The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 PM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
With her love life in the spotlight, Charlotte Casiraghi makes a plea for privacy
Charlotte Casiraghi filing complaint against paparazzi - hellomagazine.com
__________________

  #622  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
palomasie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Posts: 151
I get what trepstep is saying too. It's totally okay for her to parade and pose if that's what she wants, but bitching about it later doesn't sound very coherent. Strings come attached. And you know, if you don't like it, you can quit whatever you're doing and let things go back to what they were.
__________________

  #623  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomasie View Post
I get what trepstep is saying too. It's totally okay for her to parade and pose if that's what she wants, but bitching about it later doesn't sound very coherent. Strings come attached. And you know, if you don't like it, you can quit whatever you're doing and let things go back to what they were.
And do you think that if she stops riding and giving interviews people will forget her??? Press will forget her??? The only way for her to hope being forgotten, is to go in the middle of Amazony... after plastic surgery to change her face!

Her brother Pierre, has never made any sport competition, and never gave interviews! Does the press leaving him alone??? NO!
  #624  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Her brother Pierre, has never made any sport competition, and never gave interviews! Does the press leaving him alone??? NO!
Well, Pierre is a perfect example.

Because yes, the press leaves him very much alone.

Well, no completely but he leads a rather private life nonetheless. We get a candid pic of him walking the streets of Rome once in a long while.
And that's mainly because of Beatrice. She is very popular in Italy, has been on tv, etc.
The press never follows him when he is not with her or his family and he's never on french or spanish magazines like Hola or Point de Vue.

Of course, Charlotte will always get more attention simply because she is a girl and people are interested in her clothes, style and such, but if she didn't lead an active celebrity life and she didn't constantly campaign to sell herself as "queen of intellectual chic and glamour" like she has been doing these past 3 years she would get much less media atention.

Edit: Now, this is only a guess but if this relationship with Gad is a lasting one, I bet that she is going to become her old discreet self once again.
I don't know if you agree, but Charlotte seems to be the kind of girl who always adopts the personality a of her boyfriends.

With Felix she was all hard studies.
With Alex came the socialite glittering and the covers.
Gad is a discreet guy. I'm pretty sure he will change her again (well, she already dresses differently)
  #625  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
titiromi's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris & Salon-De-Provence, France
Posts: 346
Forget, maybe not but she won't be pursued by 10 paparazzis anymore. We don't have for example candid pics of Louis because he is not doing interviews, pose for magazine to say what he likes to read and how much he is a perfectionist but we don't forget who he is either. If she stops doing interviews, posing for magazine and attending VIP events, I think it's safe to assume that she will no longer have 10 paparazzis around her house.
But her lawyers stated that it began the 25th dec so I think it's because of Gad, but once we will have pictures of the two together, it will quiet a little.
__________________
je suis Charlie

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire


My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
  #626  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:53 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Well, Pierre is a perfect example.

Because yes, the press leaves him very much alone.

Well, no completely but he leads a rather private life nonetheless. We get a candid pic of him walking the streets of Rome once in a long while.
And that's mainly because of Beatrice. She is very popular in Italy, has been on tv, etc.
The press never follows him when he is not with her or his family and he's never on french or spanish magazines like Hola or Point de Vue.
I do not think that the press leaves him very alone! We have often pics of him, partying etc, even before Beatrice. And imagine he breaks with her and starts changing girlfriends,... you will se what will happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I don't know if you agree, but Charlotte is the kind of girl who seems to adopt the personality and friends of her boyfriends.
With Felix she was all discretion and hard studies.
With Alex came the socialite glittering and the covers.
Gad is a discreet guy. I'm pretty sure he will change her again (well, she already dresses differently)
This is very interesting! I fully agree, but i always though it was only MY idea.
This is same like with Caroline! She changed her personnality accordingly to the companion.
Family mama - serious woman with Stefano
Country discreet girl with Vincent Lindon
Royal Higness with EA
  #627  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
And do you think that if she stops riding and giving interviews people will forget her??? Press will forget her??? The only way for her to hope being forgotten, is to go in the middle of Amazony... after plastic surgery to change her face!

Her brother Pierre, has never made any sport competition, and never gave interviews! Does the press leaving him alone??? NO!
Of course they will. They didn't really know who she was before she started exposing herself, so they will forget her very fast. Only a few ones know who she is, and amongst these ones, very little love her.
As Trepstep said, she has no talent. It's a very cruel and sad conclusion, and people are especially interested by talentuous people. Charlotte is one of the most beautiful girl in the world but that's not enough.

As far as Pierre is concerned, I sincerely don't see what you are refering to. Since the moment he started to work, as his relationship with Beatrice seems very serious, press completely let him down. I haven't seen him in newspapers for a longtime! Same thing for Andrea, usually absent from newspapers - except when he drove too fast... Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte share the same family, the same beauty, the same sad history.

However, Charlotte is the one who is the most followed. Maybe is it because she gave interviews, posed for Testino in Fontainebleau castle, etc. She sold herself, I think at a time she wanted to be admired by people as a beautiful, talentuous and clever girl. Maybe now she regrets it when she's harassed by paparazzis, and I feel sorry for her.

As Zonk said, Charlotte is not in a zoo. Unfortunately, she can't play with medias, they always want more than she wants to / can give to them. Of course she could pose for Paris Match with Gad, being paid for it and giving the money to Fight Aids or Amade. But she has the right to refuse it too. The fact that she sold herself can't oblige her to publish her private life to earn some peace. She should be free to live her life quietly, but she's paying her past need of publicity. That's why her penal trial can sound as hypocritical to some of them.
  #628  
Old 01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Exactly. It's not as if the press has any right to pree on her. She should be free to live quietly if she wants to do so. But that's only the theory.

The truth is that fame is a monster that can eat you alive if you are not very careful. And Charlotte, coming from the family she comes from, should have known it.

I wouldn't worry much thought. If she really wants to live her life outside of the media attention, the novelty of the Gad relationship will soon burn out and she will be able to go back to normal and live privately. I have the feeling that if they stay together, Gad will push her towards it.
  #629  
Old 01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
She may find it inconvenient at the moment, or perhaps it is her new boyfriend who is bothered, but I am under the impression that she has enjoyed the limelight. You don't sign on to be covergirl for Gucci and show up at high profile events and be photographed if you dont want attention. Once you make the deal you have to take what comes with it. You cannot turn the attention on and off to suit your pleasure.
  #631  
Old 01-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,457
No one knows what caused Charlotte to file a criminal suit. I am guessing it was dangerous driving by the paparazzi. This is much different than just having your picture taken. I think people need to cool their opinions until the facts come out.
  #632  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Well, Pierre is a perfect example.

Because yes, the press leaves him very much alone.

Well, no completely but he leads a rather private life nonetheless. We get a candid pic of him walking the streets of Rome once in a long while.
And that's mainly because of Beatrice. She is very popular in Italy, has been on tv, etc.
The press never follows him when he is not with her or his family and he's never on french or spanish magazines like Hola or Point de Vue.

Of course, Charlotte will always get more attention simply because she is a girl and people are interested in her clothes, style and such, but if she didn't lead an active celebrity life and she didn't constantly campaign to sell herself as "queen of intellectual chic and glamour" like she has been doing these past 3 years she would get much less media atention.

Edit: Now, this is only a guess but if this relationship with Gad is a lasting one, I bet that she is going to become her old discreet self once again.
I don't know if you agree, but Charlotte seems to be the kind of girl who always adopts the personality a of her boyfriends.

With Felix she was all hard studies.
With Alex came the socialite glittering and the covers.
Gad is a discreet guy. I'm pretty sure he will change her again (well, she already dresses differently)
Excellent post and excellent points. Charlotte does seem to adapt the persona of whoever she is dating. The examples you provide are excellent.

I don't know much about her new boyfriend..in fact I had never heard of him before last week. But if he is a fiercely private guy who prefers to dine in instead of going out to flashy restaurants, and who prefers a small exclusive circle of friends in private nightclubs, I can understand why Charlotte is suddenly freaking out at all the attention.

Maybe she doesn't want to scare him off. I get the feeling that people who are waiting to see a photo of them together will wait a loooog time!
  #633  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 754
I don't necessarily agree that Charlotte adapts herself to whomever she is dating, though when one is in a relationship (let alone a marriage) one does naturally become like the other. That's common sense, and is a component of a successful relationship imho, to have things "in common".

And on that note, of course Charlotte was "studying hard" when she was with Felix, they both were, because duh they both were going to school at that time. That's a given.

With Alex, she met him at at time she was transitioning from a young university schoolgirl to finding her own wings, which included living on her own, developing her interest in fashion, which she was immersed in since she was a mere babe, and that included attending fashion shows and also her boyfriend's art shows (being he was/is an art gallery owner). As to the other, I'm not surprised she was on covers, she's a beautiful young lady, etc. etc. etc. (this has been gone over ad infinitum ).

Continuing on the theme of Charlotte's interest in fashion (just like her mother before her btw), she furthered that interest & passion by starting her own Ever Manifesto magazine (Charlotte Casiraghi | BoF – The Business of Fashion ), with a focus on the environment (most likely influenced by her maternal uncle's own deep involvement in such). And then came the deal with Gucci, simultaneously with Charlotte getting back into the equestrian world, after she took a 5-year hiatus from it. This too ties into her interest with fashion, as well as horses, and journalism. On the contraire, Alex Dellal has nothing to do with those very interests of Charlotte (striking down the assumption that she adapts herself to her boyfriend, nope). This is why I'm not surprised they broke up; they're both going in two different directions. They met at a time when Charlotte was just starting out, finding out what she wanted to do, whereas her boyfriend had already found his niche in the art world. Five years later Charlotte is at a total different point in her life, which differs from her ex-boyfriend's, therefore they go their separate ways. Happens all the time.

With Gad, who knows what's next!?! But I doubt such a strong-willed young woman like Charlotte will be "adapting" herself to Gad. She's proven she's her own woman, and pursues her own passions & interests. Because of this I seriously doubt she will drop everything (i.e. fashion, horses, journalism, et al) to adapt herself to Gad. If anything, he will need to adapt himself to her, as her other boyfriends have done so in the past.

And for the record, Charlotte has always shown herself as a rather *discreet* private person, suing the paps before for their invasion of privacy. It hasn't begun with Gad. The only difference is that her invasion of privacy has escalated since her relationship with this 40 yr. old French comedian/actor (btw he's a nobody in the USA; Charlotte at least is known here). No offense to Gad, just stating the facts.

On a last note, when Charlotte does eventually settle down and get married, she and her husband will need to have things in common in order to make the marriage work. That's when she & him will truly need to "adapt" themselves to each other. Jmho.

In the meantime, have a great time being young, in love with life, with nary a care in the world (except the paps, of course).
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #634  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,499

How I love that little smile of Charlotte's in the last photo, where she is seen apparently either texting or checking her messages......

Anyway, according to the article Charlotte has already taken her new love around to meet her BFF(or one of them!) Eugenie Niarchos..I wonder has he passed the Great Hurdle and met Princess Caroline and Prince Albert??
  #635  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
Um, Charlotte is a nobody here in the US, too. People know her grandmother, bit they couldn't care less about her. Just stating the facts. I would bet my life savings you would not find one person in a hundred Americans who knows or cares about Charlotte. Mainly the people who know her are interested in fashion or are royal watchers. All that said, I don't know how hard it is for her in Paris.
  #636  
Old 01-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 754
Lol, I'll take that bet, seriously I would and you would owe me big money.

Come on, 1 in 100 American, you'd lose, but OTOH 1 in 10 you just might win. I'd even give you 1 in 20, just to make it more fair.

Of course we'd have to have an experiment group made up of a *fair* amount of individuals of all classes, all races, all ethncities, all ages, all socio-economic backgrounds, not just a bunch of dingalings straight out of highschool. (8^O

Picking the experiment group would be the key to my success (smiles smugly) or naught (smile disappears). :(

kells & Nadine shake hands, the bet is on! (;^)
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #637  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

And on that note, of course Charlotte was "studying hard" when she was with Felix, they both were, because duh they both were going to school at that time. That's a given.
Not really. They weren't in highschool or the university, they were in prépa. Very few people follow that course of studies and it is a real coincidence that they were both doing the same thing at the same time, that they both decided to try for the ENS.

Since Felix and Charlotte were together since terminale it's highly possible that they influenced each other to take that decision together.

Of course I wasn't there and I don't know who had the idea, Felix or Charlotte, but since she quit that course quite early and he kept studying, he seems to be the more determined of both and probably the one behind the decision.

Quote:
With Gad, who knows what's next!?! But I doubt such a strong-willed young woman like Charlotte will be "adapting" herself to Gad.
How do you know that Charlotte is strong-willed?
I don't know her more than you do, so I don't know how she is either, but...

We do know that she quit her studies after her first failure. That's usually a sign of a weak personality.
We know she leads her horsewoman life in a very amateurish and light way.
We know she's still under the wing of the same family friends and close circle. Her friends are her brother's friends, or the kids of her mother's friends like when you are a 12 years old.
She hasn't even been able to look for a trainer who is not a Rozier, even if she gets awful results with him.
She's been dressing Lagerfeld for ages even if it didn't suit her because the man is mum's friend...

Of course I can be wrong, I don't know her at all, and I am judging from far away, but those don't seem signs of a strong-willed or independent personality, quite the contrary.

I'm honestly curious, what do you see in her that gives you the feeling that she is strong-willed?



Quote:
Because of this I seriously doubt she will drop everything (i.e. fashion, horses, journalism, et al) to adapt herself to Gad.
Well, we can only guess. I'm sure she won't drop fashion because that's not a serious interest of hers. And she doesn't need to drop journalism because she dropped it already after just a few months.

My guess is that she will drop horses, Gad or no Gad, because her results are worst every passing day and she doesn't seem to care much about training.



Quote:
her relationship with this 40 yr. old French comedian/actor (btw he's a nobody in the USA; Charlotte at least is known here). No offense to Gad, just stating the facts.
I don't think anyone will be offended by that. It's a fact. He's only famous in France.
But I fail to see the relevance of him being famous or not in the USA in this topic. I don't know what you mean by that. Charlotte and him don't live there.
They're probably aren't famous in China or India either and there's even more people living over there.
  #638  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 AM
palomasie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
And do you think that if she stops riding and giving interviews people will forget her??? Press will forget her??? The only way for her to hope being forgotten, is to go in the middle of Amazony... after plastic surgery to change her face!

Her brother Pierre, has never made any sport competition, and never gave interviews! Does the press leaving him alone??? NO!
I was going to give you a bigger answer, but after all that's been said by trepstep, lovelykate and others, do you really think she'd be as harrassed as she's being now if she didn't choose to parade? PLEASE
  #639  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
Quote:
ROYAL ROMPING: It’s a bit ironic that the Monaco royal family is said to be unhappy with Princess Caroline’s daughter Charlotte Casiraghi and her choice of a boyfriend — the 40-year-old Moroccan actor and comedian Gad Elmaleh, who recently had a small role in Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris.”

I guess those pissy principality principals have forgotten about Caroline’s own ill-fated early marriage to wild playboy Philippe Junot — to say nothing about her late mother, Princess Grace, who had a reputation for bedding major Hollywood stars, back when she was still the actress Grace Kelly.

Casiraghi, 25, who is also a top horsewoman, is expected to compete in some of the equestrian events this summer at the London Olympics.
source: Chicago Sun Times
  #640  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomasie View Post
I was going to give you a bigger answer, but after all that's been said by trepstep, lovelykate and others, do you really think she'd be as harrassed as she's being now if she didn't choose to parade? PLEASE
Of course!! You are free to disagree.
It depends how old you are and where do you live, but myself, being of the generation which have followed Pcs Caroline since her teens age, I'm used to see (at least in french press) pictures of Charlotte since her dayA!! and this NON STOP till now. Of course it sells less to follow a 8 years girl than a 25 years pretty woman, which just changed boyfriend.
Press was expecting her to grow, to be pretty as her mother and to have dramatical love stories, as her mother and aunt, (and this without horse riding!!!!)
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 2 LadyLeana Royal Life and Lifestyle 2914 12-04-2016 05:25 PM
Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012 An Ard Ri Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 1489 07-24-2013 09:58 PM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 700 04-01-2013 06:31 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012 Marengo Current Events Archive 843 06-13-2012 05:55 AM
It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012 dazzling Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 1325 04-20-2012 09:30 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit dutch state visit to france e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald v kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala nobel gowns norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikha hind state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises