The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Aristocracy

I think that what makes Charlotte looks sloppy in her latest outings is her poor posture. So along with the rather questionable attire choices, she also looks very uncomfortable and clueless.

If you look at Caroline for example or Stephanie in her younger years, despite their occasional fashion missteps, they still remain poised. Their posture and general aura of confidence make them own their looks, as if saying "I don't care what you think, I intended to wear this. If you don't get it, then too bad for you."

Charlotte on the other hand has that confused, pained look which for me is manifested in her bad posture. Although stunning and unmistakably a champion in the gene pool, she does not possess that sense of ownership of her style choices. When she wears those high heels for example, she looks like she's wobbly or unbalanced. She used to be very comfortable and at ease, with her street chic being her fashion forte. But now, even her casual looks have become strained.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I think Charlotte purposely downplays her clothing. She has heard all the horror stories about her mother and Princess Diana being chased by the paparazzi. Clothing can be very powerful. If you look too good too often you can lose control of your privacy. I have noticed that both Charlotte and PC can look great when they want to. They turn it on and off like a lightswitch. Charlotte alluded to this in the Paris Vogue article. She said she understood the power of clothing. She also said she liked to look respectable. Respectable is not a word I would choose if I wanted to wow the world with my fashion choices.
I agree with you about the downplaying. But you can downplay and still look put-together. I don't think the press is going to leave her alone more often because she's looking random and uninspired. Deliberately muted I can well believe, but this is haphazard. If it's about press coverage, look for example at the Gucci Masters. One year she's a mishmash of grey, browns and blue, with beltloops and no belt; the next she's stunning in a subtle and muted but coordinated outfit.

In Vogue Paris she said dressing up was her way of honoring those who invited her to events, or to represent her family; that it was a way of being respectful, i.e. to them. It's a notion that perfectly suits a perfectionist. I'm just saying, wearing the right type of clothes, to suit an event, doesn't always produce aesthetically pleasing results.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by selket

In Vogue Paris she said dressing up was her way of honoring those who invited her to events, or to represent her family; that it was a way of being respectful, i.e. to them. It's a notion that perfectly suits a perfectionist. I'm just saying, wearing the right type of clothes, to suit an event, doesn't always produce aesthetically pleasing results.
True. And she also must be able to mingle with many different circles - one night with diplomats, the next with fashion/art types. She needs cosmopolitan looks that will work for all crowds.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Courtier

I found this article about party planners from London. It's an interesting article because it tells us (very briefly) that these people organised Charlotte's "cowboy and Indian birthday bash in 2011".
Super party planners: when music and drink are not enough | Life & Style
Old 12-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Courtier

Lol I've been away from the forum for a while, and am just checking in to see what's up with the Monaco Princely Family. :)

All seems fine there, including the Lovely Charlotte, but I notice her gorgon is still following her and tracking her every move. If I were Charlotte, I would have this person traced to make sure she is not a danger.

Be careful, Charlotte, God be with you. :)
Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Courtier

who's the gorgon?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was wondering about the Gorgon too. It was mentioned in Andrea's thread too.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Serene Highness

What is a Gorgon? A human being?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Gorgon? What's that ??
Old 12-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

LOL, we are all intrigued by the Gorgon

Let's see, this what i've found out in google:

Two definitions:
1 - Greek Mythology Any of the three sisters Stheno, Euryale, and the mortal Medusa who had snakes for hair and eyes that if looked into turned the beholder into stone.
2 - A woman regarded as ugly or terrifying.

Maybe Nadine can explains us later what did she mean? When she has the time coming again to forums.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Here is the 3rd part of her interview. Unfortunately, we can't access to part 1 and 2

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Courtier

We can access to it now!! And we have very beautiful portraits of Charlotte on part 1 and 2!
- part 1
- part 2
My favourite pic is the one on part 1: Charlotte's face is amazing on it, and I love when she wears breads on her head's sides. Something I never noticed: Charlotte has very beautiful and gracious hands, she's lucky!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the interview! She sound svery humble to me.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Courtier

I can't access the interviews...
Old 12-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Administrator

It seems the links have not been permanent ones and can now only be viewed by registered users..
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Administrator

As stated in various threads we won't speculative on any seperations and new relationships
unless we don't have any verified information! Some posts have been therefore been removed!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

It seems the links have not been permanent ones and can now only be viewed by registered users..
Sorry, I have just seen that the links I posted below are not available anymore.
You're right iceflower, I think that's exactly why it doesn't work anymore.
MiuMiuLove from the fashion spot translated this interview and posted it on Charlotte's thread, here: the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Charlotte Casiraghi. Bonne lecture!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Sorry, I have just seen that the links I posted below are not available anymore.
You're right iceflower, I think that's exactly why it doesn't work anymore.
MiuMiuLove from the fashion spot translated this interview and posted it on Charlotte's thread, here: the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Charlotte Casiraghi. Bonne lecture!
Thanks for that great interview.

In the interview it says "she arrived alone". It got me wondering about safety and security for Charlotte and indeed all her family. ? Do they have bodyguards. ? I probably should have posed this question in General Information about the Grimaldi Family. ?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte almost always has a bodyguard. Maybe the writer meant she didn't have her attorney or a relative with her to advise her on certain answers.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Charlotte almost always has a bodyguard. Maybe the writer meant she didn't have her attorney or a relative with her to advise her on certain answers.
I believe also. An attorney, or an image maker/PR person.

Should be difficult to cope with having always a guy behind

Closed Thread