The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

Very stupid! It sounds like he´s dazzled, facinated with the idea of his friend dating "a princess" and with her social position. Very bad taste! Someone tell him Charlotte is not a princess.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Very stupid! It sounds like he´s dazzled, facinated with the idea of his friend dating "a princess" and with her social position. Very bad taste! Someone tell him Charlotte is not a princess.
He's not that kind of guy. I don't like him, or espacially what he does (I don't share his sense of humour) but I really think that he wrote this as a joke, to make people talk. It's a provocation - I agree that's not very clever! But I would be VERY surprised to hear one day that he admires princes and princesses. Impossible.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a stupid provocation because it does not concern HIS life. Anyway.,
By the way Charlotte has really disappeared the last days!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

I know! Looking forward to hearing more about her thing with Gad!!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Stupid pics without interest. I wonder how papz do to have such pics. Do they kmow where she leaves and they walk around in order to catch her? The probability to find her by coincidence is extremely little. Paris is very huge.
In any case i understand why she is bothered
They follow the biggest celebs, wait outside their residences. She was photographed, it said, leaving Gad's apartment. Even if they were waiting out there for gad, he probably lives in the same block as some big celebs for whom they might have been waiting, and they saw charlotte, and were like, oh there's our luck!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

When Charlotte filed criminal stalking charges, the paps finally got the message.

I think people call in and tip them off. eg. airport employees, waiters. They probably get paid for the tips. Once they know something is going onthat might make them alot of money, the paps start stalking the celebrities. Photogs can make a million dollars on the right picture. I'm sure the first pic of Charlotte and Gad together will pay well.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Stupid post. If i was Gad or Charlotte i would be VERY angry. Especially if he is really a friend of Gad.
Anyway! IMO Jamel is a very vulgar person and this behavior does not surprise me.
It is not a stupid quote, it is a joke. You don't know Jamel Debouzze, so you can't possibly understand. There is no reason why Charlotte or Gad shouldfeel angry about this and I am sure they are not. Actually I am pretty sure Charlotte is a big fan of Jamel Debouzze. If she likes Gad's sense of humour, then she must be.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavyan View Post
You don't know Jamel Debouzze, so you can't possibly understand. .

I know him and i do not like him, but this is my personnal opinion.

As as far as this relation (if it exists) is not confirmed by the principal concerned, he should not comment, especially since Gas is his friend.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
TrepStep you keep trying to impose your middle class values on Charlotte. You don't live in her world. I'm middle class and I don't have rich or poor friends. Why would you think Charlotte would have middle class and poor friends or behave as those classes do?
I really don't know what you mean by that. I specially don't understand what you mean by my "middel-class" values.
I'm one of the few people on this forum who doesn't think that Charlotte should do something useful with her life, or work on anything or contribute to society in any way. While some people are constantly asking what are the casiraghi studying or complaining about them going to too many parties and not being useful members of society and such, I am one of the few who always said that I didn't see anything wrong in having a life of pleasure if you can afford it. I never thought the casiraghi should work or engage in profitable activities or whatever, so I really don't know which are those middle class values I try to impose on anyone.

On the other hand Charlotte is the one who is constantly selling middle-class values: I am so hard- working, I am such a perfectionists, I study, I work, I train, I want to achieve things by myselfs. Those are all middle-class values and she is constantly trying to promote them.

What I've done, and I'll keep on doing it as long as she is so publicly contradictory, is to point out the huge gap between the image she tries to sell of herself and the reality. SHe tries to sell herself as a hardworking intellectual girl, but to me she looks like a spoiled rich kid, who does not see the reality about herself.

Also, I don't think that she should have poor friends. I never said nothing like that. I've said that she should taste the real world and try to live in it for a while. And many many rich people know what the real world is like.
Take Valentine. She is rich. She comes from an old name family. Yet she never fooled herself into fooling that because she was rich and had a name she automatically had talent. She never pretended to go to the olympics (although she is a far better rider than charlotte) or to have talent for artistic pursues.
Take Marta Ortega. At 19 she knew she wouldn't be a profesional rider because she didn't have enough talent. And she is better than Charlotte.

Charlotte bunch of friends are a sad little bunch of people with no contact with reality who think that because they are rich they are brilliant artists, designers, sportspeople... while they are normal and no specially talented. Money doesn't equal talent.
Maybe the only talent they have inherited is to run a succesful business, like their parents do, like Valentine is doing, but all these Tatianas, Eugenies, Alex, etccc... think of themselves as creative, special, talented, artistic, simply because they have money.

But somehow, if she stays with Gad, I think it will be very good for her and she will end up different because she will share life with people who have talent, people who didn't become jewelry designers, gallery owners, models, tv preseters and whatever just because they think that rich=talented and they had the money and contact to buy a niche in the market.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Courtier

^ Do you really imagine Charlotte partying with people from Trappes?? That would be very funny.
However, if Charlotte meets Gad's friends, who are talented and worked hard to succeed, it may be a bit doulourous for her. She could open her eyes and realize that she has nothing special, except her birth.
I agree with you: people who have money can do what they want with it. But at a moment, it's obvious that they have to realize that this life is empty, without any sense. Have you seen "About a boy", with Hugh Grant? In this movie Hugh Grant plays a heir. He lives a life of pleasure, but one day when he meets the big love who is a successful woman, he starts to realize that he missed something by doing nothing at all. He realises that he is just an average man. That's my vision of this kind of people: wealthy people, with a beautiful but empty life.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
^ Do you really imagine Charlotte partying with people from Trappes?? That would be very funny.
Well no, not at all :-) That's what I meant. Living a real life doesn't mean moving to a HLM in Trappes. But you can be rich and lead a wealthy life and still have a good notion of who you are and what's your real position in the world.
I think that Valentine and Marta Ortega are good examples of what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
people who have money can do what they want with it. But at a moment, it's obvious that they have to realize that this life is empty, without any sense. Have you seen "About a boy", with Hugh Grant? In this movie Hugh Grant plays a heir. He lives a life of pleasure, but one day when he meets the big love who is a successful woman, he starts to realize that he missed something by doing nothing at all. He realises that he is just an average man. That's my vision of this kind of people: wealthy people, with a beautiful but empty life.
I'm not sure I agree with you. A life of pleasure is not necessarely an empty life. I'm sure that 99% of people would be much more happy leading Charlotte's life than their average lives.
Very very few people in this world are really talented. 99'999% of people are average, and I certainly prefer to live the live of a wealthy average person than the life of an average middle-class person.
Why would anyone want to go to an office everyday and work under a boss just to pay rent, food, zara clothes and a couple of trips a years.

Riding beautiful horses, travelling around the world, not having a boss shouting at you and not to have to get up at 7 a.m. 5 days a week, reading interesting books at home, instead of sitting at your desk in an office is a much much better life!
Having free time to enjoy life and friends is much better than working like mad for 1.500 euros a month and it doesn't have to be an empty life if you fill your life with activities you are passionate about.

It just doesn't mean you are talented.
And Charlotte'circle of friends seems to me like a bunch of people who think that just because they are wealthy they are talented, while they are just wealthy and incredibly lucky and have amazing oportunities to do interesting things with their lifes, but as persons, there doesn't seem to be anything special about any of them.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

By middle class values, I mean pulling your own luggage and driving your own car. She may not be a princess but she is expected to behave like one. I see far more pictures of Charlotte riding than partying in Paris. She does surround herself with talented and hardworking people. Edwina Alexander and Jan Tops, the editors of Vogue Italia and France. She is helping them promote their businesses and they appreciate that. As I have said 100 times before, her business is to promote Monaco. She may do this by being on the cover of French Vogue or riding in the GCT. Both bring her in contact with potential customers for Monaco. Working as an employee in a company would be a total waste of time for her. (Actually, she did do that interning for Paris and London publishing companies.) She has used that knowledge to start 2 magazines.

The reason she hasn't been in the media lately is because she filed criminal stalking charges against several paparazzi. She could have threatened to do the same against any editors who published their pictures.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
By middle class values, I mean pulling your own luggage and driving your own car.
Those things have nothing to do with middle-class or high class values. Having a private driver is something wonderful and practical. I'd love to be able to afford one! :-)

About the luggage: one thing is to have someone to carry you heavy luggage and a different thing is to have a person carrying your very small trolley and taking it to the check-in counter. It's not a question of values but a question of manners.

Quote:
I see far more pictures of Charlotte riding than partying in Paris. She does surround herself with talented and hardworking people. Edwina Alexander and Jan Tops, the editors of Vogue Italia and France.
But this doesn't make her talented.

Quote:
She is helping them promote their businesses and they appreciate that.
I don't think she does it for the sake of it. I rather believe you were spot on when you said that she probably has shares on the GCT business.

Quote:
As I have said 100 times before, her business is to promote Monaco.
I know you think so, but you also know that I don't agree.
I don't think that's her business at all, Caroline educated her and her siblings at independent people and she's said several times that they are not grimaldi and are not expected to live for Monaco but to lead their own lives. I don't think she does the interviews, etc to promote monaco.

Quote:
(Actually, she did do that interning for Paris and London publishing companies.) She has used that knowledge to start 2 magazines.
That's a perfect example of what I mean, the perfect example of the kind of spoiled rich kid mentality who think that they are talented because they are rich. After just a few months doing an intership at a newspaper nobody is ready to start a magazine. To start a magazine you need long years of hard training or in very few cases, if you want to burn stages, an extraordinary talent.
The first magazine was bad, and Charlotte interview was totally amateurish. The second one has pretty pictures. That's all. They are bad magazines and they get publicity because of the editors's contacts but they are amateurish and poor.

Just because you are rich you are not ready to start a magazine after a few months training in publishing. Charlotte is an intelligent young woman. She probably has the talent to start a real magazine if she wants to. But not at this stage of her life. She has no training (a few months don't count)

She is not a good editor the same way Eugenie is not a real designer. They just play at it. Just because you are rich and surrounded by talented people it does not mean you are ready to do a real adult job at 22, without real training.

Quote:
The reason she hasn't been in the media lately is because she filed criminal stalking charges against several paparazzi. She could have threatened to do the same against any editors who published their pictures.
I don't think so. I don't know how quick are these things in the usa, but around here even if you file a criminal charge the police can't do anything and the tribunal won't do anything in months. Justice is slow!
Criminal complaint or not the paparazzi can still wait for her at Gad's door.
She went to Monaco and then disappeared. Gad's not been seen anywhere either... They are new boyfriend and girlfriend... I bet that they are taking a romantic trip somewhere away from France.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Pulling your luggage and driving your car are not values (of any class) is just a necessity. If you have money someone does it for you. It makes your life easier. And it creates jobs. Where is the crime? It is not question of class values it is just question of money. And i do not see why is bad manner to make the driver carrying the luggage. It is part of his job. When you pay a housekeeper to make your ironing why it is bad manner to make her ironing?
When i have money i go to the hairdresser, when i do not have i do not go. It is so simple and my vales or morality are not affected.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Well no, not at all :-) That's what I meant. Living a real life doesn't mean moving to a HLM in Trappes. But you can be rich and lead a wealthy life and still have a good notion of who you are and what's your real position in the world.
I think that Valentine and Marta Ortega are good examples of what I mean.
I even didn't think about it. I was talking about Gad's friends who come from Trappes. They left it, but they have a personnal story which is far different from Charlotte's one: two worlds very different!

My theory of wealthy and empty life is not very different of yours. Of course it must be a pleasure to do what you want, without any boss to give you orders. Taking holidays when you want, where you want is great too. But that's an empty life, as Charlotte desperate tries to give a sense to her life show us. She tries to direct newpapers, she tries to pose for magasines, she tries to ride in GCT... She has no real aim, and she seems a bit lost, as if she doesn't know what to do with all this independance. And so did Eugenie with her contribution with Gaia Repossi.
You talked about Valentine: Valentine and Charlotte were supposed to have the same life. But it seems that Valentine found herself: she has a job, she keeps on riding. She knows what she wants, and she lives quietly her life, without trying to be someone else. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm very curious to see what Charlotte is going to do now that she has a new man. I agree with the theory of Charlotte changing of life while changing of boyfriends. Is she going to keep on riding? She has a contract with Gucci, so she has some kind of obligation. But what about when the contract will be over? I'm quite sure she won't become an actress, because she's not ready for this. She could try to be a director, or a producer: it's intellectual enough for her. Time will say!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

Valentine hasn't ridden in several months and works for her family's business. Also, her family isn't in the public eye like Charlotte's is.

Values may not have been the correct word to use for what I was trying to say but the way you have been brought up reflects on how you think others should behave. I still don't understand what you think Charlotte should be doing at 25. It is normal for people to try different things in their 20s. As for Ever Manifesto, I think it was vastly improved over the first issue. Moreover, the competition held in conjuction with Gucci will raise funds to sponsor classes in sustainability at the Fashion Institute in Paris.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I know him and i do not like him, but this is my personnal opinion.

As as far as this relation (if it exists) is not confirmed by the principal concerned, he should not comment, especially since Gas is his friend.
"...he should not comment" ? Very well, but what do you think you are doing here then ? This is a very public page, you know. You are making such a fuss about nothing, simply because you don't like Jamel Debouzze.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Time to get back to the topic of this thread - Charlotte Casiraghi's actual current events! Thanks!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Courtier

According to Mrs. Louise Nichol, Bazaar Arabia editor-in-chief, Charlotte Casiraghi will attend Cartier Polo in Dubai on February 24.

https://twitter.com/#!/MrsLouiseNichol
Old 02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope so. She has really disappeared lately. Her last picture is around january 17th, before the Circus Festival in MC.

By the way, it is not soon the usual year ski holidays of Pcs Caro + family?

Closed Thread