The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 752
Lovely pictures. If I'm not mistaken the photographer was Mario Testino who usually takes very nice pictures. I do agree that I would like to see her smile more often, realizing however that that is not common in fashion photography, but it would be nice otherwise.
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,310
Which Vogue? American, French, English? Remember, she is not a professional model. Her best pictures are usually candids.
__________________

__________________
  #63  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:44 PM
koko's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Udalerri, Spain
Posts: 132
Radker18: thank you for the Vogue pictures!

I like very much some pictures. She looks so beautiful and natural!

In fact, they were taken by Mario Testino.
__________________
  #64  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:02 PM
sugarbaby318's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 581
It's Vogue Paris. And yes Testino took the pictures, therefore they look very Testino...he's not my favorite, but like I said Char looks beautiful.
__________________
  #65  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:02 PM
RADKER18's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Over a Rainbow, United States
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
Which Vogue? American, French, English? Remember, she is not a professional model. Her best pictures are usually candids.
French vogue
__________________
  #66  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 554
The pictures are gorgeous! Although she's not a model so I'm cutting her a bit of slack, she does look a little uncomfortable and awkward in some of them. Also, the article isn't really that bad either...however, I do wish she'd talk about something other than the books she reads and horses. I get that she's passionate about that stuff but it's getting repetitive. I respect her right to privacy and everything, but still.
__________________
  #67  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
She looks gorgeous!
Like a model, really. Some poses are awkward, but that face compensates anything.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #68  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,156
Breathtaking!
And she looks soo much like her mum at same age!
__________________
  #69  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
sally1234's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
Vogue September 2011 All Pics

Fast, Free Image Hosting - ImageBam
Thanks alot
I wanna read the whole interview
__________________
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  #70  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
What a surprise!
I don't like Testino very much but he is a close relationship to charlotte and it's only natural that she choose him,
We should certainly cut her some slack. She is not a profesional model, and in some pics she looks unconfortable but in many of them she looks relaxed and gorgeous. I love the first one in black and white.

Nevertheless I don't really understand why she has done it. It's not a contract obligation with Gucci, like the 1st interview. It seems something like a narcissistic exercise. She has nothing new to talk about: the same childish enumeration of the many books she's read, trying to sound deep and intelectual (at least she admits that she abandoned her studies mid way) and the same praising of Tintero (who, by her words, is doing badly only because of his character, funny how she hides that the horse does well when she is not the rider).

Don't misunderstand me. I'm glad she's done it and we have the pics, but I don't get her motivations. She's not an actress or a singer who need the promotion, she is not under contract obligation, she is not even promoting Monaco, she has not achievement to talk about. It reads like a "me, me, me, i'm so pretty, and cultivated and intelligent, and I've read so many books, and I work so hard, and I have so many horses, and I want the whole world to know how wonderful I am even if I have nothing to talk about"
I hope there is something more in the rest of the interview because otherwise the contents is really desapointing.
__________________
  #71  
Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
I get your point trepstep, but what did others have to say so interesting? Caroline gave several interviews and posed for photographers. In that case was she really promoting Monaco? Or was it also a narcissistic exercise? Miss Witstock gave interviews in which she repeated how delighted she was that she was to become a princess (...) Mary and Frederick did the same not long ago, showing off their redesigned palace. So, why looking for a reason to do this. It must be nice to see beautiful pictures of you in a magazine, and honestly I don´t think there is any other reason, even for an actor or anyone with artistic talent to pose like this. Why cannot Charlotte do it? She is famous, although not for her own merit. We are commenting on how good she looks after all.
__________________
  #72  
Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beach House, Malaysia
Posts: 429
i understand your point too, trepstep. Honestly, I kinda felt the same way. I truly love charlotte who stayed away from the public eye as much as she can, and did not seek it out. It seems that now, with those Vogue pictures, she's actively seeking limelight, and I do not sure I like the transformation. I love her being more mysterious..

Anyway, those pictures are truly gorgeous. I have always think that charlotte is a stunning young lady, but with these pictures, it just surpassed my imagination. She is truly a beauty.
__________________
At least I can be rich in my mind, after all that's where the real wealth resides.
  #73  
Old 08-15-2011, 02:01 AM
mtatum's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sherman Oaks, United States
Posts: 218
I agree with Rosana here. After all, at 25, Charlotte does not have many years left where fashion editors will find her fresh or groundbreaking enough to feature on their magazine cover. Besides, with so many publications using her and her family to sell magazines without their permission, she might as well take control. And what better magazine to strut your stuff than that fashion bible that is Vogue, and to work with the most esteemed fashion directors, editors, and designers? Much better than seeing an unflattering paparazzi shot of yourself on the cover.

I honestly wish she would be on the US edition too
__________________
  #74  
Old 08-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Charlotte has the kind of beauty which will last for some decades.
She may well be tired of being on magazine covers.
__________________
  #75  
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
In Caroline case I think that it was in fact a narcissistic exercise. she did those interviews when she was very young. she loved the public attention and showing off as the beautiful princess. Those famous pics by Lagerfeld with her husband and the 3 kids are an example. She put her 3 children in the spotlight willinglinly showing them off. Later she learned her lesson, discovered she had made a mistake and started trying to protect them from the press. But it was too late, and the press alreadly loved and wanted them.

Charlene cse is different. She is doing an exercise of public relations. Her interviews are without interest but she is the prince consort, she has a public role to play, people had to have a chance to know her and well they are so many suspictions about her marriage that they need this kind of bland public statements.
Same think with Mary and Frederik. They are going to be king and queen of denmark. even if they don't like doing interviews they do it because their people want to know them.

Charlotte pretends to love her privacy to the point of being needlessly rude to the jopurnalist who asked her how was the show at Stella Mcartney, but it would seem that she loves a little to much the attention...

Of course Charlotte has every right to do it. It is very tempting to to an editorial with a famous photographer. And she is beautiful. But she is no public person. There is no people who need to know her. She doesn't even mention Monaco.
It seems as if she does it only to feed her ego, show everybody how pretty she is and how many books she has read. It's no crime, and she has the right to do it. But it still seems pointless and narcissistic to give an interview to talk about your high school achievements and the many books you've read.
__________________
  #76  
Old 08-15-2011, 04:41 AM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
What a surprise!
I don't like Testino very much but he is a close relationship to charlotte and it's only natural that she choose him,
We should certainly cut her some slack. She is not a profesional model, and in some pics she looks unconfortable but in many of them she looks relaxed and gorgeous. I love the first one in black and white.

Nevertheless I don't really understand why she has done it. It's not a contract obligation with Gucci, like the 1st interview. It seems something like a narcissistic exercise. She has nothing new to talk about: the same childish enumeration of the many books she's read, trying to sound deep and intelectual (at least she admits that she abandoned her studies mid way) and the same praising of Tintero (who, by her words, is doing badly only because of his character, funny how she hides that the horse does well when she is not the rider).

Don't misunderstand me. I'm glad she's done it and we have the pics, but I don't get her motivations. She's not an actress or a singer who need the promotion, she is not under contract obligation, she is not even promoting Monaco, she has not achievement to talk about. It reads like a "me, me, me, i'm so pretty, and cultivated and intelligent, and I've read so many books, and I work so hard, and I have so many horses, and I want the whole world to know how wonderful I am even if I have nothing to talk about"
I hope there is something more in the rest of the interview because otherwise the contents is really desapointing.
As usual Trepstep, you perfectly express my thoughts!!
I appreciate a lot these pics for Vogue because Charlotte is a perfect beauty which is always a pleasure to look at. Even if, according to me, stylist and make-up artist's choices could have been better, but it's a style exercise, and an occasion to see Charlotte in very different outfits.
As the interview is concerned, I was very surprised to learn that Charlotte gave up prepa. It means that she stopped her studies (and never tried to enter ENS because she gave up prepa: so who said to medias that she failed in it???), and I can't believe medias now when they say that she has a philosophy licence. French system is very strict: after the 2 years of prepa, students are allowed to enter universities, directly in the third year of licence. Charlotte didn't finish prepa, so she couldn't have been allowed to finish her licence. And imagine my reaction when she talks about philosophy agregation: agregation is one of the most difficult exam in France, you need to have bac +5 to pass it. Charlotte is bac + 0, her sentence sounds a bit pretentious to me. As her list of books/authors do too, which is a list of clichés: she quotes the most intellectual writers, it's not natural at all, as if she learned this list and repeated it in each interview, to show how clever she is. That's why I totally agree with Trepstep: this interview is an auto-promotion to show everybody that she's beautiful and clever, but I don't really suscribe to this image she wants to show. I'm totally convinced that she's clever, but she wants to show it too much. And I'm also convinced that she's beautiful, I just have to look at her to see it.
Maybe, if journalists have had asked her better questions, Charlotte wouldn't have repeated her same answers. I wish that one day she could be interviewed by a better journalist, who would lead her to answer in a deeper way: she deserves it.

And to conclude this looong post: I really love this pic, Charlotte is very natural, with very little make up. Don't you think that on this pic she looks like Caroline? And like Stephanie in this one? While looking at this photoshoot, I was striked by Charlotte's similarity with her aunt. I never noticed it, but now it seems obvious to me.
__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
  #77  
Old 08-15-2011, 08:46 AM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
It appears that Charlotte has only recently become comfortable with the spotlight...starting with that first interview she did where her uncle sat by her side and then slowly doing more and more. She was perhaps advised to start making herself more visible, so she can take a more active role in Monaco and the equestrian world. She's a natural Vogue girl, nonetheless--representing everything they want readers to aspire to. I'm also sure that she is aware that there is a heavy mystique around her and the demand was high to hear her thoughts in print and her actual speaking voice.
__________________
  #78  
Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
As the interview is concerned, I was very surprised to learn that Charlotte gave up prepa. It means that she stopped her studies (and never tried to enter ENS because she gave up prepa: so who said to medias that she failed in it???), and I can't believe medias now when they say that she has a philosophy licence. French system is very strict: after the 2 years of prepa, students are allowed to enter universities, directly in the third year of licence. Charlotte didn't finish prepa, so she couldn't have been allowed to finish her licence. .
I read that sentence with surprise aswell, but I believe that the vogue journalist made a HUGE transcription mistake.
We know for certain that Charlotte did finish her prepa at Fénelon and took the ENS examination because her name was in the public lists of the ENS in 2006. Someone posted a link to the ENS web site with the exam results, and I cleary remember reading it.
So, she finished prepa, she took the ENS entrance exam and she failed (which isn't so terrible since the ENS exams are really difficult but it doesn't make her the intellectual wonder the press wants to sell either).
After the failed exam she probably started a philosophy licence the next year and it is probably then when she dropped her studies, who knows the reasons, probably a mixture between desapointment after the ENS failure (since she says herself that she is such a perfectionists and puts so much pressure on herself), the distraction of a new long distance boyfriend, and the shock of having to find her way inside the impersonal Sorbonne system after the coziness and the teachers personal attention of her Fonteinebleau school and her prepa class.
__________________
  #79  
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
agogo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: côte d'océan Pacifique, United States
Posts: 717
No doubt various magazines have repeatedly asked Caroline, Stephanie, Charlotte and Charlene to do fashion spreads in magazines. Caroline has been on the cover of Paris Vogue about four times, Stephanie has been on their cover at least twice. Perhaps Charlotte has received so many requests over the years to be on the cover of Paris Vogue, she just finally said yes. Perhaps what motivates is just simply giving into years of requests and agreeing to do a fashion spread. There is some control over her own image, maybe choosing the photographer and couture. She is a private citizen of Monaco that has been placed upon some kind of a pedestal because of her lineage and her looks but I do see this fashion magazine cover as a positive reflection on Monaco. That is what Monaco is, glamour, fashion, living well, looking beautiful etc.....

Just a question here, what is a a philosophy licence in France? What does one do with it? Teach?
  #80  
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I read that sentence with surprise aswell, but I believe that the vogue journalist made a HUGE transcription mistake.We know for certain that Charlotte did finish her prepa and took the ENS examination because her name was in the public lists of the ENS in 2006. She finished prepa she took the exam and she failed (which isn't so terrible since the ENS exams are really difficult but don't make her an intellectual wonder either), we know because someone posted a link to the ENS web site with the exam results.
After the failed exam she probably started a philosophy licence the next year and it is then when she dropped her studies, who knows the reasons, probably a mixture between desapointment after the ENS failure, (since she says herself that she is such a perfectionists and puts so much pressure on herself), new long distance boyfriend, and the shock of having to find her way inside the impersonal Sorbonne system after the coziness and teachers personal attention of her Fonteinebleau school and her prepa class.
All this part of this interview is a big mistake (is there anybody in Vogue who could verify articles before public edition?) because they say that Charlotte had a licence which made her enter prepa. It's totally wrong, you first go to prepa, and then you finish your licence. I can't understand such a mistake in Vogue PARIS, written by french journalists, who have been to french universities!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Just a question here, what is a a philosophy licence in France? What does one do with it? Teach?
Unfortunately, you can't do many things with a philosophy licence. You have to study a few years more, to have a master. Then, as philosophy is very prestigious, you can teach, after AGREGATION (a very difficult exam). And if you are very very clever, or if you have a well-known family (or both of it) you are invited to TV shows where you explain your vision about the world. You can write article, too. It's a very elitist cursus, according to me!
__________________

__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warm moments between royals - part 2 LadyLeana Royal Life and Lifestyle 2351 Yesterday 08:56 AM
Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident; February 17, 2012 An Ard Ri Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family 1489 07-24-2013 08:58 PM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 700 04-01-2013 05:31 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012 Marengo Current Events Archive 843 06-13-2012 04:55 AM
It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary; February 23, 2012 dazzling Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 1325 04-20-2012 08:30 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess eleonore princess elisabeth princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]