The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #581  
Old 01-17-2012, 03:05 AM
fortimo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
A bodyguard to take her luggage...!She can't take it by herself?A typical snob attitude to me...

Why is it a problem for you, if a MAN take the luggage of a WOMAN???
And if this man is her employee, than it is also his function to take it, he gets his salary for it. In my opinion.
__________________

  #582  
Old 01-17-2012, 03:18 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PARIS, France
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post


I keep telling her that she should try better lies if she wants us to believe her stories.
It was easy though. She just needed to check the timetable of the JT at the TF1 site :-)

Marieantoinette, you should also know that the JT de TF1 can be watched online here:

Le 20 heures du 16 janvier 2012 - Vidéo replay du journal televise : Le journal de 20h - TF1

I just couldn't believe they talked about Charlotte at the 20h. The JT is a serious program, they don't usually waste time with the love life of the casiraghi and such. I checked, thought, just in case.
Not a single word about her, of course.
I never wrote it was in the TV Channel y ...
The links I put is from the WEB Channel page, ALL .

Because some people are so always make this figure.

The news are here, and that is the problem, to person, who are used to have audience in here !
__________________

  #583  
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
My opinion is that rumors, many times, are true...so ito me a part os the story is true...One thing I found strange is why can anyone knows where Gad lives in Paris? Is that a big secret? I suppose not...but why no one knows where he lives??
Also I have never seen Charlotte with a bodyguard so often has she is now..she usually walks around Paris by her own or with her own friends, so I found kind of strange and let me thinks that there is really something going on with these two...She looks happy indeed!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #584  
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieantoinette85 View Post
THEY ARE TALKING NOW LIVE IN THE TF1 NEWS !!!
What were you telling, please?

Quote:
One thing I found strange is why can anyone knows where Gad lives in Paris? Is that a big secret? I suppose not...but why no one knows where he lives??
But we do know where he lives! He lives in the avenue Frochot, we've seen pics of him and charlotte going in an out.

About the luggage. I seem to be the only one to agree with you but I also find snobbish to have a bodyguard carry your luggage. Only, I don't think that man is a bodyguard, he's probably just a driver.
Still a little bit snobbish to me. Drivers always ask you if you want them to carry their luggage out of politeness, likinge most polite men do with women. When it's heavy I think it's ok to say thank you and agree. Or if the car is parked far away.

But we've also seen drivers carrying small trollies for Charlotte to the checking area when she was boarding a plane. That looks silly.
  #585  
Old 01-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
I was sure that Charlotte was going to attack paparazzis. I understand her, but as usual something is disturbing me. She always complains against paparazzis but without them she would have never had the Gucci job. She got it because she was the daughter and granddaughter of..., not because she was good.
However, she has the right to attack them if they are too intrusive. I understand her, they have to follow the rules, and to respect her.
But when I read her lawyer's speech, comparating Charlotte to Diana, followed till death by paparazzis, I thought that was a bit too much. Privacy laws are very stricts in France: I doubt that Charlotte really lives 10% of the "enfer" they describe. What happened to Diana was crazy, but she was Diana, very popular princess of Wales, on a trip with her lover. Charlotte is not Diana and will never be. They exagerate a bit because they want a lot of money, that's all.
As the "enfer" is concerned, we only saw pics of her leaving Gad's flat, and leaving airport. No pics of her in her car, no pics of her in some other place. Her lawyer must be good, but he's a bit emphatic.
Charlotte is not a rock star: she's not very well-known in France. If you look at covers of this week, you will see that she has disappeared (except from Paris Match, which is older). Magazines are talking about Albert and Charlene and their second honeymoon, about Vanessa Paradis and Johnny Depp... And the next covers will be about Jean Dujardin and his Golden Globe. Charlotte has already been forgotten, we keep on following her because we are interesting by her (and her family) but a great part of people isn't.

Edit: I also noticed that her driver was always carrying her luggage. I wouldn't have described it as snobbish, I prefer using the "spoilt" word. This only shows that Charlotte is her mother's little princess, she has always been used to be threated like a queen by everybody (I think that everybody noticed that on GCT she waited for her groom to give her the horse, she doesn't prepare it, etc.). She's a very spoilt young woman, that's sure. But if I was her: I would have done the same with my luggage!
  #586  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
They exagerate a bit because they want a lot of money, that's all.
I agree with you on everything you wrote but this. Charlotte is not asking fr money.
She is not going civil but penal against the paparazzi. When you make a civil complaint (sorry, but I don't know any legal terms in english, I don't know how you say it), you ask for money as a compensantion. When you go the penal way you don't get money but penal sanctions.
In some matters you can choose to go penal or civil when you go to court but the arguments you use must be different.
When you go penal, it feels weak to complain just about privacy, that's why they are saying that the paparazzi are endangering her life. I think it's clever.
  #587  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
Sorry for this mistake, and thank you for having correcting me!
  #588  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:24 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,707
___________________


Two galleries with a mixture of the recent pics:



** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** olycom gallery **

The resentment about the paparazzi besieging is understandable, but in general the Casiraghis live
a quite unobserved private life, so I'm sure the situation will improve again soon. Even love stories
tend to get boring with time..
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #589  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Sorry for this mistake, and thank you for having correcting me!
Ups! I didn't want it to feel as if I was "correcting" you. Just clarifying
I agree with everything else you say.
  #590  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
^ I wrote correcting because it's the word I usually use in french but of course, it's "clarifying" that I was thinking! On va finir par y arriver!!
  #591  
Old 01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,461
I notice that Point de Vue seems to be ignoring this Charlotte/Gad story. They didn't put it on their cover, and not even a story either!

I wonder if it is because they have been sued by Charlotte before?(back in 2007 when they photographed her on holiday with Alex)
  #592  
Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
Honestly, I'm so ambivalent about celebrities suing or seeking legal actions against the pappz. On the one hand, I do love getting pictures of Charlotte because more often than not, I appreciate her style and I'm interested in what she's doing like jumping and so forth. On the other hand, how would I feel if somebody was following me 24/7? That must get annoying fast, with someone effectively treating you like a circus attraction, shoving a camera in your face all the time.
  #593  
Old 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I notice that Point de Vue seems to be ignoring this Charlotte/Gad story. They didn't put it on their cover, and not even a story either!

I wonder if it is because they have been sued by Charlotte before?(back in 2007 when they photographed her on holiday with Alex)

No, the contrary. Charlotte/Gad story IS ON THE cover

Point de Vue *.:.* En Couverture
  #594  
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Charlotte Casiraghi, through his lawyer, denounced the interference of the last days: 'The Princess lives a daily hell'
Carlota Casiraghi presenta una denuncia penal por 'violencia moral'

Google Google Translate

http://www.purepeople.com/article/ch...volte_a94553/1

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...53%2F1&act=url
  #595  
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Hopefully her lawyers know she is not a princess, and it was the magazine writer who made the error.
  #596  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
No, the contrary. Charlotte/Gad story IS ON THE cover

Point de Vue *.:.* En Couverture
Wow...I spoke too soon obviously! Thanks fandesacs2003!
  #597  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
palomasie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Posts: 151
I get that she must be upset with the whole Gad frenzy but am I the only one who thinks it's a tad bit ridiculous to compare Charlotte to Lady Di??
  #598  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,461
No palomasie, you are not even close to being the only one who feels that way.

Diana was a global and media sensation almost from the moment she became engaged to Charles.

At the time of her death she was the most famous and photographed woman on the planet.

As for Charlotte not that many people outside of Europe even know who she is, and no one I know here in the US is clamoring for news or photos of her...she could walk down any street here and she MIGHT be noticed because of course she is exceptionally pretty...but not because she is Charlotte Casiraghi.

I am sure the paps are an irritant, but I don't see how her life or safety are in any danger from them.

I think her attorney needs to get some perspective here...
  #599  
Old 01-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 750
Yes, I too was shocked and a bit embarrassed when I first read that Charlotte's lawyer compared her to Princess Diana.

But I won't judge until a correct complete transcript is presented in English, as misunderstandings always abound, such as calling her "Princess". I don't believe for one second he called her that, it must've been a bad translation. Jmho.

However, after thinking about it a bit, I'm wondering if the lawyer was going for sensationalism, and the closest he could come to that was using Princess Diana's death as an example. That is her being pursued all over Paris (just like Charlotte is now) because of her brand new relationship with Dodi Fayed (slash, substitute Gad Elmaleh for Dodi Fayed). And we all know what happened then, less than 2 mos. after getting involved, they both ended up dead because of the paparazzi pursuing them that fateful night.

Only those on the other side of the grass (aka celebrities) know what it is like to be pursued, but if it's anything like I've seen on t.v. it doesn't look fun at all, rather dangerous, stalking gone to an out-of-control level! The closest I've come is when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in South America, the stares/questions/whispers/et al I would get on the bus, etc. was a nightmare, all curious to know about the Norte Americana. After that I said I would *hate* to be a celebrity. I feel sorry for the ones that were born into it, like Charlotte & Caroline, as they had no choice.

Anyhow, I'm glad that Charlotte takes after her mother yet again, and isn't allowing the paparazzi to stalk her to death. It's enough she has to put up with crazies & fanatics stalking her on the 'net, she doesn't need that in real life as well.

ps: I think the reason why this time is so different is because Charlotte is dating someone well-known in France (never heard of him before in America btw). Whereas with Alex, only she was well-known, however now she is in a relationship where they both are. Yegods! (8^O
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #600  
Old 01-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,461
Great post Nadine, and I don't envy anyone who is famous and has to deal with that....which is probably why I have never desired to be famous.

EVER!

However, if I was well known one thing I am sure I would never do is run from someone trying to photograph me and institute a chase. That seems the height of madness. It's dangerous and silly to boot.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 2 LadyLeana Royal Life and Lifestyle 2914 12-04-2016 05:25 PM
Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012 An Ard Ri Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 1489 07-24-2013 09:58 PM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 700 04-01-2013 06:31 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012 Marengo Current Events Archive 843 06-13-2012 05:55 AM
It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012 dazzling Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 1325 04-20-2012 09:30 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll gothia cup grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises