The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

TrepStep, did the exam results just show pass/fail or how close or far off she was from passing? I agree with you ( we are agreeing way too much lately) about her Tintero remarks. If she is blaming Tintero for not doing well lately I believe it is due to her riding ability, not the horse. Thierry has got really excellent results with Tintero this year. He vaulted to 600 something in the Rolex rankings in one month from riding Tintero. It disappoints me to hear her say that. I disagree with you ( ah, back to normal) about the magazine interviews. She is being asked to do them by Prince Albert and is also trying to promote show jumping. When Queen Elizabeth and Prince Harry came to New York last year it was to promote England. They would never admit that, though. Royalty doesn't sell. It's soft sell advertising.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

My fav pic of this whole editorial is the one LovelyKate says she looks like Stephanie.
And about the other things being discussed: i really don't understand Charlotte. She says she wants to be a private person, she gives this interview (which is almost a cabon copy of the other ones) and this huge editorial pics...
I don't know what to think about her anymore...

The only opinion it hasn't changed is that she is a stunning beauty.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
TrepStep, did the exam results just show pass/fail or how close or far off she was from passing? I agree with you ( we are agreeing way too much lately) about her Tintero remarks. If she is blaming Tintero for not doing well lately I believe it is due to her riding ability, not the horse. Thierry has got really excellent results with Tintero this year. He vaulted to 600 something in the Rolex rankings in one month from riding Tintero. It disappoints me to hear her say that. I disagree with you ( ah, back to normal) about the magazine interviews. She is being asked to do them by Prince Albert and is also trying to promote show jumping. When Queen Elizabeth and Prince Harry came to New York last year it was to promote England. They would never admit that, though. Royalty doesn't sell. It's soft sell advertising.
I've read that Princess Caroline, in some interviews, also blamed others for her mistakes. A family trait, maybe?

I'm curious: how do you know Prince Albert asked her?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Courtier

I'm ready for Pierre to do a real interview now. Apparently he's the only interesting Casiraghi because andrea and now Charlotte are boring me to tears. I mean, if she loterally has nothing new to say in the past, what, three months sinceher last interview, or more accurately in the past year since her first interview. I mean I love jer, she's gorgeous but it's getting boring. So hopefully Pierre will feel the pressure, start speaking up so it will get interesting around here. He strikes me as the no filter for his mouth type.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyromanov View Post
There are people who buy that kind of pictures to do a reportage o something like that, in this page you can see one Ät å var glad… | Bakom Kulisserna

Sooo rude. It's why many people dislike the paparrazzi and it's why they have such an unsavory reputation.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Courtier

^ I agree about the whole no filter thing Kells. I would LOVE to hear from Pierre!

Would someone be willing to translate the Vogue Paris article for me? I tried google translate, but it didn't really translate it correctly. I would love to know exactly what Charlotte said, so I could follow all the stuff being discussed in this thread! Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
She is being asked to do them by Prince Albert and is also trying to promote show jumping. When Queen Elizabeth and Prince Harry came to New York last year it was to promote England. They would never admit that, though. Royalty doesn't sell. It's soft sell advertising.
Magazine interviews are done months prior to being published. There seems to be a coordination with the wedding, publish date of Vogue and the Vanity Fair best dressed list. A concerted effort to present the Monaco family and those associated with the Grimaldis as chic and glamorous.

Vanity Fair best dressed: Andrea Dellal, mother of Alex Dellal. Alejandro Santo Domingo, half-brother of Tatiana Santo Domingo. Countess Matilde Bororomeo, half sister to Beatrice Borromeo and Princess Charlene.

That is what the PR department is supposed to do, try to shape and control the Grimaldi image. This magazine article is nice and could be part of the PR at the palace.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I disagree with you ( ah, back to normal) about the magazine interviews.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
In Caroline case I think that it was in fact a narcissistic exercise. she did those interviews when she was very young. she loved the public attention and showing off as the beautiful princess. Those famous pics by Lagerfeld with her husband and the 3 kids are an example. She put her 3 children in the spotlight willinglinly showing them off. Later she learned her lesson, discovered she had made a mistake and started trying to protect them from the press. But it was too late, and the press alreadly loved and wanted them.

Charlene cse is different. She is doing an exercise of public relations. Her interviews are without interest but she is the prince consort, she has a public role to play, people had to have a chance to know her and well they are so many suspictions about her marriage that they need this kind of bland public statements.
Same think with Mary and Frederik. They are going to be king and queen of denmark. even if they don't like doing interviews they do it because their people want to know them.

Charlotte pretends to love her privacy to the point of being needlessly rude to the jopurnalist who asked her how was the show at Stella Mcartney, but it would seem that she loves a little to much the attention...

Of course Charlotte has every right to do it. It is very tempting to to an editorial with a famous photographer. And she is beautiful. But she is no public person. There is no people who need to know her. She doesn't even mention Monaco.
It seems as if she does it only to feed her ego, show everybody how pretty she is and how many books she has read. It's no crime, and she has the right to do it. But it still seems pointless and narcissistic to give an interview to talk about your high school achievements and the many books you've read.

In the case of Caroline, are you referring to the photos where she and Stefano are in the kitchen with the children on the floor all around? Caroline has torn jeans on? Then later she and Stefano appear in formal wear and Caroline is wearing a beautiful ball gown and tiara?

Those photos were were silly, imo. I simply could never understand why she was doing that particular photo shoot...but I think you have nailed it.

She was young and beautiful and had a beautiful family and wanted to show off.

As for Charlotte? Who knows. Maybe she has seen all the publicity being given to the Duchess of Cambridge and her over-rated sister, and wants to show the world what a REAL European aristocratic beauty looks like.

"Look at me, look at me! I am prettier than the Middleton girls, and I didn't have to marry anyone either!"
Old 08-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
In the case of Caroline, are you referring to the photos where she and Stefano are in the kitchen with the children on the floor all around? Caroline has torn jeans on? Then later she and Stefano appear in formal wear and Caroline is wearing a beautiful ball gown and tiara?

Those photos were were silly, imo. I simply could never understand why she was doing that particular photo shoot...but I think you have nailed it.

She was young and beautiful and had a beautiful family and wanted to show off.

As for Charlotte? Who knows. Maybe she has seen all the publicity being given to the Duchess of Cambridge and her over-rated sister, and wants to show the world what a REAL European aristocratic beauty looks like.

"Look at me, look at me! I am prettier than the Middleton girls, and I didn't have to marry anyone either!"
Those photos were shot by Karl Lagerfeld and were meant to be a present from the designer to her friend the Princess on the ground of her fifht wedding anniversery. As for Charlotte, think: the girl has no real or serious responsabilities in her life. She has nothing new to say whenever she's interviewed. Appearing on Vogue is just a way to draw attentions to her, since she has nothing else to account for her. It's just a way to please her ego, a simple matter of vanity.
She is a pretty young woman. I agree. She has a nice looking face, beautiful eyes, a sweet funny little nose, a classical profile. But she's pretty in a dollish way. She has a doll face, an ethereal, distant prettiness, not the down to earth, mature beauty, for instance, her mother had when she was 25. She's pretty, not beautiful, in the full sense of the word. As for her aristocratic background, when we come to think of it she's as aristocratic as Kate Middleton ( or her future children ); her maternal grandmother was a commoner, her greatgrandmother was the daughter of a waitress and her own father was a simple businessman without a drop of royal blood. So pretend to be a « REAL European aristocratic beauty » seems a bit pretensious, don't you think?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
In Caroline case I think that it was in fact a narcissistic exercise. she did those interviews when she was very young. she loved the public attention and showing off as the beautiful princess. Those famous pics by Lagerfeld with her husband and the 3 kids are an example. She put her 3 children in the spotlight willinglinly showing them off. Later she learned her lesson, discovered she had made a mistake and started trying to protect them from the press. But it was too late, and the press alreadly loved and wanted them.

Charlene cse is different. She is doing an exercise of public relations. Her interviews are without interest but she is the prince consort, she has a public role to play, people had to have a chance to know her and well they are so many suspictions about her marriage that they need this kind of bland public statements.
Same think with Mary and Frederik. They are going to be king and queen of denmark. even if they don't like doing interviews they do it because their people want to know them.

Charlotte pretends to love her privacy to the point of being needlessly rude to the jopurnalist who asked her how was the show at Stella Mcartney, but it would seem that she loves a little to much the attention...

Of course Charlotte has every right to do it. It is very tempting to to an editorial with a famous photographer. And she is beautiful. But she is no public person. There is no people who need to know her. She doesn't even mention Monaco.
It seems as if she does it only to feed her ego, show everybody how pretty she is and how many books she has read. It's no crime, and she has the right to do it. But it still seems pointless and narcissistic to give an interview to talk about your high school achievements and the many books you've read.

Well, no. CW started with the media game much before being Albert´s wife. Her only purpose was to sell herself as the prince´s girlfriend and show off the expensive clothes she was not paying for. She was not selling Monaco. That is narcissism too!
Mary and Fred did an unnecessary showing off of wealth in the middle o an international cirsis. They don´t need to do such an exhibition for their people to know them. That is narcissism.
But as you seem to not like Charlotte at all, she is the narcissistic one for you. I respect everyone opinions here, but you have to admit you only see faults in her lately.
Why can she not just show her gorgeous face, her favourite designer´s gowns, and talk about her hobbies? There is not a good reason not to do it, and not a good reason to criticize her so much. What else would you have asked her? After all, we are commenting on this. If she´s distant she´s snob. If she becomes more approachable and talks to the press, she´s self-centered. We are never satisfied.

Besides, Monaco is so much lacking a figure with glamour to show off!!! I´m happy she´s decided to continue the family tradition.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Those photos were shot by Karl Lagerfeld and were meant to be a present from the designer to her friend the Princess on the ground of her fifht wedding anniversery. As for Charlotte, think: the girl has no real or serious responsabilities in her life. She has nothing new to say whenever she's interviewed. Appearing on Vogue is just a way to draw attentions to her, since she has nothing else to account for her. It's just a way to please her ego, a simple matter of vanity.
She is a pretty young woman. I agree. She has a nice looking face, beautiful eyes, a sweet funny little nose, a classical profile. But she's pretty in a dollish way. She has a doll face, an ethereal, distant prettiness, not the down to earth, mature beauty, for instance, her mother had when she was 25. She's pretty, not beautiful, in the full sense of the word. As for her aristocratic background, when we come to think of it she's as aristocratic as Kate Middleton ( or her future children ); her maternal grandmother was a commoner, her greatgrandmother was the daughter of a waitress and her own father was a simple businessman without a drop of royal blood. So pretend to be a « REAL European aristocratic beauty » seems a bit pretensious, don't you think?
No, I am sorry I have to disagree. Kate Middleton is not the daughter of a beautiful princess, nor is she the granddaughter of a legendary actress and a Heredity Prince...who is also a legend.

Grace might have been born a commoner, but make no mistake. She was known around the world by the time she married Rainier and re-launced Monaco after 1956. She was an Oscar winner as well.

Kate Middleton is the daughter of obscure working class people who became wealthy and put her through elite schools hoping that by doing so she would meet the "right" sort of people. If she had not met and married William I don't think people would be Googling the Middletons to find out who they are...they simply wouldn't care.

The rags(mostly British)referring to Pippa as "Her Royal Hotness" is about as "pretentious" as it gets.

As for looks? It's all a matter of opinion of course. But my own opinion is that Catherine and her sister are nowhere in Charlotte's league in the looks department. The Middleton girls are pretty.

Charlotte Casiraghi is drop dead gorgeous gorgeous, a world class beauty in my opinion.

ETA: I completely agree that the VOGUE shoot is purely a vanity exercise for Charlotte!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
No, I am sorry I have to disagree. Kate Middleton is not the daughter of a beautiful princess, nor is she the granddaughter of a legendary actress and a Heredity Prince...who is also a legend.

Grace might have been born a commoner, but make no mistake. She was known around the world by the time she married Rainier and re-launced Monaco after 1956. She was an Oscar winner as well.

Kate Middleton is the daughter of obscure working class people who became wealthy and put her through elite schools hoping that by doing so she would meet the "right" sort of people. If she had not met and married William I don't think people would be Googling the Middletons to find out who they are...they simply wouldn't care.

The rags(mostly British)referring to Pippa as "Her Royal Hotness" is about as "pretentious" as it gets.

As for looks? It's all a matter of opinion of course. But my own opinion is that Catherine and her sister are nowhere in Charlotte's league in the looks department. The Middleton girls are pretty.

Charlotte Casiraghi is drop dead gorgeous gorgeous, a world class beauty in my opinion.

ETA: I completely agree that the VOGUE shoot is purely a vanity exercise for Charlotte!

Well Moonmaiden it's your opinion of course, and i respect it. But let's face it, the legendary actress descend from an obscure family of irish emigrants. Her parents gave her the best possible education, as Kate middleton's did or any another parent in the world would do for their children. Of course she worked ( and the key word here is work, hard work, wich is something Charlotte totally ignores the meaning of ) her way up to the top. That must be recognized and praised. She had already gained her status long before marrying P. Rainier and the re-launching of Monaco was the result of, again, hard work, a work whose profits Charlotte enjoys and benefits today, for free. Charlotte hasn't proved her value yet. She lives through the work and the existence of her antcesters She is the daughter, the granddaughter... but she lacks an existence of her own, wich i admit it's very hard to conquer. It requires sacrifice, hard work and dedication... As for her drop dead gourgeousness, yes she's pretty, has a pleasant face to look at, but, still, she lacks passion, the emotional appeal that only the challenges of life gives. She's... a doll, a delicate porcelaine doll. She still has a looonnnggg way to gooooo!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Majesty

I am not disputing your assertion that Charlotte comes off as a bit of a spoiled, self absorbed party girl who enjoys a status she has done nothing to work for, lazuli.

I just believe she has more claim to the admittedly increasingly irrelevant label of "aristocrat" than either of the Middleton girls, that's all.

Charlotte IS the daughter and granddaugher of princes, after all.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
I'm ready for Pierre to do a real interview now. Apparently he's the only interesting Casiraghi because andrea and now Charlotte are boring me to tears. I mean, if she loterally has nothing new to say in the past, what, three months sinceher last interview, or more accurately in the past year since her first interview. I mean I love jer, she's gorgeous but it's getting boring. So hopefully Pierre will feel the pressure, start speaking up so it will get interesting around here. He strikes me as the no filter for his mouth type.
I don't know why Pierre hasn't given an interview. It's odd. He doesn't have any interesting to say?
Andrea's interview was a good one. I liked it. The only thing missing there was Tatiana. She didn't even participe in the interview, she was just there for the pics.

Charlotte interviews are quite empty. She doesn't have anything interesting to say. At least Andrea explained what he did at the ambassy, how it worked the events he organized. Charlotte only says what books she likes to read and that she loves horses.
Maybe it has to be with the interviewer, that don't ask anything more substantial. Or, maybe it's Charlotte herself that say before the interview "don't ask me that, ask me this".

I believe Andrea is highly underrated. And Pierre always get the nice view because he looks "hotter" and has a more better looking girlfriend.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Courtier

I agree with you Nathalie. I will say this for Andrea, he is at least doing something with himself that's not completely self-gratifying. And also, Tatiana has grown on me over the years. But my hopes are showing. Pierre remains the only mysterious one now since he is the only Casiraghi yet to give an in depth interview (he was quoted when he took over JCEM? I think that's the name of it, when he spoke to the young entrepeneurs). Plus, as you said he's good-looking and so is his gf.

At the risk of getting off topic though, I do think Charlotte probably dictates what questions she can be asked. Her interviews REEK of canned, contrived-ness, if that makes any sense. It sounds so pre-planned. Moreover, remember the Vogue interview where the interviewer asked her about Alex and she very snottily replied, "Google him"? That was what made me first think she probably had some kind of pre-approved arrangement going on.

Now, I will say this: She has every right to her privacy, and I know there are certain things she just isn't willing to discuss. That's her perogative. But horses and books are dull. They're also not something everybody can relate to. I, personally, adore the written word, but not everybody has access to Balzac and renowned philosophy teachers, etc. So sometimes, if she is indeed promoting herself or trying to promote a good image for Monaco, you have to meet people where they are. Boyfriends are very relatable, especially since the majority of Vogue readers are gonna be hetereosexual females. I mean that's basically what celebs do when they promote films, they go on talk shows and they tell anecdotes that make them seem real and relatable. They don't empty out their secrets like they're at the psychiatrists, so there's a healthy balance. A little more of that would've been nice.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Vogue pictures are beautiful! My favorite would be the running picture. It seems to be the most natural out of all the pictures.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

I don't understand, why can't she do anything seriously in her life as "to be beautiful and rich girl"? She has the money, the reputation to do something for a better world. I think more people would adore her, recognize her. Her Aunt make something with AIDS, but there is so many other problems in this world, where she could help. Or maybe she isn't so intelligent and hasn't knowledge to make this? You can read what you want, but if you don't use your mind, you aren't credible.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Charlotte Casiraghi Vogue cover: Monaco Royal steals limelight from Kate Middleton | Mail Online

Charlotte has nothing to steal, she is stunning compared to Catherine.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Courtier

^ I don't understand why DailyMail compares Catherine and Charlotte. They are two different young ladies, without any competition between them. A woman's life can't be limited to her beauty, it's a sad conception! Catherine is a married young woman who does her best to be accepted by a very strict family, Charlotte is a wealthy young woman who can do what she wants, and both of them are beautiful, in a different way. This article made think about a post, in this thread, saying that Charlotte wanted to show that she was more beautiful and intelligent that the Middleton girls: if Charlotte thought this, we will never know. But obviously, that's what a lot of people think! Maybe this Vogue editorial wasn't a very good idea, after all. Poor Charlotte: everywhere on the internet people admire her beauty but criticize the emptiness of her life. It seems that this editorial puts on the light on this side of her life, more than on her beauty. I don't know what was her aim, but it seemed that this operation of communication failed and that the girl is a bit ridiculized by what she said. I wish that one day we can read a deep interview of Charlotte, no necessarily about her private life, but more about her projects, some concrete things.
However, I was a bit surprised to read some of the comments after articles about Charlotte's Vogue contribution: Charlotte and Grimaldis are not so popular, after all.

Closed Thread