The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Serene Highness

People have said they hope to get a deep interview from Charlotte. Why does anyone think she has anything deep to say. It seems like she is a rich woman with famous family living the life she was born into. Perhaps that is all there is beauty and not a lot of substance.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

Well to me Charlotte is beautiful but overrated. Why do people have so many high expectations from her?
She's a rich girl living her life, not a famous scientist .

Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Nobility

I hope it is just the media that is trying to make Catherine and Charlotte into 'rivals'. Charlotte is, indeed, a very beautiful young woman. This great look comes down from her great-grandmother, Pss Charlotte, to her mother, Pss Caroline, and then on to her - they are all very similar in their beauty. However, she has no title, her education is, I believe, not as high as some media sources indicate, and when Albert and Charlene have children she will fall further down the protocol order in Monaco. She needs to involve herself in good works or marry someone of status to keep in the news.

Catherine is pretty, and very discrete - think of all those years when she stayed in the background and never put a foot wrong. She has a good degree at one of the top universities in the UK - all managed before she was anything other than a clever, middle-class girl. Now that she has married Prince William, she is in precedence the 3rd highest woman in the BRF (after the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall). This precedence will only increase after the deaths of the Queen and the Prince of Wales. She will have a very high profile for the rest of her life, and will take on more and more good works and represent the UK at home and abroad. She does not need Vogue photo-shoots to boost her position.

However, I wish both these young women well in their future lives and hope that fortune is good to them both personally.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Charlotte is such a beautiful girl but I dont get why she has to be presented in this awful trendy "heroin chic".
Old 08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Courtier

So, was there more to the interview...or just the part that was posted? I think she probably spoke about things Vogue readers are interested in--most of those articles are quite superficial: they focus on diet, clothes, material possessions, etc...

I think she's very smart, but I agree, she was born into this life and is very confident (maybe cocky). Someone like Kate was an outsider who did not have Charlotte's money, connections and status to guard her, therefore she had to be way more careful about how she presented herself. And in fact, Kate still seems to have anxiety about it.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am not disputing your assertion that Charlotte comes off as a bit of a spoiled, self absorbed party girl who enjoys a status she has done nothing to work for, lazuli.

I just believe she has more claim to the admittedly increasingly irrelevant label of "aristocrat" than either of the Middleton girls, that's all.

Charlotte IS the daughter and granddaugher of princes, after all.

I don't know; I always thought there was something a bit sleazy about the Monaco royals. To describe any of them as aristocratic is something of a stretch, imo.

The Vogue cover reminds me of the time in their youth that Stephanie and Caroline made headlines too, but I imagine Charlotte will end the same way- multiple lovers and disintegrating marriages, and gradually fading into obscurity.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
I don't understand, why can't she do anything seriously in her life as "to be beautiful and rich girl"? She has the money, the reputation to do something for a better world. I think more people would adore her, recognize her. Her Aunt make something with AIDS, but there is so many other problems in this world, where she could help. Or maybe she isn't so intelligent and hasn't knowledge to make this? You can read what you want, but if you don't use your mind, you aren't credible.
I don't think that's fair. She is doing something with her life. She is devoted to horse riding. It surely takes out a lot of her time.And she is 25. She has the right to party and have fun as much as she wants.

I always found it unfair and kind of hipocrital when "normal" (meaning non-rich or famous people) demand wealthy people to devote themselves to charitable activities. Maybe she gives money to charity maybe not. Who knows? Why do you asume she doesn't?

And about her time, well, its hers to spend the way she wants. How many of us writing here devote a 1% of our time (that would be a couple hours a week) to charity? I for one, do not, and most people I know don't do it either.
I certainly don't feel I have the moral right to ask of anyone to use her time in charities.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
Well to me Charlotte is beautiful but overrated. Why do people have so many high expectations from her?
She's a rich girl living her life, not a famous scientist .
I don't think that people have such high expectations for her. I think that it's Charlotte herself who is creating those expectations. I seems as if she is the one who is not satisfied with leading a normal life (as normal as the life of such a wealthy girl can be) and whishes to do something more with it. I think that Lovelykate was right, and she is the one who doesn't want to be percieved as an empty rich girl and tries to focus the media atention on her intellectual and sport achievements. The problem is, she is only 25, and she has no cultural or sport achievements to talk about, and that's what makes her seem pretentious.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I don't think that people have such high expectations for her. I think that it's Charlotte herself who is creating those expectations. I seems as if she is the one who is not satisfied with leading a normal life (as normal as the life of such a wealthy girl can be) and whishes to do something more with it. I think that Lovelykate was right, and she is the one who doesn't want to be percieved as an empty rich girl and tries to focus the media atention on her intellectual and sport achievements. The problem is, she is only 25, and she has no cultural or sport achievements to talk about, and that's what makes her seem pretentious.
LovelyKate, I thing you are spot on! That may well be the reason behind the Vogue Editorial!!
Charlotte must care about what people think about her. The internet and the glossy magazines are often misinformed and talk of her asa party girl with an empty head who was never good at school, who doesn't study or work or does nothing in her life but vacationing.
She obviously doesn't want to be percieved like that, which is only fair, since she attends parties, of course, but she is intelligent, educated, responsible and passionated about her sport. Probably with this interview she wanted to show the world that she is pretty and rich, yes, but also a perfectionist, a hard worker, someone with a furnished head, who reads, studies and cares about art, publishing and of course is seriously devoted to a sport.
The big problem with this focus is that she tries too hard to look as someone intellectual and cultivated, and since she is after all, a 25 year old who has no achievements to speak of and didn't even get a university degree, she comes out as pretentious and cliché.
Same thing with her horses. She is devoted to horse riding and wants to show the world that she is serious and works hard, but she tries so hard to look serious that she doesn't want to admit that she is still only an amateur (she even talks about the amateur competitions she entered as a child and forgets to mention she is still riding amateur competitions, or when she put the blame of her problems with Tintero on the horse), and again the operation of comunication fails, and she doesn't come out as someone serious about horse riding but as someone who pretends to be more than she is.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Charlotte Casiraghi Vogue cover: Monaco Royal steals limelight from Kate Middleton | Mail Online

Charlotte has nothing to steal, she is stunning compared to Catherine.

And as I mentioned a few posts up, this may have been the whole point for the VOGUE shoot in the first place!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is nothing to steal from either as they are two different women living their lives. They'll probably see the article and think "What the heck?" it's just more garbage from the Daily Mail.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know; I always thought there was something a bit sleazy about the Monaco royals. To describe any of them as aristocratic is something of a stretch, imo.

The Vogue cover reminds me of the time in their youth that Stephanie and Caroline made headlines too, but I imagine Charlotte will end the same way- multiple lovers and disintegrating marriages, and gradually fading into obscurity.
The term "aristocrat" in it's true, basic definition has nothing to do with someone's behavior or morals.

A person can be a Nazi sympathizer(the late Duke of Windsor) or an empty headed aesthete or sex addict(Marie Antoinette, Louis XV) and STILL be an aristocrat.

I am surprised at the number of people who apparently misunderstand that word.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the vogue pictures were a bit weird. It had a dark and dreary feeling which didn't complement Charlotte's beauty. I usually like Testino's work but I feel like those pics could've been better. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
Charlotte Casiraghi Vogue cover: Monaco Royal steals limelight from Kate Middleton | Mail Online

I so agree:)
Old 08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Majesty

Hi CrownPrincess...ICAM. I don't think these highly stylized, high fashion photos show Charlotte at her best.

She has that heroin chic/druggie look that I despise in actresses and models.

IMO, Charlotte is at her most stunning when she is riding her horses or relaxing with her family, particularly her younger sister Princess Alexandra who seems to adore her.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Beauty is really subjective... Charlotte is a more classic beauty than Catherine, of course. But Catherine has something which Charlotte really misses: a radious smile, which makes her look very attractive.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Yes Lovely Kate...it would not hurt Charlotte to smile more often would it?

Catherine also has a GREAT pair of legs!
Old 08-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte on the other hand has a beautiful, toned figure. You don't have to go overboard to make her look beautiful. I think they went way too far with the vogue pics.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yes Lovely Kate...it would not hurt Charlotte to smile more often would it?
It seems that it would, according to most of her pics!
Old 08-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Administrator

The topic of this thread is Charlotte Casiraghi, not the Duchess of Cambridge.

Let's get back on topic.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Royal Highness

Charlotte on this week's Paris Match magazine cover

http://www.relay.com/Publications/Fi...615E9DB05882C5

Offres exceptionnelles : téléchargez en PDF ou abonnez-vous au magazine Paris Match sur le site ParisMatch.com ! - ParisMatch.com

There's also an article...

Charlotte de Monaco Génération glamour - people-match - ParisMatch.com

Closed Thread