it's very hard to conquer. It requires sacrifice, hard work and dedication... As for her drop dead gourgeousness, yes she's pretty, has a pleasant face to look at, but, still, she lacks passion, the emotional appeal that only the challenges of life gives. She's... a doll, a delicate porcelaine doll. She still has a looonnnggg way to gooooo!!!

I am not disputing your assertion that Charlotte comes off as a bit of a spoiled, self absorbed party girl who enjoys a status she has done nothing to work for, lazuli.

I just believe she has more claim to the admittedly increasingly irrelevant label of "aristocrat" than either of the Middleton girls, that's all.

Charlotte IS the daughter and granddaugher of princes, after all.

I'm ready for Pierre to do a real interview now. Apparently he's the only interesting Casiraghi because andrea and now Charlotte are boring me to tears. I mean, if she loterally has nothing new to say in the past, what, three months sinceher last interview, or more accurately in the past year since her first interview. I mean I love jer, she's gorgeous but it's getting boring. So hopefully Pierre will feel the pressure, start speaking up so it will get interesting around here. He strikes me as the no filter for his mouth type.

I don't know why Pierre hasn't given an interview. It's odd. He doesn't have any interesting to say?
Andrea's interview was a good one. I liked it. The only thing missing there was Tatiana. She didn't even participe in the interview, she was just there for the pics.

Charlotte interviews are quite empty. She doesn't have anything interesting to say. At least Andrea explained what he did at the ambassy, how it worked the events he organized. Charlotte only says what books she likes to read and that she loves horses.
Maybe it has to be with the interviewer, that don't ask anything more substantial. Or, maybe it's Charlotte herself that say before the interview "don't ask me that, ask me this".

I believe Andrea is highly underrated. And Pierre always get the nice view because he looks "hotter" and has a more better looking girlfriend.

I agree with you Nathalie. I will say this for Andrea, he is at least doing something with himself that's not completely self-gratifying. And also, Tatiana has grown on me over the years. But my hopes are showing. Pierre remains the only mysterious one now since he is the only Casiraghi yet to give an in depth interview (he was quoted when he took over JCEM? I think that's the name of it, when he spoke to the young entrepeneurs). Plus, as you said he's good-looking and so is his gf.

At the risk of getting off topic though, I do think Charlotte probably dictates what questions she can be asked. Her interviews REEK of canned, contrived-ness, if that makes any sense. It sounds so pre-planned. Moreover, remember the Vogue interview where the interviewer asked her about Alex and she very snottily replied, "Google him"? That was what made me first think she probably had some kind of pre-approved arrangement going on.

Now, I will say this: She has every right to her privacy, and I know there are certain things she just isn't willing to discuss. That's her perogative. But horses and books are dull. They're also not something everybody can relate to. I, personally, adore the written word, but not everybody has access to Balzac and renowned philosophy teachers, etc. So sometimes, if she is indeed promoting herself or trying to promote a good image for Monaco, you have to meet people where they are. Boyfriends are very relatable, especially since the majority of Vogue readers are gonna be hetereosexual females. I mean that's basically what celebs do when they promote films, they go on talk shows and they tell anecdotes that make them seem real and relatable. They don't empty out their secrets like they're at the psychiatrists, so there's a healthy balance. A little more of that would've been nice.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Last edited:
The Vogue pictures are beautiful! My favorite would be the running picture. It seems to be the most natural out of all the pictures.

I don't understand, why can't she do anything seriously in her life as "to be beautiful and rich girl"? She has the money, the reputation to do something for a better world. I think more people would adore her, recognize her. Her Aunt make something with AIDS, but there is so many other problems in this world, where she could help. Or maybe she isn't so intelligent and hasn't knowledge to make this? You can read what you want, but if you don't use your mind, you aren't credible.

^ I don't understand why DailyMail compares Catherine and Charlotte. They are two different young ladies, without any competition between them. A woman's life can't be limited to her beauty, it's a sad conception! Catherine is a married young woman who does her best to be accepted by a very strict family, Charlotte is a wealthy young woman who can do what she wants, and both of them are beautiful, in a different way. This article made think about a post, in this thread, saying that Charlotte wanted to show that she was more beautiful and intelligent that the Middleton girls: if Charlotte thought this, we will never know. But obviously, that's what a lot of people think! Maybe this Vogue editorial wasn't a very good idea, after all. Poor Charlotte: everywhere on the internet people admire her beauty but criticize the emptiness of her life. It seems that this editorial puts on the light on this side of her life, more than on her beauty. I don't know what was her aim, but it seemed that this operation of communication failed and that the girl is a bit ridiculized by what she said. I wish that one day we can read a deep interview of Charlotte, no necessarily about her private life, but more about her projects, some concrete things.
However, I was a bit surprised to read some of the comments after articles about Charlotte's Vogue contribution: Charlotte and Grimaldis are not so popular, after all.

People have said they hope to get a deep interview from Charlotte. Why does anyone think she has anything deep to say. It seems like she is a rich woman with famous family living the life she was born into. Perhaps that is all there is beauty and not a lot of substance.

Well to me Charlotte is beautiful but overrated. Why do people have so many high expectations from her?
She's a rich girl living her life, not a famous scientist .

I hope it is just the media that is trying to make Catherine and Charlotte into 'rivals'. Charlotte is, indeed, a very beautiful young woman. This great look comes down from her great-grandmother, Pss Charlotte, to her mother, Pss Caroline, and then on to her - they are all very similar in their beauty. However, she has no title, her education is, I believe, not as high as some media sources indicate, and when Albert and Charlene have children she will fall further down the protocol order in Monaco. She needs to involve herself in good works or marry someone of status to keep in the news.

Catherine is pretty, and very discrete - think of all those years when she stayed in the background and never put a foot wrong. She has a good degree at one of the top universities in the UK - all managed before she was anything other than a clever, middle-class girl. Now that she has married Prince William, she is in precedence the 3rd highest woman in the BRF (after the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall). This precedence will only increase after the deaths of the Queen and the Prince of Wales. She will have a very high profile for the rest of her life, and will take on more and more good works and represent the UK at home and abroad. She does not need Vogue photo-shoots to boost her position.

However, I wish both these young women well in their future lives and hope that fortune is good to them both personally.

Charlotte is such a beautiful girl but I dont get why she has to be presented in this awful trendy "heroin chic".

So, was there more to the interview...or just the part that was posted? I think she probably spoke about things Vogue readers are interested in--most of those articles are quite superficial: they focus on diet, clothes, material possessions, etc...

I think she's very smart, but I agree, she was born into this life and is very confident (maybe cocky). Someone like Kate was an outsider who did not have Charlotte's money, connections and status to guard her, therefore she had to be way more careful about how she presented herself. And in fact, Kate still seems to have anxiety about it.

I am not disputing your assertion that Charlotte comes off as a bit of a spoiled, self absorbed party girl who enjoys a status she has done nothing to work for, lazuli.

I just believe she has more claim to the admittedly increasingly irrelevant label of "aristocrat" than either of the Middleton girls, that's all.

Charlotte IS the daughter and granddaugher of princes, after all.

I don't know; I always thought there was something a bit sleazy about the Monaco royals. To describe any of them as aristocratic is something of a stretch, imo.

The Vogue cover reminds me of the time in their youth that Stephanie and Caroline made headlines too, but I imagine Charlotte will end the same way- multiple lovers and disintegrating marriages, and gradually fading into obscurity.

I don't understand, why can't she do anything seriously in her life as "to be beautiful and rich girl"? She has the money, the reputation to do something for a better world. I think more people would adore her, recognize her. Her Aunt make something with AIDS, but there is so many other problems in this world, where she could help. Or maybe she isn't so intelligent and hasn't knowledge to make this? You can read what you want, but if you don't use your mind, you aren't credible.

I don't think that's fair. She is doing something with her life. She is devoted to horse riding. It surely takes out a lot of her time.And she is 25. She has the right to party and have fun as much as she wants.

I always found it unfair and kind of hipocrital when "normal" (meaning non-rich or famous people) demand wealthy people to devote themselves to charitable activities. Maybe she gives money to charity maybe not. Who knows? Why do you asume she doesn't?

And about her time, well, its hers to spend the way she wants. How many of us writing here devote a 1% of our time (that would be a couple hours a week) to charity? I for one, do not, and most people I know don't do it either.
I certainly don't feel I have the moral right to ask of anyone to use her time in charities.

Well to me Charlotte is beautiful but overrated. Why do people have so many high expectations from her?
She's a rich girl living her life, not a famous scientist .

I don't think that people have such high expectations for her. I think that it's Charlotte herself who is creating those expectations. I seems as if she is the one who is not satisfied with leading a normal life (as normal as the life of such a wealthy girl can be) and whishes to do something more with it. I think that Lovelykate was right, and she is the one who doesn't want to be percieved as an empty rich girl and tries to focus the media atention on her intellectual and sport achievements. The problem is, she is only 25, and she has no cultural or sport achievements to talk about, and that's what makes her seem pretentious.

Last edited:
I don't think that people have such high expectations for her. I think that it's Charlotte herself who is creating those expectations. I seems as if she is the one who is not satisfied with leading a normal life (as normal as the life of such a wealthy girl can be) and whishes to do something more with it. I think that Lovelykate was right, and she is the one who doesn't want to be percieved as an empty rich girl and tries to focus the media atention on her intellectual and sport achievements. The problem is, she is only 25, and she has no cultural or sport achievements to talk about, and that's what makes her seem pretentious.

LovelyKate, I thing you are spot on! That may well be the reason behind the Vogue Editorial!!
Charlotte must care about what people think about her. The internet and the glossy magazines are often misinformed and talk of her asa party girl with an empty head who was never good at school, who doesn't study or work or does nothing in her life but vacationing.
She obviously doesn't want to be percieved like that, which is only fair, since she attends parties, of course, but she is intelligent, educated, responsible and passionated about her sport. Probably with this interview she wanted to show the world that she is pretty and rich, yes, but also a perfectionist, a hard worker, someone with a furnished head, who reads, studies and cares about art, publishing and of course is seriously devoted to a sport.
The big problem with this focus is that she tries too hard to look as someone intellectual and cultivated, and since she is after all, a 25 year old who has no achievements to speak of and didn't even get a university degree, she comes out as pretentious and cliché.
Same thing with her horses. She is devoted to horse riding and wants to show the world that she is serious and works hard, but she tries so hard to look serious that she doesn't want to admit that she is still only an amateur (she even talks about the amateur competitions she entered as a child and forgets to mention she is still riding amateur competitions, or when she put the blame of her problems with Tintero on the horse), and again the operation of comunication fails, and she doesn't come out as someone serious about horse riding but as someone who pretends to be more than she is.

Last edited:
There is nothing to steal from either as they are two different women living their lives. They'll probably see the article and think "What the heck?" it's just more garbage from the Daily Mail.

I don't know; I always thought there was something a bit sleazy about the Monaco royals. To describe any of them as aristocratic is something of a stretch, imo.

The Vogue cover reminds me of the time in their youth that Stephanie and Caroline made headlines too, but I imagine Charlotte will end the same way- multiple lovers and disintegrating marriages, and gradually fading into obscurity.

The term "aristocrat" in it's true, basic definition has nothing to do with someone's behavior or morals.

A person can be a Nazi sympathizer(the late Duke of Windsor) or an empty headed aesthete or sex addict(Marie Antoinette, Louis XV) and STILL be an aristocrat.

I am surprised at the number of people who apparently misunderstand that word.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi CrownPrincess...ICAM. I don't think these highly stylized, high fashion photos show Charlotte at her best.

She has that heroin chic/druggie look that I despise in actresses and models. :bang:

IMO, Charlotte is at her most stunning when she is riding her horses or relaxing with her family, particularly her younger sister Princess Alexandra who seems to adore her. :whistling:

Yes Lovely Kate...it would not hurt Charlotte to smile more often would it?

Catherine also has a GREAT pair of legs!

Charlotte on the other hand has a beautiful, toned figure. You don't have to go overboard to make her look beautiful. I think they went way too far with the vogue pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
The topic of this thread is Charlotte Casiraghi, not the Duchess of Cambridge.

Let's get back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom