Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 35: November 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could choose a prince to marry , between William and Albert, I would definitely pick Albert.
Monaco is glamour,fashion,the sun of French riviera............ it appeals me so much more than the dull British monarchy!

If I could choose a prince to marry , between William and Albert, I would definitely pick Albert.
Monaco is glamour,fashion,the sun of French riviera............ it appeals me so much more than the dull British monarchy!

Vera, I agree, in Monaco you have more room to misbehave. With your sisters-in-law paving the way, the public is most likely to tolerate pics of you dancing the night away or dressing sexily. In England, the media will crucify you immediately. And the Monegasques can be depended on to defend you regardless of your antics (in Monaco, at least).

Albert also is wealthier than the Queen herself. The Grimaldis can spend their wealth without the public being too critical of their lifestyle because of their tax-free status vs in England where the Royal Family's spending habits and lifestyle are always seen in the light of the political and economic climate.

And also, with Albert, I think you are more likely to have more good-looking kids. Beauty is all relative, but I think I'm not alone in saying that the Grimaldis are perhaps the most good-looking royal family.:)

:eek: Oh dear Vera, but the man aged so ungracefully, the man grew so bold ( ok, P. william will grow bold to ), he became the dullest, grayest, uninteresting male specimen of the european monarchy :argh: ( once again, ok, apart from princes Charles and Andrew :yuk: ). He's the absolute opposite of that glamorous Monaco you dream of. At least, William still keeps his freshness... :whistling:

Let's get back on topic.

Posts about the fashions of Charlotte and Caroline, the British monarchy, etc are off topic and will be deleted without notice.

I completely 100% agree! There seems to be more personal freedom, and unlimited amounts of $$ to boot!

The Riviera is beautiful beautiful beautiful!

Last edited:
I don't get the impression that the relationship with Alex is causing stress & pressure. He appears quite well integrated into the family from the many holiday pics we see. They seem to be a settled couple - I'm not sure where the impression he is not supportive comes from. Charlotte can often be found at fashion shows/mixing with designers etc, & it is a world that is full of young women who are size 0, so I am not surprised that she has gradually assimilated a similar "look".

BINGO!! Charlotte's freaky thinness coincides with her hanging out in Paris and London with runway models like Kate Moss. She might be subconsciously trying to "keep up" with these women and their fashionable but ghastly concentration camp look.

It's quite a shame because Charlotte is more beautiful than ANY of them...she should not try to emulate that look!

Ii think it's her riding and jogging. She went from sitting at a desk all day to doing athletics all day.

Ii think it's her riding and jogging. She went from sitting at a desk all day to doing athletics all day.

I think that's it too. Plus Charlotte said it herself in an interview that she's always been too much of a perfectionist, so I'm pretty sure she's quite dedicated and puts a lot of effort into it. And as far as I know Charlotte's always been surrounded by those kind of people. Even when she was a lot younger. She was always a bit exposed due to her condition. She's a grown woman now and possibly a lot more mature than she was a few years back. I personally tend to agree with Fan of Monaco.

All I know for sure is that I look at photos of Charlotte now and she seems to lack a certain youthful freshness. I remember photos of her when Rainier was alive when she would appear on the balcony of the Palace with her brothers, and again as recently as Prince Albert's installation Mass. She seemed not only young and beautiful, but happy.

I know that you can perhaps put it down to the fact that she is maturing into young womanhood but even Caroline at the height of her club crawling with Junot never appeared jaded, imo.

Charlotte, I am very sad to say, does indeed seem bored and jaded and for me it appears to coincide with the arrival in her life of Alex and his crowd.

I very much hope I am wrong. She has the right to select her own friends and the type of life style that makes HER happy.

You hit the nail on the head, Moonmaiden23, although I am not sure I agree with you that her apparent sadness began with the arrival in her life of Alex and his crowd. To me, the essential difference between Charlotte and her mother is that Caroline always had spark, radiance and charisma, all qualities lacking in Charlotte. If there are scientists who measure beauty, it may be that Charlotte is the more beautiful, but I think human beings react to other human beings' attraction in a more holistic fashion, a certain warmth of energy forming a strong magnet. Charlotte, for whatever reason, does not radiate energy. The plus side is that she may convey more mystery. Unfortunately, I would tend to agree with you that she seems more jaded than mysterious.

You hit the nail on the head, Moonmaiden23, although I am not sure I agree with you that her apparent sadness began with the arrival in her life of Alex and his crowd. To me, the essential difference between Charlotte and her mother is that Caroline always had spark, radiance and charisma, all qualities lacking in Charlotte. If there are scientists who measure beauty, it may be that Charlotte is the more beautiful, but I think human beings react to other human beings' attraction in a more holistic fashion, a certain warmth of energy forming a strong magnet. Charlotte, for whatever reason, does not radiate energy. The plus side is that she may convey more mystery. Unfortunately, I would tend to agree with you that she seems more jaded than mysterious.

We have no idea what she is like, or how warm she is, or how charismatic. We know nothing because beyond the odd interview (what 2?) and some photos we know nothing about her. Her mother was a public figure her entire life. People knew, or at least thought they knew her personality. Charlotte is little more than a photographic model. I don't know what you are supposed to tell about people from pictures.

I don't think she necessarily appears sad...quite the opposite in fact. And it is true that one cannot tell someone's true nature from their photos.

But we can tell something about a person's character and personality from the company they keep and the type of activities they seem drawn to.

For example, at only age 21 Princess Caroline was the UN spokesperson for the Year Of The Child and I read somewhere that she had a hotline for young people in crisis in the Principality.

Other than fashion shows, parties, holidays and her horses I don't get a sense that Charlotte cares much about anything important, that is what I meant by "jaded".

And it's also why I got a chuckle out of the recent People Magazine article where someone was quoted as saying Charlotte "doesn't want to be a socialite".

Because when you think about it, that is EXACTLY what she is.

Last edited:
I don't think she necessarily appears sad...quite the opposite in fact. And it is true that one cannot tell someone's true nature from their photos.

But we can tell something about a person's character and personality from the company they keep and the type of activities they seem drawn to.

For example, at only age 21 Princess Caroline was the UN spokesperson for the Year Of The Child and I read somewhere that she had a hotline for young people in crisis in the Principality.

Other than fashion shows, parties, holidays and her horses I don't get a sense that Charlotte cares much about anything important, that is what a meant by "jaded".

And it's also why I got a chuckle out of the recent People Magazine article where someone was quoted as saying Charlotte "doesn't want to be a socialite".

Because when you think about it, that is EXACTLY what she is.

Moonmaiden, there are so many things of Charlotte and her brothers what we don't know or that isn't in the press, for example, in an interview with Marie-Claude Beaud, Director of The New National Museum of Monaco, she told that Charlotte was working with the project « On M. residency » (source: Marie-Claude Beaud, ou le musée en mouvement) or in the magazine "Vanity Fair" (I don't remember the month, but I do remember that in the cover was Grace Kelly),the article said that Charlotte has created a philosophy centre in Monaco.

But I do agree with iloveroyals that Caroline always had and has spark, but Charlotte not.

Sorry by my English, I hope you understand.

rerehh..you are right...I DIDN'T know that about Charlotte. That is very impressive indeed, thanks for sharing it.

Your English is perfect, by the way!

Caroline always seemed to me a very passionate woman, full of life,stubborn and restless, she gives off determination and grit, whereas her daughter, like you said, lacks to a certain extent of the very same qualities, at least from what we can see on pics.body language and everything.

I agree with the above postings.
IMHO Pre Alex Charlotte did have that spark, she was a little more relaxed, spunky!
Charlotte and Caroline are very close, I miss the photos of them together. The tender mother/daughter.
I don't hate Alex......But one can only wonder if this a healthy relationship.

We have no idea what she is like, or how warm she is, or how charismatic. We know nothing because beyond the odd interview (what 2?) and some photos we know nothing about her. Her mother was a public figure her entire life. People knew, or at least thought they knew her personality. Charlotte is little more than a photographic model. I don't know what you are supposed to tell about people from pictures.

Very true indeed. She seems quite a different person when away fron the press and with her family, laughing and enjoying their company, playing in an animated way with her sister. When she is on public display she is has a more serious demeanor, as her father did when he was on display in the public's eye, critical eye.

Nice pics. I wonder where she is going now.

^ I think fanofmonaco said she might be participating in a jumping competition this weekend.

nice finding sugarbaby318 . :)

I wonder what magz she bought. Hola maybe?

Or maybe french magazines like Point de vue, Paris Match or VSD. I wonder hoe she feels when she's confronted with most of the crappy things, magazines tell about her and her family... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love her boots. Must. Have. Them. Can someone please ID? I would so appreciate it...

Or maybe french magazines like Point de vue, Paris Match or VSD. I wonder hoe she feels when she's confronted with most of the crappy things, magazines tell about her and her family... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, she SUED Point de Vue in 2006 for publishing photos of her on vacation with her then new boyfriend Alex Dellal. So that should give you some idea. ;)

But I saw a photo once of her, and she was reading Point de Vue and kind of smiling. So who knows with Charlotte? :lol:

Maybe she likes to laugh or smile at thing paparazzi write about her or her family? That would be a good, uh, therapy for her.
Oh, and thanks sugarbaby for the response!

Many pics showed Charlotte with "Gala", which doesn't contain many pictures taken by paparazzis. I saw pics of Charlotte with "voici", and I was a bit disappointed!! I don't read it, it's full of rumors, I don't like this kind of press, and I didn't imagine before seeing this picture that Charlotte could have read it!!

Lovely outfit! I love her boots and sweater..and the jeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom