The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
LadyRomanov: I don't know if Charlotte is shy on the video. I think that she's a girl with a lot of gestures when she speaks (I would say "manières" in french, but don't know how to translate it in english). She moves a lot her head, shakes her shoulders, we can see it on all her videos. Maybe is it because she's nervous? I don't know. But the thing she's doing with her eyes while talking to the man at the dinner corresponds to her "manners" (?) according to me. And on the second pic we can see that she's not as shy as we could imagine: look at her body language! It's very italian, of course, but it's not the way you would behave at a very elegant party. This shows that she feels confident. I don't really know if the man finds her funny, or laughs at her, what is sure is that HE doesn't feel confident! Look at his arms and hands, he's not at ease!
I said she is shy because she usually avoid to see a person straight to eyes and she blinks so much when she is taking that means in body language she is probably shy, afraid or insecure about the situation, some people is insecure at the beggining but when they start to talk they feel more confident, maybe that was the situation with Charlotte in the video and later in the second picture.

Another pic
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9839/69552880.jpg

Source: Foro Vogue, thanks lika5

Old 09-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Courtier

^ Our Charlotte is a real Lady, she knows how to sit when she's wearing a very short dress... A lot of girls would learn a lot from this pic!
I agree with you for Charlotte's shyness LadyRomanov, and I wonder what happened to Charlotte to feel so at ease at this party: maybe now she knows better Gucci team and felt "at home"? Mario Testino gave her advice? There is no compareason between your video and the Vogue video (the party with the MiuMiu dress: she was so shy, it was awful to look at! I suffered a lot for her!)

Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, her seat location at the gala dinner is impressive, to be opposite Ana Wintour. After all, this is Grace Kelly's granddaughter. Inescapable fact.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Another article, from Hello
Charlotte Casiraghi attends the opening of the Gucci museum in Florence - hellomagazine.com
Old 09-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I hope she also paid a visit to the Uffizi Gallery as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
I hope she also paid a visit to the Uffizi Gallery as well.

She should..... as is supposed t be a real Art lover....

I just thought that despite the image of an intellectual... she carries, we never saw her attending a classical Theater, or a classical concert, or an opera!

Only in fashion events, or athletical.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Courtier

^ When she was a teenager she went to a theatre to see "Crimes et Châtiments".
Each time we saw her at the opera, or in a gallery, it was with her family and her boyfriend. She went to the Met when she was in New York with Eugenie.
It seems to be a big list, but in fact I agree with you fandesacs: the list is short, because it's the places she went to in a lot of years. I have always thought that her intellectual image was artificial, I don't deny the fact that she's a clever girl, who reads a lot, but I don't think that she's more intellectual than anybody else. But it's an old debate we already talked about on this forum...
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Yesterday, September 29, Emmanuelle Alt, editor in chief of Vogue Paris, hosted a dinner in
honour of Mario Testino and Charlotte, here's a gallery of pics:

** Le dîner Vogue en l'honneur de Charlotte Casiraghi et Mario Testino **
Old 09-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte also rode in 2 competitions at Fontainebleau yesterday. She is everywhere.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Thank you Iceflower! I prefer her a lot with this very discreet and luminous make up than the green make up of Gucci event. According to me, her face is perfect here! And I love the fishtail braid.
Is it me or her dress shows a bit of her body? (Look at the link I posted)
Old 09-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Courtier

She looks so cute! I wish we had a full length view of her outfit. She must have been tired after riding all day.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Courtier

That's weird. Because she's supposedly taking part at the Fontainebleau jumping
Recherche Cavalier

But when you go to jump-results neither her or her horses appear on the results lists
CHAMPIONNATS

I can understand that she has contractual obligations with Gucci and she had to be in Florence. But a Vogue party on her honour? How silly is that?
I'm sorry to sound so harsh but it sounds incredibly stupid. What has she ever done to be honoured?
Weren't horses her real concern and wasn't she a quasi-pro and blah blah blah blah...?
Old 09-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Courtier

^ I think she's just being honored because she was on their september cover. Magazines sometimes have parties celebrating their cover stars.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Absolutely loooove the dress!!! I agree about the makeup.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Courtier

I think I've found Charlotte's results here (link posted by fanofmonaco on Charlotte's equestrian career thread). Not very good. I have always thought that Charlotte would give up horse riding to do something else, I know that I'm not the only one to think this. I don't think that the moment has come, but I'm sure it'll come soon: bad results, lots of "artistic" propositions, Monaco "dutties" will help her to make her choice.

On an other hand, I wish we could have better pics of her hair. I wish I could see the back of her head, I'm curious to look at her braid! Charlotte has always nice hair do, and paparazzis never think of taking a good picture of it. It's a pity! Please, if someone finds a better view of her hair, could you post it? Thank you!!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

I think the FFE site is wrong. I don't see Charlotte listed as riding on Thursday and Friday in the jump-results. It would be tuff when she was in Florence the middle of the week and at the Vogue dinner Friday nite.

The new editor of Paris Vogue is sticking to Charlotte like a barnacle. Charlotte must have sold lots of September Vogues. She seems to be pretty chummy with the Italian editor also. I think the odds are pretty good that she will be on the cover of Italian Vogue next September. The palace must have worked out a deal with Conde Nast. Andrea was in Vanity Fair a couple years ago.

As for riding, I think next year will be her make or break year. She will have had all 7 horses for a year. She will start improving, make it a hobby or go on to something else.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Aristocracy

The Vogue Issue you can buy it at the iTunes store: Vogue Paris Automne-Hiver 2011 cost: $0.99 (1,59 &euro
Old 10-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Serene Highness

I like the last look, although i haven't seen in complete. The hair is perfect!! But i do wonder when she trains and dedicates time to her horses.

* From the 26th event:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=969
Photograph From Purple Diary with Olivier Zahm
Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
I like the last look, although i haven't seen in complete. The hair is perfect!! But i do wonder when she trains and dedicates time to her horses.

* From the 26th event:
the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Charlotte Casiraghi
Photograph From Purple Diary with Olivier Zahm
Who is this awful guy??
Old 10-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Charlotte Casiraghi attends the 90th edition of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at the Longchamp racecourse, outside Paris on October 2, 2011.
http://i55.tinypic.com/rcilag.jpg

Closed Thread