The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

EVER MANIFESTO - see the Wikipedia article which mentions Charlotte as a link.

Ever Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Charlotte at the opening of Cartier exhibition

Charlotte Casiraghi : Un joyau éblouissant à l'exposition Cartier

Old 09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

I love the color of that dress Charlotte looks beautiful
Old 09-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Charlotte at the opening of Cartier exhibition

Charlotte Casiraghi : Un joyau éblouissant à l'exposition Cartier
Are Charlotte's public appearances in an official capacity as a member of Monaco's royal family or just because she is a celebrity in her own right? Maybe a little of both?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Courtier

^She's a celebrity because she belongs to princely family of Monaco, so I would say: both! But here, I don't think that it's an official appearance. I think that Charlotte's official appearances are considered as it only when she's with mother Caroline, or uncle Albert: what do you think about that? Can we consider this Cartier party as an official appearance? It's something I often wonder, about Charlotte and her siblings, and I would be very interested to know your mind about this subject.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator

If she attends events like these it's not in any function related to the Princely
House of Monaco, she is not officially representing the family.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

She is always representing the family and Monaco whether she wants to or not. It may not be in an official capacity but people automatically associate her with the two.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Administrator

It's a difference whether people associate her attendance with Monaco and the Princely Family
or if she officially attends as representative of the country and the family.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Courtier

The final part of her Vogue interview, thanks to Sebastiana at TFS!

Quote:
The horse does the physical effort. The rider, on the other hand, has to be the mental force. It’s the rider who decides when the horse should jump, and must work on his technique and have a good instinct. It’s a sport of impressions.” Honorary president of the Monaco International Jumping Competition for the past year, she has been showing greater and greater interest in developing the image of riding, a PR strategy that has consequently sent her looking for partners. “It’s very removed from what I was studying,” she muses. “But it’s enjoyable, and my horses keep me grounded in the present, in something real.” Reality, the grip of nature, basic instincts must certainly be an intoxicating breath of fresh air, a clever way of playing hooky from the constraints of royal life. “I am not a princess,” Charlotte Casiraghi is at pains to stress. “My mother is, not me. I am the niece of a head of state, and while I do have some duties representing Monaco, it isn’t too restricting. It's also for that reason that I refused to be styled like a typical princess for these pictures. For example, I did not want to be photographed on Marie Antoinette's bed. That's the opposite of who I am." Message received then, but whether she wishes it or not, the aura of a royal it-girl illuminates her, and each of her appearances at the Venice Biennial, the Rose Bal, and or the Amfar Dinner at Cap d'Antibes, clad in Chanel, Lanvin, Gucci, Stella MCCartney or Giambattista Valli, sets off a volley of flashbulbs and a world-wide diffusion of pictures, which are dissected by the press and on the Internet. "Like all women, I like clothes," she says. "I like the transformative power fashion permits. But it's not an obsession, and nor do I find it tiresome. Dressing, for me, is a way of honoring those who have invited me or my family. I never try to be spectacular. I want to be correct and respectable."

Listening and observing her, one is reminded of the savage splendour of Brooke Shields in "The Blue Lagoon," and forced to admit that perfection has rarely been so divinely incarnated. In an era of overexposure and vulgarity, Charlotte is a rare species with a deadly lure -- an intriguing, well-behaved young woman, whose purity is a shield. "I've know Charlotte since she was born," says Karl Lagerfeld. "She is a great beauty, that's obvious, but what is more striking is her intelligence and her knowledge. The opposite of "shut up and look pretty." I remember when she came on vacation to my house in Biarritz, and she offered to organize my library with her friends. She adores books, like me, and she always has her nose in a book from morning until night."

Just before she leaves for Monaco where her horses are waiting for her, she mentions she likes, "Rome, ville ouverte" and "Le Mepris," and her iPod which is full of classics such as her favorite "L'isle joueyse" by Debussy, as well as Sly, Faily Stone, avid Bowie, Janis Joplin, Prince and Led Zeppelin. She wraps herself up in a beige trench coat, elegantly freeing her thick bronze hair from around her neck. The temptation to broach the subject of destiny before she leaves is too strong. The question is asked. The response is an amused wink. "It's hard to put together a response to such a question," she replies. "Now I see more clearly what you're asking me. The only thing I can say is that I am very aware of being lucky, and I also know it's necessary to fight. You don't inherit a life. You have to make your own. And that is what is important. The End. She slips out like a shadow on the tips of her ballet flats, Seneca still in her bag. A little while later in a bookshop, I look at "On the shortness of life" and fall by accident on this sentence which could have be written just for this exquisite Amazon: "life is amply long for those who order it properly."
Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Courtier

Yesterday Charlotte went to a Vogue/Gucci event in Paris: the Vogue Fashion Night 2011, which took place in Paris Gucci store. She wore a MiuMiu dress, according to Pomeline's skyblog.
- Fashion spot pics
- Pomeline's article
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

STUNNING

Very nice hair, nice dress, pretty shoes and elegant posture.

Interesting point: Sje seems not carrying any bag!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting article - always great to see her continue to evolve
Old 09-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Courtier

I love her in the Miu Miu dress. She looks great!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
She is always representing the family and Monaco whether she wants to or not. It may not be in an official capacity but people automatically associate her with the two.
Outside of these boards I doubt if the average man in the streets has any idea who she is or who she is related to.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Outside of these boards I doubt if the average man in the streets has any idea who she is or who she is related to.
Totaly agree with you. I've never met people who know who the children of Pr Steph and Pr Caroline are. Well, I would say that people younger than 25 years old barely know who the Grimaldi are either (by Grimaldi, I mean Caroline, Stephanie and Albert). But maybe with the wedding they gained some popularity.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 09-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

In N. America I would agree. I would think most European women would know PC and Charlotte. They are on the covers of alot of European magazines. And I think in their market niche, wealthy and fashionable, almost all women would know who they are.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
In N. America I would agree. I would think most European women would know PC and Charlotte. They are on the covers of alot of European magazines. And I think in their market niche, wealthy and fashionable, almost all women would know who they are.
Well I live in France. I can certify you that the majority doesn't know who she is. Believe me. They are on the cover of some magazines, I agree but the people who bought these magazines featuring her are mostly royalwatchers. I remember last year when I wrote about the wedding of Monaco and England on the newspaper of my Uni (we are a team of 26, mostly girls) and the majority didn't even know who the prince Albert is (and he is the head of state, the one who is supposed to be the most famous of the three).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Yesterday Charlotte went to a Vogue/Gucci event in Paris: the Vogue Fashion Night 2011, which took place in Paris Gucci store. She wore a MiuMiu dress, according to Pomeline's skyblog.
- Fashion spot pics
- Pomeline's article
Makeup flawless...but I don't think I like that dress. It looks too old, staid...almost like something for a matronly widow.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
Well I live in France. I can certify you that the majority doesn't know who she is. Believe me. They are on the cover of some magazines, I agree but the people who bought these magazines featuring her are mostly royalwatchers. I remember last year when I wrote about the wedding of Monaco and England on the newspaper of my Uni (we are a team of 26, mostly girls) and the majority didn't even know who the prince Albert is (and he is the head of state, the one who is supposed to be the most famous of the three).
I live in France too, and I can assure you that Titiromi is right! My friends don't really know Grimaldis (we are all around 25 years old): the only time we talked about them was to joke about the rumours of Charlene escaping from her palace, before the wedding. I would say that if today there is any interest for Grimaldis, it is thanks to Charlene (what I say here is only based on my own experience). Caroline and Stephanie are considered as the old scandalous princesses, and their children are not really known by real people. I speak for France, I think in Germany Caroline must be still known by every part of the population, because of her wedding with E-A.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte's been on the cover of French Elle and French Vogue within the last 12 months. Are you saying French women don't read those magazines anymore? That French women no longer follow fashion? Amazing.

Closed Thread